Thread: Entire President's Arts Council Quits

Entire President's Arts Council Quits

Citing his remarks on Cville

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...quits-49295455

That's one way to get rid of them I guess

I didn't even know they existed.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if we could encourage whole departments to quit....?

that would be amaze-balls
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

CALExit if we are lucky.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's one way to get rid of them I guess
    Ah yes, more 4D chess. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Ah yes, more 4D chess. LOL.

When was that rendition made, like 2 years ago?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Entire President's Arts Council Quits
    How much did this save the taxpayers?

Too bad its not a paid gig

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Too bad its not a paid gig
    rest assured, if there had been blood to suck they would not have quit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did Melania quit too. She's the honorary chair.

https://www.pcah.gov/

"Arts Council". They have new jobs: identifying art for destruction.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They finally found an excuse.

They've been wanting to quit since they found out Trump wouldn't let them fund anything other than this:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Did Melania quit too. She's the honorary chair.

https://www.pcah.gov/
    But most of the art she's done can only be viewed by those 18 and older.
    Last edited by rpfocus; 08-18-2017 at 08:16 PM.

As president, Trump has also recommended defunding the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities.
    The arts and humanities committee was established in 1982 under President Ronald Reagan and, with the first lady serving as honorary chair, works with both government and private agencies in promoting the arts through such programs as Turnaround Arts and Save America's Treasures. Others signing the resignation letter included Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jhumpa Lahiri; and Vicki Kennedy, widow of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. All were appointed by President Barack Obama.
    At last, something I agree with Trump on. Regime funding of the arts (and sciences, for that matter) has always been an awful idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    But most of the art she's done can only be viewed by those 18 and older.
    You forgot the quotation marks around "art".
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You forgot the quotation marks around "art".
    Because always adding snark is important?

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Because always adding snark is important?
    Because I'm old enough to remember when films featuring naked ladies were shown in "art" theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If this is confirmed, many/all of them may have been left wing neocons from DGP era of "Founding Father of ISIS":

Obama holdovers on president's arts council quit over Charlottesville
    Fox News 11h ago
    Quick, shut down the Department of Education when everyone is worried about being mean to BLM.

Does anyone here really remember the fall 2007 vibe, the enthusiasm, the barrage of innovative campaigning ideas, the novel funding of these ideas, the idea that the campaign itself wasn't really doing anything and the grassroots was running circles around the official campaign, it really was something.

It seems that Trump needs something like that. You get the impression, I think, for the first time in memory, maybe during Carter, that the President is not really on top of things. At this point, there are still holdovers who hate Trump? If Ds and Rs both hate him, where is he going to get employees who are going to do their jobs? He was good enough at politics to win, against Hillary, who was so strongly hated by so many for such a long time, and that's not really all that much. Need more of that general political competence, especially since they're all trying to get you.

What happened to the Tea Party? They still have mailing lists, they can contact their people. Right now, based on the fact that the Hillary/Soros left axis is on offense 100%, it might be a good idea to put them on defense. I think something that a sufficient number of people could rally around would be ARREST HILLARY .

We now live in a world where a significant number of people think that it's ok to throw tear gas into groups of old men who like statues, because they say they're racist, which is really tough term to define, especially since, by some peoples definitions, blacks can't be racist. We live in that world. people get rocks thrown at them because they don't like the other person's feelings.

Well, Hillary committed a crime. The FBI said, yes, the things Hillary did were technically crimes, but we like Hillary, and she bribes very well, so we're going to let her get away with it. Well, she lost, and now it's time for her to go to jail. And Debbie Wasserman Shultz can go to jail, and Podesta can go to jail.

And this is like a Tea Party rally. Arrest Hillary. And speakers go up, smart lawyer/researcher types, who up there and lay out the case for why these people should be arrested. And talk about the arrests that have been made.

Tie in the Satanic Pedophile angle. Talk about the arrests of the pedophiles. That's a core message that would likely put Hillary and the rest of em on the defense. And, throw enough hate to draw in Antifa and then remove any hate at all, so it's Arrest Hillary v Thugs, and the Arrest Hillary can't be hidden. Arrest Hillary is much much more popular than Nazis and the KKK. If there are going to be fights, I'd rather put a better brand name on the Trump/GOP side than Nazis, having the GOP associated with Nazis isn't good for Rand Paul, just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Does anyone here really remember the fall 2007 vibe, the enthusiasm, the barrage of innovative campaigning ideas, the novel funding of these ideas, the idea that the campaign itself wasn't really doing anything and the grassroots was running circles around the official campaign, it really was something.

It seems that Trump needs something like that. You get the impression, I think, for the first time in memory, maybe during Carter, that the President is not really on top of things. At this point, there are still holdovers who hate Trump? If Ds and Rs both hate him, where is he going to get employees who are going to do their jobs? He was good enough at politics to win, against Hillary, who was so strongly hated by so many for such a long time, and that's not really all that much. Need more of that general political competence, especially since they're all trying to get you.

What happened to the Tea Party? They still have mailing lists, they can contact their people. Right now, based on the fact that the Hillary/Soros left axis is on offense 100%, it might be a good idea to put them on defense. I think something that a sufficient number of people could rally around would be ARREST HILLARY .

We now live in a world where a significant number of people think that it's ok to throw tear gas into groups of old men who like statues, because they say they're racist, which is really tough term to define, especially since, by some peoples definitions, blacks can't be racist. We live in that world. people get rocks thrown at them because they don't like the other person's feelings.

Well, Hillary committed a crime. The FBI said, yes, the things Hillary did were technically crimes, but we like Hillary, and she bribes very well, so we're going to let her get away with it. Well, she lost, and now it's time for her to go to jail. And Debbie Wasserman Shultz can go to jail, and Podesta can go to jail.

And this is like a Tea Party rally. Arrest Hillary. And speakers go up, smart lawyer/researcher types, who up there and lay out the case for why these people should be arrested. And talk about the arrests that have been made.

Tie in the Satanic Pedophile angle. Talk about the arrests of the pedophiles. That's a core message that would likely put Hillary and the rest of em on the defense. And, throw enough hate to draw in Antifa and then remove any hate at all, so it's Arrest Hillary v Thugs, and the Arrest Hillary can't be hidden. Arrest Hillary is much much more popular than Nazis and the KKK. If there are going to be fights, I'd rather put a better brand name on the Trump/GOP side than Nazis, having the GOP associated with Nazis isn't good for Rand Paul, just in general.
    Offense wins wars, Defense extends them, it is LONG past time that Sessions put a special prosecutor on the 1001 scandals on the Dem side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment