Thread: 'Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess' ; Pentagon makes a shocking admission

Post 'Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess' ; Pentagon makes a shocking admission

Couple of MSM news/views that do not cast a positive light on former Prez Obama.
    In the past, liberal progressive section of media has mostly painted a flattering picture of Obama but there has also been harsh sporadic criticism (he was famously called 'war criminal' & 'hypocrite of the century' in Irish Parliament, 'a puppet of bankers' by his former pastor Rev Jeremiah Wright, 'Founding Father of ISIS' by Trump, 'Uncle Tom' and other disrespectful names in social media following execution of unarmed black mother Miriam Carey by elite cops outside Obama White House).

Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess, says former US special ops general

Tori Richards
    August 17, 2021

Throughout the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle and the Taliban's rapid takeover, one person has been strangely silent: former President Barack Obama.

Former Brig. Gen. Don Bolduc, who spent nearly six years as special operations commander in Afghanistan, believes the onetime leader of the free world has not commented because he doesn't want blowback for the catastrophic blunder he helped create.

“I’ve been contacted by guys who are over there. It’s described as a s***show,” Bolduc told the Washington Examiner. “They are trying to get as many people out as possible. The Air Force is literally taking off with a minimal amount of gas to fly and refueled in the air, God bless them.”

Bolduc did 10 tours of duty in Afghanistan after 9/11. He received five bronze stars and two purple hearts before retiring in 2017. He is now running for the Senate in New Hampshire.
    news.yahoo.com/obama-architect-afghanistan-mess-says-224200040.html

'The Five' reacts to Biden's botched drone strike

Sep 17, 2021
    "President Biden's Afghanistan nightmare just got worse. The Pentagon making a shocking admission today saying that the August drone strike in Kabul killed 10 civilians including 7 children."

Kennedy: "This is the Obama drone policy that is happening again. This is how you create terrorists. Shoot first, aim later doesn't work here. This is absolutely horrific. This is why there are so many people in the military , especially special operators, who are opposed to drone strikes in general but specifically these kinds that really miss the mark. I'm glad you played General Milley and Jen Psaki because those two propagandists need to resign. They are doing the devil's work. They are doing so much harm to this country by trying to make this ok. They have lied to us on Afghanistan for 20 years. They thought they could continue to do so."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-PbrIf_MY

Related

'You've Created Hundreds Of New Terrorists': Rand Paul Grills Blinken On Afghanistan Drone Strikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_30in0A-H28

Epic Video: Obama called "war criminal" & "hypocrite of the century" in Irish Parliament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wh2wA_BDk

Barack Obama Has Been One of the Worst Ex-Presidents Ever
    By Liza Featherstone
    The distinguished memoirist was too busy planning a ginormous sixtieth birthday party for himself on his vast and vulgar Martha’s Vineyard estate, a sprawling 6,892-foot tumor on a beautifully spare coastal landscape, which the Obamas bought in 2019 for $11.75 million.
    jacobinmag.com/2021/08/barack-obama-worst-ex-president-wealth-birthday-covid-public-interest

While You Were Debating Obama’s ‘Selfie,’ U.S. Drones Killed 13+ Yemen Wedding Guests

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch

Obama Years: A Violent Chapter in World History

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...-15droneC1.png

"Every Time I Think About Those Kids It Gets Me Mad"

Pastor Wright: Obama a puppet of bankers

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One drone strike on Biden watch (that killed 10 civilians) has got more scrutiny, transparency and condemnation in US media than all the thousands of drone strikes combined on Obama watch that killed thousands of civilians and children.

What is driving this stark shift in attitudes?

'God bless partisan politics'... or recent social justice campaigns ('Me Too' following Jeffrey Epstein and Harvey Weinstein takedown, BLM following Miriam Carey and George Floyd killings) or something else...

Historians will have their work cut out for them:

"It was a mistake" 10 civilians, 7 children KILLED in US drone strike

Sep 17, 2021

Drone gangsta gonna gangsta. If you really want to know why Obama got a pass from liberals that biden might not I'll point out the obvious . Both are career politicians who never had a real job , no real experience , which one looks like an old white guy ?
    Do something Danke

Twenty years ago: War started by Republican Administration.

The last five years: Republican candidate/president constantly promises to stop it, but apparently doesn't even lay the groundwork for withdrawal. His successor pulls out anyway, making a hash out of it.

The Hill's t00bers: That guy in the middle, who neither started it nor even mentioned ending it, was The Architect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Drone gangsta gonna gangsta. If you really want to know why Obama got a pass from liberals that biden might not I'll point out the obvious . Both are career politicians who never had a real job , no real experience , which one looks like an old white guy ?
    Biden's Peace credential also seem lacking relatively since he never won a Nobel Peace Prize.

While observation about Biden being 'an old white guy' may be factual, is the suggestion here that Obama got a pass from liberals over his alleged war crimes and Afghan war bungling because he was of 'mixed race'?

Had read some unproven theories previously about deep neocon lobbies' plays during Iraq, Syria, Libya, Gaza interventions of recruiting and grooming weak, politically orhpan minorities (Jamaican heritage Colin 'I'm not reading this. This is bull$hit' Powell, Kamala Harris, Latino-American Marco 'need to dig in for a fight in Iraq' Rubio, Rafael Ted 'boots on the ground in Syria' Cruz, Condi 'Iraq war birthing pains' Rice etc) to use them to push US taxpayers funded global wars. But this at best could be one of the multilple factors and media liberals role seems to be part of a bigger more complex media-politics nexus story.

Gwyneth Paltrow gives Obama groan-inducing introduction at fundraiser at her home | Daily Mail
    The Delaware Libertarian

Gwyneth Paltrow 'a crucial source' in Harvey Weinstein revelations

Harvey Weinstein Says Oprah Called to Support Him

Camera trickery behind Obama and Oprah's latest interview | Daily Mail

Un-Related

‘You Will Not Pin This $#@! on Me!’ Kamala Harris Refused to Face US as Afghanistan Falls
    KH appears to be beta material like Obama.
    But the way deep state in the past has abused treated high profile minority rising stars like Colin Powell (Powell and Harris' dads came from same country incidentally) ahead of Iraqi freedom war and 'Nobel Peace Prize winner' Obama ahead of Syria/Libya/mideast destabilization projects & bloodbaths, can't blame KH for being extra careful in trying to manage her reputation (even though Biden will very likely come out looking a winner on this foreign policy decision).

"I'm not reading this. This is bull$hit."
    May 31, 2003
    US Secretary of State Colin Powell was under persistent pressure from the Pentagon and White House to include questionable intelligence in his report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction he delivered at the United Nations last February, source: US News and World Report. According to the report, the draft contained such questionable material that Powell lost his temper, throwing several pages in the air and declaring, "I'm not reading this. This is bull$hit."

Colin Powell is so sad he can't erase 'blot' on his reputation
    “Yes, a blot, a failure will always be attached to me and my UN presentation,” the former U.S. secretary of state writes in a new book of leadership parables that draws frequently on his Iraq war experience. “I am mad mostly at myself for not having smelled the problem. My instincts failed me.” Powell, 75, laments that no intelligence officials had the “courage” to warn that he was given false information that Iraq had such weapons during preparations for his February 2003 speech before the U.S. invasion the following month.
    We've been hearing this crap from the guy for seven years now.

Colin Powell's Disgraceful Lies

February 18, 2011
    consortiumnews.com/2011/021811a.html

theguardian.com/world/2003/jun/02/usa.iraq

If deep state funding fathers are genuinely thinking about going 'woke' in the aftermath of recent social justice movements (Lives Matter/MeToo/Prison Reform/Bathrooms etc) and media narratives are not just lip service, in future pressuring and using of 'people of color' for pushing some of the dirtiest lies for greed/racially motivated wars justification and other illconceived adventures has got to stop. But that's topic for another day

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess, says former US special ops general[/SIZE]
    Because the Invasion under Bush was so much better.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

The last five years: Republican candidate/president constantly promises to stop it, but apparently doesn't even lay the groundwork for withdrawal. His successor pulls out anyway, making a hash out of it.

The Hill's t00bers: That guy in the middle, who neither started it nor even mentioned ending it, was The Architect!
    EM
    Putting aside partisan/tribal aspects (that also play a role no doubt) for a moment, in this particular case 'the guy in the middle' is being called architect of the "Afghanistan mess" and not of the entire 20 years Afghan policy. It is undisputed that largest troops surges/war escalation, deaths of highest number of US troops, civilians, children (and creation of largest number of terrorists) took place on his watch.

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch

If he was being pressured behind the scenes, he should have taken Congress/public into confidence instead of being a compliant puppet of deep neecons pushing lies based global interventions. He could still do that following the example of Colin Powell who to his credit tried to set the record straight few years after launch of Iraqi freedom war blunder.

Trump made it pretty clear to the Taliban that they would adhere to our withdrawal demands or face Hellfire. After the stolen election Biden saw the Taliban taking over the country, and instead of checking the spread, told Ghani to downplay it. TDS all you want, but Trump was pulling them out, and would have done so without the chaos and loss of American lives.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    TDS all you want, but Trump was pulling them out, and would have done so without the chaos and loss of American lives.
    TDS all you want.

All I know is what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Starts at 21 minutes 10 seconds:

Haven't heard an explanation of that yet.

#youcantseparatetrumpandpelosiwithoutacrowbar
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Is former President Barack Obama a war criminal that should be tried at the Hague? - GirlsAskGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Obama is architect of Afghanistan mess, says former US special ops general[/SIZE]

Because the Invasion under Bush was so much better.

These are subjective opinions mostly based on media reports and Nobel Peace Prize factor may have also colored some opinions; until some judicious entity (not ICC) takes account of last 20 years wars policies and actors role, a fully accurate comparison may remain elusive. But some educated guesses can be made based on what is in public domain, see post above.

TDS all you want.

All I know is what actually happened.
    A stolen election led to a weak president and the Taliban took the initiative. That's what happened. Did you really believe when Ron said "We marched in, and we can just march out" that any withdrawal would be that easy? Not even Ron believed that. It's a slogan. A good one. But, withdrawing from a combat zone is just as dangerous as entering one if it is not done correctly. And it wasn't done correctly under a weak president like Biden.

These are subjective opinions mostly based on media reports and Nobel Peace Prize factor may have also colored some opinions;
    That puppet has not been relevant in ten years.

Joint Chiefs remain. The same ones that went gleefully into ,and repeatedly refused attempts to remove them,, are the same ones responsible for the "withdrawal".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A stolen election...
    Uh huh. Trump woulda done what he shoulda if he coulda.

Except he coulda. But how did he actually spend the one term he did have?

Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Uh huh. Trump woulda done what he shoulda if he coulda.

Except he coulda. But how did he actually spend the one term he did have?

Energy independence, low unemployment, hitting the Chinese with tariffs that leveled the playing field from their pumping and dumping, a Southern border that didn't have 200,000 third world South Americans and Haitians streaming through per month. There's a few other things. But, I'm sure I'm wasting my time typing out his positive policy decisions.

You certainly wasted your time typing "low unemployment", unless making me laugh was your intent all along.

As for that level playing field you imagined you saw...

https://libertystreeteconomics.newyo...rade-conflict/

Oil imports declined during his lockdown. Gee willikers.

And illegals stayed away, too. How do you know? Did you count them? Did anyone? I thought they sneaked in. That isn't how they avoided getting caught?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2021 at 04:29 PM.

You certainly wasted your time typing "low unemployment", unless making me laugh was your intent all along.

As for that level playing field you imagined you saw...

https://libertystreeteconomics.newyo...rade-conflict/

Oil imports declined during his lockdown. Gee willikers.

And illegals stayed away, too. How do you know? Did you count them? Did anyone? I thought they sneaked in. That isn't how they avoided getting caught?
    Keep doing your pole dance.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this what we're down to?

Thank you, I will. Meanwhile, you keep doing you.

Is this what we're down to?

Thank you, I will. Meanwhile, you keep doing you.

Yup. Guess that where we are at. TDS is a hell of a thing. It causes me to not take individuals stricken with it serious.

Said Ron Paul...never.

Said Ron Paul...never.
    So what did he say? As I recall, it boiled down to, if this is the best the voters can do, it's going to burn.

So either you don't take Ron Paul serious either, or you said "let it burn" by voting for Trump.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2021 at 05:11 PM.

So what did he say? As I recall, it boiled down to, if this is the best the voters can do, it's going to burn.

So either you don't take Ron Paul serious either, or you said "let it burn" by voting for Trump.
    Unlike you I don't have TDS. Trump was better than Hillary and better than Biden. I get the feeling you would rather Biden win another term than Trump getting re-elected. Because you certainly post more Trump hate than you do Biden hate even though Trump is no longer POTUS. So, the current Admin. must be peachy king with your 'Let it all burn' ideals. Collapsitarian's are just dip$#@!'s to me. Have no understanding of the implication and fall out.

But the U.S. was already attacking Afghanistan while Obama was...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=obama+and+...&t=ffsb&ia=web
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Lesser evil you don't hate on Chester the Molester enough yer either with us or yer with the demoncrats I can't spell "keen" and wouldn't know when not to use an apostrophe if you shoved every extraneous one up my ass blargh blargh blargh.

Here's your lesser evil in action: "Let Nancy Pelosi trash the Constitution or I'm gonna come for you."

With lesser evils like that...

Seriously. What was the Wicked Witch of the West going to do that was worse than conspiring with Nancy Pelosi to suspend the Constitution indefinitely? Send armed thugs in to remove Massie from the chamber? At least if she had, you might have given a $#@!.

Gawd damn.. I never had a kitten in my life that I had to rub their nose in their own $#@! this many times.

Fallout. The fallout has been falling since well before January. Now they're dying at warp speed. How dare you tell me I don't care about fallout? SMGDH
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-19-2021 at 06:13 PM.

That's a nice AMD-65 there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    That's a nice AMD-65 there.
    I think on the old days the cubans used them in Angola. It would be heavy but I guess I'd just hump 10 of the 75 round drum mags around for it instead of 30 of the 20 round mags.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-19-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure I'm wasting my time typing out his positive policy decisions.
    Did those things actually happen or are they memes?

For example:
    hitting the Chinese with tariffs that leveled the playing field from their pumping and dumping
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

On the topic of the thread itself, it's curious how certain people seem to have a four-year-long memory hole about things like... drone strikes. Bush did drone strikes, Obama did drone strikes, and now Biden is doing drone strikes. And in between... nothing. An empty void.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    On the topic of the thread itself, it's curious how certain people seem to have a four-year-long memory hole about things like... drone strikes. Bush did drone strikes, Obama did drone strikes, and now Biden is doing drone strikes. And in between... nothing. An empty void.
    Trump Escalates Killer Drone War And No One Seems To Care

The Trump administration has significantly increased the tempo of drone strikes in a number of countries, and it has relaxed the rules governing the targeting of these strikes. The result has been an increased number of civilian casualties with even less accountability than before and no redress for the innocent people caught in the middle of our endless wars.

The U.S. government restricts the information that is publicly available about these attacks, and that in turn ensures that there is very little public scrutiny or criticism of an open-ended military campaign. To make matters worse, the additional strikes seem to have done nothing to reduce the activities of Al-Shabaab, and instead the threat posed by the group is greater than before.

The drone war in Somalia is just one part of this campaign, and it exemplifies what is wrong with the open-ended “war on terror.” Like the other wars he inherited, President Trump has significantly escalated it. Through the end of 2019, there had already been 148 U.S. strikes launched in Somalia since Trump took office. In just the first half of 2020, there have been as many U.S. drone strikes in Somalia (40) as there were between 2007 and 2016. In less than three and a half years, Trump has more than quadrupled the number of attacks in Somalia ordered by his last two predecessors.

Continue:

https://www.theamericanconservative....seems-to-care/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Sorry to disappoint but nobody is gonna top obama expansion and drone strikes. Sometimes ya gotta give credit where it is due.
    Do something Danke

This perhaps best sums up the criterion used for thousands of drone strikes during past 20 years with vast majority of drone attacks taking place under the watch of so called "war criminal, hypocrite of the century' :

Quote:

US military investigating Kabul drone strike

Questions swirl about strike the U.S. military says prevented an attack in Kabul

September 14, 2021

Days after the drone strike Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had labeled the strike as "righteous" because it had followed protocols intended to prevent civilian casualties.
    "We had very good intelligence that ISIS-K was preparing a specific-type vehicle at a specific-type location," Milley said at a Pentagon briefing on Sept. 1.
    Days after the drone strike Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had labeled the strike as "righteous" because it had followed protocols intended to prevent civilian casualties.
    "We had very good intelligence that ISIS-K was preparing a specific-type vehicle at a specific-type location," Milley said at a Pentagon briefing on Sept. 1.
    "We monitored that through various means, and all of the engagement criteria were being met," said Milley. "We went through the same level of rigor that we've done for years, and we took a strike."
    "Because there were secondary explosions, there's a reasonable conclusion to be made that there was explosives in that vehicle," said Milley.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-m...ry?id=79991451

Related

Is there anything SWC Obama has touched and did not go bad?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Is it being implied here that all four Prez are equally responsible for failed policy behind 20 years of Afghan war & Obama was unfairly singled out as 'war criminal' & 'hypocrite of the century' ?

There may have been reporting clamp down during Trump Presidency but war effort was also scaled down after initial surge (much smaller surge compared to Obama's) and so called 'Afghan Peace Deal of the Century' was also made on Trump watch to give credit where due.
    Bush would take the lead when it comes to Iraq war mess, Obama would own Afghan war mess more than any other Prez.