Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gov. LePage signs marijuana moratorium bill into law

@jmdrake I'm going to have to disagree with some of your points on this one. Don't believe AAA's statistics any more than MADD's. Any statistics either of these organizations cite come from the NHTSA. I did a lengthy post somewhere, in the long ago, here debunking the statistics that the government culls together.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First.. anyone old enough to be drafted is old enough to decide for themselves
    Second.. it's a flippin plant! treat it like spinach.. put it in the salad, make a pesto..
    Govt.. gtfo
    Last edited by opal; 01-31-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

It takes about a year for all of the legislators and governors pals and family to set up a monopoly for cultivation and sales in the state. Lots of shell companies to be created, lots of grow spaces and store fronts to be outfitted through their stolen taxpayer funds, lots of regulations to devise to cut out everyone else. That doesn't happen overnight!

What, you didn't think the average joe would be allowed to quickly take over market segments, did ya? That's why it's being legalized instead of being made lawful.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It takes about a year for all of the legislators and governors pals and family to set up a monopoly for cultivation and sales in the state. Lots of shell companies to be created, lots of grow spaces and store fronts to be outfitted through their stolen taxpayer funds, lots of regulations to devise to cut out everyone else. That doesn't happen overnight!

What, you didn't think the average joe would be allowed to quickly take over market segments, did ya? That's why it's being legalized instead of being made lawful.
    Don't forget about protecting the children from dangerous plants!

That's governments most important responsibility..

You know........Like all the warrants handed down for Nightshade and castor beans........

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So refusing to swallow the approved narrative cited in anti-pot statistics makes one a "pot cultist" eh?
    In this case yes. You haven't offered any actual alternative stats or logical viewpoint. Are you are doing in sticking your fingers in your ear and screaming "LA LA LA! POT IS WONDERFUL! Never criticize pot at all or I'm going to have a hissy fit!"

Use some freaking common sense. Marijuana is a mind altering drug. That's the reason people freaking take it. Only a total idiot or a cultist would think that using pot would not have any appreciable effect on one's ability to operate a motor vehicle. I tell you what. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

Sorry dude I'm not going to play your game, and make no mistake, it is a game....One you want to engage in that threatens both your family and mine.
    Here's the game you should play pot cultist. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

Pot is not dangerous unless a load falls on you from great height, citing government statistics about how THC was found in XYZ circumstances after legalization is just another form of government worship designed to rile the ignorant. In any study you may find relative to weed impairment you'll be left to deduce that weed was "dangerous" from conjecture and not fact.
    One more time. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

Here's a simple fact that big-government proponents always fail to address; Weed is far less "dangerous" to society than weed laws and their enforcement.
    Governor LePage just decriminalized pot! That's what makes your entire argument stupid beyond belief. But I tell you what. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

That said...........Pay attention! My argument is simply that weed is much less "dangerous" than government enforcement of weed laws.
    Governor LePage just decriminalized pot! That's what makes your entire argument stupid beyond belief. But I tell you what. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    No doubt LaPage is 100% wrong on this issue.
    Right. Because instead of making pot legal for adults he should keep it illegal for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    @jmdrake I'm going to have to disagree with some of your points on this one. Don't believe AAA's statistics any more than MADD's. Any statistics either of these organizations cite come from the NHTSA. I did a lengthy post somewhere, in the long ago, here debunking the statistics that the government culls together.
    I will give you the same challenge. Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    First.. anyone old enough to be drafted is old enough to decide for themselves
    No argument from me there. I don't think the alcohol age should be higher than the draft age either. That said, I don't think there should be a draft at all.

Second.. it's a flippin plant! treat it like spinach.. put it in the salad, make a pesto..
    Govt.. gtfo
    Opium is a plant. Hemlock is a plant. Nightshade is a plant. Poison Ivy is a plant. The fact that marijuana is a plant really has no relevance.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Don't forget about protecting the children from dangerous plants!

That's governments most important responsibility..

You know........Like all the warrants handed down for Nightshade and castor beans........
    You're right. Governor LePage should just make pot illegal for everyone because whiners like you will never be satisfied anyway.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Go to Colorado, eat a pot brownie, full strength, smoke a bag of weed, get on a motorcycle and drive through the mountains using a GoPro camera and post the results. ad nauseam

Maybe a tad less alcohol before posting would help?

Or is it prescriptions that have your sensibilities all askew?

Either way you're sounding a bit like a nut this evening.

You're right. Governor LePage should just make pot illegal for everyone because whiners like you will never be satisfied anyway.
    Governor LePage is a complete idiot for calling weed "dangerous" and you're acting like an idiot for agreeing with him.

Go to bed before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself.

Governor LePage is a complete idiot for calling weed "dangerous" and you're acting like an idiot for agreeing with him.

Go to bed before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself.
    Go do a bag a weed and drive off a cliff and make the world less whinny you stupid whiner.

Maybe a tad less alcohol before posting would help?
    In other words you won't take my challenge because you know you're full of shyt. Thanks for coming clean.

Weed is not dangerous. Studies on impaired driving cannot provide any certainty on dope smokers; most accidents blamed on drugs involve several drugs, including prescription drugs.

I'm from California and never knew anyone that was involved in any serious accidents because of weed; in fact weed smokers actually have a tendency to drive slower, but not impaired.

I don't smoke it but have no problem with others, if that's their thing.

Marijuana was made "evil" by the gov to get rid of hemp, which was considered a gift from God by most indigenous cultures. George Washington taxed people who did not grow hemp, as it was so important in the colonies. It is stronger than steel, more durable than cotton and can be made into oil. Big Corps couldn't handle that and made a deal with TPTB to make the sister plant, cannabis, evil to the world. The Mexican nickname "marijuana" was even chosen to promote the elimination of hemp and the evilness of the plant to Americans.
    There is no spoon.

Opium is a plant. Hemlock is a plant. Nightshade is a plant. Poison Ivy is a plant. The fact that marijuana is a plant really has no relevance.
    Um
    Opium is not a plant.
    The poppy is a plant
    Kind of like the crude oil that comes out of the ground is not gasolene
    Hemlock - is a plant.. and a tree that are not on the schedule 1 drug list
    Nightshade is a class of plants, which include potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and more
    Poison ivy.. yep, this one is a plant and hey look.. it's not on a drug schedule!
    Feel free to go play in some
    Last edited by opal; 02-02-2017 at 02:40 AM.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go do a bag a weed and drive off a cliff and make the world less whinny you stupid whiner.
    Smoke three marijuanas and see where you end up!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Government sponsored propaganda shining through...

And this folks is actually a prime example of an 'educated American', the kind who fancy themselves politically astute and believe wholeheartedly that they are qualified to legislate how you and your family should behave under force of law....

Scary isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Weed is not dangerous. Studies on impaired driving cannot provide any certainty on dope smokers; most accidents blamed on drugs involve several drugs, including prescription drugs.
    Studies on alcohol and marijuana show that when combined the impairment is worse than for either drug alone. That could also be true for prescription drugs. How many teenagers are on some kind of prescription drug?

I'm from California and never knew anyone that was involved in any serious accidents because of weed; in fact weed smokers actually have a tendency to drive slower, but not impaired.
    Actually the studies show that the reason pot smokers tend to drive slower is because they know they are impaired!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

This awareness of impairment has behavioral consequences. Several reviews of driving and simulator studies have concluded that marijuana use by drivers is likely to result in decreased speed and fewer attempts to overtake, as well as increased “following distance”. The opposite is true of alcohol.43 One review of eight driving simulator studies and seven on-road studies44 found that cannabis use was associated with either poor lane control41, 45–48 or slower driving that successfully maintained lane control.49–51 In seven of ten studies cited, cannabis use was associated with a decrease in driving speed despite explicit instructions to maintain a particular speed, whereas under the influence of alcohol, subjects consistently drove faster. Two simulator studies showed that the tendency to overtake was decreased with cannabis use but increased with alcohol.52, 53 One simulator study and two on-road studies examining car-following behavior concluded that cannabis smokers tend to increase the distance between themselves and the car in front of them.41, 45 Other studies have found no adverse effects of marijuana use on sign detection,49 a sudden lane-changing task,43 or the detection of and response to hazardous events.48

3.2.2 Studies that show impairment
    Not all deficits can be compensated for through the use of behavioral strategies, however. Both alcohol and marijuana use increase reaction time and the number of incorrect responses to emergencies.43 Drivers under the influence of marijuana were not able to compensate for standard deviation of lateral position (SDLP, a measure of staying within lane), which increased with increasing doses of THC. This is a measure that is not subject to conscious compensatory mechanisms in the way that other aspects of driving are. Other studies have found poorer monitoring of the speedometer under the influence of marijuana,54 increased decision time when passing,52 increased time needed to brake when a light suddenly changes,55 and increased time to respond to a changing light45, 56 or sudden sound.57 Drivers also crashed more frequently into a sudden obstacle on a high dose of marijuana, although this did not happen at a low dose.45

Here's something else to consider. People know in most states if they get caught with pot in their system they're potentially in big trouble. So that could also account for more cautious driving.

I don't smoke it but have no problem with others, if that's their thing.
    Nobody in this thread has argued that adults shouldn't be able to smoke pot. That's what makes this thread strange.

Marijuana was made "evil" by the gov to get rid of hemp, which was considered a gift from God by most indigenous cultures. George Washington taxed people who did not grow hemp, as it was so important in the colonies. It is stronger than steel, more durable than cotton and can be made into oil. Big Corps couldn't handle that and made a deal with TPTB to make the sister plant, cannabis, evil to the world. The Mexican nickname "marijuana" was even chosen to promote the elimination of hemp and the evilness of the plant to Americans.
    Nobody is arguing that marijuana is evil. That also makes this thread strange. I'm not saying marijuana should be treated like heroine. It's just not a diet coke either. And hemp can't get you high at all. I'm 100% for medical marijuana and would even gather signatures to get it on the ballot in all of the states where it's not legal yet. I'm totally fine with adults smoking pot. I just don't think its "evil" for marijuana to be restricted to medical use for minors and totally legal for everyone else. Seriously why are people freaking out about that? I wonder if people smoke a few joints before posting at RPF sometimes. There is "evil pot propaganda" out there which claims pot makes people psychotic, that it's a gateway drug, that it causes lung cancer worse than cigarettes and all sorts of things. I haven't referenced any of that but people are freaking out. That's silly.

And again, my GoPro smoke pot challenge is still open.

Government sponsored propaganda shining through...

And this folks is actually a prime example of an 'educated American', the kind who fancy themselves politically astute and believe wholeheartedly that they are qualified to legislate how you and your family should behave under force of law....

Scary isn't it?
    Cowardly pot smoker shining through. Take the GoPro pot challenge or shut the fvck up.

Cowardly pot smoker shining through. Take the GoPro pot challenge or shut the fvck up.
    Look Ace, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Either it's prescriptions or you're drinking at 5:00AM?

Find anywhere where I have said that I smoke/eat or in any way ingest weed or have over the last few decades.........I would be really interested to see you try.

Maybe you should take your own "challenge" if for no other reason than to educate yourself.

Ignorance combined with bravado in a 'member of the court' is the status-quo but for Gods sake man try a little harder......
    Last edited by tod evans; 02-02-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Look Ace, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Either it's prescriptions or you're drinking at 5:00AM?

Find anywhere where I have said that I smoke/eat or in any way ingest weed or have over the last few decades.........I would be really interested to see you try.

Maybe you should take your own "challenge" if for no other reason than to educate yourself.

Ignorance combined with bravado in a 'member of the court' is the status-quo by for Gods sake man try a little harder......
    Do you need to buy you a GoPro? Can't afford one because you spent all your money on weed? Or are you too much of a coward to take the challenge?

Do you need to buy you a GoPro? Can't afford one because you spent all your money on weed? Or are you too much of a coward to take the challenge?
    I don't own a GoPro, not interested in buying one either. Especially for some idiot on the interwebs who would have me spend my hard earned money to entertain his sophomoric fantasies.

Grow up little boy, learn about things before you pontificate, it'll help you save face.

Either that or get off your dads account.

I don't own a GoPro, not interested in buying one either. Especially for some idiot on the interwebs who would have me spend my hard earned money to entertain his sophomoric fantasies.

Grow up little boy, learn about things before you pontificate, it'll help you save face.

Either that or get off your dads account.
    In other words you're full of shyt just like I said. I would send you the GoPro loser. You can buy a knock off at Family Dollar you broke ass junkie. Or you can just use your damn cell phone.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In other words you're full of shyt just like I said. I would send you the GoPro loser. You can buy a knock off at Family Dollar you broke ass junkie. Or you can just use your damn cell phone.
    Look squirt, my cell phone folds in half, it's for talking on, you know like a phone....

And as far as your 'junkie' assertions....................How much real property do you own, or your dad? Hell combine them and let's compare net worth..

You're wrong and out of your league, sober up and try again later.

Look squirt, my cell phone folds in half, it's for talking on, you know like a phone....

And as far as your 'junkie' assertions....................How much real property do you own, or your dad? Hell combine them and let's compare net worth..

You're wrong and out of your league, sober up and try again later.
    LOL. So you're so broke you got a flip phone. My last flip phone also had a camera punk. And if you don't have any other options then duct tape your POS laptop to your forehead and use your web camera.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-02-2017 at 05:52 AM.

LOL. So you're so broke you got a flip phone. My last flip phone also had a camera punk. And if you don't have any other options then duct tape your POS laptop to your forehead and use your web camera.
    Reading seems to be a challenge for you, or am I right that this is a kid posting on JM's account?

Go to school boy and give your dad back his computer.

It'll be okay if you skip the DARE class today, maybe go meet a girl and get a life?

Reading seems to be a challenge for you, or am I right that this is a kid posting on JM's account?

Go to school boy and give your dad back his computer.

It'll be okay if you skip the DARE class today, maybe go meet a girl and get a life?
    LOL. I've heard of angry drunks and now I've met an angry pot head. Dude if I wanted another girl I'd hit up your mom. Now you want the last word for today you can have it as I actually have work to go do.

One more thing. As for your ignorant DARE class comment, I've been consistent throughout this thread that pot should be legalized. The Governor you are bitching about legalized pot. This is just more evidence of what a total dumbass loser you are.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-02-2017 at 06:02 AM.

(A little over 1 minute in his own words)

Last edited by tod evans; 02-02-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Actually the studies show that the reason pot smokers tend to drive slower is because they know they are impaired!
    Personally, back when I was a pothead, I always drove by the rules and the speed limit as well; but it was less because I knew I was impaired (I did) and more because I didn't want to get pulled over and busted by the popo. I like to think that spending my life stoned as young adult kept me ticket free for over a decade.

Right. Because instead of making pot legal for adults he should keep it illegal for everyone.
    The powers that be (including LaPage) in both states were against the efforts by the people. They are delaying. LaPage is against legalization and is doing what he can to hurt as many people as possible for as long as possible. He is generally decent, and better than all but a handful of governors. However, he is 100% wrong on this issue. It doesn't matter. He will try and try but fail to stop cannabis freedom
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123