Thread: Ever read the preamble to the Russian Constituion?

Ever read the preamble to the Russian Constituion?

it is really pretty interesting.

We, the multinational people of the Russian Federation, united by a common fate on our land, establishing human rights and freedoms, civic peace and accord, preserving the historically established state unity, proceeding from the universally recognized principles of equality and self-determination of peoples, revering the memory of ancestors who have conveyed to us the love for the Fatherland, belief in the good and justice, reviving the sovereign statehood of Russia and asserting the firmness of its democratic basic, striving to ensure the well-being and prosperity of Russia, proceeding from the responsibility for our Fatherland before the present and future generations, recognizing ourselves as part of the world community, adopt the CONSTITUTION OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.

http://www.constitution.ru/en/10003000-01.htm

lets compare that to our own. shall we?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    http://constitutioncenter.org/intera...amble/preamble

are they both equally bad ideas?
    they both pertain to Federations. ( I don't think China is a Federation.)(but they DO have a Constitution)
    which one do you like better?
    Last edited by HVACTech; 10-16-2016 at 12:19 AM. Reason: bad spelling in the title. and I can't change it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    it is really pretty interesting.

We, the multinational people of the Russian Federation, united by a common fate on our land, establishing human rights and freedoms, civic peace and accord, preserving the historically established state unity, proceeding from the universally recognized principles of equality and self-determination of peoples, revering the memory of ancestors who have conveyed to us the love for the Fatherland, belief in the good and justice, reviving the sovereign statehood of Russia and asserting the firmness of its democratic basic, striving to ensure the well-being and prosperity of Russia, proceeding from the responsibility for our Fatherland before the present and future generations, recognizing ourselves as part of the world community, adopt the CONSTITUTION OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.

http://www.constitution.ru/en/10003000-01.htm

lets compare that to our own. shall we?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    http://constitutioncenter.org/intera...amble/preamble

are they both equally bad ideas?
    they both pertain to Federations. ( I don't think China is a Federation.)(but they DO have a Constitution)
    which one do you like better?
    We were supposed to be a Republic ,, not a Federation.
    a lady asked Dr. Franklin “Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy.” Franklin replied, “A republic . . . if you can keep it.”
    and then some $#@! happened.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    We were supposed to be a Republic ,, not a Federation.

and then some $#@! happened.
    I am not so sure that AF would agree with your sentiments...

"It must be acknowledged that the term republic is of very vague application in every language... Were I to assign to this term a precise and definite idea, I would say purely and simply it means a government by its citizens in mass, acting directly and personally according to rules established by the majority; and that every other government is more or less republican in proportion as it has in its composition more or less of this ingredient of direct action of the citizens. Such a government is evidently restrained to very narrow limits of space and population. I doubt if it would be practicable beyond the extent of a New England township." --Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816. ME 15:19

is this a good idea? @Anti Federalist
    should "Rules" be placed on a Democracy?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Definitely the US version.

is this a good idea?
    should "Rules" be placed on a Democracy?
    Of course it is a good idea. The Bill of Rights is such a list of rules that a simple majority cannot vote to change.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Of course it is a good idea. The Bill of Rights is such a list of rules that a simple majority cannot vote to change.
    if I am not mistaken Sir. this is the very definition of what a "Republic" is.
    "Rules" placed on a democracy.

if you place "Rules" on a Democracy.... it is no longer a Democracy...

Words. All. Pablum. Nothing more.

if I am not mistaken Sir. this is the very definition of what a "Republic" is.
    "Rules" placed on a democracy.

if you place "Rules" on a Democracy.... it is no longer a Democracy...
    GOOD.
    Democracy is not that great. if you are the minority. it needs restraint.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HVACTech thinks the bill of rights was for pussies, and ruined the CONstitution.

HVACTech thinks the bill of rights was for pussies, and ruined the CONstitution.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Words. All. Pablum. Nothing more.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    negative Sir. I REALLY am a commercial HVACTech.
    (that should have been warning enough for you)

why would YOU think that I do not understand "controls" ?

to understand "controls" it is necessary to understand what you are trying to control.

sweetie.

Last edited by HVACTech; 10-17-2016 at 08:09 PM.