Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul should pick his VP now

Paul should pick his VP now

To show that he is still in the race.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't know. Maybe Paul should follow what is really supposed to happen and say 'the CONVENTION is supposed to pick the president.... AND the Vice President....'
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Sarah Palin If nothing else, it will get media attention, and I am growing weary of the all boy's club. She has not endorsed Romney and I think she would do it! I can only imagine the crowds they would draw!
    Last edited by TrishW; 08-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.

As horrible as this sounds, if Ron Paul really wants to take over the convention and win the nomination then I think his campaign needs to talk to the Santorum campaign and agree to a Paul/Santorum ticket. Most of the constitutional and social conservatives would switch from being loyal to Romney and cast their votes for Paul, thus causing a brokered convention.

Choosing Palin could also do this but I'm fairly confident that Santorum would be the best bet to help Paul win the nomination.

- ML

Santorum and Ron Paul have absolutely nothing in common.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    As horrible as this sounds, if Ron Paul really wants to take over the convention and win the nomination then I think his campaign needs to talk to the Santorum campaign and agree to a Paul/Santorum ticket. Most of the constitutional and social conservatives would switch from being loyal to Romney and cast their votes for Paul, thus causing a brokered convention.

Choosing Palin could also do this but I'm fairly confident that Santorum would be the best bet to help Paul win the nomination.

- ML
    I don't know. I think at this point the only actual 'Santorum backers' are really moral majority, not specifically Santorum and they had him in low single digits until the fake Santorum surge by CNN in Iowa made the religious vote go to Santorum. I dont think they are utterly sold on him. Palin, Bachmann someone like that might fire them up equally as much. Of the two, I like Palin because she is independent, more, and I think she doesn't really have a set foreign policy she is sold on, to be honest. Neither are my candidates. But Bachmann voted for NDAA and to extend the Patriot Act etc etc.

However, I find it hard to get BEHIND any of them and wouldn't want Ron to pick them and take on their policies. I'd rather the VP was picked from the floor where compromises wouldn't taint Ron.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I bet a Ron Paul / Sarah Palin ticket would kill the opposition. I have this undeniable quality of being an average American, and I say the polls would crash for Obama if this was the other choice.

Couple of things....

1) Santorum hates Romney.

2) Ron Paul has nothing in common with any of the Republicans.

3) If we want to be serious about getting Paul the nomination, we need to compromise a bit. I'm sorry but Ron Paul announcing Napolitano, or Walter Williams as his VP isn't going to get the social conservatives to switch from Romney to Paul.

Santorum is horrible, I know this, but I'm looking at what is the most important right now, Obama/Biden vs Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden vs Paul/Santorum. Which one would you choose?

- ML

Couple of things....

1) Santorum hates Romney.

2) Ron Paul has nothing in common with any of the Republicans.

3) If we want to be serious about getting Paul the nomination, we need to compromise a bit. I'm sorry but Ron Paul announcing Napolitano, or Walter Williams as his VP isn't going to get the social conservatives to switch from Romney to Paul.

Santorum is horrible, I know this, but I'm looking at what is the most important right now, Obama/Biden vs Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden vs Paul/Santorum. Which one would you choose?

- ML
    I'd choose to fight it out on the floor at RNC where Ron isn't tainted by the result, but has it presented to him by the delegates.

the Santorum people got cheated by Romney too - while Santorum has nothing in common policy-wise, politics-wise there are significant mutual interests in not allowing Communists like Romney to control the GOP.

Judge Nap.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'd choose to fight it out on the floor at RNC where Ron isn't tainted by the result, but has it presented to him by the delegates.
    I would too, but going into the convention with a 5% chance of coming out with the nomination by doing it that way versus working a deal with Santorum and almost guaranteeing the nomination is better in my opinion.

- ML

I would too, but going into the convention with a 5% chance of coming out with the nomination by doing it that way versus working a deal with Santorum and almost guaranteeing the nomination is better in my opinion.

- ML
    um. maybe.

but isn't it really the delegates, not Santorum who are the question? And would one of their leaders be better to discuss it with and maybe get a better choice?

I think this is all pretty unlikely, but if we are playing with the thought, and why shouldn't we, it seems to me these aren't so much Santorum's followers as the moral majority folks already in the system, and they just took whichever 'religiously approved' candidate was surging. I guess the question is who would those of them who are delegates follow?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-11-2012 at 11:53 AM.

- ML
    would hurt Paul since he already said that Sweater vest is a fake... the would reflect badly... but Paul could make a statement that would get some awareness... Paul could state that he is "considering Romney on his short list of running mates" ... but doubt Paul will do any of this since its against the Party rules for a candidate to choose a running mate before coming the actual nominee

- ML
    hellz no. absolutely not. not only do they have nothing in common, not only would you be putting a warmongering wingnut second in line, but you'd absolutely destroy the most important thing Ron Paul brings to the table - his ability to draw independents. Santorum is... NO. Just no.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

I'd be on board if Ron came out and said he would pick Sarah Palin as his VP especially right now. A little media buzz going into Tampa would not hurt our chances in the slightest.

I cannot believe the Palin love around here. What the hell does she have to do to prove to people that she's a blithering idiot? A statist blithering idiot, at that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

paul/santorum would lose to obama... BUT, it'll give paul some nice national TV debates to further spread the message to hundreds of millions of people. however, paul and santorum hates each other and santorum's job was to siphon votes away from paul.

also, imagine paul getting incapacitated and santorum becoming president? lol. that scares me o.o;;
    Last edited by alucard13mmfmj; 08-11-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonF View Post
    To show that he is still in the race.
    I agree.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul or Andrew Napolitano or Barry Goldwater Jr

We need a successful business person to match Ron.

How about Meg Whitman:

She happens to be a BILLIONAIRE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Whitman

Edit: And about 100X smarter than Palin.
    Last edited by RonRules; 08-11-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

I was thinking of Andrew Napolitano

In February 2009, Whitman announced her candidacy for Governor of California, becoming the third woman in a twenty year period to run for the office. She won the Republican primary in June 2010. The fourth wealthiest woman in the state of California with a net worth of $1.3 billion in 2010, she spent more of her own money on the race than any other political candidate spent on a single election in American history, spending $144 million total of her own fortune and $178.5 million including donors. Whitman lost to Jerry Brown in the November 2 election.

With Ron and Meg Whitman, we could carry California.

He should choose Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Just that is good enough for me:

"She had wanted to be a doctor, so she studied math and science at Princeton University. However, after spending a summer selling advertisements for a magazine, she switched to studying economics, earning a B.A. with honors in 1977. Whitman then obtained an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1979."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast