Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union 2018

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He also bucked Congress on Russia sanctions.

Ron is a member of the press now running a business. No doubt he was going to make some noise after SOTU regardless so people tune into to his videos and site for Ad revenue. Maybe a little bit bitter that it is not his son up there right now and he may not be alive long enough to see that day, understandable.
    The neocons all came out to praise Trumps foreign policy and bash Ron Paul on a Ron Paul website. So brave.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh fV(k these kennedys!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sure they can, just not with their second cousins..
    Or parents, siblings, and adult children.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Protect the nuclear family by ending chain migration". Ending chain migration means that (immigrant) families cannot be united. That is "protecting families"?

You protect the families that are here by preventing criminal relatives of immigrants from entering the country and murdering them.

It is really quite that simple, Zippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Maxine is up to bat . . .
    Fixed it for you.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He's absolutely wrong, given that Trump is one of the most pro-Russian presidents in recent memory.
    Trump is the most pro Israel president in recent memory. Trump is just a straw man, get the $#@! out of here with that neocon bull$#@!.

I seem to recall candidate Trump being judged as non-supporting of the site mission, some years ago.

Now we have this promotional thread.

Can someone tell me what changed, and, especially, why any libertarian should continue to frequent this place?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Shut up you Democrat shill, reason's for cucks.
    A well deserved -rep

Tell me where the libertarians went and I'll leave and let RPF devolve into a Fred Thompson Forum.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

I seem to recall candidate Trump being judged as non-supporting of the site mission, some years ago.

Can someone tell me what changed, and, especially, why any libertarian should continue to frequent this place?
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...us-authoritar/

Ron Paul calls Donald Trump a ‘dangerous’ authoritarian: ‘The opposite of a Libertarian’

Former Republican Rep. Ron Paul on Wednesday blasted GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump as a “dangerous” authoritarian on a power trip who won’t value civil liberties the way a U.S. president should.

“I think he’s is a dangerous person,” said Mr. Paul, whose son, Sen. Rand Paul is running against Mr. Trump for the Republican presidential nomination.

“And a lot of people find him sort of funny, and love him, even Libertarian types,” Mr. Paul, who is now a registered Libertarian, lamented on Fox News Radio. “They like him because he’s so disruptive to the party system, and I enjoy that too. But I think he’s a man that if conditions deteriorate, which they can — see I work on the assumption that the world is no more stable than Greece, and if those conditions come, people want to be told what to do: ‘And I know what the answer is, and I’ll do this, and I am the man to this.’

“And [Mr. Trump] comes across this very well, and people listen to him, and I believe he may be raising white horses someplace and he’s going to ride in,” Mr. Paul continued. “Because he is almost the opposite of a Libertarian, because it’s not like ‘I want to give you your freedom and your liberty to run your life as you choose. Your civil liberties are absolutely yours, you can’t hurt anybody, it’s your own money you can spend it any way you want.’ But he sounds like the person, ‘I know the answers and I’m going to do this and I’ve done this, I’ve done this, this and this.’”

“An authoritarian?” Fox’s Alan Colmes asked.

He’s an authoritarian and that’s the way he claims he made all his money. So I see that as dangerous,” Mr. Paul responded.
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/27/ro...rian-candidate

Trump was able to co-opt much of the messaging of an establishment that has maintained a bipartisan consensus on these issues without offering much of substance to voters committed to the values of freedom.

"The appearance of the libertarian movement has been set back partially because of Trump, but intellectually we've been doing well," Paul said.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-30-2018 at 09:54 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The neocons all came out to praise Trumps foreign policy and bash Ron Paul on a Ron Paul website. So brave.
    Neocon? Congress just overwhelmingly voted for Russia sanctions and Trump declined it. Trump is trying to avoid a war with Russia regardless of the provocative statements the Dems, their shill media and Neocons in the GOP are saying.

If you want Russia sanctions and war with Russia, then who is the Neocon you $#@!ing moron.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Tell me where the libertarians went and I'll leave and let RPF devolve into a Fred Thompson Forum.
    Please don't leave us.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I’m not sure I agree. Trump is speaking in the context of direct threats. He’s not trying to start a war. What I hear is, “If North Korea wants to start something, they can go ahead and try. They won’t get far.”

Liberty lovers agree with strong national defense. Citizens can self-defend to a point, but a nation needs a trained, mobilized defense. We can’t go against missles with shotguns.
    We are still surrounding Iran and Russia and China with Troops and military and we are just defending ourselves? You have been drinking the orange cool-aid. I can't believe this I usually don't disagree with you.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Neocon? Congress just overwhelmingly voted for Russia sanctions and Trump declined it. Trump is trying to avoid a war with Russia regardless of the provocative statements the Dems, their shill media and Neocons in the GOP are saying.

If you want Russia sanctions and war with Russia, then who is the Neocon you $#@!ing moron.
    Pretty much spot on. I don't like Trump's associations with Israel, but his steadfast relationship with Russia should be commended. The sharing of intelligence to defuse a potential terrorist threat was particularly bold on his end.

You should mention it is from 2015. Out of all people.

The neocon is the guy who is saying that Ron Paul is fake news on a Ron Paul forum because Paul' disagrees with Trump's foreign policy and tweeted about it.

Pretty much spot on. I don't like Trump's associations with Israel, but his steadfast relationship with Russia should be commended.
    Yes. I don't want to fight ruskies. They are mean.

Well, the ginger boy Kennedy is full of crap.
    #NashvilleStrong

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The neocon is the guy who is saying that Ron Paul is fake news on a Ron Paul forum because Paul' disagrees with Trump's foreign policy and tweeted about it.
    Why are you doing this today?

He's absolutely wrong, given that Trump is one of the most pro-Russian presidents in recent memory.
    Most pro-Israel, most pro-Javanka. On Russia, he is more like a militaristic armchair general mixed bag, but next to ISIS enabling left wing neocons/Dems etc he could appear "most pro Russian".

He's is Barack Hussein Obama's gift to America.

Barack Hessein Obama treatment and all that came with it in turn was result of Bush's racially motivated Iraqi freedom war revenge attack. That then leads to 9/11, foreign policy, US support for occupation of Palestinian humans etc.
    Trump seems not very informed on military spending/deficits/birtherism type issues.

I’m not sure I agree. Trump is speaking in the context of direct threats. He’s not trying to start a war. What I hear is, “If North Korea wants to start something, they can go ahead and try. They won’t get far.”

Liberty lovers agree with strong national defense. Citizens can self-defend to a point, but a nation needs a trained, mobilized defense. We can’t go against missles with shotguns.
    Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Yeah, maybe, I'm not paying close attention. I don't remember the President who said something like "lets do less military stuff". Foreign policy is pretty generic, I'd say. He's a good talker, he's as good as Obama at talking.
    The most important thing to the MIC is the bottom line, and Trump says he wants to get rid of the sequester, which somewhat limits spending, so that he can increase military and defense budgets more than they even requested. It's a huge increase in spending. The Iran and North Korea rhetoric is an excuse for that increase.

"Cold War" can be generic, and might also infer arms race (which is what the massive military budget is all about). Trump vacillates on Russia, and he does seem better than the neocons. The first criticisms from the left on CNN was that Trump was too weak on Russia, so they must believe that he is better on Russia than neocon Hillary. Of course when Trump is hanging out with Neocon Nikki, you have to wonder where he really stands.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Muh Russia.

Ideas are worth fighting for.
    It makes you less genuine.

We are still surrounding Iran and Russia and China with Troops and military and we are just defending ourselves? You have been drinking the orange cool-aid. I can't believe this I usually don't disagree with you.
    No, not really. I don't like that we occupy almost every nation on earth. That should stop yesterday. At the same time, we have a lot of sabre rattling from the little turd in North Korea, and he should know that we are very well prepared to go against anything he wants to toss out there.
    #NashvilleStrong

Jan2017

Rand Paul is a libertarian fiscal conservative GOP Senator from Kentucky - hopefully he will be in the 2020 nomination mix against Pence.

His Dad authored a compilation of the Congressman's comments called "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" . . .
    and Trump is moving us - if only an inch - toward the non-interventionist ideas to cut foreign aid to the Pakistans of the world,
    and getting the EU to finance there own defense instead of on US taxpayers back.

Yeah, bad that Trump referred to "the nuclear deterence" tonight, while the Doomsday Clock ticks at two minutes to midnight.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-30-2018 at 10:05 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the ginger boy Kennedy is full of crap.
    Yes. I can't believe they featured this particular guy - whiter than white - richer than rich - way out of touch with reality - and he doesn't even have that boston accent - nobody's buyin' this guy.

Muh Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Twitter
    "Cold War is alive and well! Military-industrial complex and Deep State still in charge"
    I agree with Ron Paul on foreign policy but you have to admit this particular sentence is silly in context.

We are lucky the Deep State has not taken Trump out because of his foreign policy. It is some in the GOP establishment and some Dems that are pushing the cold war and aggressive intervention.

Me thinks Ron did not tweet that.

No, not really. I don't like that we occupy almost every nation on earth. That should stop yesterday. At the same time, we have a lot of sabre rattling from the little turd in North Korea, and he should know that we are very well prepared to go against anything he wants to toss out there.
    Trump has expanded military actions vs Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, and threatened actions against Iran and North Korea. He wants more money for military. He has sent more troops abroad. As for Korea, the only way the US can have any impact on them would be by military actions. We have no political or financial influence on them. Should we attack the "little turd"?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast