Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1143

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    TY, Suz.

The photo is hard to see because the shrink wrap reflects the light but I made deodorant, face cream, peppermint lip balm, arnica cream, an antibiotic salve, magnesium oil spray and I made some rose hip syrup and black elderberry syrup. I also mix some Orange spice tea with orange rind, and cinnamon.
    HA! I figured out the deodorant and I guessed on the magnesium spray because I make it and put it in a bottle just like that. I got them off of amazon. I also made some lavender spray for my sheets. I would've never guessed the other stuff. If you're looking for something to add to your recipes, try making a sugar, coffee, and coconut oil scrub. It's easy and wonderful. I put mine in a mini mason jar with a plastic lid. Probably not the best thing to keep by the tub but it was what I had. Also, the scented Epsom salts are great and easy to make. I do lavender for everyday and eucalyptus for when I have a cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    HA! I figured out the deodorant and I guessed on the magnesium spray because I make it and put it in a bottle just like that. I got them off of amazon. I also made some lavender spray for my sheets. I would've never guessed the other stuff. If you're looking for something to add to your recipes, try making a sugar, coffee, and coconut oil scrub. It's easy and wonderful. I put mine in a mini mason jar with a plastic lid. Probably not the best thing to keep by the tub but it was what I had. Also, the scented Epsom salts are great and easy to make. I do lavender for everyday and eucalyptus for when I have a cold.
    That face scrub sounds great! Thanks. I may give it a try tomorrow.

I made some scented Epsom salts with Rosemary and Spearmint essential oils and The Three Kings (My made up version) scented with Frankensense, Myrrh EOs and Turmeric tincture.

ETA: Oh and Kmart had Christopher Radko ornaments for $9.00 (I have some that are $150.00 on my tree these were a bargain!) so I bought them for the baskets too. That is what is in the middle that says 2016.
    Last edited by donnay; 12-14-2016 at 12:38 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

That face scrub sounds great! Thanks. I may give it a try tomorrow.

I made some scented Epsom salts with Rosemary and Spearmint essential oils and The Three Kings (My made up version) scented with Frankensense, Myrrh EOs and Turmeric tincture.
    The scrub is great but it's for body only. It's too rough for your face but it smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling baby soft (caffeine helps with cellulite) but it makes you want a coffee.

The Three Kings is a great idea! How smart!

ETA: Oh and Kmart had Christopher Radko ornaments for $9.00 (I have some that are $150.00 on my tree these were a bargain!) so I bought them for the baskets too. That is what is in the middle that says 2016.
    I love Radko ornaments. I have one for 2000 of Santa on a rocket ship.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christopher-Radko-2000-Santa-Rocket-Ornament-_57.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	5465
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

HERo

Woman modifies fridge to dispense chilled wine

MANCHESTER, England - A woman in England has made a household appliance that many people might wish exists.

She said she was able to figure out a way to make the water dispenser in her refrigerator pour chilled wine instead of H2o, "The Today Show" reported.

Clare Potts didn't need any fancy tools or other gadgets to make the plan a reality.

She told "Today" that all she had to do was pour the wine directly into the water dispenser.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-n...wine/476158629

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm getting one! 14 bucks on amazon!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I'm getting one! 14 bucks on amazon!
    That's brilliant! My son would love one. I might get him one for his birthday because I've already spent too much on his Christmas.

Well, I posted all my craft stuff on our local buy/sell/trade FB group and judging by the comments, there are a lot of craft collectors like me out there, lol. I've gotta get this crap out of my garage.

What an awesome retro bar cart!

What an awesome retro bar cart!

Memories like hanging with my Grandparents .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Memories like hanging with my Grandparents .
    My Granny let me drink, too.

I've been hanging out at Pinterest and saw this terrifying idea. I'm so gonna do this next Halloween. Lotta bang for your buck - some Dollar Tree snakes painted black.

My Granny let me drink, too.

I've been hanging out at Pinterest and saw this terrifying idea. I'm so gonna do this next Halloween. Lotta bang for your buck - some Dollar Tree snakes painted black.

Nice.
    I like that for an everyday mat.
    Keep the solicitors away.
    They don't seem to pay attention to our signs telling them to go away.

Today , I picked up a new plastic sled . I use them to drag stuff around in the woods . I had to give about 17 for it . It is long enough but I wish I could have found one a little wider and deeper but I can make it work . Maybe Danke has one in the shed or Hangar , he will not miss it until he goes ice fishing , I could probably borrow his too .
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wreath to match the doormat...

Okay, I FINALLY got a new (to me) sofa last night and I think I got a GREAT deal. YAY!!

My kids broke the arm on my sofa and it looked really ghetto. Mr Animal tried fixing it a few times but every time someone sat on the couch, it would flop back over. Anyway, he's been on me to get a new one but everything I like was insanely expensive for a home where teenage boys woller all over every thing. I decided to keep my eyes open at thrift stores and in my online buy/sell/trade groups and my patience paid off. I got this sofa and chair for 200.00 AND I ended up buying a nice table and chair set (6 chairs and the table is the perfect size) for my sun room for 150.00.

Here's the sofa and chair. I'll takes pics of the table and chairs when I get them set up.

Two hundred frickin' dollars for all three pieces! (sofa, chair, and ottoman) *pats self on back*

I've been scouring Pinterest for a hack to hide Mr Animal's stereo equipment and gigantic speakers. He absolutely refuses to let them go. He likes to brag about how he went into Hi Fi Buys, gave them 3 grand and told them he wanted his ears to bleed. We're the only people I know who still have these damn things. The guy next door calls our house Club Mr Animal because when you come in through the kitchen, you see the booze cart sitting next to the club speakers.

I typed that ^^^ earlier today and I solved my problem. I bought him a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers and some new outdoor speakers for Christmas. I'm going to tell him that he can stick his big ass speakers in the attic until we're empty nesters and then he can set up Club Mr Animal again. It's a win/win. He gets new speakers and I don't have to look at those monstrosities anymore. It would be different if he used them a lot but he rarely ever even uses them.

Oh, and the duel tape deck is going in the attic, too.

I've been on Pinterest way too much lately. Mr Animal threatened to turn off the internet when he caught me collecting toilet paper roll for a project.

I tried to show him how nice it could look - can you believe that's made with frickin' toilet paper rolls!?!?! But he was adamant about not wanting toilet paper art in our house. I was thinking about doing something for the bathroom.

I was measuring his stereo components for my Ikea hack and I just realized he has 4 cd changers. I asked him what was up with that and he told me I kept buying them for him for Christmas. I totally don't remember that but it sounds about right.

I've been on Pinterest way too much lately. Mr Animal threatened to turn off the internet when he caught me collecting toilet paper roll for a project.

I tried to show him how nice it could look - can you believe that's made with frickin' toilet paper rolls!?!?! But he was adamant about not wanting toilet paper art in our house. I was thinking about doing something for the bathroom.

I stuff my toilet paper and paper towel rolls with leaves and twiggs and use them to start a fire in my wood stove

That's brilliant! My son would love one. I might get him one for his birthday because I've already spent too much on his Christmas.
    Just tried it! Made CA rolls, and spicy shrimp rolls. Works well, but you really need to use a lot of rice, and have a very sharp knife. My first one fell apart, but it was still tasty!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TY, Suz.

The photo is hard to see because the shrink wrap reflects the light but I made deodorant, face cream, peppermint lip balm, arnica cream, an antibiotic salve, magnesium oil spray and I made some rose hip syrup and black elderberry syrup. I also mix some Orange spice tea with orange rind, and cinnamon.
    They turned out very nice and well received.

I am using the deodorant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They turned out very nice and well received.

I am using the deodorant now.
    Your wife gave you deodorant for Christmas? Is that some kind of hint?

Your wife gave you deodorant for Christmas? Is that some kind of hint?
    YES! To stop using the one loaded with aluminum.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

YES! To stop using the one loaded with aluminum.
    I bought one of those salt rocks and Mr Animal loves it. He doesn't care about aluminum but he hates the smell of deodorant. I don't use deodorant unless I'm going to a party. I only ever get BO after going for a run in the summer and, frankly, I don't give a $#@! if I'm stinky doing that because I come home and take a shower anyway.

I bought one of those salt rocks and Mr Animal loves it. He doesn't care about aluminum but he hates the smell of deodorant. I don't use deodorant unless I'm going to a party. I only ever get BO after going for a run in the summer and, frankly, I don't give a $#@! if I'm stinky doing that because I come home and take a shower anyway.
    Do you know that the magnesium oil is a great deodorant?

OMG, Suz's animalglands aren't working right! Better have that checked, Suz...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This is on RPFs today. May be of interest to @Suzanimal, FWIW...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I just bought Mr Animal's Valentine's Day gift. I found him another pair of Loudmouth golf shorts, a golf t-shirt (his weekly outing is at a crappy course that allows t-shirts), and a butane lighter. He wants one so he can light cigars on the golf course when it's windy.

Name:	p.jpg 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	5507

It says, I'd tap that.

Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	5508

I'm not sure how this lighter's going to go over because he plays with our priest most weeks but I needed to get him something naughty for VD and he wanted a lighter and that is one of his favorite things to do....

Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	5509

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Just tried it! Made CA rolls, and spicy shrimp rolls. Works well, but you really need to use a lot of rice, and have a very sharp knife. My first one fell apart, but it was still tasty!
    Are you using the super sticky rice? I think there's a specific rice they use for sushi rolls. It also may help to take your roll out the gadget, wrap it tightly and stick it in the fridge for a few hours before you cut it - that's the way I have to do my taco roll ups or they fall apart.

Do you know that the magnesium oil is a great deodorant?
    Nope. Is that the stuff you make by boiling Epsom salt in water? I make that and squirt it on the bottom of my feet at night. Honestly, I forgot why I even do it but it's habit now and I remember it being good for you. I doubt it could hurt, anyway.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast