Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Donation Campaign For Kyle Rittenhouse

I read through their Bios a couple days ago, and they will be fighting against the State of Wisconsin.

-------------------

Lin Wood

Lin WoodLin Wood has more than 43 years of experience as a trial lawyer focusing on civil litigation, representing individuals and corporations as plaintiffs or defendants in tort and business cases involving claims of significant damage, including False Claims Act cases. Mr. Wood also has extensive experience in First Amendment/defamation litigation and management of the media in high profile cases.

On behalf of his clients, Mr. Wood has made numerous national television and radio appearances, including appearances on NBC’s The Today Show, CBS’ 60 Minutes and 60 Minutes II, Larry King Live, The Oprah Winfrey Show, ABC’s Good Morning America, CBS’ The Early Show, CNN’s American Morning, MSNBC’s The Abrams Report, Imus in the Morning and Hardball, Court TV, and the CBS, NBC and ABC evening news programs.

Mr. Wood was profiled in the cover article of the January 1998, issue of Atlanta magazine, on the July 12, 2000, broadcast of NBC’s The Today Show and in the cover article of the November 27, 2000, issue of Editor & Publisher magazine. Additionally, Mr. Wood was recognized as a Notable Georgian in the January 2002, issue of Georgia Trend magazine. Mr. Wood was profiled in the cover article of the September 2015, issue of Attorney at Law Magazine.

Mr. Wood was recognized in the August 2004, and September 2005, Atlanta Business Chronicle list of Who’s Who in Law and has been recognized from 2005 to 2015 as a Georgia Super Lawyer in Law & Politics magazine and Atlanta magazine. Mr. Wood was recognized in 2006, 2007 and 2008 as one of The Top 100 Georgia Super Lawyers in Law & Politics magazine and Atlanta magazine and was the subject of a separate profile article in Law & Politics in 2006.

Mr. Wood is the subject of an article published in the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, entitled “Suing the News Media in the Age of Tabloid Journalism: L. Lin Wood and the Battle for Accountability”.

Representative Experience

Mr. Wood has been the lead attorney in many national, high profile cases, including serving as:

lead civil attorney for the Nicholas Sandmann in matters arising out of false and defamatory reporting by the media about Mr. Sandmann in connection with the incident occurring January 2019 at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial outside the National Mall in Washington, D.C.

lead civil attorney for Vernon Unsworth in litigation arising from defamatory tweets made by Elon Musk against Mr. Unsworth, a highly respected caver whose involvement in the Thailand Cave Rescue has been described as instrumental in saving the lives of the young boys trapped in the Cave System

lead civil attorney for the late Richard Jewell in matters arising out of reporting about Mr. Jewell in connection with the 1996 bombing of Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta

lead civil attorney for Jeff Greene in libel litigation against The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald related to Mr. Greene’s 2010 campaign for the Democratic Nomination for the U.S. Senate from Florida

lead civil attorney for Sheldon Adelson in New York libel litigation against the National Jewish Democratic Council

attorney for Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain in defense of false accusation

attorney for Dr. Phil McGraw in connection with false and defamatory articles published by Newsweek, the Daily Beast and the National Enquirer

lead civil attorney in Whistleblower cases alleging Medicare fraud against DaVita, Inc. in federal court in Atlanta and against Halifax Hospital
    Medical Center in federal court in Florida

lead civil attorney for Howard K. Stern in the prosecution and defense of defamation claims arising out of the death of Anna Nicole Smith

lead trial counsel for The Estate of Martin Luther King, Jr., Inc. in connection with claims related to corporate governance

lead attorney for John and the late Patsy Ramsey and their son in matters relating to the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado, and present lead attorney for Burke Ramsey in defamation matters against CBS and Dr. Werner Spitz.

attorney for Beth Holloway in matters relating to the media coverage of the May 2005 disappearance of her daughter, Natalee Holloway, in Aruba and in a pending civil action against the National Enquirer in federal court in Alabama

attorney for Sharon Rocha in matters relating to the media coverage of the December 2002 murder of her daughter, Laci Peterson

attorney for former U.S. Congressman Gary Condit in defamation matters relating to the May 2001 abduction and murder of Chandra Levy in Washington

co-counsel for the victim in the civil actions in Colorado against Kobe Bryant

lead counsel for AirTran Airlines, Inc. in defamation litigation against the Cleveland, Ohio newspaper, The Plain Dealer

lead counsel for Esquire Deposition Services LLC in multi-state class actions dealing with billing practices

lead trial counsel for the Estate of Anna Nicole Smith in federal action for misappropriation and theft of estate property

lead trial attorney for Sun Trust Bank in litigation arising out of claims by trust beneficiaries related to an inheritance of Coca-Cola stock

lead trial attorney for Phoebe Putney Health Care System and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in the defense of 42 U.S.C. 1983 claims by a former staff physician

lead trial attorney for NextGen Fuel, Inc. in the defense of claims alleging breach of contract and intellectual property infringement

-------------------

John M. Pierce

John M. Pierce is a trial lawyer and Founder of Pierce Bainbridge P.C. He was described by Benchmark Plaintiff Litigation 2012 as "one of the most esteemed jury trial lawyers" at the world's largest business litigation law firm, and The Legal 500 United States 2015 praised his "real trial presence." In 2008, he won two multi-million dollar jury verdicts within a span of two months, including the 67th highest jury verdict in the United States in 2008 as determined by the VerdictSearch Top 100 list, as well as a victory in a major film financing trial in Los Angeles featured in the Hollywood Reporter. He has never lost a jury verdict.

A graduate of Harvard Law School, where he was an editor of the Harvard Law Review, Mr. Pierce is often retained by major corporations, financial institutions and individuals in the most difficult, high-profile business disputes and all other types of litigations. He has successfully represented clients in complex disputes involving, among others, hedge funds, private equity, structured finance, real estate finance, financial fraud, insurance coverage, intellectual property, legal malpractice, false advertising, First Amendment claims, government contracts, and film financing.

His clients have included Samsung, Charles Schwab, Allergan, World Triathlon Corporation, Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Tulsi Gabbard’s Presidential campaign, and Mayor Rudy Giuliani, to name just a few.

On behalf of large institutional clients and individuals suing as plaintiffs, Mr. Pierce has obtained verdicts, pre-trial judgments and settlements amounting to more than US$300 million. On behalf of corporate defendants, he has obtained verdicts, pre-trial judgments and settlements successfully defending against well over a billion dollars in claims.

He was previously a litigation partner at Latham & Watkins and Quinn Emanuel, and he served as co-Global Practice Area Leader for Litigation and Dispute Resolution at K&L Gates. He continues to serve as outside General Counsel for the Group 11 family of technology venture capital funds.

Mr. Pierce was an M1A1 Abrams tank platoon leader in the Army’s 1st Cavalry Division.

--------------------

Lawson Pedigo

Lawson Pedigo, formerly with the United States Department of Justice's Tax Division and Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., joined Miller Keffer Pedigo as a name partner in 2004. He concentrates on representing individuals and entities involved in complex commercial and financial litigation matters as well as governmental investigations of all types.

Mr. Pedigo, licensed in 1985, has over thirty years of experience in litigation, including prosecuting complex financial frauds and tax cases for the United States Department of Justice. Since entering private practice, he has represented individuals and corporations in a wide range of complex financial litigations matters. He also represents clients in government investigations and audits of all types, including securities, Health Care Fraud and Abuse (civil, criminal and administrative) matters, FDIC claims against fiduciaries, tax, and Qui Tam cases. He has represented numerous clients in high-profile investigations.

Mr. Pedigo, who began his service in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Judge Advocate, was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Tax Division of the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. In February of 1996, he was appointed to be a Special Assistant United States Attorney to act as co-counsel in the successful prosecution (after a two-month trial) of a major bank and tax fraud conspiracy in Austin, Texas, that caused an estimated loss of over $1 billion to the federal government. In 1999, he was appointed as Associate Independent Counsel and worked for Judge Kenneth Starr. In 2001, after a several month trial he successfully obtained an acquittal for his client in the U.S. v. Jeffus, et al. prosecution which was the largest EPA laboratory fraud case ever prosecuted by the Justice Department and the verdict was on the Wall Street Journal’s front page. In 2002, he successfully defended a significant ERISA matter involving fiduciary liability questions. In 2008, he successfully assisted a large Mexican bank recover millions of dollars of losses caused by a fraud scheme involving misconduct in three continents and seizing a jet aircraft. From 2006 through 2015, he represented the Choctaw and Chickasaws against the United States.

Representations

He filed suit in 2006 on behalf of the Choctaw Nation and Chickasaw Nations prosecuting their historic accounting claims dating back to 1907 against the United States. In 2015, the United States settled for $186 million.

He has represented Directors and Officers of financial institutions in responding to FDIC notices of responsibility for potential fiduciary claims as well as defended such claims in federal courts.

He has represented individuals involved in securities litigation matters and has defended contentions involving hundreds of millions of dollars in losses claimed by investors as well as pursued claims in FINRA proceedings.

He regularly works with entrepreneurs and companies in various capital market transactions.

Military Background

Mr. Pedigo retired from the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He served as an Intelligence Officer in the Reserves (with a Top Secret security clearance). He received a number of military honors, including the Combat Action Ribbon for his service in Desert Shield and Desert Storm with the 8th Marines Infantry Regiment. His last billet was at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) as an Instructor at the National Intelligence University.

Accounting and Tax Qualifications

Mr. Pedigo is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Texas. In addition he was awarded a Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation from Georgetown University and has made numerous CLE presentations on ethics, financial fraud and forensic topics.

Legal Memberships

Mr. Pedigo's past ABA activities include membership in the Section of Taxation, the Health Care Fraud Subcommittee of the White Collar Crime Section of the ABA, and Co-Chair of the Accounting and Tax Fraud Sub-Committee of the Criminal Laws Committee of the Business Law Section. He is active in the Dallas Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Committee.

Professional Speaking

Mr. Pedigo has made numerous presentations government investigations and internationally spoken on corruption issues and trial techniques in the American Legal System. In April 2004, he appeared at the United Nations (UNCITRAL) as a delegate to the United Nations Colloquium on International Commercial Fraud held in Vienna, Austria. In August 2004, he was co-presenter at a seminar titled "International Commercial Fraud: FCPA Prosecution and Defense Perspectives" sponsored by the Association of Corporate Counsel held in Houston, Texas. In 2007 he was a key presenter in Geneva, Switzerland on Strategies for International Tracing and Recovery of Fraud Proceeds.

Education

Mr. Pedigo received a Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting in 1982, and a Juris Doctorate in 1985, both from Baylor University, and a Master of Laws in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center in 1990.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read somewhere that Pierce is going for a 2nd Amendment defense of Kyle's right to bear arms. The charge itself is only a misdemeanor, but this could go all the way to the Supreme. Which may be what he is angling for. Wisconsin laws are vague enough on the issue and he could probably win on just that.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/CaliKidJMP/statu...27120282132480

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Represented Nicholas Sandmann she seems to be capable.

I guess it pains me that rioters would be at the jail piss balloon in hand demanding the release if it was their comrade.
    He's a guy. Won't be representing Rittenhouse because he is a civil attorney not a criminal one. But apparently helping coordinate things. He represented Richard Jewell and won as well.

Patriotic attorney L. Lin Wood has been locked out of Twitter after several days of successfully raising funds on behalf of the legal defense for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who is facing first-degree murder charges for shooting three communists at a Kenosha, Wisc. riot last week.

Future Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and right-wing pundit Michelle Malkin are two of the voices trying to get the word out about this latest instance of Big Tech censorship:

RT – @llinwood locked out of Twitter for championing Kyle Rittenhouse & speaking for so many of us under fire by censors, anarchists & mob.

Attention @realdonaldtrump – Help us #FightBack and defend the defenders! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. https://t.co/FSoAlNt9nP

— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) September 1, 2020

.@Twitter is censoring my attorney @LLinWood

@Jack why are conservatives being canceled on Twitter?

We will not allow our 1st amendment freedom of speech to be taken from us!

In January, I’ll be a Congresswoman.

I’ll #fightback@realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/FU7WlFitsP

— Marjorie Taylor Greene For Congress���� (@mtgreenee) September 1, 2020

Previously, Wood had announced to his supporters that he would continue distributing messages via his website and his legal foundation if he was censored from Twitter.

I have been extremely careful to never violate Twitter rules. But truth is being censored. If I am banned from Twitter in future, I will be providing information via my law firm website https://t.co/zCHaRigQg3 or my 501(c)(4) foundation website https://t.co/6TUotTMrY2#FightBack

— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) August 30, 2020

Wood, who also represented Richard Jewell and Kyle Sandmann when they were falsely accused of actions they did not commit, has founded the Fight Back Foundation to help other victims of far-left terror nationwide.

(2) I want NO special recognition for my efforts or donations. I pledged my life, my fortune, & my sacred honor to this country to fight for freedom. I keep my pledges. I just wanted you to know I have a dog in this fight. We all do.#FightBack

— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) September 1, 2020

There will be total transparency on part of #FightBack Foundation.

To date, 11,254 donors have donated total of $605,550 toward the Foundation’s efforts to fund defense of Kyle Rittenhouse & help support & protect his family.

$0 from @Microsoft @Apple @BankofAmerica @MLB https://t.co/T8UH1r2A1J

— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) September 1, 2020

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/patrio...ut-of-twitter/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Facebook is censoring Christian crowdfunding website GiveSendGo for hosting a fundraiser helping alleged Kenosha, Wisconsin shooter Kyle Rittenhouse, who police say killed two rioters last weekend.

As of Tuesday, the campaign, which is said to be in contact with the Rittenhouse family and Kyle’s legal team, has raised nearly $300,000.

On Thursday, the popular crowdfunding site GoFundMe removed a campaign for Rittenhouse within minutes of it being posted.

Meanwhile, as National File reports, “The GoFundMe page for Black Lives Matter rioters arrested by police in Portland has been allowed to accumulate over $1.3 million in donations.”

Now, Facebook is blocking users from posting the GiveSendGo link to Rittenhouse’s crowdfunding page.

In fact, Facebook users are banned from searching the name Kyle Rittenhouse whatsoever.

But, if a Facebook user searches for “Kyle Rittenhouse Terrorist,” multiple mainstream articles appear.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/facebook-ce...e-rittenhouse/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1300632194747002880

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

‘I Just Wanna Thank Every Single One of You For the Support’ – Kyle Rittenhouse Speaks From County Jail

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ty-jail-video/

By Cristina Laila Published September 1, 2020 at 7:07pm

17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse thanked everyone for their outpouring support on Tuesday while he was on the phone with his lawyer John Pierce.

“I just wanna thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart for the underlining support,” Rittenhouse said on speaker phone. “I just want to thank all of you for the mail I’ve been receiving. It’s been really helpful.”

He continued, “I just want to let you all know that I’m going to be out of here soon…I hope to see you guys soon.”

https://twitter.com/CaliKidJMP/statu...27120282132480
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-03-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I'm in for another $20
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm in for another $20
    Sent $100 his way.

Will match the next $100.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...09492371701764
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

https://twitter.com/DonnyTomlinson/s...070402/photo/1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some troubling info about Rittenhouse's lawyer, John M. Pierce:

Those who want to support Rittenhouse might want to read the article & judge for themselves.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Banned

Blog Entries
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-09-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Smear piece written by Don Lewis, a Trump Hater.

NEVER take advice from an Enemy.

~~Sun Tzu

Don Lewis doesn't give one $#@! about Rittenhouse.
    It doesn't matter what Don Lewis thinks about Rittenhouse, and even less what he thinks about Trump.

What matters is whether what he's saying is true. As I said, people should come to their own judgements.

Banned

Blog Entries

Actually, it does, because [Sun Tzu ]
    No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What matters is whether what he's saying is true. As I said, people should come to their own judgements.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries

Yes it does. You tell people to read an article by an enemy of Trump, eg, an enemy of Rittenhouse.
    It doesn't matter what Don Lewis thinks about Rittenhouse, and even less what he thinks about Trump.

You are saying people should come to their own judgements. To come to your own judgement would take a lot more research than a smear piece written by an enemy.
    That's right. It also takes a lot more - a whole lot more - than some anonymous forum poster ranting about "smear pieces."

Lewis actually presents sufficient evidence to allow someone to do that additional research.

All you've done, on the other hand, is babble about Sun Tzu and "enemies."

No one has any more reason to just take your word for it than they have to just take Lewis' word for it.

If you only read his article, then you can only come to his judgement, therefore taking advice from an enemy, therefore something you should never do.
    I haven't recommended that anyone "only read his article."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-09-2020 at 05:03 PM.

//

//
    Are you going to tell us to take CNN's advice next?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Are you going to tell us to take CNN's advice next?
    I haven't told anyone to take anyone's advice. Thanks for playing, though.

Maybe you'll want to go ask Robert Barnes the same question. He's the one who bought the Lewis piece to my attention.

(He retweeted this less than 5 hours ago: https://twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1301719255063441409)

Or is Barnes the "enemy," too?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-04-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-09-2020 at 05:03 PM.

//

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

Election season always brings out the loons. I just ignore their babbling. YMMV
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Some troubling info about Rittenhouse's lawyer, John M. Pierce:

Those who want to support Rittenhouse might want to read the article & judge for themselves.
    The lead attorney representing accused Kenosha, Wisconsin, gunman Kyle Rittenhouse said he resigned his position with a defense fund expected to benefit his 17-year-old client out of concern for the lawyer's troubled financial history.
    Attorney John Pierce said Friday that he made the move earlier this week to avoid any "appearance of conflict" related to a series of legal disputes in which Pierce and his firm have been accused of defaulting on millions of dollars in obligations to the firm’s financiers, according to court documents.

Wood, now the foundation's controlling member, said Friday that he had "no concerns" about Pierce's financial issues, saying that they predate the foundation's formation and the attorney's association with Rittenhouse. He also said the foundation was nearing an agreement with an outside counsel as an additional safeguard on the foundation's operation.
    "If everybody who needed a lawyer was forced to hire a pristine firm, nobody would ever be able to hire a lawyer," Wood said.
    Wood, who has also represented Nick Sandmann of Covington Catholic, Herman Cain and John and Patsy Ramsey, said Pierce's resignation from the foundation was related to separating his work as Rittenhouse's attorney from the foundation, which would be reimbursing Pierce and his associates for any fees and expenses related to the criminal case.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-accuse...214525661.html

You can stop worrying now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think this kid need a good local criminal defense attorney more than all the celebrity lawyers. Local connections go a lot further to getting cases like his resolved than a team of outsiders looking for headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The lead attorney representing accused Kenosha, Wisconsin, gunman Kyle Rittenhouse said he resigned his position with a defense fund expected to benefit his 17-year-old client out of concern for the lawyer's troubled financial history.
    Attorney John Pierce said Friday that he made the move earlier this week to avoid any "appearance of conflict" related to a series of legal disputes in which Pierce and his firm have been accused of defaulting on millions of dollars in obligations to the firm’s financiers, according to court documents.

Wood, now the foundation's controlling member, said Friday that he had "no concerns" about Pierce's financial issues, saying that they predate the foundation's formation and the attorney's association with Rittenhouse. He also said the foundation was nearing an agreement with an outside counsel as an additional safeguard on the foundation's operation.
    "If everybody who needed a lawyer was forced to hire a pristine firm, nobody would ever be able to hire a lawyer," Wood said.
    Wood, who has also represented Nick Sandmann of Covington Catholic, Herman Cain and John and Patsy Ramsey, said Pierce's resignation from the foundation was related to separating his work as Rittenhouse's attorney from the foundation, which would be reimbursing Pierce and his associates for any fees and expenses related to the criminal case.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-accuse...214525661.html

You can stop worrying now.
    I was already aware of all that. And I am still worried. Kyle needs a good and experienced criminal defense lawyer, not a civil litigator with a litany of financial woes (some of which he cannot recuse himself from because they are personal, not professional) who is the same person flacking for donations. And as far as I know, Lin Wood still hasn't explicitly stated that donations will go exclusively to Kyle's defense and not to other unrelated matters the foundation is involved in. If I am incorrect and that has changed, I would be glad to hear it. Even apart from the prejudicial treatment Rittenhouse's case has been given by fund-raising and publicity platforms (such as GoFundMe and Facebook), this whole thing is a mess and has been poorly handled. I just hope Kyle doesn't end up suffering because of it.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-05-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast