Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 in 10 Americans Now Dislike Donald Trump

7 in 10 Americans Now Dislike Donald Trump

7 in 10 Americans Now Dislike Donald Trump

Donald Trump isn’t good at this. More than a month after becoming the GOP’s presumptive nominee, the mogul’s approval numbers are in free fall. The latest Washington Post–ABC News poll finds Trump’s favorability falling 8 points to a piddling 29 percent, while the percentage of Americans holding an unfavorable view of him has increased by 10 to 70 percent.

It’s not just that Trump has alienated every single Hispanic in the United States — although he nearly has, with 89 percent of the demographic disapproving of the Republican nominee. The mogul’s negative ratings have also jumped by double digits in the last month among liberals, conservatives, Republican women, Democratic men, independents, and even non-college-educated whites.

The latter are supposed to be the core of Trump’s support. Every theory of how Trump can actually win the White House relies on him outperforming Mitt Romney with this constituency. And as of May, it was one of the few demographics to approve of the GOP standard-bearer, giving him a plus-14 net favorability rating in the Post–ABC News poll. Now that figure is minus-7.

To be sure, the Democratic nominee is not widely adored. In fact, Hillary Clinton hits her own record unfavorability number in the same poll, earning the disapproval of 55 percent of the American public, up from 53 one month ago. But, while historically high, this number is still far smaller than her general-election rival’s. And at least part of her weakness is a product of her more recently concluded primary fight. Currently, 25 percent of Democrats disapprove of their nominee, including 31 percent of those under 50, a demographic that favored Bernie Sanders in the primary. As Clinton puts distance between herself and that race — and perhaps, eventually, secures Sanders's endorsement — you’d expect her standing with Team Blue to improve.

Even though Clinton’s current unfavorability persists, she’s still in line to win enough “hold your nose” votes to take the White House. A Bloomberg poll released Tuesday showed Clinton boasting a 12-point lead over her Republican rival.

It’s certainly possible that Trump will experience a rebound. Few presidential candidates have ever had a worse month than the GOP nominee just put together. One minute Trump appeared to be shirking on promised donations to veterans groups; the next he was trying to divert attention from revelations of Trump University’s myriad predations by making racist attacks about a federal judge. And, seemingly every day, a major American newspaper published a new exposé about the wildly unethical business practices that have allowed the real-estate heir to retain a portion of his inherited fortune.

But one week after Trump stopped talking about Judge Gonzalo Curiel’s Mexican heritage — and started exercising a bit more message discipline by reading major speeches off a teleprompter — he’s still giving his Republican colleagues new statements to condemn. Since the Orlando shooting, the GOP nominee has insinuated that the sitting president may be secretly sympathetic to the aims of ISIS, recentered his general-election campaign on a Muslim ban opposed by his party’s leadership and the majority of the American public, and, just last night, appeared to deride American soldiers as thieving scoundrels.

At a rally Tuesday night, Trump bemoaned America’s failure to confiscate Iraqi oil after the invasion, then lamented all the resources we wasted in trying to rebuild the nation.

“Iraq, crooked as hell. How about bringing baskets of money — millions and millions of dollars — and handing it out?” Trump said. “I want to know who were the soldiers that had that job, because I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be.”

Trump’s campaign insists the candidate was referring to Iraqi soldiers. But typically, when American politicians refer to soldiers and use no modifier, they’re talking about our troops. And, in point of fact, some American soldiers did steal relief money in Iraq. But why a Republican nominee would find it politically useful to reference this ugly bit of history — apropos of nothing — is a mystery.

Unless, of course, he just isn’t very good at running for president.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ald-trump.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Comedians love him though. Lots of material. Although I'm not sure if they would want to appear at his correspondents dinner. Since they would likely be arrested afterwards.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Comedians love him though. Lots of material. Although I'm not sure if they would want to appear at his correspondents dinner. Since they would likely be arrested afterwards.
    Or killed.

Don't worry - we'll have the Trumpsters coming out of the woodwork telling us this isn't the case. Then, when he loses in dramatic fashion, they'll say it was all the media's fault.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

This must be fake. @dannno assured us that Trump's claiming that his judge was biased because he was Mexican would win over more people than it offended.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He'll piss of the other 30%. Give him time.

