Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Neoconservative Reference List

The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Senator John Cornyn deserves a place on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I think Senator John Cornyn deserves a place on the list.
    Why would he deserve a special spot over your average GOP Senator? How is he a leading neoconservative in the Senate? If we set the standards so that Cornyn is included, how many other Senators then must be included as well?

I don't really know the answers to this, but I have never viewed him as a leading neocon like Rubio/McCain/Graham/Ayotte/Kirk/Menendez/Schumer.

I think we should be very careful to only restrict the list to the leading neocons in the House and Senate because the vast majority of them have records which can be considered neoconservative, and it'd be extremely counterproductive to list them all.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 05-15-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Why would he deserve a special spot over your average GOP Senator? How is he a leading neoconservative in the Senate? If we set the standards so that Cornyn is included, how many other Senators then must be included as well?

I don't really know the answers to this, but I have never viewed him as a leading neocon like Rubio/McCain/Graham/Ayotte/Kirk/Menendez/Schumer.

I think we should be very careful to only restrict the list to the leading neocons in the House and Senate because the vast majority of them have records which can be considered neoconservative, and it'd be extremely counterproductive to list them all.
    My understanding is that he is second in command on the R side of the Senate. He's a bigger fish on paper than Rubio, but I'm a Texan so I'm biased.

But yeah, most Republicans in the Senate have mostly Neocon records. Just throwing my two cents in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    List modified: Some hard-core neoconservatives have had notes added which identify some of the politicians they advise. If Jeb, Romney, Christie, Pence, etc. have hardcore neoconservative advisers, let's be sure to identify them for the list.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-15-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Notes on Marco Rubio:

Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)...regularly solicits advice from scholars at the American Enterprise Institute.
    ...His chief of staff, Cesar Conda, and deputy chief of staff, Sally Canfield, have long policy backgrounds, as does Jamie Fly...
    ...Rubio has become friendly with Yuval Levin...
    ...Rubio said that the American Enterprise Institute is the “primary organization” he turns to. ...
    More:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...b08_story.html
    U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) today announced Jamie Fly is joining his Washington staff to serve as Counselor for Foreign and National Security Affairs.
    The Neocons Return
    Meet their 2016 candidate, Marco Rubio.
    His loose circle of advisers includes former national-security adviser Stephen Hadley, former deputy national-security adviser Elliott Abrams, Brookings Institution scholar and former Reagan-administration aide Robert Kagan, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol...
    “I think it’s very important that any isolationist arguments be defeated well and be defeated early,” says a neoconservative foreign-policy expert who talks with Rubio frequently.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...eliana-johnson
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-06-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Requesting addition of:
    Cofer Black
    Max Boot
    Eliot Cohen
    Michael Hayden
    John Lehman
    All added.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    What about ACT! for America, Americanism Educational Leaders?
    Brigitte Gabriel added to the list.

More recently, the modern-day neocons have come from the far left, a group historically identified as former Trotskyists. Liberal Christopher Hitchins has recently officially joined the neocons, and it has been reported that he has already been to the White House as an ad hoc consultant. Many neocons now in positions of influence in Washington can trace their status back to Professor Leo Strauss of the University of Chicago. One of Strauss’ books was Thoughts on Machiavelli. This book was not a condemnation of Machiavelli’s philosophy. Paul Wolfowitz actually got his PhD under Strauss. Others closely associated with these views are Richard Perle, Eliot Abrams, Robert Kagan and William Kristol. All are key players in designing our new strategy of preemptive war. Others include: Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute; former CIA Director James Woolsy; Bill Bennett of Book of Virtues fame; Frank Gaffney; Dick Cheney; and Donald Rumsfeld. There are just too many to mention who are philosophically or politically connected to the neocon philosophy in some varying degree.

Then there's Daniel Pipes and David Horowitz, which I don't know if they count as neocons, but definitely Israel firsters.

Notes on Yuval Levin:

Baby Kristol - Yuval Levin is the right’s new favorite intellectual

Paul Ryan works in a man cave in the Longworth House Office Building. It is bedecked with the paraphernalia of the football teams he loves, the Wisconsin Badgers and the Green Bay Packers. Last year, I visited the lair of the Republican Party’s philosopher prince to ask about his own personal philosopher, a 35-year-old named Yuval Levin.
    ...Hardly a month passes without either David Brooks or Ross Douthat citing Levin’s work. But it’s also the reason that Paul Ryan has leaned heavily on Levin to sell his famous budgets. As Ryan explains it, “[Levin] does a very good job of articulating why these are good ideas and the right way to go and how they’re philosophically connected with one another and consistent.”
    ...After graduating from American University, he enrolled in a doctoral program at the University of Chicago’s Committee on Social Thought—a cradle of neoconservative thinking. He buried himself in the writings of the eighteenth-century Anglo-Irish thinker Edmund Burke.
    Despite his youth, Levin had been anointed the next great neoconservative. And in 2009, Bill Kristol gave him a title to match those expectations. Four years earlier, Kristol’s father, Irving Kristol, had shuttered his legendary journal, The Public Interest. But with Obama’s victory, Kristol the Younger found himself longing to revive his dad’s publication. “The end of the Bush administration showed that conservatism wasn’t strong politically and even intellectually,” Kristol says. So he followed the old dictum: When intellectuals have nothing left to do, they start a magazine. Levin was appointed the editor of the new effort, National Affairs...
    ...But what does it mean to be the Irving Kristol of our time? Like Kristol, Levin doesn’t want to explicitly demolish the welfare state.
    More:
    http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...irving-kristol
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-16-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Is that prick Kissinger still kicking?
    It seems that he is advising Chris Christie...

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie:

Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of State
    Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State
    Richard N. Haass, president, Council on Foreign Relations
    Robert E. Grady, venture capitalist and former White House associate budget director

https://news.yahoo.com/brain-trusts-...185300373.html

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Also you can add to the list John Yoo and Andrew McCarthy, who were key propagandists in making an official torture policy palatable to the mainstream.
    Added.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-28-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Is that prick Kissinger still kicking?
    Not that I follow these things too closely, but I did notice he was on the Bilderberg list this year.

The "other" list from Zero Hedge: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...lete-2014-list

USA Kissinger, Henry A. Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Inc.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

A video on Lindsey Graham and neoconservatism:

Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-30-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Gary Bauer added.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Gary Bauer added.
    More Media Neocons Liz Wahl and James Kirchick

This how NEOCON media operatives work... fools at FPI released their plan 25 minutes before Liz Wah lit up the screen! Checkout the tweet:

How Cold War-Hungry Neocons Stage Managed RT Anchor Liz Wahl’s Resignation - Truthdig

Foreign Policy Initiative
    -- founded in 2009
    Members: http://www.foreignpolicyi.org/about/staff

Foundation for the Defense of Democracy
    Members: http://defenddemocracy.org/experts
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-30-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    More Media Neocons Liz Wahl and James Kirchick
    Don't know how we missed Kirchick up till now! IMHO, Wahl is too small potatoes (at this point). It was an interesting episode though. RT was really pwned by that infiltrator. If she gets a new job, maybe we can add her.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newt Gingrich added.

Don't know how we missed Kirchick up till now! IMHO, Wahl is too small potatoes (at this point). It was an interesting episode though. RT was really pwned by that infiltrator. If she gets a new job, maybe we can add her.
    I mentioned Kirchick

Wahl is a nobody though. Heck, she hasn't even advocated for neoconservatism as far as I know.

I mentioned Kirchick
    Hard to keep up with all of the nominees! At least he's there now...

Wahl is a nobody though. Heck, she hasn't even advocated for neoconservatism as far as I know.
    Agree, not a big enough fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    What about ACT! for America, Americanism Educational Leaders?
    Good call that led to Brigitte Gabriel. She was on Cavuto tonight, and she is quite a piece of work. Didn't know who she was until today. Recognized her voice from radio shows. She is a true neocon angry-bird.

Never heard of them. They don't seem to be textbook, think-tank neoconservative, but "ACT! for America" seems to be pushing aspects of the agenda. Their founder (Brigitte Gabriel) can certainly make the list. She already has an entry at Rightweb. Seems like a Hagee type, very useful to neoconservatives. If we include Hagee, we should include her. Maybe we need a category for useful idiots?

Note on Jesse Watters:

Had the unfortunate experience of seeing Jesse Watters sitting in on The Five today. Obvious neoconservative is obvious.
    Any other links or input?

Notes on Alliance for a Strong America:

A Dick and Liz Cheney organization which is stereotypical neoconservative:
    http://strongeramerica.com/about/

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    This list needs more neo-libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    If we had a sub-list for neo-liberal interventionists, Brzezinski would certainly be on the list. What other prominent people would be on a neo-liberal interventionist list? Members of the Obama Administration? Any advisers to Hitlary Clinton?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bit surprised that covert lefty neocons like Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry are not on the list.

Dianne Feinstein
    Feinstein supported the Iraq war resolution in the vote of October 11, 2002; she has claimed that she was misled by President Bush on the reasons for going to war. However, former UN Weapons Inspector in Iraq Scott Ritter has stated that Feinstein in summer 2002 acknowledged to him that she knew the Bush administration had not provided any convincing intelligence to back up its claims about the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

Brian Schweitzer: Eric Cantor Sets Off My 'Gaydar'
    By National Journal Staff

In an in-depth profile by National Journal's Marin Cogan, Schweitzer, a Democrat, says that Southern men strike him as "effeminate," says that ousted House Majority Leader Eric Cantor set off his "gaydar," and suggests that Sen. Dianne Feinstein was a streetwalker for the U.S. intelligence community.
    "She was the woman who was standing under the streetlight with her dress pulled all the way up over her knees," Schweitzer says of Feinstein, "and now she says, 'I'm a nun,' when it comes to this spying I mean, maybe that's the wrong metaphor—but she was all in!"

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Bit surprised that covert lefty neocons like Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry are not on the list.
    That is the open question...

If we had a sub-list for neo-liberal interventionists, Brzezinski would certainly be on the list. What other prominent people would be on a neo-liberal interventionist list? Members of the Obama Administration? Any advisers to Hitlary Clinton?
    If we listed neo-lib interventionists, who would we put on the list?

And now that many of the neoconservatives are openly returning to their leftist roots, the line between the Leninist neo-lib socialists and the Trotskyite neoconservatives is being blurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast