Thread: Clinton on Weinstein: 'I was shocked and appalled' - BBC News

Clinton on Weinstein: 'I was shocked and appalled' - BBC News

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I would bet money that Harvey and Bill liked to drink together.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

What a strange woman.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What a strange woman.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Will Weinstein story be enough to prevent Hillary from running in 2020 or do we need to wait for another shoe to drop?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Are these $#@!s liars or prudes? What century am I in? What country is this?
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-15-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

How about the first man to run as the first woman president? She would be torn. Up. I think she might be so desperate, in the eventuality such a thing was to happen, that she would transgender herself into a man...

Face it, surgeons have gotten better at this $#@!; there are thousands of trannies out there now with better legs than her. Hildabeast couldn't just ditch the suit pants for a skirt...

She would have to come out as a man, to even compete with that kind of fire power. Then, each campaign would tear the other apart with accusations their metamorphosis was incomplete, or which one had truly made history by trans-sexing.

Will Weinstein story be enough to prevent Hillary from running in 2020 or do we need to wait for another shoe to drop?
    I hope not, she is the best case scenario Dem candidate. (from our point of view)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I hope not, she is the best case scenario Dem candidate. (from our point of view)
    That's why the Dems are trying to take her down.

That's why the Dems are trying to take her down.
    Maybe that is why Trump hasn't locked her up yet, he wants a rematch against an opponent he knows he can beat, maybe he will lock her up in his second term?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a fan of Hillary but have to admit even her hypocrisies have a ceratin Harvey-Weinsteinesque quality. A classy product of our political system she is.

"If we could survive each other, we'd do a great job," says indie king and Weinstein Co. co-chairman as he dishes on wooing Trayvon Martin's family and championing LGBT and women's rights in the Trump era.

She's so repulsive... can't even bring myself to view the videos.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    How about the first man to run as the first woman president? She would be torn. Up. I think she might be so desperate, in the eventuality such a thing was to happen, that she would transgender herself into a man...

Face it, surgeons have gotten better at this $#@!; there are thousands of trannies out there now with better legs than her. Hildabeast couldn't just ditch the suit pants for a skirt...

She would have to come out as a man, to even compete with that kind of fire power. Then, each campaign would tear the other apart with accusations their metamorphosis was incomplete, or which one had truly made history by trans-sexing.
    Maybe Michelle will run? <s>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe that is why Trump hasn't locked her up yet, he wants a rematch against an opponent he knows he can beat, maybe he will lock her up in his second term?
    I see two reasons why there's a very slim chance a republican will get elected in 2020. One is we'll probably be in either a deep recession or have double digit inflation or some combination of the two. Two is that by 2020 health insurance rates will be so high that even half the people on this forum will be pushing for socialized healthcare.

Donald Trump wants Hillary Clinton to run against him in 2020

In a morning tweet, the President said: “I was recently asked if Crooked Hillary Clinton is going to run in 2020? My answer was, ‘I hope so!’”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...131600800.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

She's seriously the biggest liar and hypocrite ever. Not only did she live with that same behavior (and much worse) for decades, she tried to destroy a number of her "husband"'s victims, because she couldn't care less about women. Anything that would get in the way of her power needed to be destroyed.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

If anyone doesn't salute her honesty, that one is disrespecting her genderhood politics.

Linda Bloodworth-Thomason: Lessons from Witnessing Four Decades of Harassment in Hollywood (Guest Column)

October 18, 2017

The creator of 'Designing Women' and Clinton confidant details horrific stories of sexual impropriety and abuse of power ("The No. 1 casting criterion for an actress is that she be 'hot and f---able") and reveals she warned Democrat operatives about Harvey Weinstein's rumored behavior.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fea...column-1049819

Related

Tremendous pressure on Hillary, Obama to return all money sexual predator Weinstein raised

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I would bet money that Harvey and Bill liked to drink together.
    FLASHBACK: Weinstein Was A Donor To Bill Clinton’s Legal Defense Fund In Sex Assault Case
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/10/fl...-assault-case/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If anyone doesn't salute her honesty, that one is disrespecting her genderhood politics.

Linda Bloodworth-Thomason: Lessons from Witnessing Four Decades of Harassment in Hollywood (Guest Column)

October 18, 2017

The creator of 'Designing Women' and Clinton confidant details horrific stories of sexual impropriety and abuse of power ("The No. 1 casting criterion for an actress is that she be 'hot and f---able") and reveals she warned Democrat operatives about Harvey Weinstein's rumored behavior.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fea...column-1049819

Related

Tremendous pressure on Hillary, Obama to return all money sexual predator Weinstein raised

One of the best friends I will ever have and a man I love dearly, former President Bill Clinton, has certainly taxed my feminist conscience, but always without diminishing my affection. I even helped write his apology to the nation for his own sexual misconduct, was sitting next to him when he delivered it, and believe to this day it was based on something that was none of our business.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

From NYT: Harvey Weinstein's Complicit Protectors

In the weeks and months before allegations of his methodical abuse of women were exposed in October, Mr. Weinstein, the Hollywood producer, pulled on all the levers of his carefully constructed apparatus.

He gathered ammunition, sometimes helped by the editor of The National Enquirer, who had dispatched reporters to find information that could undermine accusers. He turned to old allies, asking a partner in Creative Artists Agency, one of Hollywood’s premier talent shops, to broker a meeting with a C.A.A. client, Ronan Farrow, who was reporting on Mr. Weinstein. He tried to dispense favors: While seeking to stop the actress Rose McGowan from writing in a memoir that he had sexually assaulted her, he tried to arrange a $50,000 payment to her former manager and throw new business to a literary agent advising Ms. McGowan. The agent, Lacy Lynch, replied to him in an email: “No one understands smart, intellectual and commercial like HW.” …

His brother and partner, Bob, participated in payoffs to women as far back as 1990. Some low-level assistants were pulled in: They compiled “bibles” that included hints on facilitating encounters with women, and were required to procure his penile injections for erectile dysfunction. His lawyers crafted settlements that kept the truth from being explored, much less exposed. …

Mr. Weinstein held off press scrutiny with a mix of threats and enticements, drawing reporters close with the lure of access to stars, directors and celebrity-packed parties. Some journalists negotiated book and movie deals with him even as they were assigned to cover him. The studio chief once paid a gossip writer to collect juicy celebrity tidbits that Mr. Weinstein could use to barter if other reporters stumbled onto an affair he was trying to keep quiet. He was so close to David J. Pecker, the chief executive of American Media Inc., which owns The Enquirer, that he was known in the tabloid industry as an untouchable “F.O.P.,” or “friend of Pecker.” …

Disney, the kingdom of family-friendly entertainment, tightly controls its operations, but it allowed the Weinstein brothers to run the Miramax studio with virtual autonomy during the 12 years they were employees…Mr. Weinstein left Disney with a trail of settlements and claims of sexual misconduct that accumulated during his tenure. Disney, which says it was not aware of his alleged abuses, now faces accusations in a lawsuit that it “knew, should have known or was willfully blind.” …

A master of leverage … achieving a stature that at times proved useful in intimidating others and protecting himself. “I know the president of the United States. Who do you know?” Mr. Weinstein, a Democratic fund-raiser, would say during the years Barack Obama was in the White House, adding expletives. …

In late September, emails show, he was discussing a documentary television show he was working on with Hillary Clinton. He had long raised campaign cash for her, and her feminist credentials helped burnish his image — even though Tina Brown, the magazine editor, and Lena Dunham, the writer and actress, each say they had cautioned Mrs. Clinton’s aides about his treatment of women. … “I am hopeful we can get a good price for this,” Robert Barnett, Mrs. Clinton’s lawyer, replied.

Minutes before The New York Times published the first allegations about Mr. Weinstein this fall, he called the reporters who wrote it. Swinging between flattery and threats, … “I am a man who has great resources,” he warned. …

When Disney bought Miramax in 1993, … Soon after The Times published its story about the allegations against Mr. Weinstein, Disney’s former chief executive, Michael D. Eisner, called him “an incorrigible bully” on Twitter. … But Disney continued to bankroll the Weinsteins … and Mr. Eisner tolerated them … In 2004, the Weinsteins turned their high-powered lawyers on Disney as a showdown loomed over growing business disagreements. The next year, Disney and the Weinsteins split. … .

The Celebrity Shield

Mr. Weinstein built his wall of invulnerability from many varied bricks … he also acquired famous friends through his other activities, including in the Democratic politics that dominate Hollywood. Chief among them were Bill and Hillary Clinton. Over the years, Mr. Weinstein provided them with campaign cash and Hollywood star power, inviting Mrs. Clinton to glittery premieres and offering to send her films. … he donated $10,000 to Mr. Clinton’s legal defense fund. Mr. Weinstein was a fund-raiser and informal adviser during Mrs. Clinton’s 2000 Senate campaign, a guest in her hotel suite when she won and a host of an A-list victory party. He was an early backer of both her presidential bids. …

two prominent women said they warned Mrs. Clinton’s team. In 2016, Lena Dunham, the writer and actress, said she was troubled by the producer’s visible presence during Mrs. Clinton’s presidential run, hosting fund-raisers and appearing at campaign events. She had heard stories, both directly and secondhand from other actresses, about disturbing encounters with him, she said. So in March last year, Ms. Dunham, a vocal Clinton supporter, said she warned the campaign.

I just want you to let you know that Harvey’s a rapist and this is going to come out at some point,” Ms. Dunham said she told Kristina Schake, the campaign’s deputy communications director. She recalled adding, “I think it’s a really bad idea for him to host fund-raisers and be involved because it’s an open secret in Hollywood that he has a problem with sexual assault.” …

Tina Brown, the magazine editor, said she cautioned a member of Mrs. Clinton’s inner circle about him. “I was hearing that Harvey’s sleaziness with women had escalated since I left Talk in 2002 and she was unwise to be so closely associated with him,” Ms. Brown said in an email. …

With the Democratic National Convention approaching in summer 2016, Ms. Dunham said she also warned Adrienne Elrod, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Clinton who was leading efforts with celebrity campaigners. As far as Ms. Dunham could tell, the campaign had not responded to her concerns about Mr. Weinstein. Weeks before Election Day, the producer helped organize a star-packed fund-raiser: an evening on Broadway with Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway and others. …

While Ms. Dunham says she has “an incredible allegiance to Hillary,” … she remains troubled by what had happened. “A year and a half ago, on one of the most progressive campaigns in history, this wasn’t a problem,” she said, referring to the allegations about Mr. Weinstein. ..

Days after Mrs. Clinton’s election loss, the Clintons had dinner with Mr. Weinstein, Mr. Boies, the lawyer, and their wives at Rao’s restaurant in Harlem, Manhattan.

Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Weinstein began planning a documentary TV show about her campaign. Discussions about the project stretched out for months with her lawyer, Robert Barnett …

Irwin Reiter, a Weinstein Company executive, said that he repeatedly raised concerns about the producer’s behavior, but the efforts went nowhere. … But the allegations kept coming. Even as other women at the company complained of abuse, Mr. Weinstein was never fully held to account. …

The Weinstein brothers used “fear, intimidation, psychological and emotional abuse” on their executives, male and female, said Amy Israel, Miramax’s former co-head of acquisitions. “As a spectator to the abuse you were silenced by the fear that you would become the next target,” …

Mr. Weinstein shielded himself with legal measures that silenced alleged victims and muffled employees. Mr. Weinstein has said he struck at least eight to 12 settlements with women claiming mistreatment, according to two associates who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Steve Hutensky, a Miramax lawyer nicknamed the Cleaner-Upper by some colleagues, helped write an agreement with Ms. Perkins in 1998 that barred her from disclosing Mr. Weinstein’s name, even to a therapist, and required her to provide “reasonable assistance” to Miramax if the company chose to contest any criminal investigation t…
    Mr. Boies, a trusted adviser to Mr. Weinstein, signed a contract this summer with Black Cube, a private investigative firm founded by former intelligence analysts from the Israel Defense Forces. The firm was hired to block The Times’s reporting about Mr. Weinstein, and an operative posed as a women’s rights advocate to get information from an accuser …

Mr. Weinstein somehow knew personal information about Ms. Rehal, mentioning her student loans and where her younger sister attended school and saying he could have her kicked out… he said. “This is Harvey Weinstein University, and I decide if you graduate,” he told Ms. Rehal and other assistants. Other former employees recall him saying, “One phone call and you’re done.” …

Just before the Times investigation was published, Mr. Weinstein asked Mr. Reiter to speak favorably about him to reporters: “If you don’t help me, 180 people will lose their jobs,” Mr. Weinstein said … When he refused, Mr. Weinstein threatened: “You’re not so clean either — I have stuff on you,” …

Much more:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.