Thread: Only 5.7% of Americans Say Israel Is the Top Meddler in US Elections

Only 5.7% of Americans Say Israel Is the Top Meddler in US Elections

Only 5.7% of Americans Say Israel Is the Top Meddler in US Elections

Skepticism about lobbying for foreign government "relationships"

by Grant Smith Posted on July 15, 2019 Mainstream news coverage of foreign government influence on U.S. elections has been extensive since allegations first surfaced about Russian interference in the 2016 presidential race. According to a new poll, a solid 60.0% majority of Americans now believe Russia is the single top meddler in US elections, followed by China (16.4%) and the United Kingdom (7.1%).

Despite little warranted media coverage, a surprising 5.7% of Americans believe Israel is the single biggest "meddler" in US elections. Why might a swath of voting-age Americans as numerous as the population of the state of New York believe such a thing? One reason may be that nearly half do not appear to believe there is any difference between groups like the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) that claim to lobby for closer foreign government "relations" versus organizations directly lobbying on behalf of foreign governments.
    IRmep Poll: Which country do you believe meddles the most in US elections?
    Source: IRmep representative poll of 1,000 American adults fielded through Google Surveys on July 2-8Israeli entities do indeed try to meddle. In February the New Yorker reported how the Israeli private intelligence company Psy-Group pitched clandestine services to both the 2016 Trump campaign and other political campaigns. The story revealed Psy-Group even tried to rig a municipal election in California to help preserve a corrupt hospital administration contract. But the New Yorker story generated little follow up.

https://original.antiwar.com/smith-g...-us-elections/

Related

Ron Paul says politicians afraid of AIPAC

It's Even Worse Than Ilhan Omar Said: AIPAC Is the Tip of the Israel Lobby Iceberg

Flood Of Condemnations Of NYT For Antisemitic Trump Cartoon

2010:
    US Midterm Results: AIPAC Claims Win

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprising one bit.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Most people probably know it is democrats and chinese so all those russian votes are from people who watch american news just since trump beat clinton.
    Do something Danke

Not a surprise at all and all this propaganda seems to be having an effect dispute there is no evidence in Russian interference nonsense.

Mexico meddles the most in US elections. Untold millions of illegal alien invaders are now voting in our elections.

The Reagan amnesty was HUGE. Thank the Reconqista Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I guess we are lucky to see it at 5.7% in 2019, surprised it even made the cut, I'll take it. That number is going to rise once the Russia nonsense is a long forgotten memory, our endless wars remain and domestic/cultural issues continue to deteriorate.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Mexico meddles the most in US elections. Untold millions of illegal alien invaders are now voting in our elections.

The Reagan amnesty was HUGE. Thank the Reconqista Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I guess we are lucky to see it at 5.7% in 2019, surprised it even made the cut, I'll take it. That number is going to rise once the Russia nonsense is a long forgotten memory, our endless wars remain and domestic/cultural issues continue to deteriorate.
    I'd say if you toss out Russia they have the top 3 right but in the wrong order with Mexico as #4.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Nice one, the news placed all the blame on Russia.
    Lots of news here, thinking Russia is to blame, saying Russia is to blame.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people know it's not nice to blame Israel for anything.