He already started in slandering the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He'll piss of the other 30%. Give him time.

He already started in slandering the troops.
    I remember when Trump said McCain wasn't much of a war hero because 'he got caught'. I thought it was all over for Trump with Republicans, then the polls went up - I didn't see that coming from a mile away.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    This must be fake. @<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908" target="_blank">dannno</a></u> assured us that Trump's claiming that his judge was biased because he was Mexican would win over more people than it offended.

I made no such claim.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just like obummer, and he's not even in office yet. The evil bar must be pretty low these days, as Trump support at the polls was overwhelming.

...year of the libertarian. Make it count.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Don't worry - we'll have the Trumpsters coming out of the woodwork telling us this isn't the case. Then, when he loses in dramatic fashion, they'll say it was all the media's fault.
    Then they will blame the libertarians too. You know the ones who will have no impact on an election....
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I made no such claim.

You surely did. You also said that you don't support him yet you defend him in threads all over these forums.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    You surely did.
    No, I didn't. I posted a lot of things in that thread, probably most of it you didn't even read, but that was not one of the things I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    You also said that you don't support him yet you defend him in threads all over these forums.
    I also frequently mention all of the reasons (of which there are many) why I don't support him.

I am just trying to present his candidacy and some of his arguments in an honest, truthful way. It turns people off when you lie or give out misinformation, so it is good to have factual information going into any debate.

You have to really worship the mainstream media in a repulsive, perverted way to trust that they have everything right on Trump.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-15-2016 at 12:21 PM.

rigged poll is rigged.

any poll that doesn't include the questions asked is a bull$#@! poll.

Such a glass half empty way to look at it,

I think it's better to say, that almost a third of country thinks he's Great
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

No, I didn't. I posted a lot of things in that thread, probably most of it you didn't even read, but that was not one of the things I posted.

I also frequently mention all of the reasons (of which there are many) why I don't support him.

I am just trying to present his candidacy and some of his arguments in an honest, truthful way. It turns people off when you lie or give out misinformation, so it is good to have factual information going into any debate.

You have to really worship the mainstream media in a repulsive, perverted way to trust that they have everything right on Trump.
    I think it is the silent majority here that is kinda shocked at the prolific Trumphobiacs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well , I probably cannot find three people in a ten mile radius in my neck of the woods that like Trump , Clinton or Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Such a glass half empty way to look at it,

I think it's better to say, that almost a third of country thinks he's Great
    Thats probably pretty good these days.

I have met only a small handful of Trump supporters. Most were reluctant.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I probably cannot find three people in a ten mile radius in my neck of the woods that like Trump , Clinton or Johnson.
    That is probably because of their dismay in being hoodwinked into voting for Chief Two Dogs in the last election.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-16-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I remember when Trump said McCain wasn't much of a war hero because 'he got caught'. I thought it was all over for Trump with Republicans, then the polls went up - I didn't see that coming from a mile away.
    This is where I wasn't surprised, Rand got more popular when he got fought Mccain, and said the republican brand was old and moldy.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is where I wasn't surprised, Rand got more popular when he got fought Mccain, and said the republican brand was old and moldy.
    There is a yuuuge difference between attacking McCain on his policies and the old moldy Republican brand and attacking McCain for getting caught and being a POW in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a yuuuge difference between attacking McCain on his policies and the old moldy Republican brand and attacking McCain for getting caught and being a POW in a war.
    No because people automatically thought he was against mccain, even though mccain is his biggest fanboy.

It doesn't matter. It's 45-45 Clinton-Trump in all the swing states with people who bother to vote in November.

No one cares that McCain got himself shot down over Nam. Trump's policies are better for the veteran demographic.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Trumps biggest blunder was insulting Bernie Sander's supporters, he could of got more of those people to vote for him if he would of stuck to attacking Clinton. He chickened out on that debate, and when he did he told all of those supporters that he doesn't care to fight for their vote and by proxy their issues.

He screwed up just the other week, the only time imo , when he called Sanders a nutjob in an offhanded comment.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Media says that Trump is finished and unpopular for the 32380280294th time. What a shocker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast