Thread: EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

Last night, critics claimed the EU was at odds with both science and common sense. Conservative MEP Roger Helmer said: “This is stupidity writ large.
    “The euro is burning, the EU is falling apart and yet here they are: highly-paid, highly-pensioned officials worrying about the obvious qualities of water and trying to deny us the right to say what is patently true.

“If ever there were an episode which demonstrates the folly of the great European project then this is it.”

However, last February, the European Food Standards Authority (EFSA) refused to approve the statement.
    A meeting of 21 scientists in Parma, Italy, concluded that reduced water content in the body was a symptom of dehydration and not something that drinking water could subsequently control.

Now the EFSA verdict has been turned into an EU directive which was issued on Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...hydration.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since dehydration is a medical condition this would mean they would need to treat water as a drug, if they want to claim it prevents a medical condition.

The EU should deprive itself of water, after they are all dead , the Muslim hoard can roll dice with the Chinese and Russians for it. I am loading shells and making arrows.

I thought this was going through be an article from The Onion....

Just bought some water cause I'm thirsty, and also happen to be going to Europe in a couple of days.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Since dehydration is a medical condition this would mean they would need to treat water as a drug, if they want to claim it prevents a medical condition.
    Wait for it.....wait for it.........
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Just bought some water cause I'm thirsty, and also happen to be going to Europe in a couple of days.
    Doesn't the EU have enough problems on their hands already?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Now that they have the dehydration problem under control, I think they have time to deal with Petar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Now that they have the dehydration problem under control, I think they have time to deal with Petar.
    Well, the good news is that my family's property has access to a freshwater spring, so it's gonna be a half-decent place to sit out the end-times.

None of y'all Illuminati gang-stalkers better bug me there.

Last edited by Petar; 07-01-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Does water have electrolytes ?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Like out the toilet?

It does after you pee in it.

Drink BRAWNDO, the thirst mutilator! (It's what plants crave!)

Probably cannot even say that it quenches thirst unless of course you have privilege. Then you can claim or say anything you want.

Scientifically and legally speaking, only Brawndo can truly mutilate dehydration.

Good Lord. Parody turning into reality is frightening.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

The insanity just pours...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Living is a medical condition too, as is dying from asphyxiation, which breathing air prevents, so any claim about air means air is a drug and should be banned.

The stupidity is too damn high!

Per a Bremainer FB amigo:

Ross TheSloth Armishaw Seriously though, $#@!ty media is $#@!ty.

A few years back, a couple of German scientists asked the EU's scientific & regulatory body for approval to make certain claims about water. The thing is, they filed it under a category about "diseases" and claimed that drinking water reduced the risk of development of dehydration.

The body came back with the verdict that drinking water does not "cure" dehydration in the conventional sense (as antibiotics might do for bacterial infections) and was rejected more on technical grounds than anything else.

Lo and behold, the national media ran with it saying "the EU is saying water doesn't help with dehydration!", which is not what they said at all.

But hey, this is the media that told everyone that the EU wanted to "ban bendy bananas" and wants to set up an "EU army", so...yeah

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/.../files/main_documents/1982.pdf
    http://www.foodbev.com/.../efsa-and-water-some...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

BAN DHMO!

Sign the petition and tell your congressman!!!!

http://dhmo.org/

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide: • is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    • contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    • may cause severe burns.
    • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
    Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Living is a medical condition too, as is dying from asphyxiation, which breathing air prevents, so any claim about air means air is a drug and should be banned.
    Not banned just regulated.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    And people say that government doesn't work... ffppt.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

The medical conditions that cause dehydration i.e. vomiting or diarrhea are not cured by drinking water, so in that respect, maybe that's the angle they consider, it doesn't reduce the risk of those conditions. If you view dehydration as a symptom of other conditions, water may treat the symptom but does not reduce the risk of developing the condition.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Drink BRAWNDO, the thirst mutilator! (It's what plants crave!)
    Oh an idiocrat, eh?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.