Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 2,251 to 2,277 of 2277

Thread: **Official** Trayvon Martin thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Traces of THC were found in Treyvon's system, but that could have been from some time before.
    I don't see why any deal should be made against Trayvon for having THC in his system. Can someone explain to me why there should be?

If anything, it should go to Trayvon's favor, because pot is a "pacifist" drug and logically, he'd be less likely to attack or fight back while stoned.

I agree with Trayvon's family's attorney on this one, this is just another despicable attempt to slander Trayvon's character and to somehow justify his murder.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2 View Post
    I also don't think it matters whether Martin was smoking blunts or not. That makes people less violent, if anything. The Zimmerman people using that as an issue seem to not know what they are talking about.
    They are only "using" it to refute the line put out by the Martin family- namely that Zimmerman thought Martin looked suspicious only because he was black, not because, as he says flat out in his call to the police while the incident is occurring, that Martin looks suspicious and appears to be on drugs or something. It's pretty rich for the Martin Family's race hustling shysters to now claim this is all an "irrelevancy" and "attempted smear" after they were the ones who originally brought the matter to the fore in their own merciless slandering of Zimmerman's character over a period of weeks. Martin's lawyers were able to con the media in to reporting a number of lies about this case, which is the only reason Zimmerman was arrested in the first place. Zimmerman's camp has a big job ahead of them in terms of overcoming all the MSM propaganda surrounding the case.

The autopsy report which indicated the THC levels also said they were too low to have had any sort of impairment effect on Treyvon.
    An autopsy by the Volusia County Medical Examiner on Martin's body found that the teenager was killed by a shot to the heart and that traces of THC -- or tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana -- were found in Martin's blood, though below the level that medical studies indicate would have caused "performance impairment."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Shellie Zimmerman Arrested: George Zimmerman's Wife Charged With Perjury

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1591153.html

The article comments are sickening. He certainly cannot hold a job while in jail so I see nothing wrong with them paying their bills with the donations. If it was not for the defense fund they would be broke. So I really do not see the point how it is perjury.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The article comments are sickening. He certainly cannot hold a job while in jail so I see nothing wrong with them paying their bills with the donations. If it was not for the defense fund they would be broke. So I really do not see the point how it is perjury.
    Because they lied about it. That's perjury.

Seems pretty straightforward.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

George Zimmerman accused of molestation by female relative:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86F0YV20120716

Reuters) - A female relative accused George Zimmerman, charged in the murder of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, of sexually molesting her from age 6 to 16, according to new documents made public on Monday by prosecutors.

The female relative's name and exact relationship to Zimmerman was deleted from an audio tape version of her witness statement that was released to the media. Identified only as 'Witness #9' she would be aged about 27 now.

A spokesman for Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara told Reuters the defense team was preparing a response to the molestation allegations to post on its website later this afternoon and had no immediate comment.

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth R. Lester ordered the document released under Florida's public records law.

O'Mara made an unsuccessful 11th hour attempt on Monday to stop the public release of the woman's statement, filing a motion barely four minutes before prosecutors' scheduled release of the audio recording which went ahead as planned.

O'Mara filed a motion on Friday requesting that the judge recuse himself from the case, arguing that Lester has displayed a dislike for his client, and that Zimmerman no longer thinks he will give him a fair trial.

O'Mara also sought to seal about 130 of Zimmerman's jailhouse phone calls which were also released on Monday.

Part of the woman's statement was released last week in which she told investigators in a separate recorded statement that Zimmerman's family was known to be racist, but she did not recall any specific statement or act by Zimmerman to illustrate the point.

It is not clear why prosecutors released the molestation allegation, or whether they plan to use it in court if Zimmerman goes on trial. Zimmerman is accused of second-degree murder in the February 26 shooting death of Martin. He claims he shot the 17-year-old in self-defense.

The woman told investigators during a taped interview that the last time Zimmerman molested her she was 16 and Zimmerman, a new high school graduate at the time aged about 18, was temporarily living alone in a house his parents had just purchased in Lake Mary, Florida.

Asked why she waited until March 20 of this year to tell her story to law enforcement, the woman said, "This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him ... he can't get to me."

The woman described Zimmerman molesting her during annual family get-togethers and trips.

The woman said she finally told her parents in 2005 when she was 20. She said her parents called Zimmerman to a meeting at a pizza restaurant in Lake Mary.

"Instead of talking about it, all he did was come in the room, come in the restaurant, he sat down on the end of the booth and he said 'I'm sorry' and just got up and walked out ... my parents, their jaws dropped," the woman said.

She said her mother discouraged her from taking further action at the time, saying it would be his word against hers, and she would wind up in jail.

(Editing by David Adams)
    I might be inclined to a rare agreement with Dannno in this situation.
    Last edited by Kluge; 07-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

Hat tip to @Danke

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

George Zimmerman Suing Trayvon Martin’s family, attorneys, prosecutor

Dec 4, 2019
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-100-million/

BARTOW, Fla. (AP) — Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin, is suing the teen’s parents, family attorney, the attorney’s book publisher and prosecutors who tried his case, claiming he was defamed when they allowed a witness to give false testimony in an attempt to incriminate him.

Zimmerman’s lawsuit, filed Wednesday, said a trial witness pretended to be the last person to talk to Martin by phone before he was killed when the witness was actually the half-sister of the caller.

According to the lawsuit, Brittany Diamond Eugene didn’t want to testify that she had been talking to Martin before he was killed. So her half-sister, Rachel Jeantel, pretended that she was talking to the teen before he was fatally shot. Jeantel ended up testifying at Zimmerman’s 2013 trial in Sanford, Florida...

...In a statement on Wednesday, Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump called the allegations “unfounded and reckless.”...

...Zimmerman’s lawyer in the lawsuit, Larry Klayman, was planning news conference in South Florida on Thursday to discuss the complaint. The lawsuit, filed in a central Florida county where Zimmerman is now living, seeks $100 million for allegations of malicious prosecution and conspiracy.

Klayman had planned to screen a film by conservative filmmaker Joel Gilbert detailing the allegations in the lawsuit. But the venue, Coral Gables Art Cinema, tweeted Wednesday that it was canceling the rental arrangement, saying it had been unaware of the details.

Klayman is a conservative activist who founded the watchdog group, Judicial Watch.

Last July, an ethics committee of the bar in the District of Columbia recommended that Klayman’s law license be suspended for more than two years.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...or-100-million

Lol. Look at this Wikipedia entry for Klayman.

Larry Elliot Klayman (born July 20, 1951) is an American right-wing[1][2] conspiracy theorist, racist lawyer[3][4] and former U.S. Justice Department prosecutor.[5] He is the founder of self-styled watchdog groups Judicial Watch[6] and Freedom Watch.[7]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman
    Edited last by an anonymous user 1 hour ago. Every liberal personality of course has their page locked so only certain people can edit those pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post

Edited last by an anonymous user 1 hour ago. Every liberal personality of course has their page locked so only certain people can edit those pages.
    No bias there!

I saw an ABC news clip on the lawsuit. No mention at all of why Zimmerman was suing. Just a blatant attack on Zimmerman and his lawyer.

It seems pretty obvious that the prosecution substituted another witness unless that family has two sisters named Diamond Eugene.

Fake link (noting the"m")? Doesn't look like a Wiki page either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman

Fake link (noting the"m")? Doesn't look like a Wiki page either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman
    Probably sent from a mobile device, hence the m.

Looks the same otherwise.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Probably sent from a mobile device, hence the m.

Looks the same otherwise.
    Thanks. Either way, I don't see the words he quotes. Somebody could make an edit and claim to have discovered the edit. Looks like it was corrected almost immediately. According to the edit history, it was only up for a minute on December 5th. He could not have seen it an hour after it was done.

Edit made 22:32 on December 5th via mobile. Reverted 22:33 on that same date. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...action=history

Same person did it twice. First time it was up for ten minutes.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-14-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks. Either way, I don't see the words he quotes. Somebody could make an edit and claim to have discovered the edit. Looks like it was corrected almost immediately. According to the edit history, it was only up for a minute on December 5th. He could not have seen it an hour after it was done.

Edit made 22:32 on December 5th via mobile. Reverted 22:33 on that same date. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...action=history

Same person did it twice. First time it was up for ten minutes.
    That's because it was posted on December 4th, not the 5th. Here is a link to the edited page I was quoting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=929307668

Looks like it was up for 3 hour and 25 minutes.

My more important point was that if he was a liberal, anonymous users wouldn't be able to edit his page.
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 12-14-2019 at 04:08 PM.

That's because it was posted on December 4th, not the 5th. Here is a link to the edited page I was quoting:

My more important point was that if he was a liberal, anonymous users wouldn't be able to edit his page.
    Wikipedia is heavily controlled by both CIA and FBI IP’s
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It'll be interesting to see how this trial plays out. Hopefully it'll be a real trial, not that fake trial the Nazi guy got last year for running over someone after having his car attacked. I think it'll be a real trial since Zimmerman hired a real lawyer. That Nazi guy had a court appointed fake lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The last line of the article:

No it is not, based on the facts so far presented.

Self defense with deadly force is not justified, legally, if you provoke or prolong or instigate an altercation that otherwise would not have happened had you not done so.

"Stand your ground" laws do not change that.
    Yup.

@jmdrake
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The last line of the article:

No it is not, based on the facts so far presented.

Self defense with deadly force is not justified, legally, if you provoke or prolong or instigate an altercation that otherwise would not have happened had you not done so.

"Stand your ground" laws do not change that.
    Disagree.

You are allowed to walk around your neighborhood. If you see a suspicious person, that doesn't mean you suddenly lose the right to walk around your neighborhood.

According to Zimmerman, he was just walking along when Trayvon came up behind him and sucker punched him from behind.

Walking around isn't instigating, I don't care if you happen to be watching a suspicious person. Had Zimmerman said something to him in a threatening manner, like "Hey n-word, we don't like your kind around here, you betta git!" and then brandished a weapon or something, then ya, I think what you said would likely apply.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-02-2023 at 04:01 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Disagree.

You are allowed to walk around your neighborhood. If you see a suspicious person, that doesn't mean you suddenly lose the right to walk around your neighborhood.

According to Zimmerman, he was just walking along when Trayvon came up behind him and sucker punched him from behind.

Walking around isn't instigating, I don't care if you happen to be watching a suspicious person. Had Zimmerman said something to him in a threatening manner, like "Hey n-word, we don't like your kind around here, you betta git!" and then brandished a weapon or something, then ya, I think what you said would likely apply.
    * sigh * If you're following someone repeatedly in that person's own neighborhood (remember, it wasn't just Zimmerman's neighborhood), that can constitute the crime of stalking.

See: https://m.flsenate.gov/Statutes/784.048

"(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

I don't know if the stalking statute was raised in the trial. Zimmerman could have raised the "lawful purpose" defense.

"(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose."

Of course the prosecution could have argued back that the police telling Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that" meant he had no legitimate purpose. And Zimmerman's defenders would say that doesn't matter. He had a legitimate purpose regardless.

That said, the "repeatedly follows" part of the statute does not have a "legitimate purpose" exception. So the question would be what constitutes "willful and malicious" in this case. Willful is undeniable. Malicious is arguable.

That said, it went to a jury of Zimmerman's peers and Zimmerman was acquitted. George Zimmerman was an ass before killing Trayvon Martin. (His judge daddy got him off after he assaulted an undercover cop). George Zimmerman was an ass after killing Trayvon Martin. (Multiple arrests for assault). And his lawyer was scum. (Arrested for trying to intimidate a 9 year old alleged rape victim to change her testimony).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    * sigh * If you're following someone repeatedly in that person's own neighborhood (remember, it wasn't just Zimmerman's neighborhood), that can constitute the crime of stalking.

See: https://m.flsenate.gov/Statutes/784.048

"(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

I don't know if the stalking statute was raised in the trial. Zimmerman could have raised the "lawful purpose" defense.

"(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose."

Of course the prosecution could have argued back that the police telling Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that" meant he had no legitimate purpose. And Zimmerman's defenders would say that doesn't matter. He had a legitimate purpose regardless.

That said, the "repeatedly follows" part of the statute does not have a "legitimate purpose" exception. So the question would be what constitutes "willful and malicious" in this case. Willful is undeniable. Malicious is arguable.

That said, it went to a jury of Zimmerman's peers and Zimmerman was acquitted. George Zimmerman was an ass before killing Trayvon Martin. (His judge daddy got him off after he assaulted an undercover cop). George Zimmerman was an ass after killing Trayvon Martin. (Multiple arrests for assault). And his lawyer was scum. (Arrested for trying to intimidate a 9 year old alleged rape victim to change her testimony).
    Repeatedly means more than once. This was one time... even then, I disagree this is stalking.

You will never convince me, in a billion years, that if there is a suspicious person in my neighborhood I, or anybody else, cannot walk around and see what's going on. That is not what stalking is.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Repeatedly means more than once. This was one time... even then, I disagree this is stalking.
    It was multiple times. That came up in the trial and Zimmerman actually used that in his defense to argue from Facebook Trayvon's Facebook posts that he was planning to jump the "creepy guy" that was following him around.

You will never convince me, in a billion years, that if there is a suspicious person in my neighborhood I, or anybody else, cannot walk around and see what's going on. That is not what stalking is.
    I wouldn't try to convince you. I'd try to elicit that response from you in jury selection and have you struck for cause.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

It was multiple times. That came up in the trial and Zimmerman actually used that in his defense to argue from Facebook Trayvon's Facebook posts that he was planning to jump the "creepy guy" that was following him around.

I wouldn't try to convince you. I'd try to elicit that response from you in jury selection and have you struck for cause.
    Did they also use the facebook posts with Trayvon's previous jewelry heists in the trial? I would bet money Trayvon was the person robbing people in the neighborhood.

Zimmerman literally saw a guy who steals from people walking around his neighborhood, it sounds to me like his sense of who this guy was, was working perfectly. Nothing to do with his skin color, Zimmerman didn't even know he was black. He said he thought he might be black.. but more importantly, how a person dresses and carries themselves can tell you a lot.

I visit a 55+ community on occasion and stay there. I take walks around the neighborhood. If one of the neighbors was suspicious of me and I saw them following me around, I would go talk to them.. like a normal $#@!ing person. He had a right to be there, but from what I recall he was not a permanent resident, more like an occasional visitor. It is completely normal for people in the neighborhood to be suspicious of him, and they were right to be suspicious of him.. he's a $#@!ing criminal.

Trayvon acted exactly like a criminal would act, he did exactly what a criminal would do and Zimmerman did an excellent job protecting his community. I'm extremely glad the jury disagreed with you.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-02-2023 at 07:18 PM.

Did they also use the facebook posts with Trayvon's previous jewelry heists in the trial? I would bet money Trayvon was the person robbing people in the neighborhood.
    Speculation. It was never argued at trial that Trayvon was a thief. And you didn't even know there were multiple times that Zimmerman was following Trayvon so you're probably just making that up anyway.

Speculation. It was never argued at trial that Trayvon was a thief. And you didn't even know there were multiple times that Zimmerman was following Trayvon so you're probably just making that up anyway.
    This happened 11 years ago...

I saw the photo of a stack of jewelry, but can't find it now.

There is this tho

SANFORD, Fla. — A Florida police department says women’s jewelry found in Trayvon Martin’s school backpack last year didn’t match any that had been reported stolen.

The Miami Herald obtained a Miami-Dade Schools Police Department report that showed the slain teenager was suspended in October for writing obscene graffiti on a door at his high school.

The report says that during a search of his backpack, security officers found jewelry and a screwdriver that they felt could be a burglary tool. Martin told them a friend had given him the jewelry, but wouldn’t say who.
    I'm not even saying that this is admissible in court necessarily, just saying that it appears Zimmerman was a pretty good judge of character.

This happened 11 years ago...

I saw the photo of a stack of jewelry, but can't find it now.

There is this tho

I'm not even saying that this is admissible in court necessarily, just saying that it appears Zimmerman was a pretty good judge of character.
    Zimmerman himself was not of good character as shown by his pre and post Trayvon arrest record.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576