Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Calls For "Immediate" Repeal Of Obamacare If Senate Deal Fails

Trump Calls For "Immediate" Repeal Of Obamacare If Senate Deal Fails

“If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!”...

The tweet is notable because it is the polar opposite of what Trump told Paul Ryan shortly after he won the election and shortly before Congress went into session, as Axios reminds us. And, more confusing, part of the reason why the House GOP leadership didn't run with a clean repeal vote, as they'd done many times under President Obama, was because Trump had made it clear to Ryan he wouldn't sign the bill.

DERP!
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-30-2017 at 06:35 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

well one thing the Republicans are showing is their inability to keep their promises....

Sounds great

Immediately and Later are diametrically opposed.

Next he will try an executive order and see if that works...
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Apparently, Rand was the last one in the room with him before he sent the tweet.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Exactly. You can thank Rand Paul for this tweet. He's been making the press rounds and this is all he has been saying. Glad POTUS listened.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Exactly. You can thank Rand Paul for this tweet. He's been making the press rounds and this is all he has been saying. Glad POTUS listened.
    Both Rand and Ben Sasse
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll vote for trump in 2020 if he gets rid of the stupid ass tax penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I'll vote for trump in 2020 if he gets rid of the stupid ass tax penalty.
    Tax reform week is next week.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/cong...al-not-n778501

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who has publicly been advocating starting the idea of starting with a full Obamacare repeal publicly for two weeks, quickly retweeted the president and added his support. Sasse has kept a low profile throughout the negotiations on health care, refusing to comment or publicly engage on the bill.

The idea was considered by Republican leaders at the beginning of this year when Trump took office but it was quickly dropped when they realized it would be too politically difficult to replace Obamacare outside the reconciliation process where the Senate would need the support of Democrats to pass a replacement.

Senate Republicans continue to discuss a way forward in the health care bill, considering changes to appear both moderates and conservatives to get the support of 50 of 52 Republicans
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Apparently, Rand was the last one in the room with him before he sent the tweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    It's the best negotiating strategy. The bleeding heart left will not deal until the full repeal has been done.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!”...
    This may be perhaps the most compelling verbal statement so far that could undo DGPcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It's the best negotiating strategy. The bleeding heart left will not deal until the full repeal has been done.
    They need an excuse to negotiate with the "radical" alt-what-have-you-right. Well, we had no choice, they repealed the bill!

Don't know if I can hold my breath much longer.

Well about $#@!ing time.

Good news.

Watch the feckless, spineless, worthless GOP establishment crimp and fold on this one as well.

+rep for Rand and Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well about $#@!ing time.

Good news.

Watch the feckless, spineless, worthless GOP establishment crimp and fold on this one as well.

+rep for Rand and Trump
    It will be an even harder sell than whatever it was they were trying to pass this week, but it's good it's being talked about as a realistic option.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Both Rand and Ben Sasse
    My early pick for the next GOP president / vp ticket.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Rand is winning.
    Obummer care will crash and burn soon, then if not sooner they will have to do this.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lan/103249346/

Just 12% of Americans support the Senate Republican health care plan, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds, amid a roiling debate over whether the GOP will deliver on its signature promise to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

In the survey, taken Saturday through Tuesday, a 53% majority say Congress should either leave the law known as Obamacare alone or work to fix its problems while keeping its framework intact.

But the dilemma for the GOP is this: Eight in 10 Republicans support repeal, and close to a third say the law should be repealed even if a replacement health care plan isn't ready yet. Just 11% of independents and 2% of Democrats feel that way.

The divide between the demands of the GOP base and the skepticism of the broader electorate helps explain why Senate Republican leaders have been forced to delay a vote as they scramble for the 50 votes needed to pass a measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    [url]meaningless crap[/IMG]
    Y'know, Zippy... If you poll Americans, most of them will say they want huge tax cuts for the middle class, free health care, free education, and to "kill the terrorists wherever they are".

In other words, you shouldn't put too much emphasis on polling - that's why we don't have a democracy. It's supposed to stop people from killing themselves with collective stupidity. Hasn't really worked, yet.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Y'know, Zippy... If you poll Americans, most of them will say they want huge tax cuts for the middle class, free health care, free education, and to "kill the terrorists wherever they are".

In other words, you shouldn't put too much emphasis on polling - that's why we don't have a democracy. It's supposed to stop people from killing themselves with collective stupidity. Hasn't really worked, yet.
    Polls do influence what Congress does. They like to be re-elected.

He can't get enough Republicans to vote for the current proposal because it reduces spending by too much, and yet he thinks that he's going to be able pass something different that reduces spending even more? How? With what votes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

There is no option that simply reads Repeal Obamacare. That is a skewed polled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I think that got 14%
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think that got 14%
    Well, that option says "Repeal Obamacare even if replacement isn't ready." Sort of implies a replacement is impending. I can see however, that an implication does not necessarily mean action, but I think they are still slick with the wording.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You clearly do not understand how polling works.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has rejected President Donald Trump's advice to nix the GOP's complex health care proposal in favor of a bill that would simply get rid of "Obamacare" once and for all.McConnell told reporters after an event Friday in his home state of Kentucky that the Republican health care bill remains challenging but "we are going to stick with that path" in response to a question about the president's tweet. Former President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law in 2010, and Republicans have been trying to get rid of it ever since.
    Earlier in the day, Trump tweeted that if Republicans could not reach a consensus they "should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!" Several Republican senators have signed on to Trump's strategy, including Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.
    But McConnell showed no interest in that strategy, telling a gathering of Republicans in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, that "failure has to be possible or you can't have success."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/health-ca...002131618.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Both Rand and Ben Sasse
    Sasse is a neocon cuck scumbag. Rand would be shot dead within 24 hours of being sworn in if he were stupid enough to put somebody like that on his ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Sasse is a neocon cuck scumbag. Rand would be shot dead within 24 hours of being sworn in if he were stupid enough to put somebody like that on his ticket.
    LOL I forgot he said ungood things about President Snowflake and triggered all the MAGAheads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast