View Poll Results: Should we form our own political party?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

12 44.44%
  • Yes

8 29.63%
  • Undecided

8 29.63%
  • Your out of your mind.

10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RPF Political Party

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    That is all we need is the Constitution Party to merge with the LP lunatic fringe to also make it look like a complete joke just like the LP. Nah.
    You must spread some reputation around............
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Pretty much all of your post. However, I have a note on the specific part that I quoted:

I think that you are being far too generous in believing that people truly want liberty even as they stridently advocate for the opposite.

If someone persists, over an extended period of time, in supporting policies and candidates/politicians that are explicitly anti-liberty, then it doesn't matter if they say that they are pro-liberty or that they want liberty, because it clearly is not the case. I think that part of the reason that this forum is so infested, as you put it, is because both members and staff accept posters whose explicit intent is the erosion of liberty, so long as those posters wrap their anti-liberty screed in a a paper-thin veneer of rote pro-liberty platitudes.
    You would know about that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So who wants to kiss Satan's Dick to be the Leader?

No one gets power in this world in any other way.

or why Ron Paul had no chance.
    Daniel
    Chapter 4

17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will...

The devil only has as much power as GOD allows.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

My suggestion would be to name it "The No Longer Consenting Party"

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You would know about that.
    Name the anti-liberty candidates and policies that I advocate, Wormtongue.

Also, report yourself.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The devil only has as much power as GOD allows.
    it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.
    The Prince of this world rules this world till Christ returns physically and removes him.

and his time is short.
    Till then, every world Government is in his power. and they will be so Judged.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The Prince of this world rules this world till Christ returns physically and removes him.

and his time is short.
    GOD is not asleep, he limits the devil when he needs to and he chooses rulers when he needs them to make his plans work.

The devil is a liar and his words should be taken with a grain of salt.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by mt4rp View Post
    My suggestion would be to name it "The No Longer Consenting Party"
    an idea whose time has come?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

an idea whose time has come?
    It is in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    In a free market, you stop supporting a product/service whenever the quality or price of that product/service doesn't suit your demand. That's when you find another good product/service that's in competition and meets your demand. That's the beauty of voluntary associations.

There comes a point where an organization becomes so far removed from its core principles or promises that it no longer is worthy of patronage. It has become so corrupt that trying to clean up its corruption becomes a waste of time. The Republican Party is just at that state. You can stay and try return them to their principles, values, etc., but it will only be rape. They don't want certain views and ideas to permeate their party, and the infrastructure is such that they fend off any reformation that seeks to usurp their power. That doesn't produce any tangible results, either.

The fact that Ron Paul Forums, of all places, is infested with Trump supporters reveals whom has influenced whom in the Republican Party. It's not the neoconservatives who have compromised on their principles; it's those who claim to be Ron Paul supporters. You haven't changed a thing in the Republican Party, but the party has changed you. This isn't Ted Cruz Forums. This isn't Ben Carson Forums. This isn't Mike Huckabee Forums. This is Ron Paul Forums. I'm not going to apologize because we're in a place where there's a high standard of expectation for consistency in the principles of small government, sound money, a noninterventionist foreign policy, and most of all, the protection of human life at all stages of development. You guys have forgotten where you are.

Supporting candidates like Donald Trump is not going to change a damn thing on the federal level because people like Donald Trump don't care about libertarian principles. They say what they want to get what they want, plain and simple. Some of you are so desperate to be relevant on the federal level that you're willing to eat the crumbs on the floor of the Republican Party. And in chewing on their scraps, they ignore you to go about business as usual, waiting every 4 years to give you a plate at their table just to remind you of "what a good boy you've been."

So, like our Founding Fathers did when they dissembled themselves from England and formed their own independence, there is no retreat; there is simply the reemergence of a better order, founded on sure principles in which the last organization failed to uphold or ended up hating.
    That still doesn't explain what you're going to do when someone wants to come help themselves to what you've created.

If Ron Paul was the father of the modern tea party, we are the lousy sons who sold the inherited property. We didn't fight for the tea party. It was ours. We just complained that some folks had infiltrated it and therefore it was no longer cool, so let it go. So I personally don't put one ounce of faith in new parties being the way forward. If we're just gonna give it up whenever someone comes to take it, I really don't see the point.

The TP did, however, get Rand into office, so I guess there's that.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-26-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    That still doesn't explain what you're going to do when someone wants to come help themselves to what you've created.

If Ron Paul was the father of the modern tea party, we are the lousy sons who sold the inherited property. We didn't fight for the tea party. It was ours. We just complained that some folks had infiltrated it and therefore it was no longer cool, so let it go. So I personally don't put one ounce of faith in new parties being the way forward. If we're just gonna give it up whenever someone comes to take it, I really don't see the point.

You don't expand by running away.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

When You Become the "Trojan Horse"

Where did I say anything about giving up? Choosing not to be involved with the Republican Party doesn't equate to surrendering. There are other parties out there, after all, with better platforms and more principled members, looking for support. That's also not to mention that there are local, county, and state elections which are more important than just federal ones.

But you're the one out here trying to rape a political party that doesn't want your ideas inside her. What's even worse is that you're compromising little by little on your own principles, all in the name of "trying to save the party," by settling for less. You keep bringing up this defeatist notion about "someone coming in to take over what's yours," and yet, ironically, that's what you're doing from the perspectives of those in control of the Republican Party. So, by your logic, what should the neoconservatives do to keep people like you from taking over what's now theirs?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where did I say anything about giving up? Choosing not to be involved with the Republican Party doesn't equate to surrendering. There are other parties out there, after all, with better platforms and more principled members, looking for support. That's also not to mention that there are local, county, and state elections which are more important than just federal ones.

But you're the one out here trying to rape a political party that doesn't want your ideas inside her. What's even worse is that you're compromising little by little on your own principles, all in the name of "trying to save the party," by settling for less. You keep bringing up this defeatist notion about "someone coming in to take over what's yours," and yet, ironically, that's what you're doing from the perspectives of those in control of the Republican Party. So, by your logic, what should the neoconservatives do to keep people like you from taking over what's now theirs?
    The two main parties have rigged the game in their favor, the odds of a 3rd party breaking through at this point are extremely low.
    The Republican party tells us and its voters that it is the party of small government and that gives us every right to turn it into a party of small government.

Ron told us to take over the Republican party and that's what we should do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, He Supports More Choices

The two main parties have rigged the game in their favor, the odds of a 3rd party breaking through at this point are extremely low.
    The Republican party tells us and its voters that it is the party of small government and that gives us every right to turn it into a party of small government.

Ron told us to take over the Republican party and that's what we should do.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Of course he supports more choices.

But he told us to take over the GOP.
    If we don't take over the GOP we won't be able to level the playing field for the other choices.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Speak for your lousy self. Up against the largest media empire and internet campaigns the world has ever seen. Fought against Cheney McConnell Beck Romney Hannity Bachmann McCain etc etc.

Smeared as racist and violent by the other half of the aisle.

http://www.KentuckyFight.com

We rocked the boat and got OUR guy in office. It was a herculean fight and Senator Paul is next to the President of the US riding on Air Force One. And you characterize it as an afterthought. We didn't take over the world in less than a decade so throw in the towel!

We don't need your faith or points.

Name the anti-liberty candidates and policies that I advocate, Wormtongue.

Your reply was directed at someone else, but can you tell me why you actively campaign against Ron and Rand? You do campaign against them, right?
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123