Thread: California Teachers Union Seeks Power to 'Transition' Children Without Parents' Consent

California Teachers Union Seeks Power to 'Transition' Children Without Parents' Consent

In liberal California you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, 16 to drive a car, 21 to buy a gun, alcohol, or pot, but if you want to "change" your gender, you only have to be 12-years-old, and your public school will be more than happy to help.

Under the policy the California Teachers Association is pushing, children will be able to get an abortion, refill their birth control, or even start hormone therapy to "transition" genders, simply by asking a teacher - and all without their parents finding out.

Recent statements from the California Teachers Association suggest that students should be able to undergo a sex change procedure without parental consent or knowledge.

And while this CTA belief does not directly change regulations on the issue, it shows the kind of legislation the powerful union is seeking to support.

On January 26, CTA changed an existing policy to explicitly include transgender and non-binary youth among the students who can leave class without parental permission to receive birth control, abortions, and other such services.

While the updated policy does not include “hormone therapy” explicitly, the rationale discussed by CTA’s civil rights committee in making the policy change indicates that’s the final goal.

Concerned teachers leaked the policy change to The Epoch Times, which is not publicly available.

CTA spokesperson Claudia Briggs confirmed the new belief statement.

The policy now reads: “CTA believes comprehensive school-based health care clinics are needed to bring caring and responsive services to young people.

"The clinics shall provide cisgender, transgender and non-binary youth equal and confidential access to decision-making rights for students and their families.”

The rationale behind this policy change was printed in a CTA Report of Board of Directors, Committees, and Items of New Business in June 2019.

The rationale states: “Current interpretation of California state law does not allow trans students to begin gender identity confirming hormone therapy without the consent of both legal guardians, however it does allow for cis minors to receive hormones (e.g. birth control) without the barrier of parental permission.

“This inequity of decision-making forces some children to go through the wrong puberty and can negatively impact the child’s mental health.”

More at: https://neonnettle.com/features/1766...arents-consent
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! the goddamn teacher unions.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

“This inequity of decision-making forces some children to go through the wrong puberty and can negatively impact the child’s mental health.”
    Reason 1,854 why the currently unfolding collapse may bring us something better. I look forward to a time where someone would be horse-whipped in the public square for suggesting such perversion.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Kick California out of the US. Go to war with California, kill them all, then take California back.

Or, declare tranny a mental illness again, and lock them all up in mental hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Kick California out of the US. Go to war with California, kill them all, then take California back.

Or, declare tranny a mental illness again, and lock them all up in mental hospitals.
    +Rep

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why is the slippery slope considered a logical fallacy? These days it seems more and more like the most important truth to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post
    Why is the slippery slope considered a logical fallacy? These days it seems more and more like the most important truth to live by.
    Because it serves the purposes of those who utilize it against us, like most things it is not always true or false.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment