Thread: Omar booted of foreign affairs committee

Omar booted of foreign affairs committee

BREAKING NEWS: Republicans vote to KICK Ilhan Omar off Foreign Affairs Committee over anti-Israel comments: Chaos in the House as AOC calls it 'racism and incitement of violence against women of color' and Democrats scream 'NO'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Committee.html

The House voted on Thursday to kick Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee over her anti-Israel comments in chaotic scenes.

There was havoc on the floor of the House with Democrats screaming 'no' as Republicans completed Speaker Kevin McCarthy's bid to get the Squad member removed.

Democrats have called Omar's ejection from the panel 'revenge' after they removed Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar from their assignments.

Before the vote count was handed down, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned the GOP for the move saying it is a 'racism and incitement of violence against women of color.'

In his press conference before the vote House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries admitted Omar has used 'anti-Semitic tropes' - but questioned why Omar was being booted.

He added there had been 'no accountability' for Republicans who had put out seemingly anti-Semitic tweets.

Jeffries referenced a 2021 tweet Rep. Thomas Massie put out accusing the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) of 'foreign interference in our elections' for putting out an ad targeting him.

But Massie does not sit on the Foreign Affairs Committee - McCarthy has said that Omar would be allowed to participate in other committees but represented a 'national security concern' on this one.

Rep. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y., suggested Republicans were being racist for targeting Omar, a Muslim Somali American.

'Could it be the way she looks?' he said on the House floor to Democratic applause.

Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., echoed that suggestion.

'This about targeting women of color!' she said on the House floor ahead of the vote.

'One of the disgusting legacies of 9-11 has been the targeting and racism against Muslim Americans and this is an extension of that legacy.'

But coming out of a morning conference meeting on Wednesday, several Republican lawmakers told DailyMail.com that they're confident that the resolution would pass.

And while they mentioned her previously negative remarks about Israel, several also suggested that the move is payback for House Democrats removing two hardline right Republicans from their posts in the last Congress.

'The overwhelming number of members I talked to are - they don't feel like given her past and perhaps current views that she should have a seat on Foreign Affairs,' South Dakota Rep. Dusty Johnson said.

Omar's fellow House Foreign Affairs Committee member Rep. Andy Barr of Kentucky told DailyMail.com that's he's spoken to the congresswoman about the current situation and she has a 'right to free speech' - but not to a committee post.

'The Foreign Affairs committee involves, you know, sensitive intelligence briefings and things like that, and when it comes to our national security and when it comes to our relationship with Israel, her views have a bearing on her ability to serve on that committee,' Barr said.

Barr also pointed out that Republicans are giving Omar an avenue for 'due process' after Indiana GOP Rep. Victoria Spartz agreed to support the resolution on Tuesday night if the progressive had an avenue to appeal the decision to the House Ethics Committee.

'We are providing a process,' Barr said. 'We're providing an appeal.'

Alluding to Democrats stripping firebrand GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of her previous committee assignments over inflammatory social media posts before she joined Congress, he also said: 'We are also not kicking people off of committees because of statements that they've made before they were in Congress. These are statements she's made as a member of Congress.'

'And that is a significant distinction between what Speaker Pelosi did and what Kevin McCarthy did.'

Rep. Tom Cole, who chairs the committee that passed Tuesday night's resolution to boot Omar off of Foreign Affairs, told reporters on Wednesday morning that the full House process could start as soon as today.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy vowed retribution for the removal of Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar from their committees in the last Congress

'They were warned two years ago, 'If you do this, there will be consequences.' You're not going to, you know, deny our members committees, and kick Kevin McCarthy appointees off things like the January 6 committee while you put their political equivalents on and think there's not going to be consequences with the majority changes,' Cole said. 'Now, the chickens are coming home to roost, so to speak.'

He added, 'What I hope happens is each side learns something from this and we don't go down this road again.'

'But it's not going to be a situation where they were allowed to do that to our members, and now they don't even acknowledge what they did was a mistake, that might help,' Cole said.

Along with Greene's removal for social media activity parroting QAnon conspiracies and calling for violence against high profile Democrats, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's 117th Congress also removed Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar for posting a video depicting himself attacking progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Florida Rep. Byron Donalds incredulously asked DailyMail.com, 'Are you serious?' when questioned about why he believes Omar should be kicked off the high-profile Foreign Affairs panel.

'First of all, Congresswoman Omar - this is now the third time that issues have been made about her anti-Semitic comments. In 2019. There was a resolution brought to the House floor, specifically about her, that Nancy Pelosi watered down to just say Congress opposes anti-Semitism,' Donalds said.

'Well, of course Congress opposes anti-Semitism, but there is one member that has had this rhetorical issue, and frankly philosophical issue, for some time.

'We have our political issues here in the United States. We all know that. But Israel being our most important ally in that region has not been a point of this- of disagreement between Republicans and Democrats when it comes to foreign policy, save for one member. So why should that member continue to sit on Foreign Affairs?'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Oh the humanity.
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

Bye bye $#@!.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

Gotta wonder if all that bouncing and hand waving is from a black Pentecostal Church or from a pole at the bar..

Either way the jiggling is cute if you mute the sound.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe now they'll find the courage to throw her Marxist ass out of the country as well.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Rep Talib just threw a tantrum too, but I can't figure out how to link the Rumble.

Jeffries referenced a 2021 tweet Rep. Thomas Massie put out accusing the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) of 'foreign interference in our elections' for putting out an ad targeting him.
    Being critical of what the nation of Israel does, is not anti-semitism. I don't know how difficult that is to understand.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Semitism
    Semitism
    noun
    Sem·​i·​tism ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm
    a
    : Semitic character or qualities
    b
    : a characteristic feature of a Semitic language occurring in another language
    : policy or predisposition favorable to Jews
    Based on this definition you could say that being against positive and negative discrimination it would automatically make you an anti-semite ? I'm not sure that dictionary concept is that well thought out... Idk, this is just an interesting afterthought.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 02-02-2023 at 03:00 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Rep Talib just threw a tantrum too, but I can't figure out how to link the Rumble.
    See HOW-TO: Embedding Rumble videos

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Being critical of what the nation of Israel does, is not anti-semitism. I don't know how difficult that is to understand.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Semitism

Based on this definition you could say that being against positive and negative discrimination it would automatically make you an anti-semite ? I'm not sure that dictionary concept is that well thought out... Idk, this is just an interesting afterthought.
    Meh, I don't give a $#@! what she says about the Chosen Ones.

She's a Marxist $#@!, in the country illegally on ginned up immigration papers.

I couldn't find it by searching Rumble. But I found it on this comedy channel.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...91245606289408

I don't think that was why she burst into tears. I think it was because her time expired and she had to shut up. Her voice was perfectly steady until the gavel came down.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-02-2023 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meh, I don't give a $#@! what she says about the Chosen Ones.

She's a Marxist $#@!, in the country illegally on ginned up immigration papers.
    I think everyone should be able to say everything they want, so no issue there.

I'm much more interested in the intent people have. I don't know about her immigration papers but I've seen some questionable stuff she has said. Politics has become drama since everything is on camera, AOC isn't as crazy as she appears, the people are, and this is what they will vote for (AOC). At least some sizeable portion of the population. Would you go along with that to some degree ?

Instead of actors becoming politicians, politicians have become actors. - Luctor et Emergo (idk if that's already coined somewhere)
    "I am a bird"

Maybe she'll get shipped off to her country of origin after this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...07230652489730

Look at AOC's reaction.

Peak Clown World

Really - watch it. Try to imagine how absurd it's going to be first. You'll still be amazed.

Jewish space lasers?

Is that what the Jews are up to these days?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Lets consider flaws in the entire process here , Foreign born people dont need to be holding federal offices , dont need to be on foreign committees and congress shouldnt still be doling out foreign aid to any countries. american citizens in these $#@!hole cities need to think about electing some people who dont hate america , ideas of economic freedom etc. . There is so much fail here it could ruin the flavor of a good cup of coffee in the morning.
    Do something Danke