Thread: Ever Try Mustard over your Popcorn?

Ever Try Mustard over your Popcorn?

I love Butter like everyone on the Planet, but I have the impression that
    unsalted butter is a waste of time, I can't justify butter as a daily habit , so
    I buy it sparingly knowing full well that it will be consumed rapidly x's 10.....
    So it's a treat that I try not to abuse.

Enter Mustard, what a fkd up idea right? Well I've been doing that between
    light to moderate butter binges and shocked at how easily I take to it, I add a
    little bit of pepper too.....

Try it, let me know...........

I have used Ranch Dressing in the past with good results but @donnay posted
    something about all the horrible chemicals in our food products and I think
    basic store-bought Ranch has all of that in it , last time I checked.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never mustard, but I like my popcorn with jalapenos.

I haven't in a long time, but it's good. I worked at a theater for a while in HS, and we'd do that.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Never mustard, but I like my popcorn with jalapenos.
    I like dumping some tapatia and lime juice on my popcorn.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I've never even thought about putting mustard on popcorn to begin with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    unsalted butter is a waste of time, I can't justify butter as a daily habit , so
    I buy it sparingly knowing full well that it will be consumed rapidly x's 10.....
    So it's a treat that I try not to abuse.

Enter Mustard, what a fkd up idea right? Well I've been doing that between
    light to moderate butter binges and shocked at how easily I take to it, I add a
    little bit of pepper too.....

Try it, let me know...........

I have used Ranch Dressing in the past with good results but @donnay posted
    something about all the horrible chemicals in our food products and I think
    basic store-bought Ranch has all of that in it , last time I checked.
    It so easy to make your own--get organic ingredients.

1/2 cup Dry Buttermilk Powder (You can find it in the baking isle at the grocery store)
    1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
    3 teaspoons Dried Dill Weed
    1 teaspoon Dried Chives
    1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
    1 1/2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
    1 teaspoon Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
    1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper

You can put in in a salt shaker and shake it over your cooked popcorn. It's delish!

ETA:

Pop your popcorn in coconut oil or Ghee. You can even used melted Ghee for butter popcorn. It is good.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

1/2 cup Dry Buttermilk Powder (You can find it in the baking isle at the grocery store)
    1 teaspoon Dried Chives

You can put in in a salt shaker and shake it over your cooked popcorn. It's delish!

ETA:

Pop your popcorn in coconut oil or Ghee. You can even used melted Ghee for butter popcorn. It is good.
    Get a cheap extra food processor and use it to make powdered salt, you will get a much better flavor for less salt.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

unsalted butter is a waste of time, I can't justify butter as a daily habit ,
    I can.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't eat popcorn, but mustard is good on almost anything.

Mustard rubbed pork belly,

Mustard rubbed pork loin,

Mustard rubbed pork chops,

Mustard rubbed pork sausage

Mustard rubbed pork schnitzel

Mustard rubbed pork sweet breads

Mustard rubbed pork trotters

etc

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't eat popcorn, but mustard is good on almost anything.

Mustard rubbed pork belly,

Mustard rubbed pork loin,

Mustard rubbed pork chops,

Mustard rubbed pork sausage

Mustard rubbed pork schnitzel

Mustard rubbed pork sweet breads

Mustard rubbed pork trotters

etc
    Mix the mustard with maple syrup and ginger before you put it on your pork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Mix the mustard with maple syrup and ginger before you put it on your pork.
    That's one way to go, little Asian influence.

Myself, I like caraway seeds, apple cider vinegar, beer, and sometimes minced apples.

With fish, dill's also a good choice (then served with sour cream).

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I can.

Oh, I missed this earlier.

That's great butter.

And butter is immensely important (vegans, close your eyes).

If you've ever had mashed potatoes in France, you have an idea of the best mashed potatoes you've ever had.

Do you know why they're so good?

They're about 50% butter.

...and good butter, such as the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

1 teaspoon Dried Chives

ETA:

I'll have to try that , sounds great.

The 'corrective' diet I may have mentioned a while ago (combating auto immune RA) included the use of
    Cold Pressed , xtra Virgin Olive oil..........y....uck , I hated Olive oil. A Youtube video mentioned that you could
    disguise that olive oil with some mustard, after about 6 months of that and I almost look forward to that
    olive oil , mixed of course.
    Also recently I read that a 'spigot' of apple cider vinegar (I use just one shot from a spray bottle) in a salad that
    includes carrots really boosts the absorption of something in carrots. Good lord is that good with olive oil and mustard
    to set off a fantastic salad dressing. Normally speaking, I run from AC Vinegar, but once all is mixed in the overwhelming
    aroma of ACV disappears quickly in the mix.
    Shredded carrots, cabbage, spinach , (mustard, Olive oil 50/50, couple dashes pepper), I cook half of the salad in the microwave , 30 seconds
    the add the other half of uncooked, mix up, then add my dressing.......can't tell you how good that is , and from
    ingredients I used to once again, RUN FROM...........

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I can.

Years ago I had a dear old friend dying of congestive heart failure, a lengthy illness, I'll never
    forget some of the last words I heard from him; ''I love butter and bacon (with a shrug)...''
    We're all going to dye anyway is how I figure it, but like the song says;
    ''...but I don't wanna go tonight...''
    Prop me Up against the Jukebox (when I die) - Joe Diffy

Years ago I had a dear old friend dying of congestive heart failure, a lengthy illness, I'll never
    forget some of the last words I heard from him; ''I love butter and bacon (with a shrug)...''
    We're all going to dye anyway is how I figure it, but like the song says;
    ''...but I don't wanna go tonight...''
    Prop me Up against the Jukebox (when I die) - Joe Diffy
    I doubt it was the butter and bacon, we have been lied to about them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I doubt it was the butter and bacon, we have been lied to about them.
    Everything kills us these days, I've even been warned against Rice, Legumes, Nuts , just about everything
    under the sun, depending on which 'experts' are lecturing at any given point in time.

Hopefully a bit of moderation as they say; ''moderation in all things including moderation'' is part of the
    equation to have a good run on life.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll have to try that , sounds great.

The 'corrective' diet I may have mentioned a while ago (combating auto immune RA) included the use of
    Cold Pressed , xtra Virgin Olive oil..........y....uck , I hated Olive oil. A Youtube video mentioned that you could
    disguise that olive oil with some mustard, after about 6 months of that and I almost look forward to that
    olive oil , mixed of course.
    Also recently I read that a 'spigot' of apple cider vinegar (I use just one shot from a spray bottle) in a salad that
    includes carrots really boosts the absorption of something in carrots. Good lord is that good with olive oil and mustard
    to set off a fantastic salad dressing. Normally speaking, I run from AC Vinegar, but once all is mixed in the overwhelming
    aroma of ACV disappears quickly in the mix.
    Shredded carrots, cabbage, spinach , (mustard, Olive oil 50/50, couple dashes pepper), I cook half of the salad in the microwave , 30 seconds
    the add the other half of uncooked, mix up, then add my dressing.......can't tell you how good that is , and from
    ingredients I used to once again, RUN FROM...........
    It really is amazing the foods that trigger RA. I know that you should stay away from fluoride--there is fluoride in water, if you drink some teas (black) they suck up a lot of fluoride. I knew someone who drank a gallon-plus of sweet tea daily and suffered horrifically from RA. When he stopped and started drinking good filtered water and watched out for processed food/refined sugars, his pain started to diminish within weeks.

There are many foods that can trigger inflammation and you need to find what triggers yours and stay away from it.

This site always have good information:
    https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog...tion-naturally
    https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog...d-inflammation
    https://www.greenmedinfo.health/phar...mmatory-agents
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I sprinkle granulated garlic on mine after it is popped. It is amazing how easy it is to make popcorn. No shaking or fancy pots required. I start by putting in the oil of choice and letting it get heated up. The key is knowing what temperature to put the appliance at. Prior to putting in the popcorn, I put in some butter. As the popcorn pops the butter gets on the corn. Listen carefully for the popcorn to slow popping and then remove from heat. Keep covered and listen for about 30-45 seconds until the last kernels pop. I have great success and very few un-popped kernels. I will try adding mustard.

I put mustard and onion on hot dogs , bratwurst , ham sandwiches etc . I don't really eat much popcorn , the Ogre ( Mrs O ) might complain that I got a pc on the floor. I substitute a bowl of popcorn with a jigger of fine Bourbon . Less mess .
    Do something Danke