Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Trump Names Mick Mulvaney Acting Chief of Staff

BREAKING: Trump Names Mick Mulvaney Acting Chief of Staff

https://www.mediaite.com/online/brea...hief-of-staff/

So Criminal Justice Reform is now on the docket, cutting aid to Saudi Arabia, Economic Opportunity Zones, hemp legalization, the Weekly Standard shut down and now Trump just put the first Congressman to endorse Rand Paul's 2016 Presidential run as his Chief of Staff. Pretty good liberty week, imo.

Worth noting Mulvaney was arguably the most libertarian Congressman after Amash and Massie. And McCain voted against his confirmation as budget director because of Mulvaney's pushes to cut military spending. Mulvaney played a key role to get the Sequester cuts passed in the House.

Trump plays golf with Rand Paul, budget chief at Trump Golf Club in Virginia

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...p-golf-club-in
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-14-2018 at 04:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn. He was great at OMB! Here’s hoping he controls who gets access to POTUS!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Cautiously optimistic, this seems to be a good thing.

Possibly increased access to Trump for those with opposing views, or at least alternate strategies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Here is old Admiral McCain strongly speaking out against Mulvaney. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Let's hope this results in a lot of policy changes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well that's interesting. Reserving judgment for now of course, since for every half decent move the Trump admin makes, they quickly make a cringe-worthy move, but I do like the trend with more liberty-minded influence. Hopefully it's not just strategic bones to keep us quiet.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He is "acting" chief of staff so we still may be disappointed, I hope he gets the position permanently after Trump tries him out for awhile.

Mulvaney will be replaced as OMB director by Russell Vought, who is currently the agency's deputy director.
    Vought is a former vice president of the conservative Heritage Foundation, served as executive director of the Republican Study Committee -- the largest GOP caucus on Hill -- and served with Mike Pence at the House GOP Conference when Pence chaired the conference. His wife Mary is a former Pence communications director at the GOP conference as well.
    It took almost a year for successful Senate confirmation of Vought’s nomination, and Pence was there in the Senate chamber to break a 50-50 tie on Feb. 28, 2018.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-pick...223511873.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets see how this turns out.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Would this guy have been better than Meadows? Don't know much about him. All of the other names that have been floated have sounded absolutely terrible, including Kushner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Lets see how this turns out.
    Listen, if he's in this role and he has the ability to dictate the schedule of Trump's meetings?? We all know Trump is HIGHLY influenced by the last person he talks to...

Mulvaney just may be able to change the direction of the country like he did with the OMB.

(Yeah, I know... Ever the optometrist. )
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

$#@! it, I'm not even going to go there. Somebody wake me up if this translates into something concrete.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Listen, if he's in this role and he has the ability to dictate the schedule of Trump's meetings?? We all know Trump is HIGHLY influenced by the last person he talks to...

Mulvaney just may be able to change the direction of the country like he did with the OMB.
    (Yeah, I know... Ever the optometrist. )
    and to think, the day started with the horrible news rumor that he was considering Chris Christie for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    $#@! it, I'm not even going to go there. Somebody wake me up if this translates into something concrete.
    Oh come on... You don't want to play the game at least???

That Mulvaney, Rand, Massie and Amash are all working together in an elaborate plan to gain influence with Trump to get him out of the way so they can take over the leadership of the country? That McCain's death was the final obstacle removed in order to put their plan into action? That by orchestrating the loss of the House they ensured these investigations and increased the pressure on the right Congressmen to give Trump "the talk"?

Oh man, this could go all night! A conspiracy theory in our favor??!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    and to think, the day started with the horrible news rumor that he was considering Chris Christie for the position.
    Don't get too excited until the "acting" is removed from the title.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh come on... You don't want to play the game at least???

That Mulvaney, Rand, Massie and Amash are all working together in an elaborate plan to gain influence with Trump to get him out of the way so they can take over the leadership of the country? That McCain's death was the final obstacle removed in order to put their plan into action? That by orchestrating the loss of the House they ensured these investigations and increased the pressure on the right Congressmen to give Trump "the talk"?

Oh man, this could go all night! A conspiracy theory in our favor??!
    I'm way too busy, like I said wake me up if any of this fantasy actually happens.
    "The Patriarch"

A senior Trump administration official told reporters on Friday that the president had decided to give his new pick for chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, an interim title.The official spoke to reporters minutes after President Trump announced on Twitter that Mulvaney, his current budget director, would be the new “acting White House chief of staff.” Despite the “acting” designation, Mulvaney’s appointment is not limited in scope and will include all of the responsibilities of a position that is widely considered one of the most powerful in the White House, the official said.
    “There’s no time limit. He’s the acting chief of staff, which means he’s the chief of staff,” the official said. “He got picked because the president liked him. They get along.”
    The official also cited Mulvaney’s experience as a former congressman who “knows Capitol Hill” as a reason Trump chose him for the job, while also praising Mulvaney as “fiscally responsible.”

The official who discussed Mulvaney’s selection with reporters said Kelly was pleased with the decision.
    “The current chief is happy. The current chief is fine. The current chief will stay till the end of the year,” the official said.
    The official was pressed on why Mulvaney’s title was “acting chief of staff” and replied, “Because that’s what the president wants.”
    Another senior administration official then piped in to discuss the distinction.
    “We’ll see,” the other official said of the importance of the word “acting.” “It’s what the president wants right now, and if we have anything else we’ll let you know.”
    Both officials declined to speak on record.
    Trump has previously given a temporary title to another senior staffer who later was upgraded to a permanent position. In August 2017, the president’s longtime aide Hope Hicks was named interim communications director following the abrupt departure of Anthony Scaramucci. The White House announced that Hicks would have the position on a permanent basis the following month. Hicks held the communications director post for six months before resigning in February.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/mick-mulvaney...000107750.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don’t like anything lower than a 95%. 90% border lining, if not already, neocon.

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 83%

Score Breakdown:
    N/A (115th Congress: 2017-2018);
    87% (114th Congress: 2015-2016);
    80% (113th Congress: 2013-2014);
    80% (112th Congress: 2011-2012)

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=M001182

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I don’t like anything lower than a 95%. 90% border lining, if not already, neocon.

He represented a large military district in South Carolina and he actually had some influence on policy vs being a complete nobody casting protest votes. There is a degree of difficulty factor when you grade someone. And a quick glance shows 83 is like what 6th in the House?

You should alert Ron Paul that he has two neocons on his institute board

Walter Jones
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 81%

John Duncan
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 84%
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He represented a large military district in South Carolina and he actually had some influence on policy vs being a complete nobody casting protest votes. There is a degree of difficulty factor when you grade someone. And a quick glance shows 83 is like what 6th in the House?

You should alert Ron Paul that he has two neocons on his institute board

Walter Jones
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 81%

John Duncan
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 84%
    Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote that way, I’m only reporting the record.

Score Breakdown:
    N/A (115th Congress: 2017-2018);
    87% (114th Congress: 2015-2016);
    80% (113th Congress: 2013-2014);
    80% (112th Congress: 2011-2012)

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=M001182
    Anything over 80% is unusually good, I prefer those in the 90's myself but I won't cry over this appointment, Trump could have picked someone MUCH worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anything over 80% is unusually good, I prefer those in the 90's myself but I won't cry over this appointment, Trump could have picked someone MUCH worse.
    “We’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference” - Johnson ‘63.

Until the ‘We the People’ read and understand the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, abide by them, and demand the representatives to legislate according to them...

The primary effort I am engaged in, aside from getting my ass kicked in by gun forum folks and other brainless neocons, is posting bills, enacted and proposed, and state how they offend/reject the Bill of Rights. Those same folks who say they know and honor the Bill of Rights, even taking oaths to it, make every effort/excuse to set the Bill of Rights aside in order to praise the king. They refuse to contact their reps, because they are happy with current legislation, building the Berlin wall, sensible ‘republican’ gun control, Biometric ID because Trump (R) proposed it, and fully support repeal and replace obama’s-romney-care with a ‘republican’ version. They are good with ending welfare for “illegals”, but not ending it domestically for Americans.

So there ya go.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “We’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference” - Johnson ‘63.

Until the ‘We the People’ read and understand the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, abide by them, and demand the representatives to legislate according to them...

The primary effort I am engaged in, aside from getting my ass kicked in by gun forum folks and other brainless neocons, is posting bills, enacted and proposed, and state how they offend/reject the Bill of Rights. Those same folks who say they know and honor the Bill of Rights, even taking oaths to it, make every effort/excuse to set the Bill of Rights aside in order to praise the king. They refuse to contact their reps, because they are happy with current legislation, building the Berlin wall, sensible ‘republican’ gun control, Biometric ID because Trump (R) proposed it, and fully support repeal and replace obama’s-romney-care with a ‘republican’ version. They are good with ending welfare for “illegals”, but not ending it domestically for Americans.

So there ya go.
    PS: they feel they are right and I am wrong because their own majority outnumbers me. Which is why the liberty folks here should be over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

It's funny seeing people argue to either demonize Trump at all times or lionize him. Don't be so surprised at his actions. He is neither the Antichrist nor the Messiah. He is worse than Ron Paul but better than Hillary Clinton. In this Idiocracy that we live in Trump is probably the best we could realistically hope for. Today he will do something good. Tomorrow he will do something horrible. Meh. That's life.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It's funny seeing people argue to either demonize Trump at all times or lionize him. Don't be so surprised at his actions. He is neither the Antichrist nor the Messiah. He is worse than Ron Paul but better than Hillary Clinton. In this Idiocracy that we live in Trump is probably the best we could realistically hope for. Today he will do something good. Tomorrow he will do something horrible. Meh. That's life.
    The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

PS: they feel they are right and I am wrong because their own majority outnumbers me. Which is why the liberty folks here should be over there.
    Gun forums have long been infested with predev persona shill accounts. What you're experiencing is most likely led by rotating shill accounts. Just FYI.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to devil21 again.

Though, a couple of the folks are true liberty advocates. Thanks for the heads up, I’ve felt my time has pretty much expired, so perhaps on to other things, such as focusing more on my weekly meeting groups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast