Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawyer Explains ABSURDITY of Trump Impeachment Hearings Day 1

Lawyer Explains ABSURDITY of Trump Impeachment Hearings Day 1

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's hard to have testimony from people with direct involvement when we're all collectively pretending that the executive branch has a magical and non-constitutional immunity to oversight and subpoena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's hard to have testimony from people with direct involvement when we're all collectively pretending that the executive branch has a magical and non-constitutional immunity to oversight and subpoena.

Quid pro Joe

Fires the prosecutor investigating Hunter's company who had given him over $3 million in payments.

Trump wants to investigate that.

What's wrong?

I would want to impeach Trump if he didn't want to investigate that, and covered it up.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump continues to insist that he was only concerned about corruption in the Ukraine- yet in neither of the phone conversations released (another one was put out today) does he even mention "corruption". But "Biden" comes up several times in the July phone call.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/15/77849...with-zelenskiy

White House Releases Rough Transcript Of Trump's First Call With Zelenskiy

President Trump on Friday released the rough transcript of a brief, 16-minute congratulatory conversation he had on April 21 with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, timed to coincide with the beginning of the second day of open hearings in the House impeachment inquiry.

It's the second such transcript released by the White House. In September, Trump released the rough transcript of his July 25 phone call with Zelenskiy, which is at the heart of the Democrats' impeachment push. The White House has said releasing the transcripts shows Trump had nothing to hide.

The rough transcript of the April 21 call differs significantly from the way the White House had initially described the conversation on the day that it happened.

"President Trump underscored the unwavering support of the United States for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity – within its internationally recognized borders – and expressed his commitment to work together with President-elect Zelenskyy and the Ukrainian people to implement reforms that strengthen democracy, increase prosperity, and root out corruption," the press statement said.

But in the rough transcript, Trump mentions neither U.S. support for Ukraine in its fight over territory with Russia, nor Ukraine's effort to address corruption.
    Zelenskiy invited Trump to attend his inauguration and to visit his country to see it for himself. Trump said he would be sure to send "a great representative" to the event.

And then Trump invited Zelenskiy to the White House, an invitation Trump still hasn't followed through on. "When you're settled in and ready, I'd like to invite you to the White House," Trump said, according to the rough transcript. We'll have a lot of things to talk about, but we're with you all the way."

Actually setting a date for that White House meeting would become a central thread in what witnesses have described as a pressure campaign by Trump and his allies to get Zelenskiy to launch investigations that would benefit Trump politically. During the July call, Trump asked Zelenskiy to look into former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter and a debunked conspiracy theory about the 2016 election.

Those investigations were never launched, and Zelenskiy still hasn't gotten his Oval Office meeting, although Ukraine's leader did meet with Trump at the United Nations General Assembly in late September.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump continues to insist that he was only concerned about corruption in the Ukraine- yet in neither of the phone conversations released (another one was put out today) does he even mention "corruption". But "Biden" comes up several times in the July phone call.

Biden was a case of corruption, an obvious one that if they ignored would prove they didn't care about corruption
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you really still living in this delusion?

Jesus, TDS is a true mental illness.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Biden was a case of corruption, an obvious one that if they ignored would prove they didn't care about corruption
    If he is concerned about corruption, why did he not inquire about any other possibilities besides Biden? Biden is the only one he was interested in.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There is NO mention of Biden and NOTHING wrong was said.

There was no pressure campaign.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If he is concerned about corruption, why did he not inquire about any other possibilities besides Biden? Biden is the only one he was interested in.
    He can't ask about everything in one phone call and he has an entire DoJ and State Department to pursue things with.

And he DID ask about something else, the Ukrainian interference in 2016 and the Crowdstrike connection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That is the one released today- from a call in April. The Biden call occurred in July and was released previously. Trump had said he discussed corruption in the Ukraine on this call but as the post you shared shows, he did not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ky/2567105001/

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump released a rough transcript Friday of his first conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and was quickly confronted with questions about why it departed from an initial description of that April conversation.

Absent from the call was any discussion of corruption in Ukraine, which Trump and his allies have said was at the heart of the president's requests for investigations. A brief summary of the same call released by the White House in April claimed Trump "expressed his commitment" to strengthen democracy and "root out corruption."
    None of that is in the transcript of the call released today despite claims it did.

(But both are "memorandums" and not full, direct transcripts

"The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room duty officers and [National Security Council] policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place," ).

You can read a transcript of the "Biden" call here: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ident-n1058581
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-15-2019 at 06:59 PM.

That is the one released today- from a call in April. The Biden call occurred in July and was released previously. Trump had said he discussed corruption in the Ukraine on this call but as the post you shared shows, he did not. (But both are "memorandums" and not full, direct transcripts).

You can read a transcript of the "Biden" call here: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ident-n1058581
    The other transcript has already been discussed, there was nothing wrong with it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The other transcript has already been discussed, there was nothing wrong with it.
    According to Trump.

According to Trump.
    According to anyone with a brain.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quid pro Joe

Fires the prosecutor investigating Hunter's company who had given him over $3 million in payments.

Trump wants to investigate that.

What's wrong?

I would want to impeach Trump if he didn't want to investigate that, and covered it up.
    I prefer white cheddar to regular cheddar.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I prefer white cheddar to regular cheddar.
    Whataboutism is a retarded argument in this case, because Trump was investigating corruption plain and simple.

You wanna get rid of Trump, why not attack him on a legitimate issue?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Whataboutism is a retarded argument in this case, because Trump was investigating corruption plain and simple.

You wanna get rid of Trump, why not attack him on a legitimate issue?
    Goat meat is tougher, though. You'll have to cook it longer.
    Pinochet is the model

That's a tremendous transcript, just really fantastic how incredible it is. Thanks for sharing, just really inspiring how great it is
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ummmm.....what? The people there testifying were there on subpoena. Did you even watch the video?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And ^this is why I don't rely on NPR for news anymore. If Joe Biden stopped an investigation looking into a company that was paying his son $50,000 per month, that is evidence of corruption affecting the Ukrainian government. My only problem is, that's the only corruption regarding the Ukrainian government Trump raised. Even looking into the Crowdstrike server had nothing to do with the Ukrainian government.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmm.....what? The people there testifying were there on subpoena. Did you even watch the video?
    Yes, they were.

What about all of the people that congress "can't" subpoena because of "executive privilege?"
    Pinochet is the model

Umm... do have anything else because NPR is not a reliable source.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yes, they were.

What about all of the people that congress "can't" subpoena because of "executive privilege?"
    Obama pulled more Executive Privileges but I guess you forgot that. Example: Fast & Furious investigation.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Umm... do have anything else because NPR is not a reliable source.
    How about Fox? Though they aren't that reliable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...d-the-document
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-16-2019 at 12:24 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama pulled more Executive Privileges but I guess you forgot that. Example: Fast & Furious investigation.
    Who the $#@! cares? Are you a toddler? "But Timmy did it too" has nothing to do with whether executive privilege should exist.
    Pinochet is the model

Who the $#@! cares? Are you a toddler? "But Timmy did it too" has nothing to do with whether executive privilege should exist.
    Just pointing out that I do not recall you lambasting Obama for his egregious executive privileges the way you have over Trump. Granted you think executive privilege should not exist but it has been there for a very long time and sometimes the good-guys have to use it to correct the wrongs.

How about Fox? Though they aren't that reliable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...d-the-document
    So post something reliable then.

Granted you think executive privilege should not exist but it has been there for a very long time and sometimes the good-guys have to use it to correct the wrongs.
    Swordsmyth, is that you? Get off of donnay's account.

Do you think that executive privilege should exist?

Just pointing out that I do not recall you lambasting Obama for his egregious executive privileges the way you have over Trump.
    Sounds legit.
    Pinochet is the model

So post something reliable then.
    Actually though it is Fox, it isn't an article but the White House released memorandum of the phone call. It is OK to read that. (assuming one trusts the White House- it is not a literal transcription of the actual conversation but was written from notes later and it has since been learned that some parts were left out). Trump expresses concern about Biden but does not mention Ukrainian corruption at all. Trump has claimed that it is corruption he was concerned about- not dirt on a political opponent. He also criticizes the US Ambassador who was actually trying to crack down on corruption in the Ukraine (he had her removed).

Does anybody here actually have an argument against the OP's posted video stating how absurd the impeachment hearings were?

Just curious.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast