Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Caved In For a Deal

Murmurs of vacating the chair on McCarthy. We'll see.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sure hope Thomas isn't turning into a swamp creature. I could understand a strategic endorsement of DeSantis but I gotta raise an eyebrow when he tweets about giving-in-to-tyranny-only-brings-more-tyranny and then looks to vote for more funding for overt tyranny, particularly the private collection agency of the Fed (international banking cartel) known as the IRS. And wear an actual running debt clock on his suit....

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/30/debt...l-updates.html

Quote Originally Posted by cnbc article
    A key Republican swing vote, Rep. Tom Massie, said he was inclined to support the bill, which had been briefly imperiled earlier after two other conservatives said they planned to vote against it.

“I anticipate voting for this rule,” Massie said about two hours into a marathon committee meeting, noting that this would be contingent on reading the final rule at the end of the meeting.

Massie’s likely support cleared the way for the bill to be approved by seven of the nine Republicans on the committee, enough to send it to the House floor for an expected vote within 24 hours.
    Feelin' like we really need to start preparing for hyperinflation, for real.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-30-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I sure hope Thomas isn't turning into a swamp creature. I could understand a strategic endorsement of DeSantis but I gotta raise an eyebrow when he tweets about tyranny and then looks to vote for more funding for overt tyranny, particularly the private collection agency of the Fed (international banking cartel) known as the IRS. And wear an actual running debt clock on his suit....
    He isn't, either way.

Ron explains (I can't remember the time stamp where it starts):

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    He isn't, either way.

When I can't even rely on a former RPFer to actually do something when in an actual position to do so, what's the point? The rest of swamp will be swamp dwellers but even an RPFer in Congress, who goes around wearing a literal running debt clock on his lapel, actively supports this trainwreck of a bill and apparently is even cheerleading for it, according to other Congresscritters.

Hyperinflation incoming. The country is quickly becoming unable to export inflation to the rest of the world yet they're going pedal to the metal like everything is all cool and normal.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-30-2023 at 04:13 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    When I can't even rely on a former RPFer to actually do something when in an actual position to do so, what's the point? The rest of swamp will be swamp dwellers but even an RPFer in Congress, who goes around wearing a literal running debt clock on his lapel, actively supports this trainwreck of a bill......

Hyperinflation incoming. The country is quickly becoming unable to export inflation to the rest of the world yet they're going peddle to the metal like everything is all cool and normal.

16:00 minute mark. Take a listen. Massie was/is/will be solid.

But yeah on your second paragraph.

16:00 minute mark. Take a listen. Massie was/is/will be solid.
    I'm about done listening to jaw boning from any one, truthfully. Lots of that and little or no action when it matters.

But yeah on your second paragraph.
    Considering that the dollar is being abandoned quickly around the world, this bill is the point that determines, monetarily, whether we deflate and start to return to some semblance of responsibility or whether we go Zimbabwe/Venezuela. I'm watching the committee live on YT and 3/4 of the members are literally reading from scripts provided to them like they're 8th graders reading book reports in front of the class. If even Thomas is supporting it, the writing is on the wall. Venezuela it is. The difference is that prices will go hyper but the new IRS hires will go around squeezing every last cent out of average folks that they can. The poor, working poor and middle classes won't be getting trillion dollar notes to keep up with rising prices, just IRS bills and even more rapidly increasing costs of living.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-30-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

He isn't, either way.

I find it interesting that Ron himself gives Thomas cover here. I disagree, because I think the bill is indeed that bad. And the idea of Thomas going along with a deal is nauseating. I tend to be in the camp of "what good is having power if you don't use it for the cause?"
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If three GOP dont vote against this ( doesnt matter which ) time to replace the committee.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Murmurs of vacating the chair on McCarthy. We'll see.
    Since he just brokered the worst deal ever , Id love to see him replaced.
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rumors are bill has advanced . Nobody has your back.
    Do something Danke

came up one vote short , it is an embarrassment.
    Do something Danke

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

On single issue voting...

All those "R"s who voted Yay, the ones everybody voted for, I hope they either go to church every week, or oppose red flag laws.

Tom pointed to my "A" shirt and said "that's what it's going to have to come down to". Ron says politics isn't the answer, it's changing the hearts and minds.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-31-2023 at 08:18 PM.

Ron says politics isn't the answer, it's changing the hearts and minds.
    Unfortunately this is one thing Ron is wrong about. Everything the government does is the result of politics. If you want to change government policy, you have to use the political process.

Unfortunately this is one thing Ron is wrong about. Everything the government does is the result of politics. If you want to change government policy, you have to use the political process.
    I tried PM'ing you but your box is full.

Ron is absolutely right.

Who said I wanted to “change government”?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Who said I wanted to “change government”?
    As opposed to letting it just continue to do the same thing it is doing now?

I tried PM'ing you but your box is full.
    I just cleared a couple of messages. Feel free to try again

As opposed to letting it just continue to do the same thing it is doing now?

I see you graduated with high honors from the leftist school of debate, Matt. You know damn good and well that’s not what I mean.

But by all means keep banging your head against that wall trying to “changeA” government.” Might as well try to perfect human nature while you’re at it, for all the good either will do. Be sure to vote good and hard next elction. I’m sure everything will be straightforward and honest and produce 100% reliable and fair results.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    But by all means keep banging your head against that wall trying to “changeA” government.” Might as well try to perfect human nature while you’re at it, for all the good either will do. Be sure to vote good and hard next elction. I’m sure everything will be straightforward and honest and produce 100% reliable and fair results.
    Fundamentally you're correct, human nature, and the nature of government cannot and will not ever change.

However we can work to make government smaller, more accountable, less intrusive, and win back more of our rights, etc, absolutely. That is almost always only achieved through the political process.

Fundamentally you're correct, human nature, and the nature of government cannot and will not ever change.

However we can work to make government smaller, more accountable, less intrusive, and win back more of our rights, etc, absolutely. That is almost always only achieved through the political process.
    I was not aware that people "voted" to end the lockdowns and quit wearing masks. I thought they just ended up doing what I did at the very beginning and completely ignore politicians and rules. Was there a vote that took place that I was not aware of?

I am basically alone in this, and there never seems to be a referendum, and no politician ever put it on the table, but I often wonder, what if everybody like a whole lot of people who flew in airplanes just said no to TSA, like they did with lockdowns and masks.

I was not aware that people "voted" to end the lockdowns and quit wearing masks. I thought they just ended up doing what I did at the very beginning and completely ignore politicians and rules. Was there a vote that took place that I was not aware of?

I am basically alone in this, and there never seems to be a referendum, and no politician ever put it on the table, but I often wonder, what if everybody like a whole lot of people who flew in airplanes just said no to TSA, like they did with lockdowns and masks.

A follow up question: If a vote had taken place on ending lockdowns and masks, what do you think the outcome would have been?

Now I wonder if there ever will be a "vote" to end the TSA [of course there won't]. But hypothetically, if there is, would the "vote" be as effective as a whole bunch of people just saying NO?

Humans are herd animals. Achieving critical mass of a large part of the population is very difficult. It can happen as you describe, but generally, that is not how government policy gets made.

For example, how many gay people are there? Very few. But yet they get all sorts of privileges and special treatment. How many people support permitless carry? Very few. But yet those laws are getting passed. It's because of leveraged political pressure as to why the government changes its policies on most topics.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 06-01-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Humans are herd animals. Achieving critical mass of a large part of the population is very difficult. It can happen as you describe, but generally, that is not how government policy gets made.

For example, how many gay people are there? Very few. But yet they get all sorts of privileges and special treatment. How many people support permitless carry? Very few. But yet those laws are getting passed. It's because of leveraged political pressure as to why the government changes its policies on most topics.

It's money that drives it. Also people are scared. But once the people no longer fear government, like they did with lockdowns and masks, it is far more effective that "voting".

Even the gun folks who own stores. They were holstered, but feared losing their license. Perhaps now they are simply waking up.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/repthomasmassie/...42732701925376

https://twitter.com/repthomasmassie/...42732701925376
    So Massie caved into agreeing with the Biden deal as well.

https://twitter.com/BasedMikeLee/sta...93679655477250
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    life goes on
    Yes, as long as one didn't accept the depop tool. For the rest, well, perhaps my 30yo realtor who now has heart problems and several 40yo friends I've buried in the last year would disagree.

I thought that was what we did when we put an RPFer in a position to shoot down bad bills? Lots of good that did. Voting has already proven to be a joke. The money printer wins every time. Rothschild was right. Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws. TJ's quote about banks and the corporations who grow around them was equally correct. Stick a fork in it and start preparing to be a warlord, especially if one didn't take the depop tool and isn't likely to keel over from a stroke or coronary in the next couple years.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-02-2023 at 12:41 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast