Thread: No Fear, No Mask and No Helmet, Either

Exclamation No Fear, No Mask and No Helmet, Either

No Fear, No Mask and No Helmet, Either

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...comment-736260

By
    eric -
    May 4, 2020

You get pushed enough, eventually you push back. Wear a seatbelt. Wear a helmet. Wear a mask.

No.

It is enough.

A Solzhenitsyn Moment descends when people finally realize they have nothing left to lose – except their chains.

And much to regain.

The Mask Mandate was a mandate too far. Bad enough to be denied the freedom to do as you like inside your own car, when the doing harms no other person. And the same when on your bike, when it harms the person on the bike – who is denied the freedom to feel the sun on his face and the wind in his hair as well as forced to have his visual range diminished and his auditory range all-but-eliminated by an edict that he must wear a got-damned helmet or else because some control freaks are “concerned” that if he wrecks, he might get hurt.

It doesn’t matter that he is arguably more likely to wreck – because of the got-damned vision-limiting helmet, which makes it harder to see things coming at the rider from the side without turning his head to look – at which point, his eyes are no longer on the road ahead.

But the point isn’t even that.

It does not matter whether wearing a helmet is “safer” – or not. What matters, all you Karens and Kevins reading these words – is that it is not your business to impose your “concerns” on other human beings. You have no more right to demand that people wear a helmet, or a seatbelt – or a Fear Mask – than you have to demand that people stay out of the sun or stay home or do – or not do – anything else you don’t happen to like.

You despicable little busybodies – you worms – need to relearn the concept of minding your own business. And it is going to be a lesson imposed by the fists (and more) of people who have, at last, reached the limit of their willingness to put up with your kind.

You have gone too far with Fear Masking.

You have lit a fuse that is going to result in an explosion the likes of which your atrophied humanity cannot conceive because you have no humanity and do not understand what happens when bullied human beings have reached their limit.

You are about to find out.

I rode my motorcycle yesterday sans the got-damned helmet – the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. I rode around like this for an hour, the feelings I haven’t felt in more than 25 years – the last time it was “legal” to ride a motorcycle sans helmet – flooding back and rebooting my tired – but rejuvenating – soul.

Because I no longer care about the consequences. About the legality.

I insist on my freedom – and not just to decide for myself whether to wear va helmet or “buckle up” or wear a Fear Mask and perform Sickness Kabuki.

It is enough!

I had forgotten how diminished life is because of Karens and Kevins. How each year, it gets a little worse, a bit more insufferable. More rules, more fines. And now taped lines – Cattle Chuting and Fear Masking.

No.

It is enough!

I rode with a smile, laughing into the breeze – almost wanting to be confronted by one of your attack dogs – the armed government workers you poltroons rely upon to enforce your “concerns.” If confronted, there would have been no contrition. I might not even have stopped.

Why in the world should I, as a moral matter? Who are these thugs – just the right word – to swing in behind me, order me to halt and accost me with a gun and and extortion notes demanding the payment of money?

For what?

Because some Karen or Kevin is “concerned” I might scuff my own got-damned noggin?

Piss off, you costumed cretin. Your legitimacy isn’t showing. People – good people – are just wanting to live their lives and tired of being treated like criminals by criminals.

These AGWs are soon going to understand the fear they have been imposing on the population. It is medicine much needed to restore the health of this society.

And when they have been schooled, the Karens and Kevins will be alone. Their “concerns” – if they dare to express them again – will have consequences.

It has been a long time coming.

And it is about got-damned time.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had to go to a Wal-Greens to pick up my parents prescriptions. They have floor decals saying go this way or that. I took the shortest route to the pharmacy section as I normally do. $#@! 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I had to go to a Wal-Greens to pick up my parents prescriptions. They have floor decals saying go this way or that. I took the shortest route to the pharmacy section as I normally do. $#@! 'em.
    The grocery store here has limits on people, a line to wait to get in, one way isles and lines on the floor at the register. I walked right past the line of masked people waiting to get in, got a cart and shopped like normal, then just walked right and put my stuff down. Nobody stopped me or said anything.

I also just traveled through NH,MA,CT,NY,NJ and PA. If I had followed all the stupid 14 day rules, my trip would have taken months.

I won't be wearing any masks under any circumstances. Wonder if people give me dirty looks every time I go to the supermarket.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

You go Eric.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Good point about helmets. That is an issue that only effects the rider, and the nation has complied for a long time on that.

It could be argued that masks are a different matter, as lack of them they may effect other people.

Ironically, I was wearing an N95 mask to the grocery store right from the start, and at that time, I was getting the dirty looks and being shamed because "it didn't help" and I was "taking them from medical personnel" and "hoarding them". The left was predominant in attacking masks, and now they are leading the way with enforcing masks. Authoritarianism turns on a dime. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It could be argued that masks are a different matter, as lack of them they may effect other people.
    I disagree. If you are a vulnerable person, you should be protecting yourself and staying home. It's not my responsibility to protect you from something that is benign to healthy people.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I disagree. If you are a vulnerable person, you should be protecting yourself and staying home. It's not my responsibility to protect you from something that is benign to healthy people.
    There are a lot of distinct variables to parse. How much can it affect others, and what are the consequences.

- It is contagious, it can be passed it to others. Just a fact.

- It can be contagious without symptoms. Another fact.

- Do we know who is "vulnerable"? This is tough. Many deaths are old people at nursing homes. (40-60%?). But the dangerous and different thing about this virus is it seems to attack the cardio vascular system. That means the vulnerable will be people who might have a predisposition to stroke or heart attack. That means unknown vulnerable people. Some people die at 40 of a surprise stroke or heart attack. Some people are dying of COVID for the same reason.

- Is there a moral imperative to protect others while in public? Up to you to decide.

- Is there a civil liability? This is one reason that officials are hesitant to "allow" re-opening. Always worried about liability. If you come into a business while knowingly sick, and infect all of the employees, shutting down the business, is there any liability? If a customer comes to your business and you infect them, are you liable?

- Is there a criminal liability? Only if there is a law. As this is a vehicle related thread, there is precedence for this kind of liability. It's alcohol. One drink, and you are extra liable. Applying this to a contagious disease, it would only take effect if someone was knowingly sick and passed it on to others. Ridiculous? Maybe. But the real world is ridiculous.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are a lot of distinct variables to parse. How much can it affect others, and what are the consequences.

- Do we know who is "vulnerable"? This is tough. Many deaths are old people at nursing homes. (40-60%?). But the dangerous and different thing about this virus is it seems to attack the cardio vascular system. That means the vulnerable will be people who might have a predisposition to stroke or heart attack. That means unknown vulnerable people. Some people die at 40 of a surprise stroke or heart attack. Some people are dying of COVID for the same reason.

- Is there a moral imperative to protect others while in public? Up to you to decide.

- Is there a civil liability? This is one reason that officials are hesitant to "allow" re-opening. Always worried about liability. If you come into a business while knowingly sick, and infect all of the employees, shutting down the business, is there any liability? If a customer comes to your business and you infect them, are you liable?

- Is there a criminal liability? Only if there is a law. As this is a vehicle related thread, there is precedence for this kind of liability. It's alcohol. One drink, and you are extra liable. Applying this to a contagious disease, it would only take effect if someone was knowingly sick and passed it on to others. Ridiculous? Maybe. But the real world is ridiculous.
    Think about this. You do not have the right to restrict my freedom for your safety. If I am healthy why should I have to restrict my movement or cover my face?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Think about this. You do not have the right to restrict my freedom for your safety. If I am healthy why should I have to restrict my movement or cover my face?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    I just analyze the reality of the situation. Not making recommendations. I'm fine with me wearing my mask, and you running around naked.

Good point about helmets. That is an issue that only effects the rider, and the nation has complied for a long time on that.

Ironically, I was wearing an N95 mask to the grocery store right from the start, and at that time, I was getting the dirty looks and being shamed because "it didn't help" and I was "taking them from medical personnel" and "hoarding them". The left was predominant in attacking masks, and now they are leading the way with enforcing masks. Authoritarianism turns on a dime. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    Well, the helmet reasoning goes like this: Helmets help prevent unnecessary brain injuries. Brain injuries require a great deal of medical resources to treat. There is a finite amount of medical resources available at any one time. Any resources spent on treating an unnecessary brain injury cannot be spent on other medical emergencies affecting the public. Thus, one must wear a helmet to protect the public health. Even if an insured person suffers an unnecessary brain injury, the time of medical professionals is also finite--so any time spent treating the unnecessary brain injury comes at the expense of treating less preventable brain injuries.

Masks help prevent unnecessary infections. Unnecessary infections require a great deal of medical resources to treat. There is a finite amount of medical resources available at any one time. Any resources spent on treating an unnecessary infections cannot be spent on other medical emergencies affecting the public. Thus, one must wear a mask to protect the public health. Even if an insured person suffers an unnecessary infection, the time of medical professionals is also finite--so any time spent treating the unnecessary infection comes at the expense of treating less preventable infections.

Seems both scenarios involve risk to other people. Depends how far one digs. The liberty obliterating precedent is in the details.

If wearing masks to protect public health becomes law, then the precedent is established that specific actions may be required of people to protect the public health--with broader implications than it seems at first--particularly when people are unclear whether or not they have the virus. It assigns a prophylactic duty on the citizenry based upon a possibility. I will add that I agree with you regarding the use of masks--though on a strictly voluntary basis. Where I live? I do not go into confined public spaces without a p100 respirator. In less dense areas of the country this precaution could be considered over the top.

My final word is: If we can, we should focus outrage on the massive failures of all established authority in the early stages of this outbreak. The WHO, the Chinese Communist Party, the CDC, etc. These spectacles, though I understand them, only serve to screen the facts: this outbreak was not inevitable. Specific actions on behalf of the aforementioned caused it.
    Last edited by bv3; 05-06-2020 at 12:20 PM.

"You have gone too far with Fear Masking.

You have lit a fuse that is going to result in an explosion the likes of which your atrophied humanity cannot conceive because you have no humanity and do not understand what happens when bullied human beings have reached their limit.

You are about to find out."

I wish I could say Eric was right on this but I have my doubts.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Like the Common Cold. and with a comparable fatality rate.

Centuries and Generations have survived cold seasons..

I tend to rank threats,, from serious to negligible..

this one comes very near nonexistent threat. Except for the Mindless Panic induced by Government Media.

The Government is becoming a Serious Threat. not the damn cold.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Like the Common Cold. and with a comparable fatality rate.

Centuries and Generations have survived cold seasons..

I tend to rank threats,, from serious to negligible..

this one comes very near nonexistent threat. Except for the Mindless Panic induced by Government Media.

The Government is becoming a Serious Threat. not the damn cold.
    I like what you said here. The real disease is of the spirit and mind.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I have no problem voluntarily wearing a mask for a short time indoors and don't mind following the rules of a private business, I don't mind limiting the spread.. I am very much opposed to mandates from the government..

But what really trips me out is all the people wearing them in their cars or outdoors with no other people around. That is actually making things worse. Turns out if you are asymptomatic or sick, then all of the virus you are breathing out gets stuck in your mask and you inhale them right back in.. so an asymptomatic person may end up getting sick from wearing a mask when they otherwise wouldn't, and a sick person could get sicker. The amount you are breathing out in one breath is not enough of a viral load to get someone else sick (unless it is a small enclosed space for a long period of time, many breaths, heavy breathing, etc.. certainly not outdoors) and it also ends up dying pretty quickly from the UV rays outdoors.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-09-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just back from a no Fear Event,,(again) will find some news reports of it I'm sure.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Just back from a no Fear Event,,(again) will find some news reports of it I'm sure.
    Hundreds Rally. (lol) "hundreds" was the line at the Corn Dog Truck.
    https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...tay-home-order
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom