Thread: Trump's first 100 Days

Banned

Blog Entries

Trump's first 100 Days

Well? Not bad, eh?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

That's an act of war to the TPTB.

If only it was legally binding lol.

This looks like one massive spending plan. I see two points in the above that would reduce spending, and those wouldn't impact it much. And then I see a bunch of expensive programs for which he'll "increase funding," "fund," "fully fund," etc. etc. etc.

This is the work of a big government Republican. aka Liberal.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    This looks like one massive spending plan. I see two points in the above that would reduce spending, and those wouldn't impact it much. And then I see a bunch of expensive programs for which he'll "increase funding," "fund," "fully fund," etc. etc. etc.

This is the work of a big government Republican. aka Liberal.
    Oh, you mean like freeze on government hiring?

Looks like if Trump wants the constitutional amendment for term limits, he'll have to work around McConnell's opposition.

http://wuky.org/post/mcconnell-reads...to-term-limits

@UWDude Yes, that's one. Can you find the other?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    Looks like if Trump wants the constitutional amendment for term limits, he'll have to work around McConnell's opposition.

http://wuky.org/post/mcconnell-reads...to-term-limits
    Oh no! A politician! How will Trump handle him? I guess we can forget the term limits amendment, even though it will have mass popular appeal.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    @UWDude Yes, that's one. Can you find the other?
    Oh, you mean like making childcare and elderly care tax deductible?

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Oh, you mean like making childcare and elderly care tax deductible?
    That doesn't reduce government spending. Try again.

Banned

Blog Entries
    That doesn't reduce government spending. Try again.
    You said he was "a big government republican."

try again.

They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

He is a big spender.. so what? do you think Defaulting would be better?

Honestly, there are no other ways. default or spend and inflate. This was discussed to death.

let's see the positive. he is engaging the voters with a contract!!! For god sake!!! a good change.

You said he was "a big government republican."

try again.
    I was referring to defunding sanctuary cities. Sorry you can't read well enough to grok your own candidate's scripture.

As for spending:
    Rounding up and removing 2 million illegal immigrants.
    The "Eldercare Act."
    Border wall construction.
    New police training programs, increasing police "resources."
    Expanding military "investment."
    Expanding VA treatment options including compensating private providers.
    Establishing "new screening procedures," aka building a massively anti-liberty and expensive biometric tracking infrastructure.
    Federal imprisonment for returning deportees.

These are all things that are specifically detailed in this "Let's Get Started" document. Can't wait to see what will get started on day 101.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-10-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Detected another big spending program.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Sorry you can't read well enough to grok your own candidate's scripture.
    I can read it, so can everybody else. They can also read your stupid comment that this looks like a "big government contract".

I'll just let the contract stand as it is.
    I'm done pointing out your blatant intellectual insincerity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can read it, so can everybody else. They can also read your stupid comment that this looks like a "big government contract".

I'll just let the contract stand as it is.
    I'm done pointing out your blatant intellectual insincerity.
    Which of the following are not big government programs?

The "Eldercare Act."
    Establishing "new screening procedures," aka building a massively anti-liberty and expensive biometric tracking infrastructure.

This isn't in the contract document, but NYTimes collected from various interviews before the national convention:

And by the end of his first 100 days as the nation’s 45th leader, ... the audit of the Federal Reserve would be underway...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us...president.html

Unclear if Auditing the Fed wasn't "popular" or "simple" enough to make it into contract or if something has changed to put it on the back burner.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Which of the following are not big government programs?

The "Eldercare Act."
    Like I said, people can read the contract themselves, and see if it feels like "big government republican" I don't care to debate you anymore. You are clealry intellectually dishonest, so trying to have any kind of constructive discourse with you is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    Unclear if Auditing the Fed wasn't "popular" or "simple" enough to make it into contract or if something has changed to put it on the back burner.
    There's no way he can do all the things on that contract without the Fed.

feels
    Am I supposed to feel what's on that page or read it?

Meh mandatory minimum sentencing for non violent crimes. Heard this before. Seems like there's always people getting tied up in massive prison sentences who never hurt a person. Gee I wonder if more mandatory prison terms will solve this problem.

China a currency manipulator? Starting a economic war?

Gosh there's a lot there I don't like. A couple that sound pretty good, I'll be waiting to see if the good things materialize. A lot of this depends on congress doing their jobs too. Ever see the picture of the guy who waited his whole life to see THAT happen?

We'll see. Not gonna hold my breath tho.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Meh mandatory minimum sentencing for non violent crimes. Heard this before. Seems like there's always people getting tied up in massive prison sentences who never hurt a person. Gee I wonder if more mandatory prison terms will solve this problem.
    Good point. Another big spending program. I'll add that to the list.

Oh, you mean like freeze on government hiring?
    Ending the defense sequester, for one.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ending the defense sequester, for one.
    I have been thinking all along that is coming .
    Do something Danke

Let's renegotiate this contract to get a better deal.

Sorry, Don, we've read your book now. We know what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

yah.
    I ain't signin' $#@!.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Transcript from this recent statement from PEOTUS aired Nov. 21, video here: https://www.c-span.org/video/?418955...first-100-days

I WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WITH AN UPDATE ON THE WHITE HOUSE TRANSITION AND OUR POLICY PLANS FOR THE FIRST 100 DAYS.

OUR TRANSITION TEAM IS WORKING VERY SMOOTHLY, EFFICIENTLY, AND EFFECTIVELY, TRULY GREAT AND TALENTED MEN AND WOMEN, PATRIOTS INDEED, ARE BEING BROUGHT IN AND MANY WILL SOON BE A PART OF OUR GOVERNMENT. HELPING US TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

MY AGENDA WILL BE BASED ON A SIMPLE CORE PRINCIPLE, PUTTING AMERICA FIRST. WHETHER IT IS PRODUCING STEEL, BUILDING CARS, OR CURING DISEASE, I WANT THE NEXT GENERATION OF PRODUCTION AND INNOVATION TO HAPPEN RIGHT HERE ON OUR GREAT HOMELAND, AMERICA. CREATING WEALTH AND JOBS FOR AMERICAN WORKERS. AS PART OF THIS PLAN, I HAVE ASKED MY TRANSITION TEAM TO DEVELOP A LIST OF EXECUTIVE ACTIONS WE CAN TAKE ON DAY ONE TO RESTORE OUR LAWS AND BRING BACK OUR JOBS. THESE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.

ON TRADE, I AM GOING TO ISSUE A NOTIFICATION OF INTENT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. A POTENTIAL DISASTER FOR COUNTRY. INSTEAD, WE WILL NEGOTIATE FAIR, BILATERAL TRADE DEALS THAT BRING JOBS AND INDUSTRY BACK ONTO AMERICAN SHORES.

ON ENERGY, I WILL CANCEL JOB KILLING RESTRICTIONS ON THE PRODUCTION OF AMERICAN ENERGY INCLUDING SHALE ENERGY AND CLEAN COAL, CREATING MANY MILLIONS OF HIGH-PAYING JOBS. THAT IS WHAT WE WANT, THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

ON REGULATION, I WILL FORMULATE A RULE THAT SAYS FOR EVERYONE NEW REGULATION, TWO OLD REGULATIONS MUST BE ELIMINATED. SO IMPORTANT.

ON NATIONAL SECURITY, I WILL ASK THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AND THE CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF TO DEVELOP A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN TO PROTECT AMERICA'S VITAL INTERESTS -- INFRASTRUCTURE FROM CYBER ATTACKS AND ALL THE OTHER FORM OF ATTACKS.

ON IMMIGRATION, I WILL DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR TO INVESTIGATE ALL ABUSES OF VISA PROGRAMS THAT UNDERCUT THE AMERICAN WORKER.

ON ETHICS REFORM, AS PART OF OUR PLAN TO DRAIN THE SWAMP, WE WILL IMPOSE A FIVE-YEAR BAN ON EXECUTIVE OFFICIALS BECOMING LOBBYISTS AFTER THEY LEAVE THE ADMINISTRATION AND A LIFETIME BAN ON EXECUTIVE OFFICIALS LOBBYING ON BEHALF OF A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT.

THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE STEPS WE WILL TAKE TO REFORM WASHINGTON AND REBUILD OUR MIDDLE CLASS. I WILL PROVIDE MORE UPDATES IN THE COMING DAYS AS WE WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN FOR EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE.
    Pretty wimpy stuff for an initial "first 100 days" speech, for what can be specifically gleaned, as well as for what's glaringly missing. The trade, regulation, and national security items are worded such that I can see plenty of room for government growth. The immigration and ethics items are surprisingly puny. The energy item I like.

Yawning, but it's still early.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

128K chess. Nay-sayers can't comprehend.