Thread: CNN cuts off Cpl. Jesse Thorsen, Ron Paul lets him finish

CNN cuts off Cpl. Jesse Thorsen, Ron Paul lets him finish

Video from last night. That room was electric.

For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great moment! Glad he got to finish.

Something tells me Jesse is going to get a lot of flack for speaking there. The military tells everyone in their ranks, not to talk to the media. They told us that back in the 60s.

Wow that brought tears to my eyes.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Something tells me Jesse is going to get a lot of flack for speaking there. The military tells everyone in their ranks, not to talk to the media. They told us that back in the 60s.
    As a DoD contractor who interacts with AD military & military retirees on a daily basis, I can tell you that they would support Cpl. Thorsen. I can see high ranking individuals with ties to the Military Industrial Complex creating more of a fuss than fellow soldiers.

Edit- If you mean that he might catch flack from the higher-ups, you are correct. Not from the average soldier.
    Last edited by bronxboy10; 01-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.

And the FraudX News Channel cut the live coverage of Paul's press conference as soon as Ron brought the soldier forward to the mic and let him speak

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

But don't let them talk about something that matters.

What political activities are members of the Armed Forces permitted to do?

A member on active duty may:

Register, vote, and express a personal opinion on political candidates and issues, but not as a representative of the Armed Forces.

Promote and encourage other military members to exercise their voting franchise, if such promotion does not constitute an attempt to influence or interfere with the outcome of an election.

Join a political club and attend its meetings when not in uniform. See Directive 1334.1.

Serve as an election official, if such service is not as a representative of a partisan political party, does not interfere with military duties, is performed when not in uniform, and has the prior approval of the Secretary concerned or the Secretary's designee.

Sign a petition for specific legislative action or a petition to place a candidate's name on an official election ballot, if the signing does not obligate the member to engage in partisan political activity and is done as a private citizen and not as a representative of the Armed Forces.

Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing the member's personal views on public issues or political candidates, if such action is not part of an organized letter-writing campaign or a solicitation of votes for or against a political party or partisan political cause or candidate.

Make monetary contributions to a political organization, party, or committee favoring a particular candidate or slate of candidates, subject to the limitations under 2 U.S.C. 441a, 18 U.S.C. 607 and other applicable law.

Display a political sticker on the member's private vehicle.

Attend partisan and nonpartisan political meetings or rallies as a spectator when not in uniform.

http://www.ig.navy.mil/complaints/Co...Members%29.htm

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh yeah! Support the Troops! Vote Ron Paul 2012!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by bronxboy10 View Post
    As a DoD contractor who interacts with AD military & military retirees on a daily basis, I can tell you that they would support Cpl. Thorsen. I can see high ranking individuals with ties to the Military Industrial Complex creating more of a fuss than fellow soldiers.

Edit- If you mean that he might catch flack from the higher-ups, you are correct. Not from the average soldier.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. He was in uniform and that is what will get him in trouble.

"How about Ron Paul??"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"'

There are some rumors saying that Cpl. Jesse Thorsen will wind up getting in trouble for talking politics in military uniform...does anyone know if that is true?

http://www.armytimes.com/community/a...awyer_102008w/

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/milit...ilpolitics.htm

If it is true, we need to make sure we stand up for Cpl. Jesse Thorsen! I hope the Oathkeepers will step up as well.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

In general, having him come up in such a prime time speech was amateur hour, and the way Cpl. Jesse Thorsen completely froze up when put up there, was also a waste of prime time media. Rand should have taken that time.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are some rumors saying that Cpl. Jesse Thorsen will wind up getting in trouble for talking politics in military uniform...does anyone know if that is true?

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/milit...ilpolitics.htm

If it is true, we need to make sure we stand up for Cpl. Jesse Thorsen! I hope the Oathkeepers will step up as well.
    He will get in trouble for it no doubt.... But the one thing we can do for him is NOT TALK ABOUT IT. If it becomes a huge issue they will come down on him with all there might in order to make an example of him. If it stays quite he will probaly get off with just a article 15.

Well, if it will help keep Jesse from getting in trouble, the mods can delete any of my posts on the subject if they wish to. I don't want him to get in trouble. I was putting it out there that he might get some from the establishment for being in uniform and speaking last night.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw_wv View Post
    In general, having him come up in such a prime time speech was amateur hour, and the way Cpl. Jesse Thorsen completely froze up when put up there, was also a waste of prime time media. Rand should have taken that time.
    Disagree. I was there. Awesome moment!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually I think it is a disgrace that uniform military are forbidden to speak out, but they have no problem propping up the military to go off to undeclared wars for the establishment by saying they are fighting for our freedoms!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Calling all Oathkeepers!

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Video from last night. That room was electric.

Funny that Fox stopped broadcasting Ron Paul's speech when RP invited Jesse Thorsen up to the podium to say a few words.

It's alright, folks. He was just defending the Constitution while in uniform.

I'm guessing he knows the rules, and doesn't give a flying f*&^.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

Lotta + reps above!

A little fuzzy, but a few phone pics from last night.

Last edited by Bruno; 01-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Damn, maybe it's just as well, that CNN had their little mishap.

His second appearance was definitely - in Paul's words - at Paul's invitation, and I'm assuming his first one on CNN was also. Paul may have forgotten the rule when he asked, and he was "starstruck" and wanted to please him. He should have at least changed out of the uniform.

This probably won't be a big scandal. Paul will apologize if this gets Thorsen into trouble and everyone should accept that it was an honest mistake.

But how is this different than soldiers having been screened for being Obama supporters, to ensure sufficient cheering when he came to visit in Iraq? Maybe the issue was that the military had first ok'd it, but it sure seems like a double standard.
    Last edited by tttar; 01-04-2012 at 01:23 PM.

"Finally, participation in any radio, television or other program or group discussion as an advocate of a political party or candidate is strictly prohibited."

I sure hope someone can contact Corporal Thorsen and keep us posted. The last thing I want to see is him get reprimanded for speaking out and a grand gesture on CNN's part to cut out his interview because they were trying to protect him!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    love this guy jesse, but I'm worried about him now. A lot of people "disappear" or get killed by "friendly" fire like Pat Tillman when they oppose the Military Industrial Complex. hope he is ok, definitely a great american

This Jesse Thorsen issue raises some questions for me - well, opens my eyes is more like it. I must know: Does anyone have any youtubes or examples of ANY other rank and file military personnel on national news networks that support Ron Paul? Or is there none at all?

In other words, how far does the apparent censorship go? If Jesse is the only example ever, and it was cut off, well that's one major story..

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

But don't let them talk about something that matters.
    THIS ARTICLE LINKS DIRECTLY TO YOUR POST!!
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...soldier/47003/
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle