Thread: Boston considering granting voting privileges to non citizens

Exclamation Boston considering granting voting privileges to non citizens

Boston weighs giving legal, non-US citizens voting rights

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...-voting-rights

BOSTON (AP) — Non-U.S. citizens living in the country legally may one day be allowed to vote in Boston elections.

The City Council is holding a hearing Tuesday on the idea at the request of Council President Andrea Campbell. The council is considering ways to make city elections more inclusive, including allowing immigrants with legal status in the country the right to vote in municipal races.

That could include legal permanent residents, visa holders and those on Temporary Protected Status or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

Campbell’s order for a hearing says Boston has more than 190,000 foreign-born residents, which represents 28 percent of the city population. It also says non-U.S. citizens paid $116 million in state and local taxes and generated over $3.4 billion in spending according to a 2015 city report.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know it looks like a slippery slope but personally I think tax paying, non welfare recieving legal residents should have a say in the making decisions at the local levels.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I know it looks like a slippery slope but personally I think tax paying, non welfare recieving legal residents should have a say in the making decisions at the local levels.
    All you have to do is show up?

The problem with that is it will be impossible to keep it confined to just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    The problem with that is it will be impossible to keep it confined to just that.
    Tax payers or local municipalities? or both?

Most Amerikunts are dim-witted statists of one stripe or another, regardless of ethnicity, age, class, wealth or sex, some more (or much more) than others of course, but that's a pretty universal statistic.

I am therefore opposed to anything that allows these same dimwits power to control my life through the voting process.

Edit to clarify: Any measure that gives these dimwits even more power over my life through the voting process.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-09-2018 at 12:54 PM.

I'm sure some will devour the red meat peddled by Bill the Butcher here, but I'm more posting for Boss Tweed's comment... "VOTES".

Inclusive my ass. It's about securing majorities, and it always has been.

Anyway... stick your vote up your rear-end, the lot of ya. And that's coming from the descendant of IRISH and ITALIAN IMMIGRANTS.

Tax payers or local municipalities? or both?
    Non-citizens confining their vote to local elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it's treason then...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Voting is a natural born right that belongs to every American

And immigrants aint Americans
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I imagine Boston , like Philadelphia , Chicago and Cleveland has been granting unlimited voting to democrats for decades .
    Do something Danke

Dogs and cats should be able to vote too. Govt effects their lives, and they deserve a say.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Dogs and cats should be able to vote too. Govt effects their lives, and they deserve a say.
    Yes, but only American pure-breeds
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There is a cultural problem because we have been taught that non citizens shouldn't vote...

“There is a cultural problem because we have been taught that rabbits are cute pets,” Urban Agriculture Minister Freddy Bernal said during a televised broadcast with Maduro this week. “A rabbit is not a pet; it’s two and a half kilos (5.5 pounds) of meat that is high in protein, with no cholesterol.”