Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Al Franken Accused of Groping, Forcibly Kissing Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [/FONT]...

“Only two people have come forward, and people are saying that this is a right-wing conspiracy,” she said. “It’s not. I’m a liberal person. ... I voted for him after this happened.
    o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Arianna is actually defending him saying it was all in good fun, no biggy. It's the reporter Emily Smith making a thing out of it.
    My guess is Arianna does not complain when you lay the wood to her , even if you are a bum from minnesota .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread but am I the only person who thought he was gay?
    Well , the young boys may tell all later .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    o_O
    The communist party in minnesota is the most loyal. Right there with California and illinois .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-more-...001020750.html
    Huffington Post reported:

The first woman ... said Franken groped her when they posed for a photo after a June 25, 2007, event hosted by the Minnesota Women’s Political Caucusin Minneapolis.

The second woman told HuffPost that Franken cupped her butt with his hand at a 2008 Democratic fundraiser in Minneapolis, then suggested the two visit the bathroom together. ...
    “My immediate reaction was disgust, ... I was excited to be there and to meet him. And so to have that happen really deflated me. It felt like: ‘Is this really the person who is going to be in a position of power to represent our community?’” ...

The first woman wanted to tell her story because Franken is “a serial groper,” ... “people are saying that this is a right-wing conspiracy,” she said. “It’s not. I’m a liberal person. … I voted for him after this happened.”
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I voted for him after this happened.
    Would this be a good time to talk about sycophancy?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17 Democratic senators call for Al Franken to resign

https://www.yahoo.com/news/female-democratic-senators-call-al-franken-resign-165041120.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/female-democratic-senators-call-al-franken-resign-165041120.html
    Looks like he may be stepping down tomorrow. If so then good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

They want Franken out before the Roy Moore vote next week, so they can make the case that Moore can not be a Senator. Franken will take one for the team. His replacement will be another Democrat, so they aren't worried about that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They want Franken out before the Roy Moore vote next week, so they can make the case that Moore can not be a Senator. Franken will take one for the team. His replacement will be another Democrat, so they aren't worried about that.
    That was kinda my read also.

Maybe. His seat was won in a close race. IIRC there were allegations of cheating, even. Of course the political landscape was quite different.

Set an example for Republicans to follow. Will it work though?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Set an example for Republicans to follow. Will it work though?
    Be funny if it didn't. They toss Franken overboard, Moore wins anyway, and then the GOP wins the MN seat as well. (Trump won MN..)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Be funny if it didn't. They toss Franken overboard, Moore wins anyway, and then the GOP wins the MN seat as well. (Trump won MN..)
    That would be quite the cucking.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sen. Al Franken Expected to Resign Thursday – as 23 Democrats Turn on Him

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-al-franken-expected-resign-173634169.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe. His seat was won in a close race. IIRC there were allegations of cheating, even. Of course the political landscape was quite different.
    Does the Governor pick the replacement? Governor is a Democrat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Does the Governor pick the replacement? Governor is a Democrat.
    My touchpad died which makes it a PITA to copy text but according to this page the governor appoints a temporary replacement. http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/06...r-mark-dayton/

My touchpad died which makes it a PITA to copy text but according to this page the governor appoints a temporary replacement. http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/06...r-mark-dayton/
    A special election would be held in November of 2018
    Gives them about a year to consolidate support and run as a virtual incumbent. Probably wouldn't have any competition in the Democrat Primary, but would against a GOP opponent in the General with a bit of the incumbent advantage.

I really do not think he even won .

I'm sure the DNC has it worked out. Political parties do not voluntarily lose seats because of scandal. Marion Barry is getting a statue fer Christ sakes.

Just resigned. And He sounds drunk.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?438270...s-resign&live=
    Last edited by Danke; 12-07-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?438270...s-resign&live=
    He always sounds drunk.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

and retarded.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The panel discussing this on CNN were very happy. They are saying that this will result in Roy Moore losing or never being seated in the Senate. Guess the plan is on track. Next up is weeks of MSM saying that Moore is not fit, Franken is the proof. No process required.

At first they wanted to push this off to an ethics committee, but since Roy Moore wouldn't drop out, they have to go with no process other than inciting the mobs.

Jan2017

Senate Session

Senator Al Franken (D-MN) announced he would be resigning in the coming weeks in the wake of recent allegations against him of sexual misconduct.

They are covering themselves for after the Moore election - getting it both ways quite the strategy.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Now Governor Mark Dayton is throwing a wrench in the works by evidently appointing a caretaker on the condition she not seek to keep the seat, which opens the seat up to the real possibility of Republican capture in 2018 (maybe by Norm Coleman, the Republican Franken defeated in 2008).

More at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/heres-...-it?yptr=yahoo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's not all, either. Taxpayers will be supporting his sorry behind for the rest of his life.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Not that I'm defending him. But what he's doing in that picture of him with the broad in the bullet-proof vest can hardly be called grabbing her breasts.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast