Thread: Prepare for an increase in entrepreneurship thanks to ACA

Prepare for an increase in entrepreneurship thanks to ACA

There are millions of folks out there who would LOVE to start a business, but have medical issues that keep them from abandoning their companies insurance to buy a more expensive private plan. ACA abolishes discrimination against those with PE conditions, so it will be far far more smooth to transition to owning your own small business if you are already sick.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

also, since the 30 hour workweek will be the new norm, i can see an increase in small business, esp. off the books.

Is that you, Krugman?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by BucksforPaul View Post
    Lol
    I take it all the sick people you know are not quitting a good job to buy a several hundred dollar a month health plan with a several thousand dollar deductible that may not be accepted at the local hospital and starting a small business ?

I've heard the ACA may actually have high deductibles. You may have more easy access to insurance even with a PE, but I'm not sure how good the coverage really is. It probably depends on the type of PE you have or what drugs you need.

People are discovering having health insurance doesn't mean having access to health care. Doctors are magically retiring, not taking new patients, not participating, and lo and behold, these newly "insured" can't actually use the insurance anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I take it all the sick people you know are not quitting a good job to buy a several hundred dollar a month health plan with a several thousand dollar deductible that may not be accepted at the local hospital and starting a small business ?
    Sure, because if they start their own business they won't make squat and will then qualify for subsidies.

Frustrating to see how our OP here is clamoring for a higher minimum wage to force people off welfare in one thread, then insisting on policies that hurt small business and push them onto another kind of welfare in another.

And remember, Congress just modified Obamacare to allow these small group policies to charge a much higher deductible than the individual plans and the big group plans.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-21-2014 at 10:11 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, there have been so many weird/out-there threads the last couple days. I hope the blood moon didn't give everyone mad cow disease.

You don't get your car insurance from your employer and neither should you get your health insurance. Fixed!