Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump plans on taking a pace lap at the Daytona 500 with the presidential limo.

Exclamation Trump plans on taking a pace lap at the Daytona 500 with the presidential limo.

Trump plans to take 'The Beast' for a lap at Daytona 500

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...at-daytona-500

by Tim Pearce | February 14, 2020 10:32 PM

President Trump is planning on taking the presidential limo, known as "The Beast," for a ride at the Daytona 500.

The White House is working with NASCAR officials for Trump to do a lap on the Daytona track in Florida to start off the racing season on Sunday, sources told Fox News White House correspondent John Roberts, who said the plan is "not 100%" as the logistics are still being worked out.

SCOOP: Multiple Sources tell @foxNews that @realDonaldTrump is planning to take a lap at the @DISupdates Daytona International Speedway in the “Beast” presidential limo ahead of the Daytona 500. It’s not 100%, but that is the plan at the moment.
    — John Roberts (@johnrobertsFox) February 15, 2020

Trump plans to attend the Daytona 500, which marks the start to NASCAR’s 2020 season, on his way back to Washington, D.C., after a weekend at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. A Trump campaign adviser leaked plans for the stop earlier in the week.

"It’s the base," a Trump campaign adviser said. "God-fearing, country-loving Americans."

NASCAR welcomed the president’s visit and named him the grand marshal of Sunday’s race, making Trump the first sitting president to hold the honor.

"Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting Presidents of the United States over our history," Daytona International Speedway President Chip Wile said in a statement. "We’re honored that the President of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race’ by attending Sunday’s 62nd annual Daytona 500."

"The Beast," which looks like a Cadillac XT6 sedan, is the president’s armored car. It weighs close to 10 tons and costs roughly $1.5 million. It comes with safety features to protect the president from a wide range of threats, including terrorism or an assassination attempt. The car carries a variety of medical supplies, including a fridge stocked with Trump’s blood type.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grand Marshal of the Daytona 500 . LOL . Yes it is the base .
    Do something Danke

America dies with the savory aroma of fried chicken served from a Dale Jr. bucket.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"The Beast" is a great nickname to give the presidential limo.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's happening, he's pacing the race.

Bernie to respond!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1229144025569124353

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/704Livin/status/1229144025569124353

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh my God the Progs are gonna be apoplectic over this. They will excoriate the "mouth breathing, knuckle draggers" that they believe Nascar fans to be and further cement the divide.

Great job Trump!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Awesome! But, I'll bet the pot that POTUS was not on THAT AirForce One. That was still a great optic. Trumps a smart one when it comes to self promotion.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1229190846161051649

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Oh my God the Progs are gonna be apoplectic over this. They will excoriate the "mouth breathing, knuckle draggers" that they believe Nascar fans to be and further cement the divide.

Great job Trump!

NYT’s Reporter Blasts Trump for Using ‘The Beast’ at Daytona for Apparent ‘Political Event’

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...litical-event/

Dylan Gwinn16 Feb 202029
    1:05

There were no shortage of reactions on social media Sunday as President Trump led the field on a pace lap in the presidential limo, aka “The Beast.”

However, one reaction from a media member read more like a legal charge against the president, than a mere observation.

Maggie Haberman, a reporter for the New York Times, captioned a tweet showing the president’s limo on the track and cited Trump for using the “apparatus of government” for a “what appears to be a political event.”

Using the official apparatus of government for what appears to be a political event https://t.co/GWNm8io8O1

— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) February 16, 2020

Haberman’s observation was not a winner with Twitter users.

To be blunt, get a life, Maggie. Obama went to a #MarchMadness game and that was fine. Relax. I know the #Daytona500 is the opposite of what The Times represents readership-wise, but chill.

— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) February 16, 2020

He is celebrating an American event with Americans. It’s great for the country. Very unifying.

Just take a breath. #NASCAR ❤️������

— Steph (@steph93065) February 16, 2020

You are embarrassing, just embarrassing. #Journalism ��#Daytona500

— KK Berd -Text TRUMP to 88022 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@keny_berd) February 16, 2020

Shocking!

a sitting President showing up at a spectator event!!

and actually taking part in the opening ceremony!!!

Another norm destroyed … or something. pic.twitter.com/cuYrt7O035

— Cruadin (@cruadin) February 16, 2020

pic.twitter.com/SeBabzKOO6

— S. Harp (@SHarp56_) February 16, 2020

https://t.co/yY7nT7N93r pic.twitter.com/aw7DZJ1kDB

— James Poulos (@jamespoulos) February 16, 2020

Ah $#@!, better impeach him again. https://t.co/zS2pQprzcS

— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) February 16, 2020

Of course, the Daytona 500 is the Great American Race, and not a “political event.” The president’s limo, “The Beast,” is also Trump’s designated vehicle to use while serving as president. Not sure exactly what vehicle Haberman thinks the president should have used, not sure anyone cares what she thinks either.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    NYT’s Reporter Blasts Trump for Using ‘The Beast’ at Daytona for Apparent ‘Political Event’

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...litical-event/

Dylan Gwinn16 Feb 202029
    1:05

There were no shortage of reactions on social media Sunday as President Trump led the field on a pace lap in the presidential limo, aka “The Beast.”

However, one reaction from a media member read more like a legal charge against the president, than a mere observation.

Maggie Haberman, a reporter for the New York Times, captioned a tweet showing the president’s limo on the track and cited Trump for using the “apparatus of government” for a “what appears to be a political event.”

Using the official apparatus of government for what appears to be a political event https://t.co/GWNm8io8O1

Haberman’s observation was not a winner with Twitter users.

To be blunt, get a life, Maggie. Obama went to a #MarchMadness game and that was fine. Relax. I know the #Daytona500 is the opposite of what The Times represents readership-wise, but chill.

— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) February 16, 2020

He is celebrating an American event with Americans. It’s great for the country. Very unifying.

Just take a breath. #NASCAR ❤️������

— Steph (@steph93065) February 16, 2020

You are embarrassing, just embarrassing. #Journalism ��#Daytona500

— KK Berd -Text TRUMP to 88022 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@keny_berd) February 16, 2020

Shocking!

a sitting President showing up at a spectator event!!

and actually taking part in the opening ceremony!!!

Another norm destroyed … or something. pic.twitter.com/cuYrt7O035

— Cruadin (@cruadin) February 16, 2020

pic.twitter.com/SeBabzKOO6

— S. Harp (@SHarp56_) February 16, 2020

https://t.co/yY7nT7N93r pic.twitter.com/aw7DZJ1kDB

— James Poulos (@jamespoulos) February 16, 2020

Ah $#@!, better impeach him again. https://t.co/zS2pQprzcS

— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) February 16, 2020

Of course, the Daytona 500 is the Great American Race, and not a “political event.” The president’s limo, “The Beast,” is also Trump’s designated vehicle to use while serving as president. Not sure exactly what vehicle Haberman thinks the president should have used, not sure anyone cares what she thinks either.
    I'd like to say "I called it!" but, it was so inevitable, much like the rising of the sun.

I hope the Daytona 500 makes a donation against the debt in excess of the costs associated with this . That is how you leave leftists in the dirt . They never want to pay for anything .
    Do something Danke

Bernie to respond!

Thumbs up

I did all of my flight training right there, and I have to admit, that is pretty badass!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I did all of my flight training right there, and I have to admit, that is pretty badass!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

View from on board:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Great job Trump!

Media, Pundits Triggered by Trump’s ‘Taxpayer Funded’ Daytona Lap in ‘The Beast’

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-in-the-beast/

Dyfl;an Gwinn16 Feb 20207,176
    2:1 4

T he collapse of the Russian and Ukrainian impeachment hoaxes has left a huge void to fill in the left’s ceaseless war on the will of the American voter.

Though, on Sunday, liberal pundits and journalists averted their longing gaze from Eastern Europe and focused on something far closer to home, to satisfy their need for evidence of Trumpian evil: The president’s car.

The presidential limousine, known to many as “The Beast,” led the field of drivers on a pace lap at the Daytona 500. The scene was unlike any other we’ve scene in previous Daytona races, as the president rode in his official vehicle and led the more than 40 drivers around the track.

However, several members of the mainstream media were less than enthralled with the intermingling of presidential power with the Great American Race.

NBC White House Correspondent Kelly O’Donnell noted that the trip to Daytona was an “official White House event.” Meaning, that the president’s appearance and trip around the track in “The Beast,” was paid for by the “taxpayers.”

This was an official White House event therefore paid by taxpayers as @realDonaldTrump @FLOTUS attended Daytona 500 today and “The Beast” limo ran a pace car lap around the track. pic.twitter.com/xb0QdBYEEI

— Kelly O'Donnell (@KellyO) February 16, 2020

However, most of the taxpayers who responded to O’Donnell’s tweet, seemed to have no problem with the presidential trip around the track.

And America loved it.

— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) February 16, 2020

Great. Love it. Showing the flag, just as at the Super Bowl.

(NOTE: unlike Zero, he ain't in Hawaii every week)

— Larry Schweikart (@LarrySchweikart) February 16, 2020

Garbage like this is likely why you get the hand. pic.twitter.com/dr6ZWuRfux

— Alisa Allen (@AlisaAl47676195) February 16, 2020

Former Democratic Congresswoman Katie Hill seemed to have trouble knowing what to do with the abundance of emotions that President Trump’s trip in “The Beast” had stirred up.

At a restaurant. Trump and a motorcade at the Daytona 500 comes on the TV. I literally don’t know whether to laugh or cry or scream or just sigh. All. We’re gonna go with all.

— Katie Hill (@KatieHill4CA) February 16, 2020

Several Twitter users offered encouragement for Hill and her emotional conundrum.

If history is any indication, you’re perfectly capable of doing three things at once. https://t.co/YYlGlWzS3g

— Jesse Kelly (@JesseKellyDC) February 16, 2020

The amount of glee it gives me that Katie Hill is upset by this is probably unhealthy, but I don't care. Triggered liberals are hysterical. https://t.co/emBPVT4MXT

— Chicks On The Right (@chicksonright) February 17, 2020

You will get used to it. 4 more years coming soon.

— Terry Waldrop (@TerryWaldrop) February 17, 2020

I hope you managed to survive a Trump showing up on TV. It must have been incredibly difficult.

— MICHELLE (@Ummmmichelle) February 16, 2020

And of course, who could forget New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman, who sounded like she was preparing a legal charge against the president for his lap around the track.

Others opined as well:

“Trump had no public events listed on the presidential schedule for Sunday.

The reason why no other president has taken a lap in the presidential limo at Daytona before is that it is illegal.

Donald Trump didn’t make history on Sunday.

He broke another law.” https://t.co/qIwtxp6K66

— Sarah Reese Jones (@PoliticusSarah) February 16, 2020

Did taxpayers just pay for Air Force One to do a flyover and deposit Trump to be driven around in his limousine – and all the Secret Service this stunt must have entailed? #DAYTONA500

— Amy Siskind ��️*�� (@Amy_Siskind) February 17, 2020

Your Grifter Daddy blew another $3 Million of our Tax Dollars today, having Air Force One fly around the race track during his campaign event.

And he just cut more Food Stamps from Americans, including Children & the Elderly.

November can't come soon enough to get rid of Trump!

— Maureen Antonio (@santamonicamoe) February 16, 2020

Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) knew that sharing video of Trump in “The Beast” might trigger a bout of Trump Derangement Syndrome, and he was right.

The presidential limo is not owned by Trump. It is owned by the taxpayers. Trump went to the Daytona 500 as part of his presidential election campaign. It wasn’t an official presidential event.

— AlanG (@A_l_a_n__G) February 16, 2020

@realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER @realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER @realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER @realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER @realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER @realDonaldTrump HAS BEEN IMPEACHED FOREVER

— Ellen Gottke (@elgo610) February 16, 2020

The Daytona 500 is of course, the Great American Race, not a “political event.” However, the president will soon depart for a swing through the Western states of Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado. Those will be political events, Air Force 1 and “The Beast” will also make the trip.

C'mon where is the witty catch phrase by the TDS media calling President Trump a "lap-dog" for his appearance?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    View from on board:

He should have done this...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

All that excitement and the race didn't even finish. Postponed to today due to rain. At least they had their halftime entertainment.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/daytona...ng-rain-delays

Daytona 500 postponed to Monday afternoon following rain delays

NASCAR officials postponed the Daytona 500 to Monday afternoon, following a series of rain delays shortly after President Trump appeared at the race, told drivers to start their engines and rode a ceremonial parade lap in his presidential limousine, "The Beast," on Sunday.

The race will resume Monday at 4 p.m. ET, officials said.

The postponement came after two lengthy delays totaling over three hours. The first delay came moments after Trump's motorcade completed a ceremonial parade lap around the 2 1/2-mile track.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    All that excitement and the race didn't even finish. Postponed to today due to rain. At least they had their halftime entertainment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1581961003611.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	804.6 KB 
ID:	7465
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

It needed to be postponed until Trump day.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast