Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prominent Evangelical David Lane to Take Rand Paul To Israel

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Prominent Evangelical David Lane to Take Rand Paul To Israel

Prime time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to see this. If Rand has the backings of evangelicals, he will be unstoppable. This has nothing to do with altering philosophy but all with perception.

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/ar...ext-month.aspx

The Brody File just got an exclusive tip about an important trip Sen. Rand Paul is planning, to the Middle East.
    A top advisor to Rand Paul tells us that the Senator will travel to Israel and Jordan for the first time to meet with leaders on all sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. The trip will be privately funded, and The Brody File has learned that Senator Paul will be accompanied by Christian and Jewish leaders.

They will tour all of the major historical and cultural sites.

Meetings with Benjamin Netanyahu, Ehud Barak, Jordan's King Abdullah, Mahmoud Abbas and others have been requested.

The trip is being organized by prominent evangelical activist David Lane. It was Lane who approached Paul about touring Israel. 

Rand Paul is contemplating running for president in 2016. He's taken criticism from some who think his desire to cut foreign aid is somehow an anti-Israel position. Evangelicals are the most ardent supporters of Israel and are extremely important in the GOP Primary process. Paul's visit will be an important one that could pay dividends if he decides to run for The White House in 2016.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-30-2012 at 11:02 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

/barf
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

The game is afoot. Note this older article. Wead knows Lane and probably set this up. What this means is Randy is in fully!! He's running for president!!!

http://www.religiondispatches.org/di...ew_faithiness/

Wead's career has included, among many other things, orchestrating both Bushes' evangelical outreach (followed by a rift precipitated by his 2005 release of secretly taped conversations with George W. Bush, in which the latter admitted to marijuana use); serving as a ghostwriter for John Hagee; and coming to the defense of televangelist Kenneth Copeland while he was under investigation by the Senate Finance Committee.

If I see him at the Wailing Wall, I will NOT vote for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

If he's meeting with "leaders on all sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict", what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    I demand that Rand entrust the grassroots with a lock of his hair BEFORE he goes on this trip. That way we can do a dna comparison of Rand pre-israel and "Rand" post-israel and we can make sure they didn't replace Rand with a reptilian/clone hybrid to subvert our conservative agenda.

The Neos are probably losing their mind about this visit. Painting him as anti-Israel is not going to work at this rate. Rand is not swearing any fealty to Israel but rather is simply visiting the country.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This.

That's a strange claim. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I demand that Rand entrust the grassroots with a lock of his hair BEFORE he goes on this trip. That way we can do a dna comparison of Rand pre-israel and "Rand" post-israel and we can make sure they didn't replace Rand with a reptilian/clone hybrid to subvert our conservative agenda.
    Maybe they already did, it's too late. We can't stop them!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The Neos are probably losing their mind about this visit. Painting him as anti-Israel is not going to work at this rate. Rand is not swearing any fealty to Israel but rather is simply visiting the country.
    He already swore fealty to Israel when he talked to James Dobson. He probably will say it again. People who don't like that might as well prepare themselves for it.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That's a strange claim. Why not?
    Because that's more pandering than I can handle to one of the worst countries on the globe.

He needs the "christian" vote and we know it. Everyone please remain calm.
    I am the spoon.

Lordy, this is weird. I'm so used to seeing people like Rubio jet off to Israel immediately after winning their election, that it feels like everyone going to Israel is a sell-out.

But at the same time, if Ron Paul himself went to Israel, it wouldn't bother me one iota. No more than it would if Ron Paul visited Canada.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 11-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.

As long as he meets both sides equally and doesn't take a side in the conflict, this is good.

Personally, I'd like to see him go into Gaza and meet Haniyah. That would just blow everyone's mind.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lickin boots already. How fantastic for liberty this is

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Lickin boots already. How fantastic for liberty this is
    It certainly doesn't hurt liberty.

Rand Paul saves the peace process ?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Lickin boots already.
    Simply visiting a country automatically means you're "lickin' boots"?

This is the same Rand Paul who was bashed all over neoconservative blogs for refusing to attend Netanyahu's speech.

Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 11-30-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Rand Paul saves the peace process ?
    If by some chance he does, he will be unstoppable.

Him visiting Israel doesn't bother me. He can visit North Korea for all I care. But pandering pisses me off.

I think Rand will send a message if he gets back after this trip and still wants to cut all aid.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eagles' Wings

lol

brilliant. privately funded.
    brilliant. meeting everyone.
    brilliant. showing how it ought to be done.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Funny how this thread gets 20+ comments hating on him but the thread this morning on Rand voting for more Iran sanctions hasn't had one comment yet.

Rand will always be Rand. Calm, thoughtful and gentlemanly. He will probably reiterate to the Israelis that he supports their exercise of sovereignty to defend themselves. But will not subscribe to blank check demands since the U.S. is so hobbled by debt problems. Rand is enough of a statesman to make this point clear.

Frank, or somebody with an account on Free Republic needs to get this on there pronto!!!

Who's sending Rand an email on this request?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast