Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Protest Planned at GOP headquarters: USA Today

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Who cares what they protest?!?! . . . laughing at them.
    Are the trumpettes protesting this time that they don't know the national convention delegates are won with a majority (?)
    - or - how the caucus works (?) . . . this time.

Laughing at the trumpettes either way - I'm sure they'll have other things to find out and then protest that they didn't know that, either. Fools.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-12-2016 at 08:20 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Don't you think that protests against GOP leaders should be for the wrong things they do and not the right ones? Protesting when they do something right is just encouraging them to resort to corruption even more.
    That would be lovely, yes, but I do not believe it is necessary. Something has to shake their unquestioning loyalty to the GOP establishment, whether it comes in the form of something that is merely perception, or harsh reality. It is their perception that Trump was cheated. —The harsh reality is that the GOP establishment does not want Trump, and the voters who feel cheated (even if they weren't) will now be going over every move the establishment makes with a fine tooth comb.

These people have already come a long way from the days when they just did everything the establishment told them to do. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but I see that as progress.

There is probably a good debate to be had over whether the means justify the ends, I'll grant you that. There are short term goals and long-term goals. Keeping Trump out of office is a short term goal that many people here are fixated on. Okay great, the guy sucks, put him in the bin with the other ones. A good long term goal would be to somehow create a giant schism between the broader republican base and the GOP establishment. I'm sorry to be so blunt here, but 12 years (+decades for some of us) of making well reasoned arguments have not managed to break that bond as rapidly and as effectively as what just played out in Colorado. That cannot be disputed.

So with that in mind I would say to Colorado's Trump supporters, Sure 'the Colorado GOP cheated' (wink, wink), but if I were you guys, I'd be reading the teleprompter over my heads this year if you really want something to be pissed off about.

Then, it's just a matter of time:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

That would be lovely, yes, but I do not believe it is necessary. Something has to shake their unquestioning loyalty to the GOP establishment, whether it comes in the form of something that is merely perception, or harsh reality. It is their perception that Trump was cheated. —The harsh reality is that the GOP establishment does not want Trump, and the voters who feel cheated (even if they weren't) will now be going over every move the establishment makes with a fine tooth comb.

These people have already come a long way from the days when they just did everything the establishment told them to do. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but I see that as progress.

There is probably a good debate to be had over whether the means justify the ends, I'll grant you that. There are short term goals and long-term goals. Keeping Trump out of office is a short term goal that many people here are fixated on. Okay great, the guy sucks, put him in the bin with the other ones. A good long term goal would be to somehow create a giant schism between the broader republican base and the GOP establishment. I'm sorry to be so blunt here, but 12 years (+decades for some of us) of making well reasoned arguments have not managed to break that bond as rapidly and as effectively as what just played out in Colorado. That cannot be disputed.

So with that in mind I would say to Colorado's Trump supporters, Sure 'the Colorado GOP cheated' (wink, wink), but if I were you guys, I'd be reading the teleprompter over my heads this year if you really want something to be pissed off about.

Then, it's just a matter of time:

The people you're talking about would love for the GOP leaders to cheat, if it worked in Trump's favor. That's the whole point of this protest. They're protesting the fact that the party didn't cheat and help out Trump, but instead played fair and let the little guy fly in under the radar Ron Paul style and win.

Believe me, the GOP leadership has no problem with cheating. And if they find that it's politically advantageous for them to cheat in Trump's favor, they will in a heartbeat.

Be careful what you wish for.

We want more conventions like Colorado's not fewer.

The people you're talking about would love for the GOP leaders to cheat, if it worked in Trump's favor. That's the whole point of this protest. They're protesting the fact that the party didn't cheat and help out Trump, but instead played fair and let the little guy fly in under the radar Ron Paul style and win.

Believe me, the GOP leadership has no problem with cheating. And if they find that it's politically advantageous for them to cheat in Trump's favor, they will in a heartbeat.

Be careful what you wish for.

We want more conventions like Colorado's not fewer.
    I'm a bit torn, I can't fully disagree with you, but there's one thing nagging me:

The problem is that the 'little guy' in this case is the establishment's pick, and the establishment must not be allowed to keep escaping these battles and returning in 4 years to hinder us. It's gotta be crushed outright before we can make any real progress, whatever it takes.

And it doesn't seem politically advantageous to them to have Trump win, but I'm not committed to any candidate. If the establishment jukes, I'll be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

How did the rule change affect him? Is there some reason it was disadvantageous to him, other than the fact that he made it disadvantageous by his own incompetence?

It's disgraceful that you're carrying the water for Trump, and that you're complaining about a case where the GOP actually played fair and didn't break it's own rules. We should want to see more states select their delegates this way. Rand and Ron would have surely benefited from it. And instead of encouraging it, you're complaining, because your communist candidate didn't win.
    You wouldn't be saying the same thing if the rules were changed to screw Ron Paul from getting delegates.

Just remember when the party elites are doing this to Paul or Amash four years down the line that it was bootlickers like you who egged on this behavior and gave it cover. Congratulations: you have become everything you were fighting against.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Are the trumpettes protesting this time that they don't know the national convention delegates are won with a majority (?)

Laughing at the trumpettes either way - I'm sure they'll have other things to find out and then protest that they didn't know that, either. Fools.
    Uh, Trump has a majority. This isn't what you meant.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    You wouldn't be saying the same thing if the rules were changed to screw Ron Paul from getting delegates.

Just remember when the party elites are doing this to Paul or Amash four years down the line that it was bootlickers like you who egged on this behavior and gave it cover. Congratulations: you have become everything you were fighting against.
    When they changed rules between 2008-2012, Ron 2012 adapted to those changes and used the rules to their advantage. They didn't send death threats to the state GOP chairs, they voted them out.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    When they changed rules between 2008-2012, Ron 2012 adapted to those changes and used the rules to their advantage. They didn't send death threats to the state GOP chairs, they voted them out.
    There were all types of allegations against Ron Paul supporters.

Glenn Beck Tells Ron Paul That Paul's Supporter's Threatened His Life
    By Martin Hill
    LibertyFight.com
    March 28, 2010

Pfft. Some of Trumps delegates didn't even manage to pay the fees required to actually be on the slate. For someone who is such an amazing business man and so great at making deals, he sure is showing how inept he is at a process which he should be excelling in.

Maybe the protesters should be at Trumps campaign office (if he has one) demanding to know why his campaign couldn't organize this at all.

First of all, that was the 2nd time Ron ran as a Republican. This is Trump's first go round and if you recall, the '08 campaign wasn't pretty. Secondly, there was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth in both '08 and '12. I recall lots of videos of cheating. I recall one of our guys who was elected as chair, not being allowed to take that position and getting knocked to the floor and taken to the hospital. I remember in '12 all kinds of funny business with the ballots in caucuses.

So, it wasn't quite as smooth, NOT EVEN CLOSE, as you are wanting people to believe. There was tons of cheating by Romney's campaign and the RNC as a whole.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Pfft. Some of Trumps delegates didn't even manage to pay the fees required to actually be on the slate. For someone who is such an amazing business man and so great at making deals, he sure is showing how inept he is at a process which he should be excelling in.

Maybe the protesters should be at Trumps campaign office (if he has one) demanding to know why his campaign couldn't organize this at all.
    Did you say the same thing about Ron Paul in '08?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    There were all types of allegations against Ron Paul supporters.

Glenn Beck Tells Ron Paul That Paul's Supporter's Threatened His Life
    By Martin Hill
    LibertyFight.com
    March 28, 2010
    Ron wasn't crying foul and gassing them up in his stump speeches.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    You have yet to establish that this rule change screwed anyone out of getting any delegates. If this had happened in 2012, we would have taken advantage of it, and Ron Paul would be the one winning the most delegates from Colorado, with all the other candidates screaming that it was unfair to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Did you say the same thing about Ron Paul in '08?
    Did I say what, exactly?

No I never said Ron Paul claimed to be an amazing businessman in should be great at making deals.

No I did not say Ron Paul was inept at the delegate process because his campaign was not inept. They did a pretty good job in this regard.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron wasn't crying foul and gassing them up in his stump speeches.
    Uhhuh.

We were getting a reputation, false, for being violent in the media, Ron Paul being racist etc.

Then some members started donning V masks - let's make ourselves look really scary!

That's why I pumped the blimp so much, too make us look cute and cuddly again, and give us a chance for a second run and a movement.

First of all, that was the 2nd time Ron ran as a Republican. This is Trump's first go round and if you recall, the '08 campaign wasn't pretty. Secondly, there was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth in both '08 and '12. I recall lots of videos of cheating. I recall one of our guys who was elected as chair, not being allowed to take that position and getting knocked to the floor and taken to the hospital. I remember in '12 all kinds of funny business with the ballots in caucuses.

So, it wasn't quite as smooth, NOT EVEN CLOSE, as you are wanting people to believe. There was tons of cheating by Romney's campaign and the RNC as a whole.
    You are describing situations in 2012 where there was actual cheating, as opposed to what happened in CO over the weekend, and what will happen again in WY this weekend.

Uhhuh.

We were getting a reputation, false, for being violent in the media, Ron Paul being racist etc.

Then some members started donning V masks - let's make ourselves look really scary!

That's why I pumped the blimp so much, too make us look cute and cuddly again, and give us a chance for a second run and a movement.
    Post a video of a Ron speech where he tells the crowd to knock the crap out of any protesters, or suggesting his delegates will riot at the RNC. SPOILER: you can't, because Ron pretty much said the opposite of that, to the dismay of quite a few supporters.

Post a video of a Ron speech where he tells the crowd to knock the crap out of any protesters, or suggesting his delegates will riot at the RNC. SPOILER: you can't, because Ron pretty much said the opposite of that, to the dismay of quite a few supporters.
    I didn't say Ron Paul, I said his supporters.

Neither Ron Paul or Donald Trump have beaten up anyone. All the videos you post are just trying to paint the same guilt by remote association they tried on Ron Paul. And by the way, we got into more violence - people went to hospitals.

Ron Paul never directed his supporters to do violence. Trump does it in almost every stump speech.

You're talking about cases of the party cheating against Ron Paul, where they broke their own rules. Of course we would complain about that.

Nothing remotely close to any of the things that happened to us have happened to Trump. He's complaining about the party following it's rules, and not cheating to help him. The reason he lost Colorado was his own campaign's ineptness.

The Ron Paul campaign in 2008 never had the resources Trump does, but they still never dropped the ball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Did I say what, exactly?

No I never said Ron Paul claimed to be an amazing businessman in should be great at making deals.

No I did not say Ron Paul was inept at the delegate process because his campaign was not inept. They did a pretty good job in this regard.
    In '08? You are not remembering accurately.
    ================

You're talking about cases of the party cheating against Ron Paul, where they broke their own rules. Of course we would complain about that.

Nothing remotely close to any of the things that happened to us have happened to Trump. He's complaining about the party following it's rules, and not cheating to help him. The reason he lost Colorado was his own campaign's ineptness.

The Ron Paul campaign in 2008 never had the resources Trump does, but they still never dropped the ball like this.
    Wow. Really? It was a bit different, but I sure recall a lot of gnashing of teeth on these forums after the Colorado primary/caucus or whatever it was. Lots of finger-pointing at the campaign.
    ================

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul never directed his supporters to do violence. Trump does it in almost every stump speech.
    He was stating a FACT that if he had the numbers and the RNC did what they were saying they would and choose who they wanted and to hell with the voters, that his supporters would be very upset.
    ================

He was stating a FACT that if he had the numbers and the RNC did what they were saying they would and choose who they wanted and to hell with the voters, that his supporters would be very upset.
    No he said that would happen if they didn't just give him the nomination if he was short of 1237.

In '08? You are not remembering accurately.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that if any Ron Paul delegates forgot to pay their dues and thus were disqualified that I did not call this "cheating" and I most certainly blamed the campaign.

You are suffering some serious delusions here. Do not compare what is happening to Trump due to his campaign being a disaster and completley inempt to the actual cheating that took place to take delegates from Paul.

More "cheating" from the evil overlords:

Trump Campaign Fumbles Plea For Washington State Delegates by Sending It To D.C. Residents

Donald Trump has been having a fiery meltdown over not winning Colorado for the past few days, but it’s starting to look like other states will be following in the footsteps of the Centennial State. That’s because Trump’s campaign is doing a poor job of courting them, according to Politico.

So, here’s what’s going on: Trump wants delegates from the state of Washington, so the campaign sent out an email soliciting possible delegates on Friday, April 8 to let everyone know that the deadline to submit their Declaration of Candidacy for Delegate form was Wednesday, April 6.

Oh, no.

It gets worse, though.

There is no deadline anyway. Well, there sort of is, but it isn’t April 6 across the board; Washington has a number of conventions that all take place on different days and have different deadlines.. The gaffe would have reflected poorly on the campaign if they’d send a reminder for a legitimate deadline two days after it passed, but they now look doubly bad for sending the email two days after “the deadline” and not even researching to learn this, via Caleb Heimlich, executive director of the Washington state Republican Party:

Any convention or caucus (the counties are hosting them on a rolling basis from March 12 to April 16) has a filing deadline 72 hours before the event in order to appear on the ballot.

So, possible delegates can still try to get nominated from the floor, even if they can’t appear on the ballot.

It gets worse, though.

They sent the email to residents of Washington, D.C., not Washington state. Tim Miller, former communications manager to Jeb Bush, pointed this out on Twitter and couldn’t hide his mirth:

remember this next time Donald cries about getting the nom "stolen" from him.

Jan2017

Uh, Trump has a majority. This isn't what you meant.
    Trump is around 500 delegates short of the majority he will probably never get now -
    there are 2.472 delegates to the national convention

trumpettes still listening to Duhnald with this chit . . .

"And, frankly, whoever at the end, whoever has the most votes and the most delegates should be the nominee.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...vention-221274

Duihnald is plain stuupid to this process, still ?

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Jan2017

So, what I meant was . . .

Who cares what they protest?!?! . . . laughing at them.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Trump is around 500 delegates short of the majority he will probably never get now -
    there are 2.472 delegates to the national convention

trumpettes still listening to Duhnald with this chit . . .

"And, frankly, whoever at the end, whoever has the most votes and the most delegates should be the nominee.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...vention-221274

Duihnald is plain stuupid to this process, still ?

So, now subtracting the 50 South Carolina delegates he's likely losing at their May convention since he reniged on that
    affadavit just to get on the SC primary ballot . . .
    Trump is currently about 550 short of the majority of the 2,472 national delegates that any GOP candidate will need to be the nominee.

with over 70% already picked ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.

538 now is projecting him to lose CA outright, and something happening in IN. If he loses a majority from IN, there will be big ???s about his ability to clinch before going into the RNC.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast