Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If RyanCare fails the vote, it may cost him his job

Thumbs up If RyanCare fails the vote, it may cost him his job

Speculation is that if RyanCare fails the vote, there will be a motion made to vacate the speaker
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently the Freedom Caucus are on hot seats as well:

Trump to Republicans: Vote for Obamacare repeal or lose your seat

'I'm asking for your vote on Thursday,' the president said.

By KYLE CHENEY, RACHAEL BADE and JOHN BRESNAHAN 03/21/17 05:23 AM EDT Updated 03/21/17 01:11 PM EDT

During a closed-door meeting with the House GOP conference, the president gave a full-throated endorsement to the House repeal bill that will come to the floor for a vote on Thursday. He warned that if Republicans don't pass the bill, "I honestly think many of you will lose your seats in 2018."

Trump even called out the bill's most vocal critic in the House, Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), who's led the conservative opposition to the Republican health care plan. "Mark, I'm gonna come after you" if he keeps it up, Trump said, according to multiple sources.

The sources cautioned that Trump may have been "half joking," as one put it. He winked and he smiled at Meadows, and acknowledged the congressman was a strong supporter of his campaign.

But singling out Meadows in front of his colleagues sent a clear message: Trump wants him to get in line. And fast.

"This Thursday we have a chance to repeal and replace Obamacare, and this time you've actually got someone who will sign the bill," Trump told them. "I'm asking for your vote."

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and the House GOP leadership welcomed the presidential admonition to the GOP ranks ahead of Thursday's vote, which looks by all accounts to be a cliffhanger.

GOP leaders have projected confidence in passage, and they're optimistic that Trump's personal appeal to the conference will put the bill over the top. But House Freedom Caucus members emerged from a meeting Monday night claiming they have enough votes to block the legislation.

In that regard, the meeting might have been exactly what leadership needed. Trump made abundantly clear that he's all-in on the Republican health care plan, which could determine the course of his entire first-term legislative agenda.

The president was accompanied by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price and White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, both of whom served in the House until recently. At one point, Trump joked that perhaps he shouldn't have plucked Mulvaney from the House because the vote is so close and he could use the vote.

Trump entered the meeting to loud cheers.

"We have a chance to do something fantastic, to do something amazing," Trump told the lawmakers, according to sources in the room.

He later added: "Many of you came in on the pledge to repeal and replace Obamacare. I honestly think many of you will lose your seats in 2018 if you don't get this done."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-repeal-236281
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Good. He should have listened to the constituents.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I'm sure Bathhouse Barry can hook him up with a night job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Great. People will stop confusing Paul with Rand or Ryan with Paul.

I would love for McCain to lose his seat its long over due.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Speculation is that if RyanCare fails the vote, there will be a motion made to vacate the speaker

Alas, we have to wait ~4 years to flush the other Obamacare-Lite pusher.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Apparently the Freedom Caucus are on hot seats as well:
    Exactly the opposite.
    Their constituents voted them in - like they also voted for Trump in part - to repeal Obamacare.

Ryancare/ObamacareLite doesn't do that -
    Ryan already lost on this old folks voucher plan in 2012 as the GOP nominee for VP/President of Senate
    - and his insurance cartel mandates won't be found even constitutional.

Only half the Freedom Caucus needs to vote no to defeat Ryancare, and when other GOP Congressman realize it's going down,
    they are gonna start piling on with no votes to save their re-elections/primaries against new healthcare freedom candidates in 2018.
    -

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could this have been Trump's plan all along? Go through the motions supporting Ryan's plan and then when it fails use that as the pretext of getting rid of his most powerful enemy in Congress? I noticed on CNN this morning that despite the anchor doing everything she could to paint Rand's opposition to the bill as opposition to Trump, Rand refused to take the bait and instead laid blame for the bill squarely on Ryan while insisting that he and Trump were on the same side. Could Rand and Trump have masterminded this whole thing?

When Ryan was considering becoming speaker he had some demands about changing the rules to make it harder to overthrow a speaker, did those changes actually occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Could this have been Trump's plan all along? Go through the motions supporting Ryan's plan and then when it fails use that as the pretext of getting rid of his most powerful enemy in Congress? I noticed on CNN this morning that despite the anchor doing everything she could to paint Rand's opposition to the bill as opposition to Trump, Rand refused to take the bait and instead laid blame for the bill squarely on Ryan while insisting that he and Trump were on the same side. Could Rand and Trump have masterminded this whole thing?
    I certainly hope so. But I doubt there as a mastermind plan. More so than anything, an alignment of interests for a mutually beneficial outcome. Trump pushing this Obamacare-lite is disheartening. What the hell happened to just repealing?! The votes are there. The political capital is there. The will? Not so much.

Rand is upping his game. He is learning from the Master. Rand read Trump's book

Jan2017

So, is Ryan looking in the mirror when he calls the looming vote
    “a rendezvous with destiny”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...zvous-destiny/

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

That's a good reason to vote against it all by itself.

That would be perfect, I can't wait to see the rino go.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could Rand and Trump have masterminded this whole thing?
    No. They're not on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    No. They're not on the same side.
    Rand says they are on the same side.

Rand says they are on the same side.
    Keep in mind you have to appease TPTB. It is not a time for an open revolt yet. 4D chess.

Could this have been Trump's plan all along? Go through the motions supporting Ryan's plan and then when it fails use that as the pretext of getting rid of his most powerful enemy in Congress?

That's been my speculation for a long time...except not sure Rand has knowingly been in on "the plan". I like to call it being "Bannoned". :-). Fingers crossed my spidey senses are calibrated correctly.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    When Ryan was considering becoming speaker he had some demands about changing the rules to make it harder to overthrow a speaker, did those changes actually occur?
    It seems like Meadows or another Congressman could introduce a vote to vacate Ryan's position as speaker pretty quickly.
    If Ryan is running ads against fellow GOP in their home districts to get them out of Congress in 2018, I'd say "fair ball".

"Rep. Paul Ryan, Boehner's eventual successor, initially stated that he would seek the Speakership only if changes were made to the rule.
    A spokesperson for Ryan stated in October, "No matter who is speaker, they cannot be successful with this weapon pointed at them all the time."

The House Freedom Caucus, however, objected and reportedly called the condition a "non-starter."

Shortly thereafter, Ryan—who was elected speaker on October 29 (2015)—dropped the condition and agreed with the Freedom Caucus to
    leave discussions about making changes to the rule for another time."
    https://ballotpedia.org/Verbatim_fac...in_Congress%3F

We do live in inarresting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That's a good reason to vote against it all by itself.
    +1
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Here's my prediction: No matter which way this goes down, people will use it as confirmation of their pre-formed beliefs of "what is really happening".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I called my Rep and they stated he is a solid NO vote on this bill. Rand said that Ryan would pull the bill if it didn't have the votes rather than suffer a massive public defeat.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I called my Rep and they stated he is a solid NO vote on this bill. Rand said that Ryan would pull the bill if it didn't have the votes rather than suffer a massive public defeat.
    Yeah but when he pulls the bill he's suffered almost as big a defeat. Not over till the fat lady sings. + Rep for calling your Critter!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If there's any next level gamesmanship going on here (which I doubt), we should know it when the CBO score comes out tonight. It would show that the revised AHCA would insure less people than a clean repeal of ACA. So they scrap the bill and fully repeal ACA, which is what they wanted all along.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Here's my prediction: No matter which way this goes down, people will use it as confirmation of their pre-formed beliefs of "what is really happening".
    You are really going out on a limb there.
    "The Patriarch"

Absolutely! Just like Obama's plan with Obamacare was to get rid of Nancy Pelosi as speaker!

She's not speaker anymore!

This explains why Trump threatened Mark Meadows to vote for the plan Trump is secretly against!

~Resident Badgiraffe

Absofuckinglutely.

You don't think they were talking about their golf game back when Trump was calling Rand a couple times a week back when all this started do you?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast