Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, RPF, care to lend a hand? I have a new ad idea that I'd like some input on.

Exclamation OK, RPF, care to lend a hand? I have a new ad idea that I'd like some input on.

Prompted by the success of this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-be-THE-issue.

And sparked by the information here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ey-48-Obama-45

And angered by this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-for-Romney

I'd like to come up with with a half page newspaper ad that would point out that both Romney and Obama represent the same thing and the voting for either one is a truly wasted vote.

Something that would encourage a third party vote in a non partisan way or even a vote of no confidence, a write in or left blank.

I don't have the tools to put anything together right now, maybe some of you folks could take a stab at it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giving this thread a bump. Hopefully someone with skillz and fu and the toolz can help out.

I think a position table would work best. Especially if we can sprinkle a little straight talk into it.

ISSUE ROMNEY --- OBAMA

War Supports wars Starts wars
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Don't forget Romneycare was the basis for Obamacare.

I'm not a photo shop wizard so not my cup of tea in designing it. As for an ad, depending where you go they get pretty expensive. Whats the end goal here and where are the funds going to come from?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I'm not a photo shop wizard so not my cup of tea in designing it. As for an ad, depending where you go they get pretty expensive. Whats the end goal here and where are the funds going to come from?
    The end goal is education, and hopefully enough votes for write in/independent/third party candidates to turn a trickle away from the Demopublican duopoly into a groundswell. And the money will again have to come from us.

End Goal?

I think he wants to stirr Americans Hearts to Strike down the 2 Headed Beast
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    End Goal?

I think he wants to stirr Americans Hearts to Strike down the 2 Headed Beast
    Yeah. That's what I was trying to say.

And inspires an idea for a graphic, too. A pushme-pullyou from Dr. Dolittle (at least the old one had one of those)--with an elephant's head on one end, and on the other the head of an ass.

Might only be recognized by older people, but newspaper ads will primarily be seen by the same, and we need to influence these people anyway. After all, the younger ones were never taught about the Constitution. Besides, the point is obvious whether you know what a pushmi-pullyu is or not.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-20-2012 at 08:33 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good idea. Here's a better idea. Why not start a liberty oriented newspaper? Where I live the Kroger grocery stores have stands in the lobby where they have a lot of "Free - take one" newspapers and magazines. I'm not sure how much it costs to buy "space" in a place like that. But you could sell ads in the paper. Follow Bill Cooper's advice. Don't complain about the press. Don't send money to the press. Get your own press.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I saw a list of 40 things that make Obama and Romney the same. I will see if I can dig it up and get back to you.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

There was a libertarian newspaper chain but they sold everything

http://www.freedom.com/company/history.html

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good idea. Here's a better idea. Why not start a liberty oriented newspaper? Where I live the Kroger grocery stores have stands in the lobby where they have a lot of "Free - take one" newspapers and magazines. I'm not sure how much it costs to buy "space" in a place like that. But you could sell ads in the paper. Follow Bill Cooper's advice. Don't complain about the press. Don't send money to the press. Get your own press.
    That's a good idea too. Freebie newspapers are very popular in Austin.

I'm interested in paying to put such an ad in my local papers as well. Not skilled enough to make it though. I guess it would be a PDF?

You could sell classifieds on the back for a few cents a word and help pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You could sell classifieds on the back for a few cents a word and help pay for it.
    Interesting business model. Basically like AP, UPI and their ilk--local ad revelue funneled back to the national source, which provides a printing palate with space left for the ads. This is funneled back to the localities for local printing and distribution. Not unheard of, but doing a newsweekly that way, and doing the whole layout nationally and making every regional identical except for the ads, is something new. It's a way to take corporatism out of the financial picture.

If we have to have our own reporting staff, of course, it's cost prohibitive to get it out of the box. As a news digest with the web as its primary source, however, all that would be required are people to do the layout and clear, pithy writers to paraphrase and cite references. The net is an advantage in that you just provide links--this site is my news digest--but for people who, for one reason or another don't like it, this would indeed be a piece of paper to read. Looking at the demographics of that makes it seem logical to target an older audience to a degree.

We need to do this. We should have done it six years ago.

Excuse us, AF. Were we hijacking your thread?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-20-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Run on sentence needed yet another comma

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right now, the funds are coming from me.

I wasn't clear in my OP, I'm looking to target the narrow swing vote in my home state of NH.

But I have in my mind a broadsheet that could be used anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    We need to do this. We should have done it six years ago.

Excuse us, AF. Were we hijacking your thread?
    Not at all, I was hoping to get some positive brainstorming out of this.

Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Right now, the funds are coming from me.
    I wasn't clear in my OP, I'm looking to target the narrow swing vote in my home state of NH.
    Putting the presidential police state apparatus in NH could really come to a head with the FSP eh?

edit: so perhaps an ad specifically targetting the downsides of having a presidential vacation home in your area?
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I saw a list of 40 things that make Obama and Romney the same. I will see if I can dig it up and get back to you.
    Please do, I'd like to use that as a tool to school the masses.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Putting the presidential police state apparatus in NH could really come to a head with the FSP eh?

edit: so perhaps an ad specifically targetting the downsides of having a presidential vacation home in your area?
    Yup, been thinking how to present that as well.

I would include the cheating at both Conventions. "In the opinion of the Chair, the ayes have it!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Okay folks. Let's start posting material.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Okay folks. Let's start posting material.

Anybody know what the story is behind U. of California's place on the Obama list?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Romney supported the "big dig".

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...12-the-BIG-DIG

Romneycare actually worse than Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Anybody know what the story is behind U. of California's place on the Obama list?
    Quick Google search shows that it was made by faculty members who work there as opposed to the U of C itself.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/co...?cid=N00009638

Same with all of the other donors. It's like Ron Paul getting the most donations from members of the military doesn't mean the military itself donated to Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    There was a libertarian newspaper chain but they sold everything

http://www.freedom.com/company/history.html
    That's too bad. What I think we need to do to make this viable is to use an internet based model. Basically if there was one well run blog as high quality as HuffPo (as in writing level, not idea level) and then the blog was put into printed form and distributed nationwide it could work. The key would also be volume.

Here's a website that will publish your newspaper for you.

http://www.newspaperclub.com

For 2000 copies it cost .90 cents per copy for a 12 page color newspaper. See: http://www.newspaperclub.com/help/what-is-a-page

Divide that by 50 states and if we could get 40 people per state to commit $0.90 per issue (month/week?) to this, it becomes viable. Of course that's just a start. Really we need thousands of copies distributed in a single city to make this worthwhile. So perhaps the idea could be to get a national movement to saturate on city (it could be Austin as L.E. says free newspapers are popular there and there seems to be a strong liberty movement) then as that city's paper becomes self-sustaining through advertisements and local subscribers/patrons we move to the next city.

Bump! Come on folks! We can beat verbally each other up in endless threads over stupid stuff but we can't come together to do positive brain storming?

Bump! Come on folks! We can beat verbally each other up in endless threads over stupid stuff but we can't come together to do positive brain storming?
    Maybe we can work in SWAT teams raiding medical marijuana dispensaries (and that they both support it).

"expensive, tax-payer subsidized big pharma medicine - supported"
    "inexpensive, natural herbal medicine - terminate with extreme prejudice!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I've been kicking this idea in my head about a national advertising blitz to promote 3rd party or write-in Ron Paul for that matter. Goes like this:

Romney represents the 1%. Obama is destroying the 99%. This election, become a part of the 34%. Only takes 34% of the vote to win in a three man race.
    Last edited by RDM; 09-20-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast