Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americans Are Already Bored of the Impeachment Hearings

Americans Are Already Bored of the Impeachment Hearings

Americans Are Already Bored of the Impeachment Hearings

If the sentiments of several people interviewed by the New York Times are anything to go by, Americans are already getting bored of the impeachment hearings.

The hearings entered day three proper today as two top national security aides who listened to President Donald Trump’s July call with Ukraine’s president gave testimony.

However, in an article entitled ‘No One Believes Anything’: Voters Worn Out by a Fog of Political News’, the NY Times talked to Americans about how they viewed the spectacle and they didn’t come across as very enthusiastic.

“In upstate New York, Travis Trudell got an alert on his phone Wednesday morning telling him the impeachment hearings had started. He turned on Disney Plus instead,” states the article.

A resident of Wisconsin, Jerre Corrigan, said she had “never considered watching” the hearings.

Meanwhile, In Idaho computer programmer Russell Memory said he would “catch up in a few weeks when the hearings were over.”

Corrigan said that the media’s relentless anti-Trump narrative has created a kind of ‘Orange Man Bad’ fatigue amongst voters.

“It’s harder now — they want to grab you with those headlines,” she said. “Trump did this, Trump did that. You have to go in and really research it. And I don’t think a lot of people do that.”

The responses indicate that Americans are aware of the overwhelmingly likely outcome that Trump will not be impeached and that the hearings are just another attempt by Democrats to keep a cloud hovering over the president as we get closer to 2020.
    https://www.prisonplanet.com/america...-hearings.html
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to see hearings on Biden and Hunter.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Circuses aren't as popular as they used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Now those would be hearings that the American people wouldn't be bored with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Another week of the Bull$#@! and the number of people wishing to impeach Trump will shrink to 10%. Lol.

The whole thing is a $#@!ing joke. Adam Schiff being the front man isn't doing the Democrats any favors. He just looks terrible in the role.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The whole thing is a $#@!ing joke. Adam Schiff being the front man isn't doing the Democrats any favors. He just looks terrible in the role.
    Not a single progressive on FBthat I know, that still considers me a "friend," has posted ANYTHING about it. I'd figure at least ONE would have. Nope. THAT'S how lame it is. LolZ.

I think there's going to be a lot of attention after today....
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    And Ghouliani.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Why?

Clinton impeachment hearings grabbed nation's attention because among other things it involved 'sex, cigars' and other things that 'sell'. A strong dislike for Clintons among GOP bases then also did not hurt. Lindsey Graham played a stunning role and rallied Christian conservatives as did dope Ken Starr. Jeffrey Epstein's role is unclear.

Trump impeachment hearings relatively have been tame and boring so far. But things got tad bit more dramatic today and were 'spiced up'. We'll see how things go from here.

Is that still going on? *yawn*

In order to be bored with them, one would have to have been paying attention, which I've not.

However, in reading the blurb about today's star witness, who apparently testified to a quid pro quo, I did notice one highly interesting detail.

This guy donated $1 million to the Trump campaign.

As for credibility, this says two things: (a) he isn't a die-hard Trump opponent, rather the opposite, and (b) he's quite insane.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In order to be bored with them, one would have to have been paying attention, which I've not.

However, in reading the blurb about today's star witness, who apparently testified to a quid pro quo, I did notice one highly interesting detail.

This guy donated $1 million to the Trump campaign.

As for credibility, this says two things: (a) he isn't a die-hard Trump opponent, rather the opposite, and (b) he's quite insane.
    He testified about his guesses and he lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    How is that dramatic? Sondland's testimony is nothing but an additional personal opinion.
    And lies:

Even taking this at face value, Sondland’s testifying that (a) he believed that there was a linkage between the military aid and the investigations, (b) Pence “nodded” when Sondland aired his opinion, and (c) the topic of aid came up in Pence’s conversation with Ukraine. That’s not very compelling in terms of a dictated quid pro quo. Sondland’s testimony is just that Pence “nodded” at the notion, not that he got any indication of confirmation or even factual knowledge of Sondland’s belief.Pence’s office didn’t let it slide, however. In a statement sent out widely to media via e-mail, including Hot Air, chief of staff Marc Short blasted Sondland’s testimony as false. The conversation that Sondland described “never happened,” according to Short:
    “The Vice President never had a conversation with Gordon Sondland about investigating the Bidens, Burisma, or the conditional release of financial aid to Ukraine based upon potential investigations.
    “Ambassador Gordon Sondland was never alone with Vice President Pence on the September 1 trip to Poland. This alleged discussion recalled by Ambassador Sondland never happened.
    “Multiple witnesses have testified under oath that Vice President Pence never raised Hunter Biden, former Vice President Joe Biden, Crowdstrike, Burisma, or investigations in any conversation with Ukrainians or President Zelensky before, during, or after the September 1 meeting in Poland.”
    This should be rather easy to determine. Does anyone have the security logs for Pence in Poland, which would likely document Pence’s movements and those around him? Surely Pence had his staff around during this trip, too. If Sondland wasn’t alone with Pence, then his story begins to look a little suspect.
    But even if he was alone with Pence, this still doesn’t prove much of anything. Sondland didn’t testify that Pence told him anything about a quid pro quo, just that he “nodded” at Sondland’s concerns over the potential for one. As Short notes, no one has suggested that Pence pushed anything of the sort; indeed, testimony already exists that Pence never linked anything to aid, nor was inclined to do so.
    Short and Pence better hope it stays that way, of course, but in this they are helped by Sondland’s continually changing recollections. Key parts of his story keep evolving, which Sondland blames on a lack of cooperation from State over his notes and his documents. That may well be the case, but it’s not making Sondland look more reliable as time wears on.
    Update: Republicans on the panel are already making hay over Sondland’s shifting recollections:
    Sondland says he doesn’t remember things because he has lots of meetings with many important people and they “tend to sort of blend together.” He says he’s not a notetaker. “You’re a trifecta of unreliability,” GOP counsel Castor says. Sondland says he “filled in a lot of blanks”
    — Manu Raju (@mkraju) November 20, 2019

More at: https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...ever-happened/
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Don't mind him, hes only here to parrot DNC talking points.

Here is how @enhanced_deficit 's mind works

CNN : Sondland confirms quid pro quo in impeachment hearing

And then there is what really happened, directly contradicting the DNC/CNN talking point.

@enhanced_deficit, do you just not feel embarrassment?
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    That's a very misleading statement, with the exact opposite actually being true.

The fact is this guy is trying to play both sides, because he's afraid the left is going to prosecute him if he doesn't give them something. Hence the, "well, no, there is zero proof Trump ever did anything he's being accused of" and "but I presumed he did". His statement of fact is the truth, and his statement of opinion is completely fabricated, giving the leftist tyrants something to chase and potentially saving himself a lifetime prison sentence.

The sad thing is he might even be making the right move here in the sense of protecting himself the best he can, even though he's only compounding the nonsense. It's not Republicans you have to fear here. We have all seen what the left does to anyone with an association with Trump who makes even the slightest incorrect statement. They die in prison.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I will summarize .Americans know trump is not guilty of anything they care about . He gave them a tax cut . The dem candidates are boring , impeachment boring and as of today he would likely be re elected by winning the same states as last time because the dems suck so bad. Whats next ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will summarize .Americans know trump is not guilty of anything they care about . He gave them a tax cut . The dem candidates are boring , impeachment boring and as of today he would likely be re elected by winning the same states as last time because the dems suck so bad. Whats next ?
    Prosecutions of Demoncrats if we are lucky.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He testified about his guesses and he lied.
    That's the line of the Trump partisans, and it could even be true (but isn't, I'd wager).

In any event, there are better ways for one to spend one's time than to disentangle all of this.

Trump deserves to be removed from office for a host of reasons having nothing to do with Ukraine (see: every budget he's signed).

So, if all this Ukraine business is a great Deep State™ hoax, as President derpaderp insists it is, and he gets removed anyway, fine by me.

It's rather like falsely convicting Charlie Manson of the Lindbergh kidnapping (no sympathy here).

All that said, Trump isn't getting removed, barring a huge shift in the polls (which is what GOP Senators are watching), but he will get impeached.

And so, at the end of the day, this will be somewhat entertaining, as we watch the two wings of the American left lose their minds.

...maybe even to the point of donating a million dollars to a circus clown.

Prosecutions of Demoncrats if we are lucky.
    And Justin Amash, who, since he opposes Trump, is also a satanic pedophile and card-carrying member of the Deep State™, right?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

today's star witness, who apparently testified to a quid pro quo
    Your star witness' opening statement admitted there was quid pro quo, to what? No clarification.

Until he was asked specifically, he only admitted he presumed the act in question was quid pro quo, just like everybody who heard it from somebody else like a game of shtty telephone.

Its so ironic that you bought into it. All you needed was the "yes" and your bias was confirmed.

Of course my prediction is, you will no longer be responding to fact that he merely made a presumption.

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Your star witness' opening statement admitted there was quid pro quo, to what? No clarification.

Until he was asked specifically, he only admitted he presumed the act in question was quid pro quo, just like everybody who heard it from somebody else like a game of shtty telephone.

Its so ironic that you bought into it. All you needed was the "yes" and your bias was confirmed.

Of course my prediction is, you will no longer be responding to fact that he merely made a presumption.
    He said there was a quid pro quo (of the sort which politicians routinely orchestrate).

Beyond that, you're confusing me with someone who's invested in this whole enterprise.

lulzfuckercarlson

He said there was a quid pro quo
    lulzfuckercarlson
    You were happy enough to have your bias confirmed but don't wish to see where he said there was no actual quid pro quo when having to answer to the details.

I just predicted that you would not be responding to the presumption and you proved me right.

Here it is, its only a few minutes. Will you take the blue pill or the red pill?

THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

You were happy enough to have your bias confirmed but don't wish to see where he said there was no actual quid pro quo when having to answer to the details.

I just predicted that you would not be responding to the presumption and you proved me right.
    Again, you misunderstand.

Did Trump do something corrupt in Ukraine? Probably, for the reason that he's a politician, and that's what politicians do.

Does this matter in any way, beyond entertainment?

Nope

If he's innocent, will anything be different, will there be a good reason to support him?

Nope

Here it is, its only a few minutes. Will you take the blue pill or the red pill?
    I'm familiar with $#@!er's propaganda.

He's either (a) an intelligent actor making money, or (b) an actual Trump supporter.

In either case, I have no need to watch any more of his braying.

TDS is incurable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm familiar with $#@!er's propaganda.

He's either (a) an intelligent actor making money, or (b) an actual Trump supporter.

In either case, I have no need to watch any more of his braying.
    Are you really that deathly afraid to confront anything I am saying directly?

The last link I gave you was a clip from PBS. I asked you if you wanted the blue pill or the red pill, you obviously chose blue by pretending the link is still from Tucker so that you don't have to see the truth.

I always know exactly what your responses are going to be because its easy to predict TDS and you consistently prove me right.

This is a joke man, check your delusions. There is not enough space in my signature for all of your gaffes.
    Last edited by eleganz; 11-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Are you really that deathly afraid to confront anything I am saying directly?

The last link I gave you was a clip from PBS. I asked you if you wanted the blue pill or the red pill, you obviously chose blue by pretending the link is still from Tucker so that you don't have to see the truth.

I always know exactly what your responses are going to be because its easy to predict TDS and you consistently prove me right.

This is a joke man, check your delusions. There is not enough space in my signature for all of your gaffes.
    Ah, I guess I wasn't paying much attention to what you said.

Ah, I guess I wasn't paying much attention to what you said.

And that folks, is how you lose a debate.
    Last edited by eleganz; 11-20-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

And that folks, is how you lose a debate.
    We were debating something?

What was that?

We were debating something?

What was that?

He seems to be laboring under the misconception that any one except die hard delusional Trump fans give a $#@! about the impeachment dog and pony show.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Circuses aren't as popular as they used to be.
    ^this.

However, after today risk increased a bit that Right Wing Democrat globalist neocons funded political investments in GOPA leadership could sink in coming few months. Maybe time for leftwing globalist neocons funded gummit next ahead of turn because they are jealous of too much Darin The Swamp Winning in recent months.
    Stll bit surprising to see anti-MAGA wing of Deep Stage/Dems coming at pro-MAGA wing of Deep Stage/Deep Neocons with such energy.

Forget The Impeachment Circus…Here’s What Congress Should Really Investigate! – Ron Paul Institute
    While the country is being dragged through the three ring impeachment circus – which is all about politics and nothing about policy, President Trump’s secret wars and interventions across the globe continue. Venezuela, Middle East, Lithuania…the intervention is on overdrive. But Congress has no interest in its Constitutional obligations when it comes to war. Political theater is far more exciting. Watch today’s Liberty Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH48AP5eRK0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast