Thread: Tulsa OK Cop Arrested For Pawning His Service Pistol and Shotgun

Tulsa OK Cop Arrested For Pawning His Service Pistol and Shotgun

Enjoy your paid vacay officer -- if you get fired over this, don't worry, you can appeal and have your job again, with back pay. Can't let a 10-year veteran go over a little thing like this.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagela...c81656e61.html

Tulsa police officer arrested on allegations of pawning police-issued pistol, shotgun

Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:00 am | Updated: 3:27 pm, Tue Jun 28, 2016.
    By PAIGHTEN HARKINS World Staff Writer | 15 comments

A Tulsa police officer was arrested Monday on allegations that he sold a police-issued handgun and shotgun to a local pawn shop.
    The officer, Michael Ernie Thompson, 35, was arrested on complaints of embezzlement and two counts of false declaration of ownership, according to jail records.

Thompson is accused of pawning a Glock .40-caliber pistol and a Remington shotgun at EZ Pawn, 2198 S. Sheridan Road, according to his arrest and booking report. The report alleges that he pawned the shotgun on Oct. 19, 2015, and the pistol on March 23.
    Each gun was valued at $340, the report states. Both guns were issued to Thompson.

Thompson, a former University of Oklahoma football player, has worked for the Tulsa Police Department since November 2006. Following his arrest, he was suspended with pay, Police Department spokesman Officer Leland Ashley said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well at least now he'll have time to do some moonlighting while collecting his salary and make a little extra cash to pay off the pawn ticket. genius!

This just goes to show how grossly underpaid these brave heroes are....

Excuse my French but what a $#@!ing moron!

He played football at the University of Oklahoma about 15-16 years ago.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

Let's wait until we hear the Officer' side of this story. Police Officers are innocent until proven guilty.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Excuse my French but what a $#@!ing moron!
    this. Bet he has a bad habit.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Aren't they perma-stamped "Property of the City of Tulsa Police Department", or some such?

And if not, why not?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

Let's wait until we hear the Officer' side of this story. Police Officers are innocent until proven guilty.
    And often usually even then.