Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fox News host, Tucker Carlson, advocates mob rule government

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    And yet people do; virtually everything the government does is unconstitutional.

So...

...in what sense then does it rule?
    In the same sense that a king who can be ignored rules, neither the king nor the constitution rules without the loyalty of those who operate the government on a day to day basis, our constitution has lost the loyalty it needs just as Charles I did.

That silence is disapproval.
    Disapproval of what?
    I was discussing a theoretical case where you were silent on an unspecified subject, in any case I can't be said to be ignoring you when you are silent on some subject.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    our constitution has lost the loyalty it needs just as Charles I did.
    The US Constitution failed because the rulers, i.e. the voters, chose to ignore it, as was always in their power, by design.

Charles I failed because the scum of England rebelled, militarily defeated their king and his loyal subjects, and murdered him.

The US Constitution failed because the rulers, i.e. the voters, chose to ignore it, as was always in their power, by design.
    In any system it is possible for the people in positions power or all the people to ignore the ruler and thereby render his/its rule null and void.

Charles I failed because the scum of England rebelled, militarily defeated their king and his loyal subjects, and murdered him.
    Proving my point above, Charles lost the loyalty of enough people with enough power and his rule came to an end.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In any system it is possible for the people in positions power or all the people to ignore the ruler and thereby render his/its rule null and void.

Proving my point above, Charles lost the loyalty of enough people with enough power and his rule came to an end.
    ...not addressing the essential issue.

You claim that constitutions can rule (I, in retort, claim that my unicorn $#@!s money).

..while we're at it, I'll go ahead and claim that I can fly, exhale Cubans, and piss Glenlivet - while we're fantasizing.

Meh

...not addressing the essential issue.

You claim that constitutions can rule (I, in retort, claim that my unicorn $#@!s money).

..while we're at it, I'll go ahead and claim that I can fly, exhale Cubans, and piss Glenlivet - while we're fantasizing.

Meh
    Anyone or any enshrined philosophy or set of rules can rule if people submit to it because rulership is granted by those who submit to it, submission creates rulership not the other way around, no one and nothing can rule without submission, submission can be intimidated out of people but that is not rulership the ruling begins when the intimidation is not actively required anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Anyone or any enshrined philosophy or set of rules can rule if people submit to it because rulership is granted by those who submit to it, submission creates rulership not the other way around, no one and nothing can rule without submission, submission can be intimidated out of people but that is not rulership the ruling begins when the intimidation is not actively required anymore.
    People (not things) rule people, always and everywhere.

Certain people may be disinclined to admit this, because it annihilates their idea of democracy.

...but, but, but,...teh constitution!

Well, people might have finally learned the lesson, after Wilson, FDR, and LBJ (nevermind Robespierre & Lenin), and the rest: but apparently not.

Charles, Louis, and Nickie are having a good laugh.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People (not things) rule people, always and everywhere.

Certain people may be disinclined to admit this, because it annihilates their idea of democracy.

...but, but, but,...teh constitution!

Well, people might have finally learned the lesson, after Wilson, FDR, and LBJ (nevermind Robespierre & Lenin), and the rest: but apparently not.

Charles, Louis, and Nickie are having a good laugh.
    Ideas, rules and decisions rule people, those do come from people but they can be enshrined in a constitution and if people submit to it and remain loyal then it rules.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ideas, rules and decisions rule people
    No, people rule people.

those do come from people but they can be enshrined in a constitution and if people submit to it and remain loyal then it rules.
    If the US Senate pursues libertarian policies, ...they will (but they obviously won't).

...what kind of horse's ass principle is that?

No, people rule people.

If the US Senate pursues libertarian policies, ...they will (but they obviously won't).

...what kind of horse's ass principle is that?
    If the king's court and/or parliament obey him then he will rule but they may not, it is the same in either case.
    No king could rule with the kind of disloyalty the Constitution has been subjected to, if he was lucky he would end up like the Emperor of Japan under the Shogunate, a figurehead with no power. (which is very close to the status our Constitution has)

Also there are supposed to be multiple checks and balances to keep the members of government from violating the Constitution, if necessary the military is supposed to launch a coup to protect it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the king's court and/or parliament obey him then he will rule but they may not, it is the same in either case.
    No king could rule with the kind of disloyalty the Constitution has been subjected to, if he was lucky he would end up like the Emperor of Japan under the Shogunate, a figurehead with no power. (which is very close to the status our Constitution has)

Also there are supposed to be multiple checks and balances to keep the members of government from violating the Constitution, if necessary the military is supposed to launch a coup to protect it.
    Right....frankly, I'm tiring of this.

Does the democratically elected US government mind the constitution?

Nope, not even a little bit.

Retard has, I GUARANTEE, never read it.

Right....frankly, I'm tiring of this.
    I think we are done.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Retard has,
    Are you trying to get RPF in trouble?

I think we are done.
    Any sensible person will appreciate my point, which is to say that the 'oi polloi is all yours.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234