Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump to Restore Funding to WHO

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    LOL

Seriously, who didn't see that coming?

Just like Trump's "Paris Accord" withdrawal that didn't actually take effect until after he was out of office or the TPP withdrawal that was later rolled into the USMCA. Nothing but lies 24/7/365.

Believe the exact opposite of whatever "Trump Administration" claims and you'll always be much closer to the truth than taking statements at face value.

That is totally incorrect. We were giving nearly $1 billion a year to the WHO. If you "believed" Trump (actually you didn't ever listen to a god damn thing he said anyway), then we would be giving $0 to the WHO.

Now we might be giving $0 to the WHO, or at most $100 million.

If you believed the opposite of what Trump said, we would still be giving then nearly $1 billion.

So if you do the math, who is closer?

If you believe the opposite of Trump:

$1 billion - $100 million = $900 million difference

If you believe Trump:

$100 million - 0 = $100 million difference

So the people who believed Trump actually got it FAR closer to being right than the people who believed the opposite, who are off by at least $800 million.

But honestly, anybody who criticizes Trump for saving us almost $1 billion a year and who takes almost $1 billion a year of funding away from the WHO is just a dick in my opinion. I don't give a $#@! how you spin it. I'm sick of this bull$#@!. If you can convince my why I shouldn't feel that way, then please go ahead.

It would be like if Trump said he wanted to get rid of the income tax, and SS puts up a thread.. then Trump says, oh, we are just going to have a 5% income tax instead.. Then a bunch of stupid motherfuckers come in to complain about it. Seriously, whose side are you on?
    Last edited by dannno; 05-17-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now we only pay as much as China or any other country.

I'd rather nothing, but this is acceptable to me.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I learned after we were going to stop funding NATO. Fool me once.

The WHO should not be receiving a single cent from the US.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10% is much better than 100%
    Orange man done good.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    10% is much better than 100%
    Orange man done good.
    Until in a few months we find out it's back where it started and that it was all bs to keep the trumpkins placated for another day or two while Red Donnie's CFR banker cabinet demolishes the trumpkin's livelihoods. Day after day of propaganda to keep them sitting on ass. That's all he's there to do.

Trumpkin: "Yay Trump saved us a billion dollars!"

Rational person: "Didn't he just sign a $2 trillion spending bill loaded with Democrat and Republican pork?"

Trumpkin: "Yeah but that's ok because he saved us a billion dollars!"

Rational person: "But isn't that like my wife buying a $1000 of new shoes because they were 10% off regular price instead of one new pair at full price?"

Trumpkin: "No, it's totally different. Trump is saving us money! Stop your TDS you libtard!" *clicks Breitbart article*
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I learned after we were going to stop funding NATO. Fool me once.
    You obviously didn't learn $#@!.

If Trump said he was getting rid of the income tax, but then he ended up saying we would have a 3% income tax instead, would you also say that Trump "fooled" you? Or would you be grateful that he just took 90% off your tax bill?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Until in a few months we find out it's back where it started and that it was all bs to keep the trumpkins placated for another day or two while Red Donnie's CFR banker cabinet demolishes the trumpkin's livelihoods. Day after day of propaganda to keep them sitting on ass. That's all he's there to do.

Rational person: "Didn't he just sign a $2 trillion spending bill loaded with Democrat and Republican pork?"

Rational person: "But isn't that like my wife buying a $1000 of new shoes because they were 10% off regular price instead of one new pair at full price?"

Trumpkin: "No, it's totally different. Trump is saving us money! Stop your TDS you libtard!" *clicks Breitbart article*

You must be pretty buff constantly moving those goalposts.

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

President Trump on Monday threatened to permanently halt U.S. funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) if the body does not commit to "major substantive improvements" in the next 30 days.

The president, in a letter to WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, levied a series of allegations that the global health entity overlooked or ignored various warning signs about the coronavirus and criticized its stance toward China during the pandemic.

"We do not have time to waste," he wrote. "That is why it is my duty, as President of the United Staes, to inform you that, if the World Health Organization does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization."

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-major-reforms
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who needs CCTV Cameras when you have Snitches?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Trump threatens to keep WHO funding freeze in place after WH investigation
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...reeze-in-place
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You obviously didn't learn $#@!.

If Trump said he was getting rid of the income tax, but then he ended up saying we would have a 3% income tax instead, would you also say that Trump "fooled" you? Or would you be grateful that he just took 90% off your tax bill?
    Taxation is theft, and I don't know how that relates to the topic at all.

Taxation is theft, and I don't know how that relates to the topic at all.
    It relates to the topic because there are people here who don't seem to want more liberty.

If you asked Ron Paul, what is better, a 3% income tax or a 90% income tax, he wouldn't hesitate to tell you that a 3% income tax is better because Ron Paul advocates for liberty. 3% income tax gives government far less spending power and far less power to control us.

If you can't come out and say that a 3% tax is better than a 90% tax, it wouldn't seem that you would be advocating for the goals of this forum.

Likewise, if you asked Ron Paul if it would be a vast improvement to save 90% on our WHO bill, and pay the WHO almost $1 billion less per year which puts a significant dent into their revenue stream, again, there would be exactly zero hesitation before he said that would be a huge improvement that he would support.

I'm not sure why some people here hesitate to support giving less money to global organizations like WHO and saving us more money. Is it because they want the WHO to have more money and power, despite their claim that they want us to get out of the WHO completely? One can only guess, I suppose.

It relates to the topic because there are people here who don't seem to want more liberty.
    Here is less liberty:

Counting the Biggest Winners of the $7.2 Billion U.S. Coronavirus Battle

> Federal award to Moderna helps boost biotech firm’s shares

> J&J, 3M, Honeywell also among recipients of U.S. spending

The federal government has awarded $7.2 billion in contracts to fight the coronavirus pandemic, including one that would pay a little-known Massachusetts biotech firm more than its reported revenue for the last three years combined.

The award to Moderna Inc. is just one example of the thousands of federal contracts awarded by the Trump administration to fight the coronavirus, according to a review of federal data compiled by Bloomberg Government. Some companies have secured nine-figure deals to supply thousands of ventilators, face masks, hospital capacity and other critical services needed to manage the outbreak.

Amsterdam-based Royal Philips NV has so far been the top corporate recipient with some $661.4 million in agreements. The vast majority of that sum came on April 8 via a $646.7 million contract to procure ventilators from the health technology giant’s Philips Electronics North America unit.

Health and Human Services last week awarded seven contracts worth a combined $1.4 billion to secure thousands of ventilators, which are needed to treat the most severe cases. Among the awards were a $350 million pact with a U.S. affiliate of Asahi Kasei Corp., a $552 million accord with Hamilton Medical Inc. and a $408 million purchase from Vyaire Holding Co. Each of those companies have other, smaller virus-related contracts, lifting the total value of their government work.

The search for a vaccine to counter the disease spurred other large awards, in addition to Moderna’s. In late March, Johnson & Johnson Inc.’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals unit signed a $456.2 million deal for Covid-19 vaccine development, plus a $148.4 million award for anti-viral therapies. Shares of the parent company have risen 2.6% this year compared to the broader S&P 500 Index’s 15% decline.

3M Co. and Honeywell International Inc. each won multiple contracts totaling more than $180 million apiece, mostly to replenish scant supplies of N95 respirator masks. Other mask-procurement deals include a $55.5 million award to Panthera Worldwide LLC and contracts totaling nearly $46 million with Draegerwerk AG & Co. for masks and other medical gear.

The Department of Defense on Tuesday detailed contracts totaling $133 million for 39 million N95 masks made by 3M, Honeywell and a unit of Owens & Minor Inc. over the next 90 days. Those contracts are not reflected in the Bloomberg Government contracting data due to reporting delays.

Separately, Canada’s AirBoss of America Corp. was awarded a contract for more than $96 million to supply the Federal Emergency Management Agency with 100,000 powered air purifying respirator systems. The order is the company’s largest ever and exceeds its average quarterly revenue for the last four quarters.

Services are another major category of federal coronavirus contracts. RER Financial Group LLC received two contracts totaling $350 million to provide data analysis and loan recommendation services to the U.S. Small Business Administration. FEMA meanwhile awarded more than $100 million each to Aecom and ACS, Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA, to erect temporary hospital facilities in Long Island, New York.

Shares of Moderna rose sharply after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services agreed to pay as more than $400 million for the company to develop and test its Covid-19 vaccine now in an initial clinical trial.

Though its market capitalization exceeds $18 billion, the Cambridge-based biotech firm’s revenue was only $60.2 million last year.

Its shares are up 152% this year as of Tuesday’s close (at time of writing April 22, 2020)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...winners-stocks

Pretty impressive numbers, huh?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

What did I learn in this thread...Because I say taxation is theft, I somehow support taxation at 90%. I'm stupid for learning from the NATO bait and switch when it happens again with WHO funding.

What did I learn in this thread...Because I say taxation is theft, I somehow support taxation at 90%. I'm stupid for learning from the NATO bait and switch when it happens again with WHO funding.
    It goes without saying that I am for all reductions. But, the Trump Apologists fail to see (ignore) the bait & switch from WHO, to federally fund biotech/pharmaceutical companies. Gates/Moderna/Operation Warp Speed, as long as the agenda moves forward...

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    It goes without saying that I am for all reductions. But, the Trump Apologists fail to see (ignore) the bait & switch from WHO, to federally fund biotech/pharmaceutical companies. Gates/Moderna/Operation Warp Speed, as long as the agenda moves forward...

They ignore a great deal, consistently paint Trump's positive actions as 100% positive even when there are obvious and significant negatives associated with them and they consistently and deceitfully misrepresent any effort to bring those negatives to light as supporting the evil status quo. They really are nothing but sabateurs or enemy sleepers at this point and why anyone here lends them even the slightest credibility is beyond me. We may need every friend we can get, but with friends like these who needs enemies?
    Last edited by CCTelander; 05-20-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    They ignore a great deal, consistently paint Trump's positive actions as 100% positive even when there are obvious and significant negatives associated with them and they consistently and deceitfully misrepresent any effort to bring those negatives to light as supporting the evil status quo. They really are nothing but agents provocateur at this point and why anyone here lends them even the slightest credibility is beyond me.
    I try to bite my tongue so as not to give credibility/relevance to them. But then I figure a legitimate visitor new to all of this might be perusing the site looking for answers. So it is up to you, me and a few select others to keep things on the right path.

I try to bite my tongue so as not to give credibility/relevance to them. But then I figure a legitimate visitor new to all of this might be perusing the site looking for answers. So it is up to you, me and a few select others to keep things on the right path.

Sadly. I wish I had time to do the job right, but I have a TON of real life stuff on my plate at any given moment, even moreso now, so I can only spare a little time here.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Sadly. I wish I had time to do the job right, but I have a TON of real life stuff on my plate at any given moment, even moreso now, so I can only spare a little time here.
    Same here, we do what we can

Same here, we do what we can
    And the same here- agree with both you and @CCTelander- AND @dean.engelhardt.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Trump on Monday threatened to permanently halt U.S. funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) if the body does not commit to "major substantive improvements" in the next 30 days.

The president, in a letter to WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, levied a series of allegations that the global health entity overlooked or ignored various warning signs about the coronavirus and criticized its stance toward China during the pandemic.

"We do not have time to waste," he wrote. "That is why it is my duty, as President of the United Staes, to inform you that, if the World Health Organization does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization."

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-major-reforms
    President Donald Trump’s angry demands for punitive action against the World Health Organization were rebuffed on Tuesday by the organization’s other member nations, which decided instead to conduct an “impartial, independent” examination of the WHO’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.In a four-page letter late Monday, Trump had threatened to permanently cut off U.S. funding of the WHO unless it committed to “major, substantive improvements” within 30 days. It was a major escalation of his repeated attempts to blame the WHO and China for the spread of the virus and deflect responsibility for his handling of a worldwide public health crisis that has killed more than 90,000 people in the United States.
    But representatives of the organization’s member nations rallied around the WHO at its annual meeting in Geneva, largely ignoring Trump’s demand for an overhaul and calling for a global show of support in the face of a deadly pandemic.
    The outcome left the United States isolated as officials from China, Russia and the European Union chided Trump over his heated threats even as they acknowledged the need for a review of how the WHO performed as the virus spread from China to the rest of the world.

At the White House on Tuesday, Trump said the WHO would “have to clean up their act.”
    “They have to do a better job,” he said. “They have to be much more fair to other countries, including the United States, or we’re not going to be involved with them and we’ll do it in a separate way.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/members-rejec...122152966.html

Say goodbye to the WHO.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is no "bait and switch from WHO", that's the whole freaking point..

Taking away almost $1 billion annually from them, 90% of our contribution, is a huge win by itself.

But it may turn out we give them nothing. Which would be even better.

The vaccine pushers are exposing themselves right now, don't get in the way of THAT...

The biggest win we could possibly imagine would be the vaccine pushers exposing themselves so the American people see what they are really all about. I can't think of a bigger win.. that is what will lead to REAL permanent changes.

Quote Originally Posted by you know, on 5-21
    Say goodbye to the WHO.

No withdrawal either. Will anybody start to realize that everything he (apply "he" to whichever you prefer) says is a flat out lie?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...w-us-from-who/

On May 29, President Trump said his administration would take immediate action to withdraw the US from the World Health Organization.

"Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization, and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving, urgent global public health needs," Trump said at the time, while criticizing the WHO's response to the coronavirus pandemic and claiming that "China has total control" over the United Nations agency.
    Further Reading
    US “terminating relationship” with World Health Organization, Trump says

But now, two weeks later, there's nothing to indicate that Trump has followed through on his plan. In an article yesterday titled "US hasn't taken action to withdraw from WHO despite Trump pledge," The Hill wrote that "no steps toward a formal withdrawal have been taken," and that "a WHO spokesman told The Hill that the agency had received no formal notification that the United States would withdraw."
    Last edited by devil21; 06-14-2020 at 07:19 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

No withdrawal either. Will anybody start to realize that everything he (apply "he" to whichever you prefer) says is a flat out lie?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...w-us-from-who/
    The deepstate has slowed EVERYTHING down since the very beginning of his term but it all happens, you TDS people said this kind of nonsense about getting out of the TPP and the Paris Climate Accord but we left them.

You do know that Congress gets to allocate money and they tried to impeach him for not spending it where they allocated it, right?
    Trump will get us out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The deepstate has slowed EVERYTHING down since the very beginning of his term but it all happens, you TDS people said this kind of nonsense about getting out of the TPP and the Paris Climate Accord but we left them.
    LOL and back ya go to more provably false claims. It must be becoming very difficult to keep spinning the obvious bull$#@! away day after day while nothing actually happens. Your dedication is admirable, at least.

Ya it really sucks about all the billions of dollars we just saved.
    ^this.

Generally, maga promises are right on the money and not temporary fireworks to game the highly smart base & conservatives of gop.

Hopefully Un-Related

June 15, 2020 / 10:07 AM / 2 days ago
    Exclusive: U.S. senators ask Pentagon if $1 billion in Afghan aid was cut

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two Democratic senators on Monday asked U.S. Defense Secretary Mike Esper what happened to $1 billion in aid for Afghanistan the Trump administration said it would cut nearly three months ago, according to a letter reviewed by Reuters.

Reuters reported on April 5 the reduction would come from funds for Afghan security forces and, on May 20, that the Pentagon had not withheld the money despite Pompeo’s March 23 vow to cut it “immediately.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN23M1Z5

The United States Has Officially Withdrawn From The World Health Organization

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...65375873187841

Check and mate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast