Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson Wants Driverless Secret Service Cars and a US-Led Gene Editing Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    And where pray tell is the authority for the war on drugs in the Constitution?
    That's kind of a random comment. Hear me: Gary Johnson is not a Libertarian or a libertarian. He is a statist and a utopian. He will not be able to take the oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, because he does not believe in the ideals and principles represented in it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That's kind of a random comment. Hear me: Gary Johnson is not a Libertarian or a libertarian. He is a statist and a utopian.
    Lol. Just skip right by your own statism. "random comment"
    "The Patriarch"

Lol. Just skip right by your own statism. "random comment"
    Keep it up, Junior. Johnson does not believe I have rights at all.
    #NashvilleStrong

That's kind of a random comment. Hear me: Gary Johnson is not a Libertarian or a libertarian. He is a statist and a utopian.
    And Trump is not a Libertarian or libertarian. He is a statist. And Hillary is not a Libertarian or a libertarian. She is a statist. You have been given a choice to pick one of three statists. Take the bait if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Keep it up, Junior. Johnson does not believe I have rights at all.
    You're on a roll aren't you dear? I highly doubt I am your junior. And if I am in years I'm not enough of one to not know why you're attacking Gary Johnson.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 08-21-2016 at 07:59 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

I have never said anyone was a liberty candidate except Darrell Castle. Go back and look. I don't post all that often.

Gary Johnson is not telling the truth when he claims to believe in personal liberty. The only liberties he believes in are his own. Everyone else can just be forced to do his bidding at the point of a gun.
    #NashvilleStrong

It could be said that doping is anti-moral. But this is not for the government to decide. That's a judgment left for the big Man.

I highly doubt I am your junior.
    Really? I know how to spell originalist, and I am one, which means I believe in the original intent of the Constitution, as Ron Paul does. I'm a fat little grandma. In any case, you are deluded if you think Gary Johnson is a liberty candidate, or if you think he is interested in the Constitution as Ron Paul is. Johnson is not a Libertarian, he is not the anti-war candidate, and he does not believe in liberty for all. He believes in using politics to get rich, and he won't care about you at all if he is ever elected to anything, unless your aim is for Johnson to get rich because of politics.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really? I know how to spell originalist, and I am one, which means I believe in the original intent of the Constitution, as Ron Paul does. I'm a fat little grandma. In any case, you are deluded if you think Gary Johnson is a liberty candidate, or if you think he is interested in the Constitution as Ron Paul is. Johnson is not a Libertarian, he is not the anti-war candidate, and he does not believe in liberty for all. He believes in using politics to get rich, and he won't care about you at all if he is ever elected to anything, unless your aim is for Johnson to get rich because of politics.
    Blarg, blarg, blarg.....

I'm a skinny old grandpa, and the name jab is always a indication the other poster has no point to make. Because I have been running that screen name since 2007 and by jove, I never realized that name wasn't a correct spelling of originalist. Boy, you sure got me there.

(got any pics you can send me?)
    "The Patriarch"

Blarg, blarg, blarg.....

I'm a skinny old grandpa, and the name jab is always a indication the other poster has no point to make. Because I have been running that screen name since 2007 and by jove, I never realized that name wasn't a correct spelling of originalist. Boy, you sure got me there.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Blarg, blarg, blarg.....

customer who drop-kicked cake charged

Do you feel the same about Hillary and Trump?

I have said very clearly that Hillary is a money wh*re. Trump is Trump being Trump.

The other thing I have said is that there is every chance Darrell Castle would appoint judges that would follow the Constitution. There is a pretty good chance Trump would appoint good judges. There is no chance at all Johnson or Clinton would do that.
    Last edited by euphemia; 08-22-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

I have said very clearly that Hillary is a money wh*re. Trump is Trump being Trump.
    Johnson's wrong on gay cakes...TRAITOR TO THE REPUBLIC WHO WANTS TO KILL US ALL AND FEED US TO THE CHINESE!

Trump's wrong on the Fed, the wars, spending, stimulus, bailouts, socialized medicine, the PATRIOT Act, etc, etc.....ah, boys will be boys.

At least other Trumpkins around here have the courage to admit that they're Trumpkins.

...though I can understand the motivation.

...nobody wants a big T carved in their forehead.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-22-2016 at 10:03 AM.

I'm not a Trump supporter. Despise Hillary. Strongly dislike Johnson, and it's for more reasons than just the cake thing. He is not a principled man, and he is in politics to make money. He wants liberty for some, but not for all. That's not liberty.

We don't yet know who will be on our ballot in November. There really isn't anyone besides Castle whose views I appreciate.
    Last edited by euphemia; 08-22-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

r3v, your guy is shooting himself in his collectivist foot as often as he can, that's no reason to lash out at me. I, and many others here have proven that the Libertarian Party has chosen very bad candidates this go around. They are not worth supporting. It's not enough that Johnson is someone else. The issue is that he does not believe in personal liberty in many ways, and he either self-contradicts, or Weld contraticts. Horrible ticket.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    r3v, your guy is shooting himself in his collectivist foot as often as he can, that's no reason to lash out at me. I, and many others here have proven that the Libertarian Party has chosen very bad candidates this go around. They are not worth supporting. It's not enough that Johnson is someone else. The issue is that he does not believe in personal liberty in many ways, and he either self-contradicts, or Weld contraticts. Horrible ticket.
    Yeah, I have no idea why one would want to send the LP the message that these are the types of candidates they should nominate if they want votes, you'll just get more of the same. I'll be voting for Castle or nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm not a geneticist (I presume neither are you?), but I don't see why not.

Certain diseases are known to have genetic causes.

We can manipulate genes.

....?

Was it arrogant to invent penicillin?

...not sure I follow your reasoning.

We've cured lots of diseases, but others might pop up, so we should stop trying to cure disease...

...why?
    Just because we can manipulate genes doesn't mean we should. It takes longer to approve medicine through the FDA for market than the time we've been manipulating genes with any real data on the subject.

Using penicillin is not manipulating genes. Stop comparing the two.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

The other question about human gene manipulation is, where do those genes come from? Maybe this explains why Johnson is so intent on preserving the abortion industrial complex.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Just because we can manipulate genes doesn't mean we should.
    Why shouldn't we?

I assume you're not a geneticist either, so I don't expect a technical answer.

Just describe to me the real-world negative consequences you expect to arise.

Just because we can manipulate genes doesn't mean we should. It takes longer to approve medicine through the FDA for market than the time we've been manipulating genes with any real data on the subject.

He does tend to flail about.
    "The Patriarch"

The other question about human gene manipulation is, where do those genes come from?
    O, I don't know, how about donated blood?

Why shouldn't we?

I assume you're not a geneticist either, so I don't expect a technical answer.

Just describe to me the real-world negative consequences you expect to arise.
    So you think the abortion industrial complex exists to provide a steady supply of human tissue for the purposes of experimentation?
    #NashvilleStrong

So you think the abortion industrial complex exists to provide a steady supply of human tissue for the purposes of experimentation?
    So you think aborted fetuses are the only source of human DNA?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you think aborted fetuses are the only source of human DNA?
    Not clever enough. You avoided the question to avoid the possible thought that your candidate is a gruesome man with no principles.
    #NashvilleStrong

Not clever enough. You avoided the question to avoid the possible thought that your candidate is a gruesome man with no principles.
    Personally, I don't care about abortion one way or the other.

But abortion is neither here nor there, since there's no indication that aborted fetuses are being or need to be used for this kind of research.

One does not (obviously) need aborted fetuses to obtain human DNA.

Do you have some kind of source for your hysterical accusations or are you just making things up?

Just because i can order a pizza through my cellphone at the push of a button while on the toilet doesn't mean I should.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I failed.

...was really looking forward to getting my tail and cloven hooves installed.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-22-2016 at 12:26 PM.

I failed.

...was really looking forward to getting my tail and cloven hooves installed.
    I saw on TV the other day someone had a chainsaw for an arm, I am sure they can do it, the government just doesn't let them.

Personally, I don't care about abortion one way or the other.
    You should care. You should care a lot. Abortion is one end of the spectrum. Withdrawal of care is the other end. Is that where you think the human genes should come from? You never did say.

And just to be clear: People who want to donate their bodies to science are certainly free to do so. I'm an organ donor. But aborted babies and the poor or homeless who have died should not be used. Remember the Planned Parenthood videos? Whatever else you want to say about them, that woman can't unsay what she said.
    #NashvilleStrong

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast