Thread: Trump: Israel Should Keep Building West Bank Settlements

Trump: Israel Should Keep Building West Bank Settlements

Israel should keep building settlements in the West Bank, Republican front-runner Donald Trump said on Tuesday, linking construction to the continued rocket threat that Israel faces from the Gaza Strip and which has seen it drawn into three wars against Hamas-run Gaza in recent years.

In an interview with the British Daily Mail on Tuesday, Trump said there should be no pause in settlement construction, a position at odds with that of the Obama administration, which in 2009 encouraged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to implement a freeze new construction for 10 months in an effort restart stalled peace talks with the Palestinians. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas refused to negotiate until the very end of the freeze, which Netanyahu then refused to extend.

Asked if there should be a pause in settlement building, Trump was quoted answering as follows: “No, I don’t think it is, because I think Israel should have – they really have to keep going. They have to keep moving forward… I don’t think there should be a pause… Look: Missiles were launched into Israel, and Israel, I think, never was properly treated by our country. I mean, do you know what that is, how devastating that is?”

“You have hundreds and, I guess, thousands of missiles being launched into Israel, who would put up with that? Who would stand for it?” he added.
    Asked about Netanyahu, Trump said he was a “very good guy” whom he didn’t know that well.

“I think I’d have a very good relationship with him,’ Trump said, adding that he thinks “Obama has been extremely bad to Israel.”

Israel began building settlements in the West Bank after it captured the territory, hitherto controlled by Jordan, in the Six Day War in 1967. Today, over 250,000 Israelis live in West Bank settlements and outposts.
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-i...k-settlements/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But but he said he was going to be neutral when it comes to Israeli/Palestinian issues. He also said this that and that other sorta good things during the campaign but you be rest assured that the slightly good policies he has proposed(that he didn't already flip flop on) would be ignored and the he would really double down on the bad ones. Yes, he is not a politician but he is just going to be as bad as any you've ever seen.

Get ready folk, we might be seeing a Hillary with a nasty comb over in the white house.

No, Trump is the most pro-Israel candidate in the race

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

A President trump will be a poster child for entangling alliances.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    A President trump will be a poster child for entangling alliances.
    That's just another term for "making good deals"
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Well, that's that.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This is confusing. Hillary did not say this and yet Israel lobby funding going to Hillary over Trump probably by a margin of 1000 to 1, why is that?
    The part that should really concern you is that your boy even after being rejected by the Israeli lobby in favor of his opponent, he is still trying to kiss their ass. What a sorry piece $#@! that man is. He is so American first that he has to stoop this low to get it.

A man this desperate for approval would sell this country out in order to get it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The part that should really concern you is that your boy even after being rejected by the Israeli lobby in favor of his opponent, he is still trying to kiss their ass. What a sorry piece $#@! that man is. He is so American first that he has to stoop this low to get it.

A man this desperate for approval would sell this country out in order to get it
    So he's ... what's that word they like to us? A "cuck"?