Thread: Are any of these Senate Candidates any good?

Are any of these Senate Candidates any good?

So far all that have decalared to run against Franken have not impressed me. Anyone have any opinions?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the candidates, Jim Abeler endorsed Ron Paul last year. However, he is moderate on fiscal issues having voted in the past for higher taxes and increased spending.

Here were the final primary results,

"Democratic 100% Reporting
    Winner A. Franken (i)
    94.5%
    S. Henningsgard
    5.5%
    Republican 100% Reporting
    Winner M. McFadden
    71.7%
    J. Abeler
    14.8%
    D. Carlson
    9.1%
    P. Munro
    2.8%
    O. Savior
    1.6%
    2,845"

It looks like Franken vs. McFadden.

As I see it there is a distinct possibility to grab this election for a Senate seat if all get out and vote for McFadden. An article was talking about the potential for a very low Democratic turnout.

183801 Democratic votes vs. 180,797 Republican votes. A few less Democrat votes and a few more Republican votes it is possible to gain a Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Here were the final primary results,

"Democratic 100% Reporting
    Winner A. Franken (i)
    94.5%
    S. Henningsgard
    5.5%
    Republican 100% Reporting
    Winner M. McFadden
    71.7%
    J. Abeler
    14.8%
    D. Carlson
    9.1%
    P. Munro
    2.8%
    O. Savior
    1.6%
    2,845"

It looks like Franken vs. McFadden.

As I see it there is a distinct possibility to grab this election for a Senate seat if all get out and vote for McFadden. An article was talking about the potential for a very low Democratic turnout.

183801 Democratic votes vs. 180,797 Republican votes. A few less Democrat votes and a few more Republican votes it is possible to gain a Senate seat.
    I voted for Abeler in the Primary and will never vote for McFadden. I'm probably voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

-ML

It might be worth considering voting in a way to support a majority candidate. Once they all get to Washington, leadership and committee chairs will be decided on the majority. The way things are right now, the majority needs to change just to give us some breathing space. Both major parties are horrible, but change will mean the majority will need time to get some traction. That gives citizens time to mobilize to make them take a different path.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

This is a very close race.

If correct, Harry Reid is sitting with over 400 bi partisan bills submitted, on his desk, he will not bring to a vote. He needs to go.

The only way he is gone is if we get 51 seats in the Senate. I agree both parties are bad but, 3,100 votes or more might get rid of him. 1 Libertarian vote will be just that and I will not fault you. One McFadden vote will be one for him and one less for Franken closing the margin.

Over 76 years , I have had to suck it up, for a better cause, on numerous occasions and this very close race is one that could get Harry Reid out of power now.