Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Obama and co. staged a silent coup?

Has Obama and co. staged a silent coup?

1. June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied.

2. July: Russia joke. Wikileaks releases emails from the Democratic National Committee that show an effort to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) from winning the presidential nomination. In a press conference, Donald Trump refers to Hillary Clinton’s own missing emails, joking: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” That remark becomes the basis for accusations by Clinton and the media that Trump invited further hacking.

3. October: Podesta emails. In October, Wikileaks releases the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, rolling out batches every day until the election, creating new mini-scandals. The Clinton campaign blames Trump and the Russians.

4. October: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.

5. January 2017: Buzzfeed/CNN dossier. Buzzfeed releases, and CNN reports, a supposed intelligence “dossier” compiled by a foreign former spy. It purports to show continuous contact between Russia and the Trump campaign, and says that the Russians have compromising information about Trump. None of the allegations can be verified and some are proven false. Several media outlets claim that they had been aware of the dossier for months and that it had been circulating in Washington.

6. January: Obama expands NSA sharing. As Michael Walsh later notes, and as the New York Times reports, the outgoing Obama administration “expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” The new powers, and reduced protections, could make it easier for intelligence on private citizens to be circulated improperly or leaked.

7. January: Times report. The New York Times reports, on the eve of Inauguration Day, that several agencies — the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Treasury Department are monitoring several associates of the Trump campaign suspected of Russian ties. Other news outlets also report the exisentence of “a multiagency working group to coordinate investigations across the government,” though it is unclear how they found out, since the investigations would have been secret and involved classified information.

8. February: Mike Flynn scandal. Reports emerge that the FBI intercepted a conversation in 2016 between future National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — then a private citizen — and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The intercept supposedly was part of routine spying on the ambassador, not monitoring of the Trump campaign. The FBI transcripts reportedly show the two discussing Obama’s newly-imposed sanctions on Russia, though Flynn earlier denied discussing them. Sally Yates, whom Trump would later fire as acting Attorney General for insubordination, is involved in the investigation. In the end, Flynn resigns over having misled Vice President Mike Pence (perhaps inadvertently) about the content of the conversation.

9. February: Times claims extensive Russian contacts. The New York Times cites “four current and former American officials” in reporting that the Trump campaign had “repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials. The Trump campaign denies the claims — and the Times admits that there is “no evidence” of coordination between the campaign and the Russians. The White House and some congressional Republicans begin to raise questions about illegal intelligence leaks.

10. March: the Washington Post targets Jeff Sessions. The Washington Post reports that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had contact twice with the Russian ambassador during the campaign — once at a Heritage Foundation event and once at a meeting in Sessions’s Senate office. The Post suggests that the two meetings contradict Sessions’s testimony at his confirmation hearings that he had no contacts with the Russians, though in context (not presented by the Post) it was clear he meant in his capacity as a campaign surrogate, and that he was responding to claims in the “dossier” of ongoing contacts. The New York Times, in covering the story, adds that the Obama White House “rushed to preserve” intelligence related to alleged Russian links with the Trump campaign. By “preserve” it really means “disseminate”: officials spread evidence throughout other government agencies “to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators” and perhaps the media as well.

In summary: the Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorization to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign; continued monitoring the Trump team even when no evidence of wrongdoing was found; then relaxed the NSA rules to allow evidence to be shared widely within the government, virtually ensuring that the information, including the conversations of private citizens, would be leaked to the media.
    link
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is possible but it won't be in a vacuum as there have been ongoing tensions between the two going back years. To be fair, Trump had also unleashed very harsh attacks on him while DGP was in office including leading the birther campaign, calling him founder of ISIS, calling him stupid among other things. Despite initial pleasantries displayed during "transition" following Trump win, Trump has continued to make underhanded attacks like recently inviting to White House Philippines Prez who had told Obama "go to hell" and called him SOAW twice.
    DGP is also accused of plotting landmines for Trump during his last days in office while in pubic wishing him success.

Team Obama keeps laying new land mines for Trump

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Are you suggesting that the communications of foreigners and immigrants should not be collected? Don't you want to keep America safe?

None of this would have happened if we'd just refused entry into the country for any Russian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

This is exactly his style. That's exactly how he won his IL Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I wish I could neg you again. Nobody here is talking about Hillary, except your stupid low-value meme. The allegations that Obama used government resources to spy on the political opposition is far more worrisome than anything Russia could have done.

Of course, there's still no evidence Russia did anything. But now we have evidence Obama did.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-03-2017 at 12:32 PM.

And just imagine how Trump will use the NSA/INTEL apparatus to target HIS enemies.....

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Always check the sources. In this case it is: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dermine-trump/

Mark Levin, a raging anti-liberty neocon, and Breitbart, Trump's personal propaganda machine ran by Steve "I'm a Leninist" Bannon.

And I'm supposed to take this seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    And just imagine how Trump will use the NSA/INTEL apparatus to target HIS enemies.....

In some cases they are his enemy, so we will see how that goes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't care. If the roles were reversed, I have no doubt Trump would do the same thing to an opposing party candidate. They are all crooked, lying sleazy scum.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Always check the sources. In this case it is: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dermine-trump/

Mark Levin, a raging anti-liberty neocon, and Breitbart, Trump's personal propaganda machine ran by Steve "I'm a Leninist" Bannon.

What is up with you today? A Genesis fallacy - really?

Don't be silly, it came from a site on the unofficial list of approved sources.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    What is up with you today? A Genesis fallacy - really?
    Let em ask you something.

If this guy

told you that he had secret evidence implicating Obama as a secret Jew, would you think, "Huh, this guy is totally impartial and worth listening to?"

I don't think so.

It is only a fallacy if the sources aren't known for being "conservative" propaganda machines.
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 03-03-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Exactly-
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

lol goddamn every time I see that $#@!ing chipmunk I swear to god I lose my $#@!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If this guy

told you that he had secret evidence implicating Obama as a secret Jew, would you think, "Huh, this guy is totally impartial and worth listening to?"

I don't think so.

It is only a fallacy if the sources aren't known for being "conservative" propaganda machines.

This might get real messy. Might be a good time to stock up on food and water and ammo. I smell a civil war brewing. The bulk of the rank and file is going to be with Trump but who knows how many high ranking globalist loyal generals, etc., they have in the ranks. God knows they have sleeper terrorist cells already here.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    lol goddamn every time I see that $#@!ing chipmunk I swear to god I lose my $#@!
    It just never gets old!

Well depends. What does the village idiot say?

*Scans*
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Ah, so the safe bet is to assume there is a silent coup.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

If this guy

I don't think so.

Impartiality has nothing to do with it.

The fallacy comes from the insistence that the report is not credible simply because the source is dubious. Even though you consider the source dubious, the information they're passing along seems to be real. Here's another source.

Here's another.

And here is another.

Seriously - I learned this lesson when I ignored the left's incessant yammering about the Iraq War. The source of the information can certainly indicate a bias, but it doesn't negate the information.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-03-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Impartiality has nothing to do with it.

The fallacy comes from the insistence that the report is not credible simply because the source is dubious. Even though you consider the source dubious, the information they're passing along seems to be real. Here's another source.

Here's another.

And here is another.

Seriously - I learned this lesson when I ignored the left's incessant yammering about the Iraq War. The source of the information can certainly indicate a bias, but it doesn't negate the information.
    WAIT.

So information from CNN, NYT, Politico, etc is now OK if the info seems real?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't care. If the roles were reversed, I have no doubt Trump would do the same thing to an opposing party candidate. They are all crooked, lying sleazy scum.
    I'm still blaming Bush.

Yes. Because Trump = King David according to @LibertyEagle.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WAIT.

Feelings are more important than truth.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You don't like your fellow humans?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Feelings are more important than truth.
    It is kinda sad when you reach that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WAIT.

Since when does "info" from the above sources ever seem real though? For me they stopped seeming real around 2002-ish. Ever since then, the only purpose they serve (for me) is to find out what the "official narrative" is and by extension, what nefarious future agenda TPTB are conditioning the sheep to accept. The "info" they sling can sometimes be technically real but it's cherry picked, while the other 90% of the story (that would the give the audience a broader context and fuller understanding - and destroy their fake narrative), they OMIT. This, along with outright lies and other falsehoods, is how they distort the truth. Hence fake news, ie, propaganda.
    Last edited by openfire; 03-04-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Has Obama and co. staged a silent coup?

Yes. (trying to)

Abuse ordered abuse of intelligence agencies for political sabotage of Trump Polices
    From RPI: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...rump-policies/

The "intelligence community", it is specifically the CIA here which campaigned on the Clinton side, manipulated the classification of secrets for the sole purpose of instigating witch-hunt investigations against the incoming Trump administration. Such secrets were then used to decapitate the Trump administration with the first casualty being his selected national security advisor Flynn. ... Slandered intelligence analysis was classified in low categories with the aim of distributing it far and wide and to practically guarantee that it would "leak" to the media. The real facts though were hidden as much as possible to provide no material for the Trump administration's defense.

Everyone was to receive the slander "analysis" the intelligence services provided but no one was supposed to know the sources and the real facts. This would make sure that the anti-Russia and anti-Trump "analysis" would leak but not the weak bits of facts it is based upon. To repeat: The Obama administration and the intelligence services spared no effort to sabotage the policies of the incoming Trump administration ... A lot of dirt is now thrown based on that effort and the hope is that some may stick.
    Building on the illegal moves of the Cheney administration Obama installed and empowered the intelligence instruments and the precedence for such manipulations. Not since the worst days of J. Edgar Hoover has the US seen such an interior assault on politicians and policies. ...

Flynn was a maniac and Session is a crazy fossil. But that does not justify this anti-democratic abuse of the foreign policy instruments of the state against the political opponents within the country.

Obama created these tools and now left them for the Trump administration to use. They will come back to haunt the Democrats. ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast