Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOJ sues MD county for racism for giving written exams

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Feds accuse Md. county of racial bias in hiring officers

The lawsuit asks for a court order barring the county from using written exams in the hiring process for LEOs "where such use results in a disparate impact on African Americans"

TOWSON, Md. — A Maryland county's written exams for hiring police officers have discriminated against black applicants for several years, the U.S. Justice Department alleged Tuesday in a lawsuit.

The federal lawsuit, filed by the department's civil rights division, claims Baltimore County's use of the pass/fail written exams led to hiring fewer blacks as entry-level police officers and police cadets than it would have had it used a "non-discriminatory screening device."
    So there argument for the law suit in turn supports any claim that white supremacy makes about race and intelligence. Where is the Black Lives Movement calling fowl for saying blacks cannot do written exams? Oh yeah, I know why.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    So there argument for the law suit in turn supports any claim that white supremacy makes about race and intelligence. Where is the Black Lives Movement calling fowl for saying blacks cannot do written exams? Oh yeah, I know why.
    First of all BLM is dying out now and 2ndly when they were very active, they focused on issues related mainly to police brutality. The truth is that people rarely complain when they are given a leg up in life.

Take me for example, I am firmly against affirmative action but you would never see me protesting on the street to get it suspended. I remember in college, we had a special computer room for low income students. You had free printing, tutors were on hand to help u with your papers, snacks to munch on, it had quiet rooms for studying etc and it was essentially 70% plus black and brown. The whole school probably paid for it but you would not see me protesting this injustice.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So basically they want dumb cops that don't understand the law.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Only the best-n-brightest.

This is utterly whacked- that said, some of the brightest people I know can't take a test- I even teach classes on how to take a test. And most of these people are white.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This is utterly whacked- that said, some of the brightest people I know can't take a test- I even teach classes on how to take a test. And most of these people are white.
    It's stupid, I have a hard time believing that there is any sizeable amount of black people who want to be cops but just happen to have a hard time taking written exams.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    First of all BLM is dying out now and 2ndly when they were very active, they focused on issues related mainly to police brutality. The truth is that people rarely complain when they are given a leg up in life.

Take me for example, I am firmly against affirmative action but you would never see me protesting on the street to get it suspended. I remember in college, we had a special computer room for low income students. You had free printing, tutors were on hand to help u with your papers, snacks to munch on, it had quiet rooms for studying etc and it was essentially 70% plus black and brown. The whole school probably paid for it but you would not see me protesting this injustice.
    You have just admitted to having low moral character.

There are current injustices that have benefited me or could and I do call for an end to them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You have just admitted to having low moral character.

There are current injustices that have benefited me or could and I do call for an end to them.
    I believe people who pretend to be native American for selfish reasons have the lowest moral character.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12