Thread: Feeding The Deep State: Trump's Big Intel Boost An Attack On Liberty

Feeding The Deep State: Trump's Big Intel Boost An Attack On Liberty

Feeding The Deep State: Trump's Big Intel Boost An Attack On Liberty

The 2018 US intelligence community budget saw its biggest increase in ten years and is now higher than it has ever been. President Trump's backers often claim that he's in Washington to fight the deep state, but it doesn't get more "deep state" than the US intelligence community. How to explain this massive increase? Do they think we are safer and more free with an even larger spy network watching us and meddling in the rest of the world's affairs?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya because he has to spy on liberals to find out how they're planning to violate our privacy next and stop them. But he won't spy on us. Pinky swear!

/ @dannno
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I'd +rep both of you, @Brian4Liberty and @acptulsa, if I could.
    There is no spoon.

Is this still more "moving the ball in the right direction"?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's the...."but, but, Hillary woulda been worse!"
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It's the...."but, but, Hillary woulda been worse!"

Of course you're right. What WAS I thinking?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ya because he has to spy on liberals to find out how they're planning to violate our privacy next and stop them. But he won't spy on us. Pinky swear!

/ @dannno

He's so benevolent that way. Heil Trump!
    Chris

I'm seeing a UGE lack of participation in this thread. Well, it's only that old fuddy duddy Ron Paul. Trump is the new hotness.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm seeing a UGE lack of participation in this thread. Well, it's only that old fuddy duddy Ron Paul. Trump is the new hotness.
    Cognitive dissonance begets crickets. Talk about phony tax cuts, judges or immigration, they're all over it. Talk about these kinds of things??

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Cognitive dissonance begets crickets. Talk about phony tax cuts, judges or immigration, they're all over it. Talk about these kinds of things??

Don't forget protectionist tariffs. Trump supporters love them some central economic planning when it comes in the form of protectionist tariffs. Only "defensively," of course.

Legitimate criticism they like to ignore.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-01-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Chris

Don't forget protectionist tariffs. Trump supporters love them some central economic planning when it comes in the form of protectionist tariffs. Only "defensively," of course.

Legitimate criticism they like to ignore.
    You sir, are no lover of liberty.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ron is right and nobody ever claimed Trump was perfect, what more is there to say?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Of course it is. You just don't understand how to play Quantum Dark Energy Wormhole Chess.

Ron is right and nobody ever claimed Trump was perfect, what more is there to say?
    The problem is that there is a lot more to say - and those things would certainly be said at length and in fits of high dudgeon (and quite properly so) if President Hillary was doing them.

But since it is President Hillary Donald, we get only shrugs and mild "Trump isn't perfect" demurrers.

When it comes to paving the road to hell, "good intentions" and "the lesser evil" are just two different tar spreaders used by the Highway Department work crew ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The problem is that there is a lot more to say - and those things would certainly be said at length and in fits of high dudgeon (and quite properly so) if President Hillary was doing them.

But since it is President Hillary Donald, we get only shrugs and mild "Trump isn't perfect" demurrers.

When it comes to paving the road to hell, "good intentions" and "the lesser evil" are just two different tar spreaders used by the Highway Department work crew ...
    If Trump wasn't doing so many other good things your point of view might have merit.
    Trump isn't the lesser of two evils, he is the least of all possible goods.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Trump wasn't doing so many other good things your point of view might have merit.
    Good things..... like breaking the Iran deal, increasing the debt, more money to the MIC, more bombing, ignoring Palestine horrors & worshipping Israel, meddling in the ME & S America, setting constant surveillance in place for all citizens..... yeah.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Good things..... like breaking the Iran deal, increasing the debt, more money to the MIC, more bombing, ignoring Palestine horrors & worshipping Israel, meddling in the ME & S America, setting constant surveillance in place for all citizens..... yeah.
    Nope, not those things.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    QED.

You're just using the other tar spreader I mentioned to excuse what you would never have excused if HRC had been responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    QED.

You're just using the other tar spreader I mentioned to excuse what you would never have excused if HRC had been responsible for it.
    No, I am debating where he falls on the spectrum between perfect and anti-perfect.

HRC would have been far closer to anti-perfect.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment