Thread: GOP 2020 hopefull Bill Weld: Recent budget added $7.9 trillion to the deficit

Thumbs down GOP 2020 hopefull Bill Weld: Recent budget added $7.9 trillion to the deficit

This is not good:

William Weld says Trump's inaction on deficit, climate change will hurt millennials the most

5/13/2019

Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld (R) warned in an interview that aired Monday on "Rising" that millennials will have to pay the price for what he said was President Trump's lack of action on the growing deficit and climate change.
    "We've had 2 1/2 years almost to see what he does, and I, for one, don't think it's a pretty picture," Weld, who is the only GOP challenger to Trump in the 2020 presidential primary so far, told Hill.TV hosts Saagar Enjeti and Krystal Ball last week.
    "Part of what's not pretty is that the president has seen spending go up, or gone right along with spending going up, to the tune of a trillion-dollar deficit every year," Weld said. "His most recent budget added $7.9 trillion to the deficit. Admittedly, it was a multiyear budget, but it gets us up to $30 trillion of deficit."

"I think that raises a big issue of fairness because you know who's going to pay for that? The millennials, you guys," he added. "My generation's not going to pay for that, and the burden is going to fall on you all."

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/44...on-millennials

If like gay marriage/LGBt rights issue, public opinion showed a major shift on climate change issue , MAGA may need to reverse his position and go back to his previous position on Climate Change to attract liberal democrat younger voters ( especially if some alienated conservatives of GOA/Coulter/Tucker supporters etc stayed home) in case of a GOP primary challenge.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

The weld push is pathetic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Granted it's not as admirable as MAGA's big gummit spending and deficit/debt balooning while spending tens of thousands of dollars on elective military escalations abroad. But it can't be as bad as respected neoconservative Adelson funded Push for Bolton/Pompeo/MAGA.

Hopefully at somepoint you'll have something substantial to add to this discussion also.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Granted it's not as admirable as MAGA's big gummit spending and deficit/debt balooning while spending tens of thousands of dollars on elective military escalations abroad. But it can't be as bad as respected neoconservative Adelson funded Push for Bolton/Pompeo/MAGA.
    Weld will not be an improvement over Trump in any way, he will not do any of the things he criticizes Trump for failing to do and he will do all of the things he criticizes him for doing.

Weld would be much worse than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Hopefully at somepoint you'll have something substantial to add to this discussion also.
    I doubt it, Weld is too much of a joke to be dealt with seriously.

Tell your bosses they are wasting their money.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

@enhanced_deficit logic : TDS is ruining my mental health but Bill Weld will definitely save the day.

Make America WELD Again

MAWA!
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-19-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    @enhanced_deficit logic : TDS is ruining my mental health but Bill Weld will definitely save the day.

Make America WELD Again

MAWA!
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Climate change and weld are bunk , so is weld or bernie or biden doing anything with debt . So there you have it .
    Do something Danke

Weld cant even correctly distinguish between deficit (=expenses exceeding revenues) and debt (=current liabilities).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The deficit would get bigger under his presidency as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge