Thread: Foreign Energy/Utility Stocks + Dividends

Question Foreign Energy/Utility Stocks + Dividends

I was hoping someone could recommend some good foreign (Europe, Asia) utility or energy stocks that pay good sized dividends (Around 10%)

I'm just starting to understand how to read a stock prospectus properly. And I can't even find any decent companies on google to investigate.

I'm actually surprised this isn't getting mentioned more as Peter Schiff recommends the bulk of a portfolio still in these investments. (Great book by the way.) Don't stop talking about gold and silver, it's all awesome info, I'm just hoping to hear more on companies to invest in.

Thank guys!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    e*trade let's you buy stocks in foreign markets. Be very careful about this though.

Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

Peter wants you to join Europac to get the information you want.

Quote Originally Posted by forsmant View Post
    Peter wants you to join Europac to get the information you want.
    I understand, and I don't want to undermine his excellent work. Like I said, I wouldn't mind doing the research myself. I just need some ideas on which ones may be ok.

Also I'm a Canadian, and I don't think Europac actually deals with Canadians.

I was looking up the last great depression, and honestly when the stock market crashed in the US it was pretty much just as bad in Canada.. It's a worry for us all.

Actually on Peter's site he mentions a few Canadian companies. Natural Gas companies like HTE.

Quote Originally Posted by forsmant View Post
    Actually on Peter's site he mentions a few Canadian companies. Natural Gas companies like HTE.
    I was heavily invested in HTE from 2002-2005. However, I switched most into physical bullion because it was not worth the risk. Why move capital out of physical bullion when it is doing 30% per year in USD terms? I need to find 'safe' investments generating a 50% return to justify that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonahtrainer View Post
    I was heavily invested in HTE from 2002-2005. However, I switched most into physical bullion because it was not worth the risk. Why move capital out of physical bullion when it is doing 30% per year in USD terms? I need to find 'safe' investments generating a 50% return to justify that.
    Well I'm just trying to diversify. It makes sense to me to have a passive income as well as stock up on commodities. All of this I'm learning as quickly as I can.

I'm going to try to contact Europac anyway, but does anyone have any other European or Asian utility stocks that they know of? I can't even find a list of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sirellyn View Post
    Well I'm just trying to diversify. It makes sense to me to have a passive income as well as stock up on commodities. All of this I'm learning as quickly as I can.

I'm going to try to contact Europac anyway, but does anyone have any other European or Asian utility stocks that they know of? I can't even find a list of them.

Here some you may want to look at. I don't own them because physical bullion in allocated storage is a better place for capital in my opinion.

Investment / Symbol / Exchange
    Keppel K02 Singapore

Sofina SA be0003717312 Euronext

Right now cash is not just king it is EMPEROR. May also want to look at going long the YEN and Swiss Franc. Most of my capital is in 'cash' is in this order: physical bullion in allocated storage, NZD, AUD, CAD and YEN. Short USD, GBP and EUD.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Found what I was looking for! I should have searched through the Europac site more throughly.

Here's a listing of overseas companies:
    http://www.europac.net/dominterquotes.asp

Go to http://finance.yahoo.com
    And put the ticker symbol in the stock to find it.

Once you find it, the last two entries will show dividends and yield. If it has nothing the stock doesn't yield anything. (If you care about this at all.)

Finally I found this is a okay primer to reading a prospectus.
    http://www.sos.mo.gov/securities/pub...us_01.2005.pdf

There's a lot more to learn of course, but as always, just don't bet the farm. Very small investments to start, and plan to fail a little. Then learn, get better and move onto bigger.

I'm not a financial adviser either. But I do recommend you educate yourself.

Hope this stuff helps!