Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Largest medical fraud takedown in American history'

Opiates are dangerous. Careless use of them can hurt you and others.

Cars are dangerous. Careless use of them can hurt you and others.

Lets not regulate everything that can hurt someone even though we may not approve of it personally.

Opiates are fine for most sensible people just like cars, guns, and soda. Be responsible in your decisions and let others do the same.

Just my .02

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I have chronic headaches. Real blasted pain nearly everyday in my head and neck resulting from trauma.

I can't get anything to take when it's at its worse. Was told to take more OTCs, in fact. Yeah that'll do it!

Wife suffers from severe panic attacks. Real bad stuff, but she would take half a Xanax when they'd get bad and she would be fine after a bit. 90 pills lasted over a year so that tells you how responsible she was... they took them away. Said to try meditation. Now she thinks she's dying once a week when the panic sets in and just suffers quietly.

$#@! your precious government and $#@! their interference in my health care.
    Amen brother!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    You are either grossly uninformed, or deliberately hiding the fact that this has become an epidemic. And this is pretty common knowledge.
    Um... yeah, that's it. I'm part of a "conspiracy". I'm hiding the "facts" so that my pharma buddies can make some big bucks...

Source.

Yes, but this LIBERTY does not exist in the U.S. If it did, most pharmaceutical companies would go out of business.

Just legalize all the illegal drugs today, almost all of which are 1. Natural, 2. More effective than pharmaceutical copy-cats, but 3. NOT patentable.

In which states are Opioid addictions DECREASING? Those states where marijuana has become legal.

Dr. Oz Looks at Medical Marijuana as a Potential Cure for Opioid Addiction
    Your "source" has an ax to grind and I don't trust them any more than I trust the goonerment or big pharma. I'm using something called "common sense" which is filtered by my personal experiences or the experiences of people I know and trust.

These kinds of studies are almost always pushing an agenda and this one seems to qualify. There's an old saying: "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics..."

33,000 deaths and only "about" half are prescription?? Care to show the real numbers?? I have no idea what those real numbers are but I know how to read between the lines. So we have 16k "prescription" deaths?? First of all that's a pretty small percentage of people on prescription meds and secondly they don't further specify if the "prescription" medication was actually prescribed for the person who died or were the drugs stolen or sold on the "free" market to others who abused them? I suspect there's quite a bit of that going on, how about you??

P.S. The lawsuit means nothing in our sue happy society. The drug maker probably just settled to avoid long drawn out and expensive legal battle. Hell their insurance company probably insisted they settle so they can get on with business...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Um... yeah, that's it. I'm part of a "conspiracy". I'm hiding the "facts" so that my pharma buddies can make some big bucks...

Your "source" has an ax to grind and I don't trust them any more than I trust the goonerment or big pharma. I'm using something called "common sense" which is filtered by my personal experiences or the experiences of people I know and trust.
    Great. You win the argument then, since stats mean nothing, and your own "common sense" trumps everything else.

Overdose deaths involving prescription opioids have quadrupled since 1999,1,2 and so have sales of these prescription drugs.3 From 1999 to 2015, more than 183,000 people have died in the U.S. from overdoses related to prescription opioids.1,2
    Source - CDC

Of the 20.5 million Americans 12 or older that had a substance use disorder in 2015, 2 million had a substance use disorder involving prescription pain relievers and 591,000
    had a substance use disorder involving heroin.

Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the US, with 52,404 lethal drug overdoses in 2015. Opioid addiction is driving this epidemic, with 20,101 overdose deaths related to prescription pain relievers, and 12,990 overdose deaths related to heroin in 2015.
    Source - American Society of Addiction Medicine

There are many more reports, (like I said, this is common knowledge), but of course your experience trumps all this.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Great. You win the argument then, since stats mean nothing, and your own "common sense" trumps everything else.

Source - CDC

Source - American Society of Addiction Medicine

There are many more reports, (like I said, this is common knowledge), but of course your experience trumps all this.
    No one is trying to say there is no drug problem! Of course there is (and pretty much always has been). We can all see that with our own eyes. What I "doubting" is the fake numbers coming from the fake news. If you want to believe them that's entirely up to you. I'm just putting this out there so others don't follow down the fake news road.

Am I right about my position? I really don't know. I do know that for 40 years or so "doubting" what I read in the news has put me on the right side of reality more often than not so that's where I stand. If those numbers turn out to be real (I doubt it) then I'll admit that I was wrong. Until such time I shall continue to sow doubt on vague "studies" that are worded in generalities...

THIS ONE

No one is trying to say there is no drug problem! Of course there is (and pretty much always has been). We can all see that with our own eyes. What I "doubting" is the fake numbers coming from the fake news.
    I did not quote any "news" source. I quoted two health organizations that track numbers like this. "Fake new" has become the new all purpose straw man to knock down by anyone who wants to make a point but has no facts to support it.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The pharmaceutical industry and the FDA would never let a highly addictive substance come to market. No way.

I'm using something called "common sense" which is filtered by my personal experiences or the experiences of people I know and trust.

These kinds of studies are almost always pushing an agenda and this one seems to qualify. There's an old saying: "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics..."

33,000 deaths and only "about" half are prescription?? Care to show the real numbers?? ....
    Now, this is what using common sense looks like. ^

A few of us on this thread, have had first hand experience with these drugs and/or pain, so can claim to know know what we're talking about.

Others here, have NO EXPERIENCE WITH DRUGS or chronic pain. You are simply reading government propaganda and spreading it. This is not helpful to anyone.

The info our government is publicizing about an "opioid epidemic" is contrived and written to mislead. They're creating a false impression to achieve their own outcomes. They want you to place all the blame on doctors. "The doctor is your enemy" "Doctors must be controlled" "We will save you from these selfish doctors."

Well, from my real world experience, and the experiences of persons around me, this is not the way it is! Also, I'm old enough to remember earler "drug crisis" that used similar tactics. They tell you who the monster is, then throw your money around to save you from it.

I'm not saying that there hasn't been an increase in opioid use, addiction and especially overdoses - there has been! But it's not because of doctors. They take a real problem and then create their own phony version of what's caused it and why it occurred. You can bet, they've already decided how they want to "save us" from it! "Never waste a good crisis!" - remember?

Has anyone missed the fact that they just budgeted $45 billion for this opioid epidemic?

Here's an idea. Try reading some of the government reports that have NOT been publicized. Dig up a copy of the 2015 National Drug Threat Assessment. In it, they essentially admit that the increase in overdoses is due to all the fentanyl brought into the country by trans-national criminal organizations and gang-connected illegal aliens. Remember that Obama encouraged and even enticed these people to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

Others here, have NO EXPERIENCE WITH DRUGS or chronic pain. You are simply reading government propaganda and spreading it.
    And you know this how? You are actually wrong....

This is not helpful to anyone.
    What is not helpful is using solely subjective experiences to promote one's agenda.

The pharmaceutical cartel is the most powerful economic force not only in the U.S., but in the world. They use the FDA in the U.S. to squash anything natural to promote their pharmaceutical products.

Statistics show that in the states where marijuana is legal prescription opioid use decreases. How does that "government propaganda" achieve their purposes?

Your whole argument in fact betrays "common sense."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And you know this how? You are actually wrong....

What is not helpful is using solely subjective experiences to promote one's agenda.

The pharmaceutical cartel is the most powerful economic force not only in the U.S., but in the world. They use the FDA in the U.S. to squash anything natural to promote their pharmaceutical products.

Statistics show that in the states where marijuana is legal prescription opioid use decreases. How does that "government propaganda" achieve their purposes?

Your whole argument in fact betrays "common sense."
    Talk about "straw men"...
    Just bring up the pharmaceutical cartel and try to paint anyone who disagrees with you with that brush. How does goonerment propaganda achieve ANY purpose? They scare the weak minded into thinking they NEED them to fix their problems. Time for you to wake up and smell some Liberty...

THIS ONE

I did not quote any "news" source. I quoted two health organizations that track numbers like this. "Fake new" has become the new all purpose straw man to knock down by anyone who wants to make a point but has no facts to support it.
    Yeah, I count those "health organizations" as fake news. They have an agenda and they mean to trick people into helping them achieve it. I'm sure they appreciate your help.

THIS ONE

Yeah, I count those "health organizations" as fake news. They have an agenda and they mean to trick people into helping them achieve it. I'm sure they appreciate your help.
    Oh yes, we "help" organizations like the CDC.

CDC stories on Health Impact News.

Oh yes, we "help" organizations like the CDC.

CDC stories on Health Impact News.
    By "we" are you indicating you have a position with the Health Impact News organization?

And you insinuate that you think the CDC is corrupt (since you provided the link) and yet your previous point was supported by information you obtained from this same CDC...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-16-2017 at 08:16 AM.

THIS ONE

By "we" are you indicating you have a position with the Health Impact News organization?

And you insinuate that you think the CDC is corrupt (since you provided the link) and yet your previous point was supported by information you obtained from this same CDC...
    I provided MULTIPLE sources to show that the opioid addiction and abuse problem is common knowledge. It is not even a debatable fact. This response about the corruption in the CDC is response to your absurd statement that I was "helping" them somehow. You are obviously uninformed. My connection to Health Impact News is well known, as it has been in my signature for many years.

Pain killers are not the enemy

I agree there is rampant corruption in the pharmeceutical industry, but to blame this on legally prescribed pain meds is barking up the wrong tree. The corruption occurs because our government colludes with the industry and keeps legal those practices that allow them to ramp up prices way beyond anything realistic. Opioid pain-relievers are NOT one of the drugs driving their profits - opioids are cheap! But our own government has set up a system that favors one corporation over another, and allows the most politically connected one to monopolize a product by disallowing competing products.

Consider the epi-pen - epinephrine autoinjector. Without it, a severe allergic reaction means death for some people. It costs around 8 bucks to produce a 2-pak, but "Since Mylan bought the EpiPen in 2007, the device’s wholesale price has soared from $100 to more than $600 for a now-standard two-pack." http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/0...ector-about-10 There are competing products, but Mylan can charge whatever they want because the FDA protects them by disallowing the competition's products.

This makes perfect sense to me! It stands to reason, that when you have a 2nd choice for relief, you are going to try it, maybe stick with it, or use it intermittently. This would have the effect of reducing the overall number of people using the 1st choice. The key word is "choice". I'm entitled to choose what works best for me. My choice should not be made by some bureaucrat who has never used either drug and is therefore clueless about their effectiveness, or ineffectiveness.

Still, it's notable that the statistics you are citing fail to acknowlege the huge amount of illegally obtained pain meds used. This includes real vicodin/percocet/etc and counterfeits - all purchased on the black market from cartel people, gangs, crooked doctors. Legitimate doctors play no role in this! By the way, the CDC is just another offshoot of our massive government, not an independent source.

Marijuana also appears to help opioid addicts quit and stay off of opioids - which also makes sense to me. Again, it's a matter of having a choice. I'll take it a step further and assert that if marijuana had been legal, we wouldn't even see an increase in opioid use. Most people would stick with harmless, easily obtained, legal marijuana - but no one in the government wants to believe that because it would place the blame on them.

I agree that natural cures are an additional choice we should have access to and the FDA/gov isn't interested in them. But I find that nearly all the claims are pretty much useless. You can research any herb or plant substance, and someone out there will tell you it cures cancer, or whatever! They rarely bother to tell you how to put the herb to practical use, ie what quantity is needed to have an effect, or how to isolate/quantify the active ingredient. It's always just vague suggestions. Not useful.

I want to retain my options. I reject the vilification of pain killers.
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

I agree that natural cures are an additional choice we should have access to and the FDA/gov isn't interested in them. But I find that nearly all the claims are pretty much useless. You can research any herb or plant substance, and someone out there will tell you it cures cancer, or whatever! They rarely bother to tell you how to put the herb to practical use, ie what quantity is needed to have an effect, or how to isolate/quantify the active ingredient. It's always just vague suggestions. Not useful.
    You mean like the Amish Farmer whose salve claims got him locked up for 6 years?

Natural Alternatives to Deadly Prescription Opiates
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/nat...iption-opiates

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is not that the FDA/gov is not interested, it is that they see non-patentable natural substances that cure (marijuana is a good example) as competition to their patented drugs, and therefore aggressively suppress them.

The information on natural cures is plentiful. And they are used in many countries outside the U.S.

Recently the FDA targeted essential oil companies, around the time Big Pharma was working on an Ebola drug.

Here is a good article on comparing pharmaceutical drugs with plant extracts (essential oils).

Why Essential Oils Heal and Drugs Don’t

by Dr. David Stewart, Ph.D.
    The Chemistry of Essential Oils

If you tell most medical doctors that essential oils bring about healing with no negative side effects, they won’t believe you. This is because in medical school, students are repeatedly told by their professors that all effective medicines have negative side effects, and if they don’t then they can’t be effective.

When I was in medical school one professor emphasized this point in a colorful, graphic manner with specially prepared slides. In each slide specific drugs were depicted as evil looking demons or goblins. As he presented each picture, he explained, “Although ugly and capable of doing harm, these ‘demons’ are also the bearers of some good. So long as the benefits outweigh the risks, we use them,” he summarized. “We have no choice,” he continued, “because if a drug has no dangers, then it can have no benefits. That’s just the way it is. And that’s why it is essential that only qualified physicians be allowed to prescribe medicines,” he concluded.

Actually, the professor was telling the truth. Within the restricted practice of allopathy (MDs) the only real medicines are physician prescribed pharmaceuticals. Such medicines always do have negative side effects. All of them. No exceptions. Hence, doctors are trained to accept the bad with the good as the price of effective medicine.

The Danger is in the Drug Itself

The dangers of prescription drugs are intrinsic to the drugs themselves, not in how they are administered. No matter how careful the physician in prescribing and how compliant the patient in following doctor’s orders, even then deaths and damages occur. In fact, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, more than 100,000 Americans die every year, not from illegal drugs, not from drug overdoses, not from over-the-counter drugs, and not from drug abuses, but from properly prescribed, properly taken prescriptions. In this country, more people die from doctor’s prescriptions every ten days than were killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Why is this so? Why do allopathic drugs always have undesirable effects (along with their apparent benefits) while one can find healing with natural products, such as essential oils, with no undesirable effects? Here is why.

Why Companies Deliberately Sell Dangerous Products

It is illegal to patent any natural product. The way to big profits in the medicine industry is to create an unnatural substance that never before existed in nature, then patent it, and obtain a monopoly. Hence, the molecules of pharmaceutical drugs are all strange to the human body. In all the history of humankind, such molecules were never encountered or taken into any human body. Hence, the body does not easily metabolize them. God never made your body to accept and deal with these chemicals and antibiotics.

Non-toxic natural organic substances are usually easily eliminated by the body when their usefulness has run their course. Up to a point, your body can even deal with and eliminate natural toxic substances. But when your body receives a synthetic substance, even one that may seem benign or inert (like plastic), your body does not know how to metabolize and eliminate it. If sent to the liver to break it down into disposable compounds, the liver says, “Hey. What is this? I don’t know what to do with it. Here kidneys, you take it.” Then the kidneys react saying, “Hey liver, don’t send it to us. We don’t know what it is either. Send it to the pancreas. Maybe it will have an enzyme that can deal with it.” Then the pancreas objects, “Hey guys, what do you think you are doing? I don’t want this stuff. Dump it in the blood or the lymph or try the spleen. Maybe the spleen can filter this thing out or something.” Finally, the substance ends up in the long term waste holding area of the body (usually fat tissue, including the brain) where it can remain for years and even for a lifetime, perturbing normal body functions as long as it remains. That’s why you can find traces of prescription drugs in your body taken in childhood, decades ago.

On the other hand, natural molecules, such as those found in essential oils, are easily metabolized by the body. In fact, your body was created to handle them. When an essential oil molecule finds the receptor sites it was designed to fit and conveys its information to the cell, or participates in other therapeutic functions, it then goes on its way to the liver and the kidneys and moves out of the body. Its benefits have been conveyed and its job is complete.

By contrast, the unnatural molecules of man-made drugs attach themselves to various tissues, disrupting normal function for years while the body tries to figure out what to do with them. Meanwhile, they wreak mischief with our bodily functions and even our minds.

Who is in Control?

Another reason commercial drug companies don’t want to sell natural products is that they are not in complete control of their production. When you synthesize everything in a laboratory, you are in control. You can produce your medicines at will, in any quantity, whenever you choose. This way you can meet market demands as they materialize.

When you depend on nature to grow your product, God is in control. You are at the mercy of the seasons. You can only grow so much with a given year’s crop. If a year’s supply runs out before the next crop is ready for harvest, then you and your customers just have to wait. Meanwhile, you lose potential sales and profits.

Drug companies want to be totally in charge of producing their products. They don’t want God to be in charge. By omitting God from the manufacture of their medicines, they have omitted his healing power.

Drugs versus Oils

Drugs and oils work in opposite ways. Drugs toxify. Oils detoxify. Drugs clog and confuse receptor sites. Oils clean receptor sites.

Drugs depress the immune system. Oils strengthen the immune system. Antibiotics attack bacteria indiscriminately, killing both the good and the bad. Oils attack only the harmful bacteria, allowing our body’s friendly flora to flourish.

Drugs are one-dimensional, programmed like robots to carry out certain actions in the body, whether the body can benefit from them or not. When body conditions change, drugs keep on doing what they were doing, even when their actions are no longer beneficial.

Essential oils are multi-dimensional, filled with homeostatic intelligence to restore the body to a state of healthy balance. When body conditions change, oils adapt, raising or lowering blood pressure as needed, stimulating or repressing enzyme activity as needed, energizing or relaxing as needed. Oils are smart. Drugs are dumb.

Drugs are designed to send misinformation to cells or block certain receptor sites in order to trick the body into giving up symptoms. But drugs never deal with the actual causes of disease. They aren’t designed for that purpose. While they may give prompt relief for certain uncomfortable symptoms, because of their strange, unnatural design, they will always disrupt certain other bodily functions. Thus, you always have some side effects.

Oil molecules send information to cells and cleanse receptor sites so that they bring your body back to natural function. Oils are balancing to the body. Drugs are unbalancing to the body. Oils address the causes of disease at a cellular level by deleting misinformation and reprogramming correct information so that cells function properly and in harmony with one another. With drugs, misinformation is fed into the cells so that some temporary relief may be obtained, but there is never any true healing. Drugs only trade one kind of disease for another.

Because essential oils properly applied always work toward the restoration of proper bodily function, they do not cause undesirable side effects. They are feeding the body with truth. Drugs feed the body with lies. While no amount of truth can contradict itself, it doesn’t take many lies before contradictions occur and the body suffers ill effects.

Eighteen Doctors Speak Out

Not all physicians are caught up in the idea that the only good medicines are ones that can also be harmful. Here are some comments by physicians, themselves, on the practice of medicine.

“Every educated physician knows that most diseases are not appreciably helped by medicine.”
    Richard C. Cabot, M.D. Professor Harvard School of Medicine; Author of Differential Diagnosis, The Art of Ministering to the Sick, and other books.

“The cause of most disease is in the poisonous drugs physicians superstitiously give in order to effect a cure.”
    Charles E. Page, M.D.

“Medicines are of subordinate importance because of their very nature, they can only work symptomatically.”
    Hans Kusche, M.D.

“The person who takes medicine must recover twice, once from the disease and once from the medicine.”
    William Osler, M.D.

“If all the medicine in the world were thrown into the sea, it would be bad for the fish and good for humanity”
    O.W. Holmes, M.D. American Poet, Professor of Medicine, Dartmouth College and Harvard University

“Drug medications consist in employing, as remedies for disease, those things which produce disease in well persons. Its materia medica is simply a lot of drugs or chemicals or dye-stuffs—in a word poisons. All are incompatible with vital matter; all produce disease when brought in contact in any manner with the living; all are poisons.”
    R.T. Trail, M.D. Author of The True Healing Art and other books. Quote from a lecture to members of Congress and the medical profession, Smithsonian Institute, Washington D.C.

“Every drug increases and complicates the patients condition.”
    Robert Henderson, M.D.

“The greatest part of all chronic disease is created by the suppression of acute disease by drug poisoning.”
    Henry Lindlahr, M.D. Author of Diagnostic Methods, Nature Cure: Philosophy and Practice, Natural Therapeutics, and other books.

“Medicine is only palliative, for back of disease lies the cause, and this cause no drug can reach.”
    Wier Mitchel, M.D.

“Medical practice has neither philosophy nor common sense to recommend it. In sickness the body is already loaded with impurities. By taking drug – medicines more impurities are added, thereby the case is further embarrassed and harder to cure.”
    Elmer Lee, M.D. Past Vice President, Academy of Medicine.

“Our figures show approximately four and one half million hospital admissions annually due to the adverse reactions to drugs. Further, the average hospital patient has as much as thirty percent chance, depending how long he is in, of doubling his stay due to adverse drug reactions.”
    Milton Silverman, M.D. Professor of Pharmacology, University of California. Author, The Drugging of America, Prescription for Death, and other books.

“What hope is there for medical science to ever become a true science when the entire structure of medical knowledge is built around the idea that there is an entity called disease which can be expelled when the right drug is found?”
    John H. Tilden, M.D. Author of Impaired Health, Etiology, Hygiemic, and Dietetic Treatment of Appendicitis, and other books and articles.

“We are prone to thinking of drug abuse in terms of the male population and illicit drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and marijuana. It may surprise you to learn that a greater problem exists with millions of women dependent on legal prescription drugs.”
    Robert Mendelsohn, M.D. Chairman, Illinois State Medical Licensing Board, Author of Confessions of a Medical Heretic, How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor, and other books.

“Why would a patient swallow a poison because he is ill, or take that which would make a well man sick.”
    L.F. Kebler, M.D. Author of Technical Drug Studies, Medicated Soft Drinks, and other works.

“Drugs never cure disease. They merely hush the voice of nature’s protest, and pull down the danger signals she erects along the pathway of transgression. Any poison taken into the system has to be reckoned with later on even though it palliates present symptoms. Pain may disappear, but the patient is left in a worse condition, though unconscious of it at the time.”
    Daniel. H. Kress, M.D. Author of The Cost to Society of Cigarettes: A Century of Analysis, Ulcers and Smoking, and other books.

“There are over 10 million adverse reactions yearly from FDA-approved over-the-counter and prescription drugs. We are not talking about mild nausea or headaches. Between 60,000 and 140,000 people die each year from adverse drug reactions. Each year, more Americans die after taking prescription drugs than died in the entire Vietnam war. Over half the drugs approved by the FDA since 1976 were later found to be much more toxic than previously thought. Several had to be removed from the market.”
    Julian Whitaker, M.D. Author of Reversing Heart Disease, Guide to Natural Healing, The Heart Surgery Trap, and other books.

“There are significant efforts by insurance companies to exclude preventive health care and education and the use of natural, inexpensive remedies, while ignoring the benefits of nutrition. At the same time they pay huge medical claims to hospitals for surgery and pharmaceutical products. There is an unwritten agreement between hospitals and insurance providers to reimburse the hospitals for services performed in hospitals – to scratch each other’s back – so to speak. There is a hidden agenda in this. If insurance providers pay hospitals for patients’ medical claims, then at the end of the year the insurance companies can go to the state insurance commissions with their track records and request a premium increase. A premium increase translates into more profit for the insurance carriers as well as the hospitals.”
    Terry S. Friedmann, M.D. Author of Freedom Through Health and other publications. Co-founder and Board Member, American Holistic Medical Association.

“The necessity of teaching mankind not to take drugs and medicines, is a duty incumbent upon all who know their uncertainty and injurious effects; and the time is not far distant when the drug system will be abandoned.”
    Charles Armbruster, M.D.

So there you have it, why oils heal and drugs don’t. Let’s hope Dr. Armbruster is right, that “the time is not far distant when the drug system will be abandoned.” Pharmaceutical companies and their physician drug dealers could market and sell natural products with genuine healing capabilities, but most won’t. There isn’t any money in it.

Emergency Medicine is the Best of Medicine

In Dr. Robert Mendelsohn’s book, Confessions of a Medical Heretic, he describes medicine as a practice of religion rather than a practice of science. Doctors practice what they believe, not what they can substantiate by valid science. According to Mendelsohn, in the religion of medicine, physicians are the high priests and their ecclesiastical robes are their white coats. Hospitals are the temples where many holy waters are dispensed in the form of drugs, antibiotics, and vaccines. People tithe to the church of medicine by dutifully paying their insurance premiums. The word “prescription” is very close to the term “prescriptural,” thus implying a scriptural basis for their use. The Holy Bible containing the scriptures of medicine is the Pharmaceutical PDR. For millions of people, their faith and confidence in the religion of medicine is far greater than their belief in the institutions of worship they may attend. In a crisis, they would sooner call 911 than call upon God in prayer.

Dr. Mendelsohn was a practicing pediatrician at the Michael Reese Medical Center in Chicago, a professor at the University of Illinois School of Medicine, Chairman of the Illinois State Licensing Board, and appeared on national television many times. He is author of another book entitled, How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor, where he states, “When it comes to treating a sick child, one grandmother is worth two pediatricians.” He also often said, “If you always assume your doctor is wrong, most of the time you will be right.” In Dr. Mendelsohn’s opinion, “The best of medicine is emergency medicine.” I agree. When it comes to chronic disease, they have little or nothing to offer – no cures, only treatments and disease management.

I don’t want to imply that there is no use for medical care as we have it today. If I were in a serious accident with a massive head injury, damage to my internal organs, or a broken limb, I would want to go to the nearest emergency room as fast as possible with the best physicians and nurses on staff. Allopathic medicine is wonderful in a crisis and saves many lives. Emergency medicine is what they do best. In a traumatic situation where you could die unless immediate action is taken, allopathy with all of its drugs, surgeries, equipment, and other paraphernalia can be just what you need to get through the crisis.

But as for healing, allopathic medicine doesn’t offer much. After you have been rescued by allopathic measures from imminent death in an emergency situation, the healing is still up to you by seeking other modalities. And when it comes to chronic illness like cancer, arthritis, diabetes, or cardiovascular disease, allopathy has no cures and usually makes matters worse.

One reason medical practitioners do best in a crisis is because that is the emphasis in their training. In fact, in America, 85% of medical expenditures are for crisis applications – responding to accidents, acute life-threatening conditions, or patching up the body when seriously advanced disease has occurred and death may be imminent. Meanwhile, less than 6% of health care expenditures are for prevention and wellness education.

True healing can only take place with the participation of the patient on all levels – mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical. The idea of “leaving it to the doctor” leads to unending sickness and poor health. Health care and health maintenance is something you do for yourself, with the help of God. Not something for which you pay your money and continue to do as you please without altering your lifestyle.

Health care is your responsibility – not the government’s, not the insurance company’s, not the health care system’s, and not the doctor’s.

Can the Present Health Care System Change?

In my opinion, changing the medical system toward natural and spiritual forms of healing that encourage more individual responsibility is impossible. The system can’t change. It won’t change. It must be replaced. There was a time for horses and buggies, but when automobiles came along people gave up their former ways of transportation. There is also a time to repair your car and keep it, and a time to discard it for a new one. The medical profession is a sophisticated machine, but it rests on a fallacious foundation. Its philosophical basis is like a Model-T Ford stuck in the mud that can’t move and won’t change.

There is a time to repair the old car and a time to replace it. The current medical system is an old car, beyond repair, parked on a false foundation. It survives, not because it serves the good of humanity, but because it has become politically entrenched in our society. The time has come to remove its legal franchise and replace it by allowing alternative modalities to flourish free of the shackles placed upon them by allopathy’s monopolistic intent.

Terry Friedmann, MD, in his book, Freedom Through Health, envisions a new holistic system to replace the current one that emphasizes personal responsibility and fosters cooperative relationships among many modalities with allopathy playing only a minor role. Dr. Friedmann’s new health care model would include nutrition, exercise, stress management, and aromatherapy, to address the whole person – mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In their books, Robert Mendelsohn, MD, and Richard Gerber, MD, also foresee a new holistic medical paradigm – one not dependent on allopathic drugs and procedures as its primary focus.

The time has come to move on to paradigms and modalities based on different premises than those that underlie modern allopathy. Those of you who have opted out of the system in favor of essential oils and their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits are among the pioneers who are replacing the system.

As for those of you who have taken over-the-counter or prescription drugs over long periods of time, essential oils are your best friend because they can cleanse the residues of these toxins from your system once and for all and help restore your body back to its natural healthy state.

Excerpted from the book: The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple: God’s Love Manifest in Molecules – Chapter 11

Copyright Care Publications – All rights reserved.

About the Author

Dr. David Stewart studied theology, philosophy, and English at Central Methodist College in Fayette, Missouri (1955-58) and studied chemistry, biology and social sciences at Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg (1962-63). He also studied commercial photography at Los Angeles Trade Technical College (1959-60). He completed a BS degree in Mathematics and Physics at Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy in 1965 and was salutatorian of his graduating class. His MS and PhD degrees are in geophysics (theoretical seismology) and were earned from the University of Missouri at Rolla in 1969 and 1971 respectively. He spent a semester in medical school at the University of North Carolina (1973) and has been a Certified Childbirth Educator (CCE) with the American Academy of Husband-Coached Childbirth (AAHCC) since 1975.

Dr. Stewart is also a Registered Aromatherapist (RA) with the nationally recognized Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC), which is endorsed by the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapists (NAHA), of which he is a member.

He has held positions as a hydraulic engineer and hydrologist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Southern California (1965-67). He was a professor on the faculty of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, (1971-1978) and also held a professorship at Southeast Missouri State University (1988-1993). He was also a part-time United Methodist Pastor (1993-94, 1997-99) in rural Missouri. He has been the Executive Director of the InterNational Association of Parents and Professionals for Safe Alternatives in Childbirth (NAPSAC International) since its founding in 1975.

For most of his professional career, Dr. Stewart has been self-employed as an author and lecturer, mainly in the area of alternative health care. He has also served on advisory committees to the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). He has testified as an expert on health matters before state legislative committees, U.S. congressional committees, medical licensing boards and courts of law throughout the U.S. as well as in Canada.

He has authored or coauthored over 200 published works including more than a dozen books (including Healing Oils of the Bible). Two of his books won the “Books of the Year” Award from the American Journal of Nursing. One of his flyers on breastfeeding (published by La Leche League International, LLLI) sold over two million copies in ten languages.

Now, this is what using common sense looks like. ^

A few of us on this thread, have had first hand experience with these drugs and/or pain, so can claim to know know what we're talking about.

Others here, have NO EXPERIENCE WITH DRUGS or chronic pain. You are simply reading government propaganda and spreading it. This is not helpful to anyone.

The info our government is publicizing about an "opioid epidemic" is contrived and written to mislead. They're creating a false impression to achieve their own outcomes. They want you to place all the blame on doctors. "The doctor is your enemy" "Doctors must be controlled" "We will save you from these selfish doctors."

Well, from my real world experience, and the experiences of persons around me, this is not the way it is! Also, I'm old enough to remember earler "drug crisis" that used similar tactics. They tell you who the monster is, then throw your money around to save you from it.

I'm not saying that there hasn't been an increase in opioid use, addiction and especially overdoses - there has been! But it's not because of doctors. They take a real problem and then create their own phony version of what's caused it and why it occurred. You can bet, they've already decided how they want to "save us" from it! "Never waste a good crisis!" - remember?

Has anyone missed the fact that they just budgeted $45 billion for this opioid epidemic?

Here's an idea. Try reading some of the government reports that have NOT been publicized. Dig up a copy of the 2015 National Drug Threat Assessment. In it, they essentially admit that the increase in overdoses is due to all the fentanyl brought into the country by trans-national criminal organizations and gang-connected illegal aliens. Remember that Obama encouraged and even enticed these people to come here.
    I suggest you read a little real history.

The biggest "criminal" org in the world are the alphabets, they pay all the illegal gangs you are so afraid of to get drugs where they want them.

And marijuana is perfectly safe. It became a "drug" when Big Corps got the gov to make hemp (which is NOT a drug) illegal because it was stronger than steel or cotton & they couldn't have that.

My family are all natural health people- my 73 yr old grandmother is healthier and more attractive than most 30-40 yr olds.
    There is no spoon.

I provided MULTIPLE sources to show that the opioid addiction and abuse problem is common knowledge. It is not even a debatable fact. This response about the corruption in the CDC is response to your absurd statement that I was "helping" them somehow. You are obviously uninformed. My connection to Health Impact News is well known, as it has been in my signature for many years.
    Hey. I'm not your enemy here. Learn how to read what is being written. You can go back and see that I've never stated that there is not an addiction problem. In fact I've pointed out that we've always had a problem. What I've been disputing throughout this thread is the claim that people in the healthcare system are somehow to blame. THAT issue is pure bs pumped out by people who have an agenda that's anti Liberty. Do you disagree?

THIS ONE

Hey. I'm not your enemy here. Learn how to read what is being written. You can go back and see that I've never stated that there is not an addiction problem. In fact I've pointed out that we've always had a problem. What I've been disputing throughout this thread is the claim that people in the healthcare system are somehow to blame. THAT issue is pure bs pumped out by people who have an agenda that's anti Liberty. Do you disagree?
    The healthcare system is certainly deserving of blame. Money is in pain and illness- not in remedies. Even in med school- doctors do not learn anything about prevention of disease- something that everyone should be educated on.

Does that mean there are not good individuals out there in the medical world? Of course not- there are some wonderful people who are trying to help others- they just do not understand the Matrix that they live in.
    There is no spoon.

What I've been disputing throughout this thread is the claim that people in the healthcare system are somehow to blame. THAT issue is pure bs pumped out by people who have an agenda that's anti Liberty. Do you disagree?
    You're clearly brainwashed. The largest criminal settlements in the history of mankind have been settlements against Pharmaceutical companies.

Pharmaceutical companies now among largest corporate criminals in the world: no better than white-collar drug dealers

BMJ: Escalating Criminal Behavior by Pharmaceutical Companies due to Insufficient Penalties

MD$ on the Take: My Career-Ending Expose

Liberty? Are you kidding? There is no "liberty" in the medical system. Only a handful of companies are approved by the FDA, who derives most of their funding from Big Pharma.

The revolving door between Big Pharma and government is well known.

Big Pharma Exec to Head “Independent” Institute Of Medicine

Former CDC Director Julie Gerberding sells 38,368 shares of Merck Stock for $2.3 Million
    Last edited by Created4; 07-16-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I suggest you read a little real history.
    The biggest "criminal" org in the world are the alphabets, they pay all the illegal gangs you are so afraid of to get drugs where they want them.

And marijuana is perfectly safe. It became a "drug" when Big Corps got the gov to make hemp (which is NOT a drug) illegal because it was stronger than steel or cotton & they couldn't have that.

My family are all natural health people - my 73 yr old grandmother is healthier and more attractive than most 30-40 yr olds.
    Come on, I've been a member of Ron Paul forums since 2008 and your talking to me like I just fell off a turnip truck. What in the world gave you the impression that I didn't already know that the government does corrupt things like that, and that marijuana is perfectly safe? (and your grandmother is not better looking than me! )

You're lucky everyone in your family is healthy but it's probably due more to your genes, than anything else - just the luck of the draw. Some of us are born predisposed to certain diseases and there aren't always steps one can take which will alter that course.

Guys, I've read all the classic herbals, newer herbals, a couple recent books on herbal medicines, a bunch of old "materia medica"/Formulary/Dispensatory type books from the late 1800's/early 1900s, and looked into essential oils. I like the idea of natural medicines, but nothing in these books treats the kind of pain I'm thinking about.

When the pain is due to irreparable damage - when the disks in your spine finally flatten completely and dry up, and your vertabrae start growing osteophytes which choke your spinal cord and the nerves that branch off of it to other parts of your body - only an opiate helps. I'll settle for having only 1 or 2 (maybe 3?) good days out of the week if it keeps me from getting addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The healthcare system is certainly deserving of blame. Money is in pain and illness- not in remedies. Even in med school- doctors do not learn anything about prevention of disease- something that everyone should be educated on.

Does that mean there are not good individuals out there in the medical world? Of course not- there are some wonderful people who are trying to help others- they just do not understand the Matrix that they live in.
    Oh my God... Such nonsense! Have you actually been to med school?? Of course they teach prevention. Half of what my wife does with her patients is all about prevention. She is hardly alone as that's what is the focus of primary care medicine. Some of you just have a bone to grind and don't want to believe that medicine helps people. Pretty much every doctor I've heard talk about patient care has stated that if you have a good response with some undocumented treatment then continue with that. No doctor I know thinks they know everything about the human organism.

Want alternative treatment? Go for it. No one is stopping you. In fact both me and my wife use some forms of "alternative" treatments for aliments and we recommend them to our friends and her patients when appropriate.

Peace and Liberty brother...

THIS ONE

I like the idea of natural medicines, but nothing in these books treats the kind of pain I'm thinking about.

When the pain is due to irreparable damage - when the disks in your spine finally flatten completely and dry up, and your vertabrae start growing osteophytes which choke your spinal cord and the nerves that branch off of it to other parts of your body - only an opiate helps. I'll settle for having only 1 or 2 (maybe 3?) good days out of the week if it keeps me from getting addicted.
    But most pharmaceutical products are simply patentable knock offs on the natural stuff to begin with. You cannot get pure, natural opium, for example, because it is illegal.

For example, a drug like vicodin combines hydrocodone with acetaminophen, and acetaminophen is linked to liver disease and other serious side effects.

You'd probably be better off with pure, natural opium, or even heroin, then the toxic pharmaceutical products. But there IS NO LIBERTY when it comes to drugs. Toxic pharmaceutical products are legal, pure, natural forms are not (although some laws are changing on marijuana.)

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're clearly brainwashed. The largest criminal settlements in the history of mankind have been settlements against Pharmaceutical companies.

Pharmaceutical companies now among largest corporate criminals in the world: no better than white-collar drug dealers

BMJ: Escalating Criminal Behavior by Pharmaceutical Companies due to Insufficient Penalties

MD$ on the Take: My Career-Ending Expose

Liberty? Are you kidding? There is no "liberty" in the medical system. Only a handful of companies are approved by the FDA, who derives most of their funding from Big Pharma.

The revolving door between Big Pharma and government is well known.

Big Pharma Exec to Head “Independent” Institute Of Medicine

Former CDC Director Julie Gerberding sells 38,368 shares of Merck Stock for $2.3 Million
    Yes, yes, I'm so brainwashed... I'm waiting for my latest check from the pharma companies right now so I can make my down payment on my Learjet...

Of course the #goonerment alphabet soup agencies are the reason we don't have more choice in medicine. Don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. It's certainly not the doctors who want to have your choices limited. The pharma companies?? They do what all companies are supposed to do - make money for their shareholders. Of course they don't want you to chose pot over their expensive options.

At any rate, I hope if you are ever in a situation where you are in great pain you let the doctors prescribe opiates or anything else that will help you ease your pain. Munching on an herb isn't going to cut it in that situation. If and when your body is back in order, you can use any kind of health routine you like. Putting your broken back in order will be done by a doctor... (oh, and there will be drugs from big pharma there helping you cope...)

P.S. I just did a search on largest lawsuits and guess what?? They weren't pharma related... Where do you get this stuff?? The "top 20" pharma lawsuits don't even add up to the tobacco suit...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 07-16-2017 at 06:07 PM.

THIS ONE

The truth lies somewhere in-between the two sides of this argument.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The truth lies somewhere in-between the two sides of this argument.
    No, it does not.
    There is no spoon.

Oh my God... Such nonsense! Have you actually been to med school?? Of course they teach prevention. Half of what my wife does with her patients is all about prevention. She is hardly alone as that's what is the focus of primary care medicine. Some of you just have a bone to grind and don't want to believe that medicine helps people. Pretty much every doctor I've heard talk about patient care has stated that if you have a good response with some undocumented treatment then continue with that. No doctor I know thinks they know everything about the human organism.

Want alternative treatment? Go for it. No one is stopping you. In fact both me and my wife use some forms of "alternative" treatments for aliments and we recommend them to our friends and her patients when appropriate.

Peace and Liberty brother...
    We're probably not talking about the same idea in the matter of "prevention" and maintaining good health. I've known some pretty decent doctors but I have yet to see one teach how to naturally prevent anything.

And, the gov stops many "alternative" treatments. Like the Amish guy going to jail for 6 years for a salve that has hurt no one.

And Peace backatcha.
    Last edited by Ender; 07-16-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast