Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1904

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Magicians on Netflix. it's kinda like a college Harry Potter series. The lead guy is annoying, though. He constantly acts confused and disoriented. The actor is either on drugs or overplaying the part.
    no thats just the way the character is written, the books are even worse
    though he is far to old for the part

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    no thats just the way the character is written, the books are even worse
    though he is far to old for the part
    Oh, geez...I was hoping the confusion would wear off at some point since I'm only a few episodes into the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

By chance I found this playing. It's still a ok flick after all these years.
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 01-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.

The Man in the High Castle
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Central Intelligence (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I love to watch the pimple popper videos.

Versailles on Netflix. It's dumb and gay.

Here's how we ended up watching it...

Mr Animal: Come watch something with me. I'll let you pick.
    *Mr Animal scrolling*
    Me: Hey, what about Versailles (I pronounced it Ver-sally - I know the correct pronunciation, btw)
    Mr Animal *looking at me like I'm a tard*: What did you just say?
    Me: Ver-sally? *looking innocent*
    Mr Animal *rubbing his eyes and shaking his head*: Oh my God...
    Me *looking confused*: What? Did I say it wrong? Is it Versace?
    Mr Animal *starts show*: I give up.

The best part of the show was all the ways I could mispronounce Versailles to aggravate poor Mr Animal.

My mission tomorrow is to buy an antenna. We don't get any local channels with our tv and Mr Animal wants to be able to check on sports. He watches sports all day at work, you'd think he gets enough of it. Anyway, he told me to go buy an antenna tomorrow.

We're in the country so I think I'll need a strong one. Any suggestions? I'm going to Best Buy because I have $5.00 coupon and their prices seemed the same as Walmart and they had more selection.

Just started watching Colony.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Just started watching Colony.
    Just in time for season 2.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Just in time for season 2.
    Was actually not bad. Most of the episode was a prequel to season 1, and almost sorta shows one of the hosts.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey y'all just an fyi, there's a Netflix scam out there where they try to steal your cc number.

Blues Brothers
    Do something Danke

[QUOTE=CPUd;6397080]Just in time for season 2.[/QUOTE
    meh

I bought an antenna and it didn't work. Back to the drawing board...

Oh, and Dish Network sent me boxes with instructions for sending back my equipment and they want me to climb up on the roof and take a part off the dish. $#@! that, I stuck a note in the box telling them to come and get the damn thing if they want it back so bad.

Tom Hardy. All you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Blues Brothers
    We got it on bluray a while back and watched it. Love that movie.

Okay, everything I've picked to watch lately ends up with men kissing. Mr Animal is about ready to ban me from the picking (I'm already banned from being the rcc - remote control coordinator).

The crazy thing is, the men kissing didn't even go with the story. It's like it was just kind of thrown in there to get me in trouble with Mr Animal. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Okay, everything I've picked to watch lately ends up with men kissing. Mr Animal is about ready to ban me from the picking (I'm already banned from being the rcc - remote control coordinator).

The crazy thing is, the men kissing didn't even go with the story. It's like it was just kind of thrown in there to get me in trouble with Mr Animal. o_O
    Sorry suz, but I'm with Mr Animal on this one....

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Christopher Nolan's War Movie

This looks good:

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Yes.

Another Dirty Room

Continuum

Yesterday I watched The Big Lebowski again .
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/30for30/status/827335881640009728

So, last night I watched the first 3 eps of a series called Hunted. This is a contest show that challenges a pair of people to go "on the run" for a month, with a prize of 250K. The level of surveillance law enforcement has is demonstrated pretty well. So far, there are a few people that have not been caught - a couple of really dumb pairs that got nabbed really early in the game and one pair got nabbed not because of anything they did but because of social media.
    It kinda makes me want a liberty network.. yesterday
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Started watching The OA..almost done

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know we have a few marco polo fans here. I hate to break the news but its been canceled. They wont even get a final season to wrap up the story. A real shame. The way they setup for season three it looked like it was going to be epic.

The Outsiders - 1000 strong mountaintop hill billy moonshine clan gets run off the mountain by corporate coal companies and state police; local sheriff is the oathkeeper type

Forged in Fire - 3 compete to make a knife in 3 hours; then 2 best compete to make a sword in 5 days

Alaska Last Frontier - Kitcher family on multi generation grandfathered square mile of land with extended rights to graze on public land; homesteading w/ heavy equipment and mini barges

Alone Patagonia - people live alone for months w/ cameras in remote south america w/ limited gear; last man out $500k

Alaskan Bush People - nomadic / subsistence / boating alaskan family begins a homestead on a boat access only plot of land

Barbarians Rising - history channel; barbarians start kicking some roman ass

all of them have great underlying liberty message and are are available from various free streaming sites
    Last edited by presence; 02-04-2017 at 09:59 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast