Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Ron Paul Forums Recipe Thread

The Official Ron Paul Forums Recipe Thread

Eventually we'll have enough for our own cookbook.

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From Grimnir:

Mixed greens with Apple-cider viniagrette:

1 bag of italian or romaine mixed greens; best done with those of the darker variety
    add handfuls each of hemp seeds, sunflower kernels, dried cranberries, almonds
    fresh nectarines and oranges, cut into slivers

Viniagrette:
    1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
    1 1/2 cups cold-pressed olive oil
    fruit puree of your choosing (I used blackberries, blueberries, banana, mandarin oranges, apple, and mango.
    if you don't have a processor, a store-bought fruit juice will suffice) - eyeball to near the top of your chosen container
    add nutmeg, cardamom, and/or cinnamon, adjust to taste.
    [1 teaspoon hemp protein powder]
    shake well.

Orange-cinnamon quinoa (cous-cous alternative):
    bring 3 cups orange juice (slightly diluted with water) to boil, then add 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
    Return to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
    Add in cinnamon and toasted almonds + dried cranberries

organic hemp seeds, quinoa, and much more can be bought by the pound at nutsonline.com; quite cheap too

From Deborah K:

Dump Cake

1 box of yellow cake mix
    1 can of pinapple chunks
    1 can of cherry pie filling
    1 bag of chopped walnuts
    1 stick of butter

Grease 11x9 pyrex dish
    dump in cherry pie filling
    dump in pineapple chunks
    dump in cake mix - dry - right out of the box - evenly
    lay thin pads of butter all over cake
    sprinkle on walnuts
    bake at 350 for approx one hour

From Kotin (made this one -- it's delicious):

Jewish Apple Cake

Ingredients:

* 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled & thinly sliced
    * 2 large Teaspoons of cinnamon
    * 5-6 Tablespoons granulated sugar or to taste
    * 3 Cups all purpose flour
    * 2 1/4 Cups sugar, half granulated, half dark brown
    * 3 Teaspoons baking powder
    * 1/2 Teaspoons salt
    * 4 Eggs
    * 1 Cup vegetable oil
    * 2 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
    * 1/3 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice

Oil and flour a tube pan - not a fluted one - or angel food cake pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix the apples, cinnamon, and sugar.

In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.

Scoop half the batter into the prepared pan can cover with half the apple mixture. Scoop a second layer of batter over the apples and top with remaining apple mixture.

Bake for about 1 3/4 hours. The crust should be crunchy. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and remove to wire rack to finish cooling.

MATZO BALL SOUP

4-6 lb. Chicken
    1 lg. onion
    2 carrots, cut in pieces
    3 stalks celery, cut in pieces
    3 qts. water
    1 tbsp. chicken bouillon

In a large stock pot, cover Chicken with water, add above ingredients and boil until very tender. Allow chicken to cool in the liquid. Remove chicken and reserve for some other future use. Strain remaining broth and discard the cooked vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked matzo balls and thoroughly heat them or drop uncooked matzo balls into broth following directions on the matzo ball recipe.

MATZO BALLS:

1 tbsp. chicken fat or oil
    1 tbsp. chopped parsley
    1 c. boiling water
    Salt & pepper to taste
    2 eggs, separated
    1 c. matzo meal
    1 lg. celery stalk, chopped
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    1 sm. onion, chopped

Chop seasonings very fine, then fry in oil. When clear, add cup of boiling water; then cool a few minutes. Add matzo meal, well beaten egg yolks, then fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Form into small balls and drop into boiling chicken soup or you can drop them into boiling salted water. Cover pot and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.

From Give.Me.Liberty:

Awesome Dip Stuff

-Package of cream cheese.
    -Shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, mixed, whatever).
    -Hormel Chili (w/ beans or w/o them, whatever)

Get a big microwavable dish. Spread the cream cheese on the bottom, followed by the chili, and then sprinkle the cheese - microwave for 3 1/2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

From RonPaulHawaii:

Laulau
    Prep time: less than 30 minutes
    Cooking time: 4 hours!
    Special equipment: a steamer large enough to easily accomodate a dozen laulau

• about 50 lu`au leaves
    • 24 to 30 ti leaves
    • 3 lbs. pork shoulder or butt. Don't trim any fat!
    • 1.5 lbs. salted butterfish
    • 2 T Hawaiian salt

Notes on the ingredients:

• Fresh spinach may be substituted for lu`au leaves, but reduce the cooking time to 90 minutes if you do. The flavor of spinach is similar enough, but not identical to lu`au.
    • Banana leaves or even corn husks may be substituted for ti leaves.
    • Salted (not smoked) salmon or cod may be used in place of salted butterfish. If all else fails, use fresh butterfish, salmon or cod, but add 1/3 t. extra Hawaiian salt per laulau.
    • Kosher salt may be used in place of Hawaiian salt
    • On the one hand, please feel free to substitute as needed. On the other hand, it is well worth a little extra effort to stick as close to the traditional preparation as is feasible. If you substitute everything, is it still laulau?

First, start with all your prep work. Wash the ti and lu`au leaves. Prepare your ti leaves, then set them aside. Remove the center stem and fibrous veins from each lu`au leaf. If you have tender, young lu`au, you may be fine leaving the veins intact. Optionally, dice and reserve the lu`au stems to use in the laulau.
    Cut the pork into 12 pieces and rub with salt. Cut the fish into 12 pieces. Start heating a large steamer with water in the bottom. At this point, your prep work is done. Easy so far, eh?
    Stack four to five lu`au leaves on a flat surface, with leaf tips pointing in different directions. Place a piece of pork in the center of the leaf stack, and then a slice of fish on top. If you've decided to use the reserved lu`au stems, add a tablespoon of diced stems. Fold the lu`au leaf to enclose the bundle, much like you would enclose a burrito or wrap.
    You now need to choose a wrapping method, package style or Ho`okupu style. Wrap each laulau bundle in the style of your choosing, then place them in the steamer, stacking if necessary. Make sure to leave spaces between the laulau so that the steam can reach everywhere! Steam for four hours.
    I like to present the laulau still wrapped on a large platter and allow the guests to open their own bundles, discarding the outer ti leaves and eating everything else. It's messier at the table to do it this way, but when that first wave of lu`au smell rises from a newly opened laulau, the excitement on people's faces is completely worth it.

From Grimnir:

Roasted red pepper-cilantro hempseed hummus

a protein packed flavorgasm I created ten minutes ago while stoned out of my mind

preheat oven to 450 degrees F
    stuff a hewed red bell pepper with finely chopped fresh garlic and cilantro
    drizzle with cayenne pepper, curry powder, and extra virgin olive oil mixture (also doubles as an excellent salad dressing if blended with an avocado)
    roast for about 30 minutes, covered in tin foil

in the meantime:
    grind almonds and hempseeds in a coffee grinder until somewhat coarse

when roasting is finished, pulse in a food processor along with almond-hemp mixture and a 16oz can of garbanzo beans

keep additional hemp, garbanzo, and almond on hand in case of unwanted moisture; adjust with spices to taste and desired viscosity

I recommend serving in unleavened hemp, flax, or multigrain bread along with wild rice, mixed greens, and fresh avocado. Serve alongside a glass of raw vanilla almond milk, steamed together with rooibos tea

From LittleLightShining:

LLS' Famous Chocolate Pie

3 Cups milk (whole or lowfat, I use whole)
    4 Tablespoons cornstarch
    1 egg yolk
    1 whole egg
    ½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
    4 Tablespoons cocoa powder (Dutch-processed is preferred, but use what you can get)
    8 oz chocolate chips (whatever your favorite is. I use Ghirardelli semi or bittersweet)
    2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
    whipped cream optional
    premade graham cracker pie crust

In a medium bowl combine ½ Cup milk with cornstarch and whisk well. Add the yolk, egg, sugar and cocoa. Whisk well.

In a large, heavy saucepan heat the remaining milk (2 ½ Cups) over med-high heat until it begins to boil. Pour half of the hot milk into the bowl with the cocoa mixture, stirring constantly. Pour this back into the saucepan and whisk constantly. Lower heat to med-low and whisk constantly for 5-7 minutes until pudding thickens. The pudding needs to get very thick.

Remove the pan from heat and add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. For best texture pour the pudding through a metal sieve into the pie shell. (You can omit the sieve step and it will still be delicious.)

This recipe makes one pie and a little extra to put into ramekins or mugs. Cover the surface completely with plastic wrap to avoid the skin unless you, like George Costanza, thoroughly enjoy pudding skins. In that case just cover with the plastic that came on the pie shell (inverted, obviously) and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

From LiberteeBell:

Ruby's (that's my mom) salad that everyone loves:

Romaine Lettuce

Cucumbers

Tomatoes

***Lawry's Garlic Salt, coarse ground with parsley (has a bright green top)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

Cut everything up and put it in a large bowl. Sprinkle liberally with Lawry's Garlic Salt (this is the key ingredient, no other brand will do). Shake the bowl a bit. Add EVOO and balsamic vinegar to taste. I don't measure anything but as a start, I'd guess about 1/3 cup oil and 25 shakes of vinegar. Toss gently but thoroughly. Enjoy!

I often add a variety of other salad greens or raw vegetables such as brocolli, shreaded carrots, and colorful bell peppers. I also frequently use other vinegars for a different taste. It's really good with red wine vinegar, raspberry balsamic or just plain ol' apple cider vinegar. It's, of course, 1000 times better with home-grown vegetables.

Alright DooDahs!

I'll start with what I had last night.

Hamburger steak.

1 1/4 lbs ground chuck (Product of USA)
    Canned mushrooms (small)
    Mushroom gravy mix
    Baby swiss from the deli counter

Velveeta Shells and Cheese

Rolls

Form the meat into 4 patties, press flat. Cook in a large skillet until well done. Prepare the mushroom gravy according to package directions about 5 minutes before your meat is done. Drain fat from hamburger steaks. Drain canned mushrooms, pour over patties, pour gravy over patties. Simmer on low heat covered, turning occasionally. Start Shells and Cheese. The meat is done when the pasta is done.

Shells and Cheese - see package

Rolls - see package

Enjoy!

Alright, Here's a real easy one that everyone just love love loves!

Easy Crunchy Onion Chicken

1lb bnls skinless chicken breasts
    Lg. can french fried onions
    1 egg beaten

Crush fried onions in gallon plastic bag
    Dip chicken in egg and coat with onion crumbs
    Bake 20 min in 400 degree oven or until done

and Yummy! enjoy!
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

This is my favorite dessert ever! I have it on my birthdays instead of cake.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie

Ingredients:
    1 cup of sugar
    1/2 cup of flour
    1/2 cup of chocolate chips
    1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
    1/2 cup of chopped pecans
    3/4 cup of coconut
    2 eggs
    1 stick of butter
    1 tablespoon of vanilla
    Pie shell (preferably graham cracker)

- Mix the flour the sugar together.
    - Beat the eggs in a bowl
    - Melt the butter in a bowl (microwave)
    - Pour the eggs and butter in with the flour/sugar and mix well
    - Add the chips, pecans, and coconut and mix well
    - Pour into the pie shell
    - Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes

It's best to let it cool for about 10 minutes so it won't be too soupy. Enjoy!

Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup cocoa
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup chopped pecans, divided (I needed more than this for the dipping part)
    1 tablespoon sugar (more of this, too)
    1 (9 ounce) package chewy caramels in milk chocolate (I used rollo candies for this)

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating well.

Combine flour, cocoa, and soda; add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover cookie dough and refrigerate 1 hour.

Combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside. Gently press 1 tablespoon cookie dough around each candy, forming a ball. Dip one side of cookie in pecan mixture. Place, pecan side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. (Cookies will look soft.). Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool. (I had to let them cool longer than a minute on the sheets - I use insulated cookie sheets and I let them stay on there for a while because the caramel is so hot that it falls out the bottom of the cookie if you put them onto the wire racks too soon.) Yield: 4 dozen.

If you are a fan of cabbage rolls, here's the best recipe I've ever tasted

Sarma

4qts water
    1 1/2 t salt
    1 lg head cabbage
    1 lb sauerkraut
    2 T olive oil
    1 C chopped onion
    2 t. minced garlic
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1/4 C uncooked rice
    1 t fresh lemon juice
    1/2 t rosemary
    1/2 t paprika
    1/4 C dry white wine
    1/2 C tomato puree

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
    1. Bring water to boil in 6-8qt pot. Stir in 1 t. salt.
    2. Remove 16 leaves from cabbage head. Trim the leaves of core.
    3. Blanche the leaves in batches in boiling water for 3-5 min, or until they are supple. Remove and drain the leaves.
    4. Drain the sauerkraut juice
    5. Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute onions over low-med. heat for 2 min. Add garlic and gr. beef. Saute for 3 min while breaking up meat clumps.
    6. Add rice, lemon juice, rosemary, paprika, 1/2 C of sauerkraut and remaining salt. Vigorously mix the ingreds. for about 1 min. Let cool.
    7. Place appx. 2 rounded T. of meat in each leaf. Wrap the leaf around filing, envelope style.
    8. Place a 1/2" layer of sauerkraut on bottom of casserole dish. Arrange sarma seam side down on top of sauerkraut. Cover with sauerkraut.
    9. Mix wine and puree and pour over sauerkraut.
    10. Cover casserole tightly and bake for 1 hr.

Enjoy
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Go to www.AllRecipes.com

Learn to use their site.

Sort your recipe results by "Top 20" and "Ranking"

Sort comments for individual recipes by "Most Helpful" and read them before you cook.

Natalie and I have had some really awesome stuff on there when searching this way. You just know a recipe is going to rock when it's a 5 or even 4 star with 1853 reviews.

Here are some of our favorites:

"Worlds Best Lasagna"
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-...na/Detail.aspx

"Delicious Ham and Potato Soup"
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicio...up/Detail.aspx
    (This is really good with this asparagus recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asparag...an/Detail.aspx)

"Bills Sausage Gravy and Biscuits"
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bills-S...vy/Detail.aspx

"Chicken Pot Pie IX"
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken...IX/Detail.aspx

"Seven Layer Dip"
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Seven-L...ip/Detail.aspx
    (This is like a $20 taco dip, but you'll be getting the most compliments)

Yummmm!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone have a link to the thread with the crepe recipe? I can't seem to find it and I want to make it right now

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=180667
    Last edited by brandon; 03-12-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Two of the world's easiest party recipes:

1 Jar Marshmallow Creme
    1 package of cream cheese

Mix well - dip fruits in it. It's awesome.

Recipe #2:

2 packages of cream cheese
    2 cans Hormel Chili (no beans)
    1 Pkg Shredded Taco Mix (or sharp cheddar) cheese

In a casserole or baking dish, spread cream cheese, then chili, then top with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with salsa chips, tostitos, Doritos, fritos....whatever is on sale.

Where were you people when we did the Ron Paul Recipes web site and printed 50,000 fliers of this info last Thanksgiving????

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Where were you people when we did the Ron Paul Recipes web site and printed 50,000 fliers of this info last Thanksgiving????

-t
    Oh wow, I had no idea! missed that one
    I definitely would have contributed tangent. sorry
    ~Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

-t
    I am totally sorry! I missed it, I guess. So many threads, so little time.

An oldie but goodie:

Recipe for "Dr. Paul's American Pie"

Ingredients:

1 tbsp Free Speech
    1 cup of Federal Fiscal Responsibility
    1 entire box of "Bring The Boys Back Home" brand Troop Redeployment
    a dash of Secure Borders
    2 legs of an unregulated, free-ranging Internet
    a pinch of Habeas Corpus
    10 measures of Bill of Rights
    and 1 big, heaping cup of Constitution

Instructions:

Preheat country by voting for Ron Paul in the Republican primaries.

Take a "big 'ol mess" of Income Taxes, separate the personal tax from the corporate tax and discard the personal. (This only works if you remembered to put in the entire box of "Bring The Boys Back Home." - Don't leave any extra laying around anywhere.) Always follow Founding Father's instructions carefully, and read their warning label: "Avoid entangling alliances, allow peaceful commerce with all."

Combine the ingredients in a big melting pot, reducing any extra government waste & pork fat as you go, and mix throughly with a little extra personal research and wisdom. Whatever you do, don't let the T.V. distract you while cooking!

Finally, add a dash of hope and prayer, to taste.

If you need more help or instructions preparing this, just google "Ron Paul" on the Internet, and you'll find lots of useful information.

Simmer patiently. Yes, it does take a while to prepare, but it is worth the wait... Dr. Paul's American Pie recipe is Mmmmm-Mmmm, Good! (And it is good FOR you, too.)

This dish is traditionally enjoyed with a nice warm cup of Liber-Tea.

Serves 300 Million... With plenty for everyone to get their fair slice of the pie for a change!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Corn Pudding

3 eggs, slightly beaten
    ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 green pepper, chopped
    1 17 oz can cream style corn
    1 17 oz can whole kernel corn, undrained
    1 8 ½ oz package cornbread mix

Combine first 7 ingredients; stir well. Pour into well greased shallow 2 qt casserole. Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until set.

Banana French Toast

1 c. milk
    1T melted butter
    ½ t salt
    1 T vanilla
    2 eggs
    1 lb or 2 small very ripe bananas
    4 slices white bread (dried out)
    Oil for frying

Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Mash bananas with fork; add to milk mixture. Soak bread in mixture; fry until golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon for added punch!

Squash Casserole

3 cups cooked yellow squash
    2 large eggs
    ½ cup crushed cracker crumbs
    ¼ cup butter
    grated cheese
    1 small onion, grated
    ½ t salt
    ¼ cup milk
    1 green pepper, chopped

Saute onion and green pepper in butter. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased baking dish. Sprinkle with more cracker crumbs and grated cheese. Bake in 375º oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Shred Head, Butter and Bread

½ stick unsalted butter
    ½ cup pulverized seasoned croutons
    1 t caraway seeds
    1 small head cabbage, shredded
    t salt
    t sugar

Bring water to a boil, add salt and sugar. Add shredded cabbage. Melt butter in skillet, add caraway seeds – heat until it smells nutty. Stir in croutons.

Drain cabbage WELL. Pour dressing over, stir and serve. (From Alton Brown)

Carrots with Bacon and Onion

1 pound carrots, scraped and sliced
    3 slices bacon (with extra for Billy to nibble while I’m cooking)
    1 small onion, chopped
    3 T brown sugar
    Pepper to taste

Cook carrots, covered, in boiling water until crisp tender; drain.

Cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving one tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.

Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add brown sugar, pepper, and carrots; cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Makes 4 servings.

Goldie’s Broccoli Cheese Casserole
    1 cup rice, cooked according to package directions
    2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
    1 stick butter or margarine
    1 jar Cheese Whiz
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of broccoli soup

Mix rice and broccoli together. Add butter, cheese whiz, and soups. Pour into greased casserole dish, bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Maggie’s Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 cup margarine, softened

½ cup butter, softened

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

3 cups sugar

dash of salt

2 teaspoons vanilla

6 large eggs

3 cups flour (plain or cake)

Combine margarine, butter, cream cheese, and sugar; beat well. Add salt and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and mix well.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.

Place pan in a cold oven and set at 275°. Bake for 1 ½ hours or until tester inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan.

Millie's Chili

2 – 3 lbs ground beef
    2 large or 3 medium onions, chopped
    Bacon grease (2 tablespoons or so)
    1 small or ½ large bell pepper, chopped
    1 rib celery, chopped
    1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
    1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
    16 oz beef broth
    ½ cup to ¾ cup white wine
    ¼ cup to ½ cup strong black coffee
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon Tabasco (less/more to taste)
    The spice blend – in no particular order:

Chili powder
    Mexican Hot Chili powder
    Oregano
    Cumin
    Garlic
    Cayenne
    Black pepper
    Salt
    Basil
    Paprika
    Coriander

Cook ground beef in skillet, crumble and drain, reserving liquid/fat.

Secret number one: Heat bacon grease in large pot, I use 6 qt enamel coated cast iron for this. Add 2 tablespoons of the liquid/fat from the beef. Add onions. Cook until onions start to brown and there is some yummy brownings on the bottom of your pot. When that point is reached, pour in half the beef broth. Stir gently, dissolve all the yummy brownings into the broth.

Add the chopped pepper and celery. Add the tomatoes.

Secret number two: Add white wine (tomatoes have flavor compounds that are only soluble in alcohol, and the wine releases that yumminess).

Add the coffee, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the spice mix. Add beef. Add remaining beef broth to get consistency right. Stir, bring to gentle boil, turn down heat and let it cook for an hour or three, stirring every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Go to www.AllRecipes.com

Learn to use their site.
    One of my favorites from that site:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Curry-C...mp/Detail.aspx

I serve it with coconut rice (rice cooked in half coconut milk and half water, once it is done I stir in toasted coconut and toasted slivered almonds.)

REALLY good stuff.

Had to add this one, too - another of my favorites from that site:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brazili...lk/Detail.aspx

I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Oh, and when you use turmeric, be aware that it DOES stain things yellow!
    Last edited by MsDoodahs; 03-12-2009 at 12:48 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDoodahs View Post
    One of my favorites from that site:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Curry-C...mp/Detail.aspx

I serve it with coconut rice (rice cooked in half coconut milk and half water, once it is done I stir in toasted coconut and toasted slivered almonds.)

REALLY good stuff.

Had to add this one, too - another of my favorites from that site:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brazili...lk/Detail.aspx

I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Oh, and when you use turmeric, be aware that it DOES stain things yellow!
    Those both look good!

Kotin's Sunday Scalloped Potatoes:

Slice Potatoes thin or thick as you like

dice 2 whole onions

in food processor or blender mince garlic cloves with Extra Virgin Olive Oil until good thick oil is created

In a Bowl: mix Grated Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese, Onions, couple spoon fulls of Campbell's Cream of Cheese, Chicken Stock, Salt and pepper , and the Garlic Oil.

in a pan: oil the bottom and begin stacking the first layer of sliced potatoes, add cheese mixture after each layer of potatoes.

cover in foil and bake on 400 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

this is my own personal recipe and I love it. its easy, delicious, and filling.

will take you 20-30 minutes to prepare tops..

enjoy!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Pizza:

One telephone or cell phone
    One phone book or flyer to a local pizza establishment
    One $20 Bill

Use the telephone and lightly sprinkle the phone number onto the phone itself. Answer the questions. Let sit for 30 minutes.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Here are some of my family's favorite comfort foods.

Sausage, Potato, Broccoli Soup

2 lbs bulk sausage
    4 lg baking potatoes
    1 lb block Velveeta cheese (cubed)
    4 cans cream of mushroom soup
    4 (14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
    1 (20 oz) bag frozin chopped broccoli
    salt and pepper to taste

Brown and drain sausage. Scrub taters and cut into bite-size pieces. Cut cheese into large chunks. Put sausage, potatoes, and cheese into 8qt stockpot.
    In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and chicken broth. Pour into stockpot. Cook until potatoes are almost tender, stirring often so it doen't stick to bottom. Add broccoli and continue to cook till vegetables are tender and soup is hot. Season to taste. Recipe can be halved easily.

Confetti Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1/2 lb ground pork sausage
    1 C. stuffing mix
    2 eggs
    1/2 C. milk
    1 C chopped peppers (red, orange, green, yellow)
    1 med. onion, chopped
    2 T fresh or dried parsely
    1 C ketchup
    1 1/2 t salt
    1 t pepper

Mix all ingreds and form in a long rectangular loaf; place in 9x13" pan. Bake for 1 hr at 350 degrees F or until meat is no longer pink.
    Last edited by kaleidoscope eyes; 03-13-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    ~Lao-tzu

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

Ingredients:
    • Peanut Butter
    • Jelly
    • Bread

Instruments:
    • A butter knife
    • A paper plate
    • Napkins
    • Toothpick(s)

Instructions:
    1. Use butter knife to spread peanut butter on one slice of bread, and place on paper plate.
    2. Use napkin to wipe excess peanut butter from butter knife.
    3. Use butter knife to spread jelly on the other slice of bread, and wipe off excess jelly with napkin.
    4. Put the two pieces of bread together on paper plate to form a sandwich. (You may also feel free to slice the sandwich in halves or quarters, at your discretion.)
    5. Say grace.
    6. Pick up sandwich from paper plate, and place into your mouth, making sure you chew it several times before swallowing.
    7. Continue process until sandwich is gone.
    8. Put away ingredients and instruments, and clean up any mess which you've made.
    9. Use a toothpick to get particles of sandwich from between your teeth, and brush as necessary.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Ingredients:
    • Peanut Butter
    • Jelly
    • Bread

Instruments:
    • A butter knife
    • A paper plate
    • Napkins
    • Toothpick(s)

Instructions:
    1. Use butter knife to spread peanut butter on one slice of bread, and place on paper plate.
    3. Use butter knife to spread jelly on the other slice of bread, and wipe off excess jelly with napkin.
    4. Put the two pieces of bread together on paper plate to form a sandwich. (You may also feel free to slice the sandwich in halves or quarters, at your discretion.)
    5. Say grace.
    6. Pick up sandwich from paper plate, and place into your mouth, making sure you chew it several times before swallowing.
    8. Put away ingredients and instruments, and clean up any mess which you've made.
    9. Use a toothpick to get particles of sandwich from between your teeth, and brush as necessary.
    Wow! That sounds really good, I'm gonna try that for lunch today!

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Ingredients:
    • Peanut Butter
    • Jelly
    • Bread

Instruments:
    • A butter knife
    • A paper plate
    • Napkins
    • Toothpick(s)

Instructions:
    5. Say grace.
    You left out:

1 Glass Cold (organic) Milk

After taking first bite of sandwich, wash down with sip of (organic) milk
    Then repeat, until sandwich and milk are gone.
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

Wink Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil

This is a simple one.

If you are preparing for 1 person this is basically it:

1/3 of box of pasta (ziti preferably but not required).
    6 cloves garlic
    4 to 5 Tablespoons Olive oil
    I teaspoon butter

Boil water for pasta, once boiling thorw in pasta, cook for 7 minutes

2 minutes before pasta is done

Slice (dont chop) Garlic
    Heat Olive oil in saute pan low heat, once heated toss in butter
    Once melted, toss in garlic and saute until it starts to just turn brown. Dont let it get too brown.

Remove garlic and oil from flame, and drain pasta.

Toss garlic and oil onto pasta.
    Sprinkle with Parmesan, a little pepper, and thats it.

So simple even I cant F--K it up.
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My lab "Maybe" killed one of our new-to-the-farm laying hens - that my wife just picked up from the coop!! ---however...GOOD NEWS..... like Dale Carnegie says, "When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade". In this case I made Chicken enchiladas!! ...After scalding, plucking, and gutting of course.

I got this recipe from ALLrecipes.com. Except I added a half can(small) of tomato paste, black pepper, 1/2 onion (chopped) and a big dash of cumin. Also it needed 10 medium tortillas instead of 6 large.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 1 tablespoon butter
    * 1/2 cup chopped green onions
    * 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
    * 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    * 1/2 cup sour cream
    * 1 1/2 cups cubed chicken breast meat (I used 1 whole fresh butchered, boiled, and shredded laying hen)
    * 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
    * 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
    * 1/4 cup milk

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
    2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
    3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
    4. In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

It turned out really delicious.. Try it you'll like it! Yumm Yumm.

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

I'm about to make this, so ...

Coconut Poke Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
    1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk - this stuff is in the liquor section)
    1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
    1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut

Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.

Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.

An original from the wifey and one of our favorites around the house....

"Rainbow Pepper Pasta"
    Ingredients:
    1. 1 Bulb Garlic (diced)
    2. 1 bag of whole wheat pasta (penne)
    3. 3 bell peppers (assorted colors) (chopped)
    4. 1 can of chichi beans (chickpeas) (strained and rinse well)
    5. 1 can of diced tomatoes (Strained, no extra water)
    6. 1 cup of diced parsley
    7. 1 white onion (diced)

Steps:
    1. sautee garlic on medium in olive oil (of course) and some red pepper flakes (optional add a few fennel seeds)
    2. when garlic becomes translucent, add in onion
    3. when onion i translucent, add in chichi beans
    4. sautee chichi bean mix for a few minutes
    5. Add can of tomatoes (salt and pepper to taste) (optional: cayanne and white pepper)
    6. Add pasta to boiling water
    7. Add bell peppers to the sautee mix
    8. When pasta is done cooking, stir it into sautee mix and remove from heat.
    9. Let it stand for a few minutes while stirring
    10. Mix in parsley once it has cooled a bit
    11. Mix in some romano or parmigiana cheese
    12. Serve.....

Spinach/Bacon/Chicken Salad

1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
    1 lb of bacon, fried and crumbled: reserve about half the drippings!
    handful of roasted garlic cloves
    2 poached skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    sliced black olives
    Fontina cheese, grated

Divide spinach into 4 bowls

Mix crumbled bacon, chicken meat, red bell pepper, onion, and black olives. Divide into quarters, put one quarter onto each bowl of spinach. Sprinkle on fontina cheese.

Heat reserved bacon drippings in skillet; drop roasted garlic cloves into hot bacon grease and mash with a fork. Swirl skillet to distribute garlic around; pour about a quarter onto each salad.

BBQ chicken salad

2 poached skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1 large red bell pepper, diced
    1/2 red onion, diced
    1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
    1/4 cup barbeque sauce
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Mix it all together, oh goodness, very yummy!

I diced everything up fine except the corn. I put the corn into a clean kitchen towel and squeezed the excess liquid out of it. I tossed in some black olives and some roasted garlic cloves and diced that up with the other veggies. I also used more mayo and bbq sauce, too - I don't like dry chicken salads.

Here's an easy one we discovered when we were trying to increase our yttrium intake:

Organic cabbage
    onions and/or garlic
    pastured pork sausage
    red pepper
    pine nuts

Start by browning the sausage crumbles on medium heat.
    Gently saute cabbage and onions in the melted pork fat (we supplement with some of our own Raw milk butter) just until it is no longer crispy, but not until it is soggy.
    Season with salt, red pepper and pine nuts (or shredded almonds)

It is important that the cabbage is organic because you want adequate sugars in it in order to caramelize.
    The key to this one is simplicity. You can experiment with other ingredients, but it is best with just a handful of flavors.
    It is virtually a complete meal by itself, ready in around ten minutes.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast