Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Bannon's Libertarian more than anything else

Trump: Bannon's Libertarian more than anything else

No wonder he's irritating a few peeps at the White House....lol.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ere-trump-says

President Donald Trump on Monday dismissed widespread reports that his administration is riven by discord, saying he is sticking by his polarizing chief strategist, Steve Bannon, calling him a “very decent guy” who is*getting a “bad rap.”

Trump even revealed his own term for Bannon’s ideology: "alt-left," a play on Bannon’s ties to the nationalist conservative movement sometimes called the alt-right.

Why alt-left?*“Bannon’s more of a libertarian than anything else, if you want to know the truth,” Trump said Monday during an interview with Bloomberg News in the Oval Office.

Trump’s playful approach to the former chief of Breitbart News -- perhaps the biggest target of liberal fury -- and his other comments about his staff suggest that a widespread shakeup of his inner circle is unlikely in the near future. *

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Trump can define the word libertarian I'll eat my shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Trump's been around for 70+ years and spent a lot of time in the upper echelons of society and politics, I'm sure Trump knows the general difference between the various parties.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Trump's been around for 70+ years and spent a lot of time in the upper echelons of society and politics, I'm sure Trump knows the general difference between the various parties.
    I'm sure Trump defines political parties, ideologies, and persons purely in terms of how much they stroke his ego.

If the reanimated corpse of Lenin agreed that Trump's inaugural crowd was the largest ever, Trump would say he's a "terrific person."

...I fear that you may not have fully plumbed the depths of Mencken's wisdom; we are dealing with actual imbeciles (it was not a metaphor).

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Trump watches a lot of TV and Bill Maher used to repeatedly call himself a Libertarian, so Trump thinks an actual Libertarian is just like Bill?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Trump wouldn't know a libertarian if he was trying to use eminent domain to take his house.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

There are some things I like about Bannon, but isn't it...
    Steve Bannon Dismisses Austrian Economics
    https://mises.org/blog/steve-bannon-...rian-economics
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

You guys missed the memo, I think there a widespread memo that has gone out to demonize and bastardise libertarian ideology. Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he labels people libertarians with his neoprogressive ideology it's just him labeling something as bad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Inb4 progressives blame Trunp's administration's failures on libertarian policy.

A guy who says that the country should throw $1T dollars in goverment stimulus against the wall and see what sticks is not a libertarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

No you won't.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sting-Thoughts
    Last edited by dannno; 05-01-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No you won't.
    That's true, of course.

...but this is your problem.

Dear Leader is a retard.

That's true, of course.

Dear Leader is a retard.
    Who you swore up and down could not get elected.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    A guy who says that the country should throw $1T dollars in goverment stimulus against the wall and see what sticks is not a libertarian.
    What do you think about Massie?

//

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Who you swore up and down could not get elected.
    Right, I underestimated the extent to which the general population might vote for a retard.

Mea culpa

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Trump watches a lot of TV and Bill Maher used to repeatedly call himself a Libertarian, so Trump thinks an actual Libertarian is just like Bill?
    Are we going to define Libertatian by the last election and Gary Johnson?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Right, I underestimated the extent to which the general population might vote for a retard.

Mea culpa
    Retard? Nah. He gives Boobus what he wants-a relatable character. One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb. Acting dumb, sure. The Donald is playing the media and opposition like a $#@!ing fiddle. It's troll genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb.
    One gets to be Donald Trump by being Fred Trump's son.

That and the bankruptcy laws.

Absent those, "Don" would be picking cotton to pay off his civil liability.

...right where he belongs (i.e. someone's ******).

Retard? Nah. He gives Boobus what he wants-a relatable character. One doesn't get to be Donald Trump by being dumb. Acting dumb, sure. The Donald is playing the media and opposition like a $#@!ing fiddle. It's troll genius.
    Ah yes, 4D chess. Yeah we've heard about it. Real genius.

That's true, of course.

Dear Leader is a retard.
    hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was? Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was? Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum
    It takes 100,000 hours to "master" something. I would consider Trump a master salesman, I said as much before.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    hehe, remember when people on this forum were arguing how high his IQ was?

Some people dared to say it was greater than 80. Those were the innocent days on the forum
    Scratch Human Action into gold plates (lead will do too) and bury it in the mountains.

Aliens might one day think we're not total $#@!s.

I'm kidding....(?)

Acting dumb? why do people assume that he is acting dumb when he has been this was for a long time? His mannerism, his very remedial verbal and vocabulary skills are the qualities that make him dumb and it is hard to fake that for as long as he has supposedly been faking it. Its one thing to make the argument that what we are witnessing is genius, its a whole different thing to believe it is all an act.

Pretending to be a conservative, white nationalist is the act, his stupidity is all him.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I would consider Trump a master salesman
    If I owned a Hyundai dealership, I would definitely make Trump my #1 salesman.

...and we'd meet the 1st of every month for a celebratory meal at Friday's.

(substantial flair would be required)

...at which I'd tell him to sell more, or I'd find another sales bitch - dime a dozen.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

In Mordor on the Potomac, Bannon is probably a libertarian in that he may as well be a pink elephant among those wolves. Accurate statement. Want to deconstruct the administrative state? He passes the grade.

I'm sure Trump defines political parties, ideologies, and persons purely in terms of how much they stroke his ego.

If the reanimated corpse of Lenin agreed that Trump's inaugural crowd was the largest ever, Trump would say he's a "terrific person."

...I fear that you may not have fully plumbed the depths of Mencken's wisdom; we are dealing with actual imbeciles (it was not a metaphor).
    Yea but none of what you said means anything in real life in terms of knowing the difference between the top 3 biggest political parties in the country.

Trolling aside, I will give Trump benefit of the doubt that he can differentiate a republican and a libertarian. Its completely unreasonable to assume that he wouldn't, thin skinned or not.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Dear Leader is a retard.
    Wasn't this always the case?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast