Thread: Tom Woods: Ep. 1493 Peter Schiff on What to Do With Your Money, and More

Tom Woods: Ep. 1493 Peter Schiff on What to Do With Your Money, and More

Peter Schiff returns to answer listener questions about Trump's economics, navigating the ups and downs of the economy, and a lot more.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting. I can listen to Peter all day.

Oh good
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Schiff, a good Austrian, is reliably right about the overall economic situation; his timing leaves much to be desired.

But who can time this thing called a market when it lives and dies entirely on the whim of central planners?

As for Tom...

...I have nothing to say to that traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Schiff, a good Austrian, is reliably right about the overall economic situation; his timing leaves much to be desired.

But who can time this thing called a market when it lives and dies entirely on the whim of central planners?

As for Tom...

Why’s that?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Why’s that?
    Why do I have nothing to say to that traitor?

...because he's a traitor (?), whom I therefore hold in total contempt.

I wouldn't piss on Tom's head if it were on fire.

Why do I have nothing to say to that traitor?

...because he's a traitor (?), whom I therefore hold in total contempt.

I wouldn't piss on Tom's head if it were on fire.
    Because he held Rand Paul’s feet to the fire more than necessary and disagreed about given political approaches or because he semi-kind-of-in-a-round-about-way supported Trump?

Ron Paul seems to still support him... even with the kind of strongly worded political disagreement with his son.

Because he held Rand Paul’s feet to the fire more than necessary and disagreed about given political approaches or because he semi-kind-of-in-a-round-about-way supported Trump?
    Because he $#@! on Rand and promoted Trump, while Rand was still in the race, before a single vote was cast.

Go back and listen to Tom's shows (which I used to follow) starting in the summer of 2015 (assuming he didn't delete them).

That little bastard built a little media empire using the name of Ron and libertarianism, and then $#@!ed us at the crucial moment.

Glenn Beck comes to mind.

Ron Paul seems to still support him... even with the kind of strongly worded political disagreement with his son.
    Ron's far too nice.

He should have politically annihilated the problematic elements of the movement on his way out.

...which he could have, because, for a short glorious period, his word was law.

It still could be; he's not dead yet.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-17-2019 at 08:56 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because he $#@! on Rand and promoted Trump, while Rand was still in the race, before a single vote was cast.

Go back and listen to Tom's shows (which I used to follow) starting in the summer of 2015 (assuming he didn't delete them).

That little bastard built a little media empire using the name of Ron and libertarianism, and then $#@!ed us at the crucial moment.

Ron's far too nice.

He should have politically annihilated the problematic elements of the movement on his way out.

I did watch them. Not all of them so maybe I missed some things.

I also remember you raising the point then.

I was as critical of Rand Paul depending the issue and if not more.

I would chalk it up to expecting more from those who know better. Not that that is necessarily fair in a world of sound bytes and media spin.

The political approach.. well, Rand Paul had an audience. It was pretty much known that he was not going to win the nomination unless he jarred a lot from slumber and ignited his true base. He was fairly plain in rhetoric.

To be fair, and maybe I’m confusing you with someone else, but weren’t you as critical of Rand Paul?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 09-17-2019 at 09:29 PM.

I did watch them. Not all of them so maybe I missed some things.

I also remember you raising the point then.

I was as critical of Rand Paul depending the issue and if not more.

I would chalk it up to expecting more from those who know better. Not that that is necessarily fair in a world of sound bytes and media spin.

The political approach.. well, Rand Paul had an audience. It was pretty much known that he was not going to win the nomination unless he jarred a lot from slumber and ignited his true base. He was fairly plain in rhetoric.

To be fair, and maybe I’m confusing you with someone else, but weren’t you as critical of Rand Paul?
    My username (r3volution 3.0) refers to the third Paul run, so, yes, you're confusing me with someone else.

The whole reason I joined this forum was to promote Rand's run, which had every chance of putting a Paul in the White House.

...before the betrayal, that is.

O well, maybe next millennium.

My username (r3volution 3.0) refers to the third Paul run, so, yes, you're confusing me with someone else.

The whole reason I joined this forum was to promote Rand's run, which had every chance of putting a Paul in the White House.

...before the betrayal, that is.

O well, maybe next millennium.
    Tom Woods cost Rand Paul the nomination?

If my memory serves right, most people were asking Rand Paul to be more categorically unforgiving in the message of liberty while he had the soap box.

Many of his responses warranted some criticism.

Tom Woods cost Rand Paul the nomination?
    No, he's not that influential: but he didn't help.

If my memory serves right, most people were asking Rand Paul to be more categorically unforgiving in the message of liberty while he had the soap box.

Many of his responses warranted some criticism.
    And then those people criticizing Rand for being impure voted for Trump.

So...

No, he's not that influential: but he didn't help.

And then those people criticizing Rand for being impure voted for Trump.

So...
    Fair enough.

However I would imagine many didn’t vote on principle.

Fair enough.

However I would imagine many didn’t vote on principle.
    I'd say you imagine correctly.

As for Tom...

We will be having hyperinflation soon. Gold will hit $5,000 an ounce. There will be a major recession next year- one which makes the Great Recession look like a walk in the park. That will happen in 2009. Or maybe 2010. For certain, 2011. No doubt- this is it. 2012. 2013 is definitely it! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We will be having hyperinflation soon. Gold will hit $5,000 an ounce. There will be a major recession next year- one which makes the Great Recession look like a walk in the park. That will happen in 2009. Or maybe 2010. For certain, 2011. No doubt- this is it. 2012. 2013 is definitely it! ......
    He addresses these criticisms in the podcast.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ron's far too nice.

Come on now, here it is 2019 and you really still believe Rand was actually making a serious effort to run for President at that point? After July he ran a simply educational campaign on police abuse and specifically catering to a minority in the opposition party. There was no serious effort to rally his base of support or Republican voters.

I agreed with Rand shedding light on the subject but get real that was not a real or serious effort to run for President, rather to educate at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Alright, buy some negative yield bonds...

You'll be in good company, with the largest and dumbest piles of money (state pension funds etc).

That trade will be extremely profitable until the supply of greater fools is exhausted.

...at which point aggressive bears will eat you up.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Come on now, here it is 2019 and you really still believe Rand was actually making a serious effort to run for President at that point? After July he ran a simply educational campaign on police abuse and specifically catering to a minority in the opposition party. There was no serious effort to rally his base of support or Republican voters.

I agreed with Rand shedding light on the subject but get real that was not a real or serious effort to run for President, rather to educate at that point.
    Rand ran a serious campaign, the third and last.

There won't be another.

So, enjoy your reality TV character politics..

Tom Woods, Alex Jones, Lew Rockwell etc. weird how Rand was thrown under the bus by his father's "friends"

Rand ran a serious campaign, the third and last.

There won't be another.

So, enjoy your reality TV character politics..
    I was not referring to his Senate campaigns and you know that. You also know that Rand only ran for President once and at the beginning it was a serious campaign.

As far as "your TV character", pfft, it was all we had and you know that as well. One reality TV character as you call it possibly lying but telling you what you want to hear in 2015/2016 vs the other campaigning in the far opposite. No viable third party options. The state of politics in this country is what it is, us poor folks not connected to the elites given little to no choices are not responsible for that as much as you like to fantasize that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Tom Woods, Alex Jones, Lew Rockwell etc. weird how Rand was thrown under the bus by his father's "friends"
    To use a phrase from the left but in this case where it actually is true, "he did this to himself". It was obvious to anyone paying attention.

I completely agree no arguments. That campaign advisor from who helped that Governor from Illinois was his downfall

Bump.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.